Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny finals - Sunday May 7 2017

LOCKHART CUP FINAL (at Underlane, Wendron Main pitch, 3pm ko)       

Mabe    3-3 aet       Penwith Exiles (Exiles win 6-5 on pens)

JUBILEE CUP FINAL (at Underlane, Wendron Main pitch, 12.00 ko)

Carharrack Reserves        0-1       New Inn Titans

I know there's a fair bit, but I've played there on a "normal day" with 2 games on, and the parking is pretty full (right up to the entrance gate). I'm just thinking that with 2 x cup finals on the day, with supporters etc, that amount of parking will get stretched, and the place is in the middle of nowhere!

Mangle - they have the 'normal' parking but they also use a field more or less opposite the main enterance on cup / tournament days.  It has been wet but that usually holds up very well for parking - one thing about Wendron, they can do big events. 

11 minutes ago, Justjoking said:

You for real? I hate penwith with a passion but this ref is a joke one way traffic 

you're obviously watching a different game to me, like a bunch of girls running around the pitch. 

Well done to titans on winning the jubilee cup final. Was a pleasure to work with Marc rose who centre reffed amazingly great control of the game and also working with good friend Ken keemer.  Great game could have gone either way.

Not sure of penwith vs mabe result was 2.2 when I left at 90 mins. 

I will not air any comments about this as i heard some very disrespectful comments being made towards a group of spectators and am not willing to start any thing that will get nasty.

4 minutes ago, Manager. said:

Penwith won 

For real? In extra time or pens? 

3-3  after extra time , 2-2 at 90mins

WHAT a game to watch i pay 20 quid a game to watch argyle and this was the best match iv seen in years, and was free to watch!!

penwith down to 9 men and and went 3 -2 up with about 6mins to go in extra time  then kayne popped with an equalizer in last minute. penwith went on to win on pens , executing all with precision .

there was a fair few up at wendron today to watch and nice sunny afternoon. 

well done penwith who deserved the win they battled with 9 men for a long time , my man of the match has to go to their keeper making some great saves throughout the match . 

unlucky mabe with the quality of their team really should of won against 9 men . 

3 minutes ago, GEACH1 said:

3-3  after extra time , 2-2 at 90mins

WHAT a game to watch i pay 20 quid a game to watch argyle and this was the best match iv seen in years, and was free to watch!!

penwith down to 9 men and and went 3 -2 up with about 6mins to go in extra time  then kayne popped with an equalizer in last minute. penwith went on to win on pens , executing all with precision .

there was a fair few up at wendron today to watch and nice sunny afternoon. 

well done penwith who deserved the win they battled with 9 men for a long time , my man of the match has to go to their keeper making some great saves throughout the match . 

unlucky mabe with the quality of their team really should of won against 9 men . 

Who was shown red for Penwith?

Exiles 3-3 mabe 6-5 on pens to exiles.

first and foremost I would like to thank mabe for a great final apart from the handbags from certain players on both sides it was a slog of a match between two teams really wanting to take the cup home. Down to 10 at halftime after a stupid mistake but we went in 1.1 after a great penalty save. Then down to 9 with another stupid petty mistake by our player  but we still managed to take the lead only for mabe to equalise with minutes to go. We then took the lead with 9 men in extra time and again mabe equalise with seconds to go. There is a lot of history with it matches against mabe but today was easily the best game between the sides the only difference was the hunger. Awesome grind to the 9 men who kept going for us until the end and bringing the cup home. Thanks again to everyone who came to support today was a great atmosphere throughout. 

Also the officials handled the game brilliantly and both reds was deserved.

scorers 

Daniel Burt 1

Josh Findlay 1

Danny Earl 1

Lewis pellow 1

Kane trevaskis 1

Luke Murray 1.

1 minute ago, Danielburt8 said:

Exiles 3-3 mabe 6-5 on pens to exiles.

first and foremost I would like to thank mabe for a great final apart from the handbags from certain players on both sides it was a slog of a match between two teams really wanting to take the cup home. Down to 10 at halftime after a stupid mistake but we went in 1.1 after a great penalty save. Then down to 9 with another stupid petty mistake by our player  but we still managed to take the lead only for mabe to equalise with minutes to go. We then took the lead with 9 men in extra time and again mabe equalise with seconds to go. There is a lot of history with it matches against mabe but today was easily the best game between the sides the only difference was the hunger. Awesome grind to the 9 men who kept going for us until the end and bringing the cup home. Thanks again to everyone who came to support today was a great atmosphere throughout. 

Also the officials handled the game brilliantly and both reds was deserved.

scorers 

Daniel Burt 1

Josh Findlay 1

Danny Earl 1

Lewis pellow 1

Kane trevaskis 1

Luke Murray 1.

Was a great game to watch

Special mention to the Mabe no 4 who has the guts to take the 6th penalty when certain others hid away from responsibility 

Head up 

Mabe had more possession but I just felt Penwith looked more dangerous when they attacked

Shame about the going ons from the sidelines but league representatives were there and will punish accordingly 

Good luck to Penwith for Tuesday and both for the rest of there season

Also well done to Wendron.. great hosts as usual

Just now, erby ruin said:

Was a great game to watch

Special mention to the Mabe no 4 who has the guts to take the 6th penalty when certain others hid away from responsibility 

Head up 

Mabe had more possession but I just felt Penwith looked more dangerous when they attacked

Shame about the going ons from the sidelines but league representatives were there and will punish accordingly 

Good luck to Penwith for Tuesday and both for the rest of there season

Also well done to Wendron.. great hosts as usual

Totally agree no4 had the guts to stand up and take a huge penalty. This is no dig but the more senior players should have stepped up 

Was everyone behaving after the final whistle. Both teams were disgraceful and should hang their heads in shame. The moaning was like a bunch of old ladies playing football. Both reds were totally deserved and the penwith managers behaviour towards the ref at half time was totally unacceptable. :):):)

Just now, Themanhimself said:

Was everyone behaving after the final whistle. Both teams were disgraceful and should hang their heads in shame. The moaning was like a bunch of old ladies playing football. Both reds were totally deserved and the penwith managers behaviour towards the ref at half time was totally unacceptable. :):):)

what happend after the game i think was nothing to do with the teams themselves , more the spectators, and was more tit for tat as nothing happend that i seen ! just arguing. 

my opinion 

I was also watching today, apart from all the antics that were going on the sidelines it was a great game to watch! Penwith are a great side but really with the players mabe have got and for penwith to play basically an hour (that's including extra time) with 9 men Mabe should of been good enough to put the game to bed! But great credit to penwith for winning with 9men and also watching from the sidelines u wouldn't of even realised that it was 9 v11 half the time because both sides were still creating chances! Going to the penalty, Completely agree to let a 17 year old lb take a suddden death penalty when u have senior attacking players who were available to take one was very harsh on the lad I thought and maybe the other more experienced players should of stepped up. 

4 minutes ago, GEACH1 said:

what happend after the game i think was nothing to do with the teams themselves , more the spectators, and was more tit for tat as nothing happend that i seen ! just arguing. 

my opinion 

Absolutely to be fair I missed it so I didn't know something happened. Care to explain Geach

Football game that had everything, some great some stupid and some plain silly.. but penwiths pure guts and spirit they deserved it!!!

The actions of some on the sideline was terrible mainly people who were not directly connected with any of the clubs!! Appalling behaviour just glad I chose not too bring my child along, the powers that be were present and will deal with it accordingly all I will say is some definitely shouldn't drink when they obviously can't handle it!!! And also one of penwiths management attitude towards referee nigel was wrong and another thing I'm sure will be dealt with as I personally felt nigel had a very good game as usual top referee and top bloke.

2 minutes ago, stokefan1 said:

Football game that had everything, some great some stupid and some plain silly.. but penwiths pure guts and spirit they deserved it!!!

The actions of some on the sideline was terrible mainly people who were not directly connected with any of the clubs!! Appalling behaviour just glad I chose not too bring my child along, the powers that be were present and will deal with it accordingly all I will say is some definitely shouldn't drink when they obviously can't handle it!!! And also one of penwiths management attitude towards referee nigel was wrong and another thing I'm sure will be dealt with as I personally felt nigel had a very good game as usual top referee and top bloke.

nigel is a top ref , penwith vs mabe is always a lively encounter , and needs a strong ref to take charge ! 

7 minutes ago, GEACH1 said:

nigel is a top ref , penwith vs mabe is always a lively encounter , and needs a strong ref to take charge ! 

Nigel is a cracking referee. I don't understand why players get stupid over a game of football. Being passionate and being pure arrogant is 2 completely different behaviours.

I was there as a complete neutral.  So have no connection to either club..

Penwith deserve to be cup winners, if only for pure guts and glory. I don't know the guys name, but penwiths no.10 ran himself into the ground for his team today. Nine men covered, what is a big pitch at wendron.

Football aside, penwith should be ashamed of themselves today. Again don't know the guy, but some great big fat bloke with the manners of a gutter rat let his club down at half time. In front of some of the more elderly members of the league and their wives, calling the very good ref all names that can't be repeated here.

Great game, next time, just bring your players, 

2 hours ago, Mrgreen said:

I was there as a complete neutral.  So have no connection to either club..

Penwith deserve to be cup winners, if only for pure guts and glory. I don't know the guys name, but penwiths no.10 ran himself into the ground for his team today. Nine men covered, what is a big pitch at wendron.

Football aside, penwith should be ashamed of themselves today. Again don't know the guy, but some great big fat bloke with the manners of a gutter rat let his club down at half time. In front of some of the more elderly members of the league and their wives, calling the very good ref all names that can't be repeated here.

Great game, next time, just bring your players,

The manager that was I believe Mr green 

21 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

The manager that was I believe Mr green 

MANAGER....Oh that is such a shame, I'd assumed he was just a muppet along for a day out.

He should take great pride in his players tonight, they left it all on the pitch for their manager today. He clearly has a talent for footballer management. 

Hopefully, in the morning, he will realise he needs to work on managing situations a little better.

Firstly, huge congratulations to Penwith. Unbelievable performance from the 9 on the pitch that dug in and kept fighting, even when we kept pegging them back. Cracking game to be involved in as it had everything; 2x red cards, missed penalties, goals, banter from the sidelines , a great advert for junior football (minus the scuffle at the end). As expected with 11 v 9 we dominated possession and created some great chances throughout which we really should have taken to win it in normal time, but that's football. Gutted for our number 4 (Finn) who had the courage to step up and take a pen where other more experienced players hid away, cruel way to end a final.

On a side note will miss the Mabe/ Penwith rivalry as it's always been full of incident and drama, and will miss the constant abuse I/ we always get when we play them as it adds an extra competitive edge to the game and spices things up. All the best in your quest to keep getting promoted through the leagues, top team. 

39 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

To be fair mabe wasn't that bad. They stood their and took it on the chin and gave back what they took from the so called penwith exiles. Chin up everyone at mabe. Luke Murray, kayne Paul Hart and the other lads worked their socks off

took it on the chin,  chin up everyone 

was that a pun ?

I thought the Champions League theme tune at the start was a bit over the top! Well a game that had just about everything, hold on........yep, it had everything. Penwith deserved the win. No doubt about that. A couple of harsh decisions went against them too. The second red card, a bit harsh to receive a yellow for that! Running full-pelt into a challenge, the defender strikes the ball in a kind of clearance, directly hitting the attacker on the side of chest/arm. Yes, it hit the arm, and a free-kick for handball about justified. But a yellow card, nonsense. Shame, as overall, the ref was excellent. I would like to know what the first red card was for, it looked like a second yellow, but shoving someone in the back of the head is a straight red. Right? So I thought it should have been a straight red card, not a second yellow, which it seems what happened.

The second Made penalty, well, the player will know he bought that one. Not sure of the ref's view, but the attacker flicked the ball over the defenders leg, and then went down. He just fell down, and got a penalty decision. Shame he did that.

The moaning from the players, mainly Penwith, at virtually every decision was awful. Again, it was a shame, as some of the strong but fair challenges were handled very well by both teams. Got up and got on with it. Good to see. But then there were the slightly late challenges, clipping of heels etc, free kicks correctly awarded by the officials, and moaned at incessantly. Glad the ref finally got his card out to try to shut them up, but I'm not sure it worked.

Mabe's tactics were awful, especially against a diminishing number of players. Lump it down the middle, lump it down the middle, lump it down the middle. Penwith were mopping up those all game. When Mabe did put some passes together, they looked good, and threatened, but did not do it often enough. I don't know why. But perhaps it was credit to Penwith, closing down and actually making it look like 11 v 11 the whole match.

Shame for the young fellow who missed the penalty. At 17, he is very composed on the ball, and had a cracking game. Perhaps the senior players who did not step up should give him their match fees. The rumours are right aren't they, Made are paid?

In my opinion, the Penwith No 7 was man of the match. He worked hard all game, looked out of it a couple of times, but lasted, somehow. I hope they all go out, get completely drunk tonight, and do not recover properly for their next match at Penzance on Tuesday!

1 hour ago, Themanhimself said:

To be fair mabe wasn't that bad. They stood their and took it on the chin and gave back what they took from the so called penwith exiles. Chin up everyone at mabe. Luke Murray, kayne Paul Hart and the other lads worked their socks off

Your a joke pal. 

58 minutes ago, muzza09 said:

Firstly, huge congratulations to Penwith. Unbelievable performance from the 9 on the pitch that dug in and kept fighting, even when we kept pegging them back. Cracking game to be involved in as it had everything; 2x red cards, missed penalties, goals, banter from the sidelines , a great advert for junior football (minus the scuffle at the end). As expected with 11 v 9 we dominated possession and created some great chances throughout which we really should have taken to win it in normal time, but that's football. Gutted for our number 4 (Finn) who had the courage to step up and take a pen where other more experienced players hid away, cruel way to end a final.

On a side note will miss the Mabe/ Penwith rivalry as it's always been full of incident and drama, and will miss the constant abuse I/ we always get when play them as it adds an extra competitive edge to the game and spices things up. All the best in your quest to keep getting promoted through the leagues, top team. 

Cheers pal means a lot to us for you to come on here and say that all the best to you guys Justin and all at exiles. 

30 minutes ago, GEACH1 said:

took it on the chin,  chin up everyone 

was that a pun ?

Who's this clown geechy lol 

3 hours ago, Illogan No5 said:

Mabe lost to nine men?

Yep 

2 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

Think you want to rethink what your saying you clearly haven't a clue what your talking about as a joint manager of the club myself and Francis at no point were sent off you've just made yourself look a real dickhead goodnight now let me enjoy my beer mug. 

5 hours ago, #coys said:

Is anyone else watching this penwith vs mabe game? What a disgrace penwith are, Nigel nicholls is doing well to control this. 

Lol 

4 hours ago, #coys said:

you're obviously watching a different game to me, like a bunch of girls running around the pitch. 

Clown 

2 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

Keyboard warrior 

That's Mr to you Justin :) credit to you all at penwith though any team who shows that much heart despite having 9 men deserve to win well done to you all. And I apologise if i got the wrong person. Enjoy your beer mug, put beer in it and it will taste loads better mate :)

1 hour ago, Mrgreen said:

MANAGER....Oh that is such a shame, I'd assumed he was just a muppet along for a day out.

He should take great pride in his players tonight, they left it all on the pitch for their manager today. He clearly has a talent for footballer management. 

Hopefully, in the morning, he will realise he needs to work on managing situations a little better.

No pal not the manager I'm one of the joint managers and can assure you it wasn't us shouldn't listen to keyboard warriors..