SWPL - fixture for Sunday May 7 2017

On 05/05/2017 at 07:11, Dave Deacon said:

Sunday May 7

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

WALTER C PARSON FUNERAL DIRECTORS CUP FINAL

Exmouth Town v St Austell (3 pm)

at Crediton United

One - nil victory to AFC St.Austell.

Well done boys, and a clean sheet. Not had to many of those this season.

Proper Job.:thumbsup:

Congratulations the Lillywhites. As a lad i was always siphoned off down to the front  of the crowd so that with all the other children we could watch the Wherry brothers, Tiny Rowe, Jackie Miners, the visiting Pollard twins who played alongside Roy Nail at Newquay.
Sorry got carried away a bit there, well done the present team on bring home some silverware.

17 minutes ago, The Smiling Assassin said:

I see both the ref and 4th official were from Devon. Any conspiracy theories Big Al?

The referee, Mr Littlefair, must have been one of the highest (if not the highest) as he was one of the three SWPL officials who gained promotion to Level 3 (The other two were Mr Kane and Mr Barlow).

Crowd was 334. Lovely set up at Crediton, organisation by the club and SWPL staff was excellent.  Commiserations to Exmouth who were very gracious in defeat and joined in the celebrations in the club house after the match. Well done to my boys who were the best team on the day and deserved to win the cup. A really special winning goal from the sweet left foot of Martin Watts. 

5 hours ago, We Two said:

Congratulations the Lillywhites. As a lad i was always siphoned off down to the front  of the crowd so that with all the other children we could watch the Wherry brothers, Tiny Rowe, Jackie Miners, the visiting Pollard twins who played alongside Roy Nail at Newquay.
Sorry got carried away a bit there, well done the present team on bring home some silverware.

Some top players listed there.The team today showed real pride and commitment for the club and deserved the win. Credit to Exmouth for being tough opponents and great sportsmen in defeat. 

A word of praise for the officials as well who had an excellent game and enabled the game to entertain a decent crowd. 

Well done Crediton who were great hosts and on behalf of the management and players a massive thanks to the afc st austell supporters who travelled in numbers and who were in great voice for their relentless encouragement. 

43 minutes ago, midlandlilywhite said:

Crowd was 334. Lovely set up at Crediton, organisation by the club and SWPL staff was excellent.  Commiserations to Exmouth who were very gracious in defeat and joined in the celebrations in the club house after the match. Well done to my boys who were the best team on the day and deserved to win the cup. A really special winning goal from the sweet left foot of Martin Watts. 

I agree, Crediton were brilliant  host today, and thanks for the compliments for us SWPL Board Members, we aim to please.

Great day all round. Pitch looked excellent and Crediton very friendly and good hosts. It was a tight game which was very well refereed and St Austell just about worthy winners with a clean sheet!!

Decent crowd with a very noisy following from Cornwall - bit like some of our epic Vase trips....full double decker coach, singing in the clubhouse ("Exmouth bombers" etc.). A long but excellent day (bit "tired" today in the office!!).

Martin Watts goal, courtesy of twitter

Can I add my congratulations to St Austell winning the league cup, nice to see the silverware being shared around for a change. I was a great admirer of Martin Watts and was at Salisbury when he was seriously injured playing for Truro City. If you get to read this Martin you are fondly remembered at Treyew Road and talked about regularly, shame it all ended the way it did. Some great free kicks and goals. Good luck in the future. :smiley20: Cheers and gone