Cornwall Football Forum

F A Applications

Just spotted on the SW Peninsula website (Forum)

F A Cup / Vase or both -From the Premier Division- All clubs have applied except Launceston(again)-Godolphin and Callington & Stoke Gabriel(Both without lights)

Only Wadebridge from the West Division have applied for FA Vase

From the East Division Crediton and Budleigh Salterton have applied for Vase

surprised no Tavistock or Porthleven this time having entered last term

These are applications not acceptances and there will be a cut off for the F.A.Cup based on points per game average with a lot of uncertainty regarding ground gradings and a number of clubs folding.

Edited by Mike Odgers

List of ENTRIES (Not acceptances) for FA Cup & FA Vase Season 2015/16, taken from the SWPL Forum.  The list has been amended during the morning and updated is as below:

BODMIN TOWN

CULLOMPTON RANGERS

NEWQUAY

PLYMOUTH PARKWAY

SALTASH UNITED

ST AUSTELL

ST BLAZEY

TORPOINT ATHLETIC

WITHERIDGE

BOVEY TRACEY (Vase only)

BUDLEIGH SALTERTON (Vase only)

CAMELFORD (Vase Only)

CREDITON UNITED (Vase Only)

ELBURTON VILLA (Vase Only)

EXMOUTH TOWN (Vase Only)

FALMOUTH TOWN (Vase Only)

IVYBRIDGE TOWN (Vase Only)

PORTHLEVEN (Vase Only)

WADEBRIDGE TOWN (Vase Only)

Will St Austell's application be effected by the recent ground grading problems? 

I really wouldn't have thought so, their problems with ground facilities are in relation to league progression not F.A. Competitions. Their ground sufficed to make excellent runs in both Cup and, particularly Vase and only required some modification at Vase semi-final level. There are other teams on the list with far more to worry about than St Austell on that score.

They can enter, they just might not get accepted!

There is precedent on this, Exmouth Town 12 months ago not only failed to get the grade for Step 5, they were stripped of their existing grading, in much the same way AFC St Austell have been. I don't know if there is a process where they can be regraded now (for the FA competitions only, the deadline for the Step 5 applications has now of course passed)

They can enter, they just might not get accepted!

There is precedent on this, Exmouth Town 12 months ago not only failed to get the grade for Step 5, they were stripped of their existing grading, in much the same way AFC St Austell have been. I don't know if there is a process where they can be regraded now (for the FA competitions only, the deadline for the Step 5 applications has now of course passed)

I think the St Austell situation is slightly different to exmouth's. I think the grading rules were changed this year and clubs were advised of changes needed in at the end of January and given until end of March to implement them, St Austell didn't/couldn't make the changes in time. 

Exmouth did not have that two month opportunity last season as was only bought in this year 

How can a club , under instruction from the FA , police and safety officials , spend thousands to improve their ground to be able to stage a FAVase semi with a capacity of , I believe , over 2000 , then get told because of ground grading they might not be able to enter the competition this year !!!