Railway Locomotiv     3v2              Newbridge Athletic

St Erme     1v1              Falmouth DC

Stithians Reserves       1v1              Madron Reserves

Storm Reserves      3v2              Newquay 4ths

Wendron United 4ths             1v1              Camborne Town

Percy Stephens Cup

St Agnes Reserves      2v0              Marazion Blues

Edited by Dave Deacon

Sorry been away for a couple of weeks with a new arrival to the family. So will try and do a match report tonight.

Trelawny Premier:

Mawnan 2 Carharrack 3 (Boase, Osborne & Powell)

Very competitive match at the top of the table.

Thanks to Mawnan for the hospitality afterwards. Always put on a great spread.  

Mabe 0- penwith 4      h/t 0-0

1st half was fairly even neither side creating many chances apart from penwith who hit the post. half time 0-0

2nd half penwith scored inside the 1st minute when a header  from a cross was deflected off the defenders foot into the bottom corner. penwith went 2 up when a long ball over the top let their striker in who buried into the net. 3rd and 4 th goals was from corners one a header and another a volley hit 1st time. overall penwith thoroughly deserved their win today they scored 4 and could of had more. the game was well reffed  by Jaime chown.   could be an interesting ending to the season in div 4  if mabe win their remaining games they win the league. could it be that the shenanigans of the Falmouth town vs penwith match earlier in the season which cost them points be there undoing. penwith are a very good side who I think would give any trelawny prem a run for their money and if anyone doubts what I say give them a pre season friendly and you wll see.   

Illogan 3-2 Trispen

Trispen poor form continues with another defeat to Illogan. Fair play to Illogan who deserved the result, for us...... Can't really put my finger on it. Bitterly disappointed with the lads who for me ain't working hard enough and doing the things that took us to 4th in the league and in 2 x semi finals. Have to have a long hard think for the next few weeks as we have some huge games coming up. 

Well done Illogan

Edited by playmaker10

Camborne Athletic 0-4 Newlyn Lions

Took the points in a fairly scruffy game today.

1-0 at half time although we had the ball in the net 4 times in the half. 2 ruled out for 'offside' and 1 for a foul on the keeper.

We were pretty dire in the first half and for the next 25mins of the second.The game was put to bed eventually when we scored 2 quick goals through our best spell of football in the game and finished Athletic off with a nice move and finish.

Also missed a penalty when Athletics goal keeper saved really well low to his right.

Gotta say the ref was very good today.

Best of luck to Dave and his boys for the remainder of the season.

Mark

Sorry been away for a couple of weeks with a new arrival to the family. So will try and do a match report tonight.

Trelawny Premier:

​Very competitive game, despite being on the wrong end of the scoreline.   Carharrack started strongly with a very attacking system, but after settling into the game, Mawnan got into their stride and took the lead 20 minutes in.  For the rest of the half it was a high intensity game, with plenty of strong challenges as youd expect between two strong sides. Mawnan could have a penalty to make it 2-0 but was not given.

The turning point was the last 2 minutes of the first half.  From leading 1-0 on 44 minutes, Carharrack scored 2 goals in a minute to go into half time 2-1 up.  2 excellent finshes but naiivety on Mawnans part at that stage of the game.

Carharrack had their tails up in the second half, and came at Mawnan, coring a third on about 55 minutes.   

However, Mawnan went again and pressed as a team.  We hit the bar twice at 3-1 which would have made the away side nervous, but the 2nd goal came too late (in injury time) to make a difference.

Be an interesting fight to the finish between West Cornwall and Carharrack for the title, and expect it to go the the last game of the season.

Thanks to Carharrack for bringing a good contingent along which made for a good atmosphere at the game

Trelawny Premier:

​Very competitive game, despite being on the wrong end of the scoreline.   Carharrack started strongly with a very attacking system, but after settling into the game, Mawnan got into their stride and took the lead 20 minutes in.  For the rest of the half it was a high intensity game, with plenty of strong challenges as youd expect between two strong sides. Mawnan could have a penalty to make it 2-0 but was not given.

The turning point was the last 2 minutes of the first half.  From leading 1-0 on 44 minutes, Carharrack scored 2 goals in a minute to go into half time 2-1 up.  2 excellent finshes but naiivety on Mawnans part at that stage of the game.

Carharrack had their tails up in the second half, and came at Mawnan, coring a third on about 55 minutes.   

However, Mawnan went again and pressed as a team.  We hit the bar twice at 3-1 which would have made the away side nervous, but the 2nd goal came too late (in injury time) to make a difference.

Be an interesting fight to the finish between West Cornwall and Carharrack for the title, and expect it to go the the last game of the season.

Thanks to Carharrack for bringing a good contingent along which made for a good atmosphere at the game

​Though looking at the table and upcoming fixtures, I wouldnt rule Holmans out!

St.Agnes res 2-0 Marazion blues 

In a very even first half with both teams having chances the scores was level at half time. But St.Agnes came out and dominated the second scoring twice and moving on to the semi finals special mention for sam Davis bossing midfield and Alex walker getting his first goal in about 5 years 

Holmans Reserves 4-1 Camborne Park

Holmans totally deserved the win today out-battled us won every first and second ball, and outplayed us on the day.... we were being presented with league trophy after game and being last league game and having title wrapped up looked like we were on the beach at times.

Jamie cooper hat trick for holmans best player on pitch and i know how strong holmans 1st team are but wont be long before this lad is back in their first team absolute quality ran show for holmans from middle of park...

Luckily for us todays bad performance has been rare and we have captured league title and will be in div2 next season, semi final now in a months time....will be ready by then after week saturdays with families and few alcoholic beverages, best luck holmans rest of season....

Ps Really glad to see st agnes 3rds get a good win today top bunch up their get in their wellsy!!! 

Also Holmans will have massive say in who wins premier as think the squad they have now player for player is the best luke johnson quality signing...

Probus res 4-0 mabe res

Not a good day for us again this Saturday, started well but couldn't find the target when we did get close enough. Probus got their 1st after a through ball for the striker to run on to and slot past our keeper. Their 2nd was just before half time, a deflected shot from the edge of the box wrong footing our keeper and hitting the back of the net. Half time 2-0

2nd half we might as well of stayed in the changing room. Probus moved the ball well and battled harder than they did in the 1st half, scored a couple more goals before the end. We did manage to test probus keeper after a shot rebounded off the post, he made a good save at the feet of denty 

Div 3 West 

Lanner 2-3 Marazion Blues Reserves 

this wasn't the best game by far for either side. Lanner took the lead mid way through the first half scoring with a first time finish from a corner. Marazion equalised through Zac Morris scoring a smart header. 1-1 HT

in the second half it took Lanner about 5 minutes to score a deflected shot from the edge of the area flying in to the bottom corner leaving the keeper no chance. Around 80 minutes in  Marazion again equalised this time via an unfortunate headed own goal. Marazion kept pressing and were rewarded with virtually the last kick of the game 16 year old Alex Ralph scoring his 5th goal in 3 games after good work from Elliot Psaila on the left. Good win for us today despite playing poor and 7 wins on the bounce including the cups. We needed the win to pull away from Lanner in 4th who I believe cannot overtake us now.

also congrats to the Camborne Park lads on winning the league definitely deserved 

Holmans Reserves 4-1 Camborne Park

Holmans totally deserved the win today out-battled us won every first and second ball, and outplayed us on the day.... we were being presented with league trophy after game and being last league game and having title wrapped up looked like we were on the beach at times.

Jamie cooper hat trick for holmans best player on pitch and i know how strong holmans 1st team are but wont be long before this lad is back in their first team absolute quality ran show for holmans from middle of park...

Luckily for us todays bad performance has been rare and we have captured league title and will be in div2 next season, semi final now in a months time....will be ready by then after week saturdays with families and few alcoholic beverages, best luck holmans rest of season....

Ps Really glad to see st agnes 3rds get a good win today top bunch up their get in their wellsy!!! 

Also Holmans will have massive say in who wins premier as think the squad they have now player for player is the best luke johnson quality signing...

Last season jamie was one of the best players in the combination league let alone trelawney league.

St Erme - 1    Falmouth DC - 1

A disappointing result from the home side who dropped 2 big points and the league is now well out of our hands but we'll keep battling to the end.

Credit to Falmouth though who made it very difficult and were well organised throughout, their keeper pulled of at least 3 worldies to keep them in the game and 2 from point blank range headers, the home side were very unlucky also not to be awarded at least 2 penalties with one in the first half which most of their lads agreed was one all day long.

The Falmouth equaliser was a tough one to take really as their number 7 who scored it was lucky to be on the field after kicking out in the 1st half, luckily for him the ref missed it, if he'd have seen it then he would've walked no doubt about it.

But like I said take nothing away from Falmouth who played very well and were organised, too be honest and some may disagree I thought they were one of the toughest opponents we've played all season and if they keep that squad together then next season they'll be hard to beat.

Adam Coveney with St Erme goal.

Trelawny League Division 4: Ludgvan Reserves 4-0 Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves

Ludgvan maintained their push for promotion with a 4-0 win over Newlyn Non-Athletico at Fair Field.

The Hurlers started brightly and would have been ahead inside the opening 10 minutes (but for a couple of dubious offside decisions), before Michael Fitchett opened the scoring after the visitors failed to clear a corner.

Dan Hopkins doubled the home side's advantage after a piercing run from Ben Mills down the right-hand side and Andy Weir added a third goal shortly after.

Hopkins then made it 4-0 with Mills again providing the assist and, in truth, it could have been more before half-time had Ludgvan managed to be more precise in the final third.

From the Hurlers' perspective, the less said about the second period, the better as a failure to retain possession resulted in an extremely scrappy 45 minutes.

Hopkins conjured up a glorious chance to complete his hat-trick after rounding the Non-Athletico goalkeeper, but a last-ditch stop on the line prevented him from increasing the score.

Although they never really troubled Jonathan Fitchett in the Ludgvan goal, Newlyn battled for the entire 90 minutes so credit must go to them for that; best of luck for the rest of your season.

Ludgvan Reserves: J Fitchett; Rowe, Lane, Matthews (J Hannaford), M Harris; Mills, Fitchett, Ramsey, J Leah; Hopkins (J Harris), Weir (Barnett).

Div 4

Frogpool Reserves 1-1 Falmouth Town Thirds.

Really good game and a good point for us against a weaker than usual Falmouth Town side who battled well.

Both teams had chances to take the three points.

Frogpool goal came from Marc Symons.

......and would have been ahead inside the opening 10 minutes (but for a couple of dubious offside decisions)............

Mr Hurler, I was running the line for the first 25 minutes, when your first 2 goals were scored, and I take issue that you say that I made dubious off-side decisions. Were you in the same position that I was? Could you see the line across the pitch to see that when the ball was kicked, the player was on or off side? I do not recall anyone running along with me. So although you infer that either I was cheating or incorrect, I state that you are wrong. Ask you Captain (the right-winger at the time) who won the corner for your first goal. As he placed the ball down, he actually said "cheers lino, not many would have given that as a corner". The ball did flick lightly off the Newlyn player as it went out, initially off the attacker. But that makes it a corner, and so that is what I awarded. Did you not see the Newlyn defenders and goalkepper looking at me in disbelief, and asking me to explain after your first goal as they all thought it was off-side? Probably not as you celebrated and my flag was kept down. It was actually close to being off-side. But one defender was playing everyone on-side, so the goal stood. The 2 off-sides that I recall giving were clearly off-side. There was no doubt, one or two yards, but clear enough.

Mousehole 1-2 West Cornwall (ht 0-1)

Mousehole Scorer: Damon Nicholls

Heard that a Mousehole 1st team player played for West Cornwall against his own club, Now that is a great way to run a club 

Not sure who you're having a dig at there gossip man, but rules are rules, and until the powers that be change them, then it will continue to happen. Many senior players sign on for different junior teams. Dan Richards was signed for Illogan, then played for Troon combo side, in the same league as Illogan ressies. Both senior sides!! That's just the most recent. It's just unfortunate the way the fixtures worked out that the day Mousehole 1st had no game, then our game was against their 2nds. Didn't hear any complaints from Mousehole yesterday! 

Heard that a Mousehole 1st team player played for West Cornwall against his own club, Now that is a great way to run a club 

Not sure who you're having a dig at there gossip man, but rules are rules, and until the powers that be change them, then it will continue to happen. Many senior players sign on for different junior teams. Dan Richards was signed for Illogan, then played for Troon combo side, in the same league as Illogan ressies. Both senior sides!! That's just the most recent. It's just unfortunate the way the fixtures worked out that the day Mousehole 1st had no game, then our game was against their 2nds. Didn't hear any complaints from Mousehole yesterday! 

Plus playing 12 mins plus added time. He had no chance to change the game that was already end to end stuff by then any way!

Plus playing 12 mins plus added time. He had no chance to change the game that was already end to end stuff by then any way!

Haha, think the 12 minutes added time was just in the first half! The game was well over 100 minutes in total!!

......and would have been ahead inside the opening 10 minutes (but for a couple of dubious offside decisions)............

Mr Hurler, I was running the line for the first 25 minutes, when your first 2 goals were scored, and I take issue that you say that I made dubious off-side decisions. Were you in the same position that I was? Could you see the line across the pitch to see that when the ball was kicked, the player was on or off side? I do not recall anyone running along with me. So although you infer that either I was cheating or incorrect, I state that you are wrong. Ask you Captain (the right-winger at the time) who won the corner for your first goal. As he placed the ball down, he actually said "cheers lino, not many would have given that as a corner". The ball did flick lightly off the Newlyn player as it went out, initially off the attacker. But that makes it a corner, and so that is what I awarded. Did you not see the Newlyn defenders and goalkepper looking at me in disbelief, and asking me to explain after your first goal as they all thought it was off-side? Probably not as you celebrated and my flag was kept down. It was actually close to being off-side. But one defender was playing everyone on-side, so the goal stood. The 2 off-sides that I recall giving were clearly off-side. There was no doubt, one or two yards, but clear enough.

I certainly didn't mean to offend you, Mangle, and perhaps 'dubious' was a poor choice of word so I apologise for that.

I simply meant to get across that we (as a team) felt that our forwards were onside when the ball was played. 

However you did, as you mentioned, correctly keep your flag down for the first goal, so I won't doubt the integrity of what you're saying.

Anyway, none of these rulings affected the outcome of the game so I see little point in discussing it any further to be perfectly honest! Best of luck for the rest of your season. 

It is a bit different he didn't play against his own club.. 

I certainly didn't mean to offend you, Mangle, and perhaps 'dubious' was a poor choice of word so I apologise for that.

I simply meant to get across that we (as a team) felt that our forwards were onside when the ball was played. 

However you did, as you mentioned, correctly keep your flag down for the first goal, so I won't doubt the integrity of what you're saying.

Anyway, none of these rulings affected the outcome of the game so I see little point in discussing it any further to be perfectly honest! Best of luck for the rest of your season. 

Fair enough. You are right, no decisions affected the outcome of the game. Ludgvan were worthy winners, and at times we were fortunate to keep you from scoring in the second half. We kept going though and tried our best to keep you lot honest. Well done and good luck.