Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - 16th March 2013

Arthur Pearce Cup

Redrurh res 2 Marazion res 0

Awful conditions but both teams tried to play football Redruth were one up at half time through Andy Osborne could have added a few others but Marazion keeper made some good saves from Guy Johnson and Kyler Letcher . Redruth finally got the second from a cool finish through Johnson . last ten Marazion came at Redruth but the defence held strong . well refereed by Colin Bennetts . good luck to marazion for the rest of the season

We got a phone call whilst at the game from someone at cury saying you only had 5 players and have your team were out from a tummy bug and you wouldn't be travelling. The referee for our game never had the chance to complete a pitch inspection as we had a phone call from a person representing cury fc at 1.50pm before the ref even arrived. Surley you wernt planning to travel from cury to Redruth at 1.50pm. There were games played at calijah today to

We were told that the ref had cancelled the game ??? Seems to be some confusion the fa full time website also reports the game as postponed

If you read forum newlyn travelled only for ref to call it off, they had every intention of playing, Cury is a long drive so not to have a full team by 1.50 doesnt really cut it! Cant see why website would postpone games when refs dont inspect pitches til just before kickoff!

We were told that the ref had cancelled the game ??? Seems to be some confusion the fa full time website also reports the game as postponed

If you read forum newlyn travelled only for ref to call it off, they had every intention of playing, Cury is a long drive so not to have a full team by 1.50 doesnt really cut it! Cant see why website would postpone games when refs dont inspect pitches til just before kickoff! Kick off is 1430 why do we have to be at the pitch @1350 ? I don't amend the website so can't help you there I am afraid we were told the game wouldn't go ahead. Whilst out walking my dog I checked the website to look at other fixtures and it said as we had already been informed that the game had been postponed. Hopefully the powers that be will resolve this matter. I am sorry that we didn't drive to Redruth so u could tell us there was no fit pitch !!! Irrelevant of if we had 5 players or 50 the pitch was deemed unplayable by the appointed ref. hopefully we will be able to play the fixture in due course if not good luck for the rest of the season. And just for information we do not meet at cury for away games so from the meeting point to your pitch is just over 10 mins

Trispen 3-4 Titans Lockhart cup

Well for the viewing few this was an intriguing battle with trispen flying high in div 2. Unfortunately for us we travelled with the bare 11 for the first time this season and were going to have to work hard to win this qtr final. We started down hill toward the club house and scored with 15 on the watch from a sweet stu hull strike followed 15mins later by another cooper strike from a corner from 6 yds. Ht 0-2 second half and after 10 mins we scored a third through Adam brown and at that stage were comfortable, with half an hour to go our keeper Ryan dropped a cross for trispen 1-3 they had a little more pressure with my old mate graham pulling the midfield strings ( I had a tenner for that mention) :) we then gave the ball awY from our own throw out to our centre half who got tackled and the trispen lad lashed it into the goal at a quite unbelievable angle 2-3. Still unfazed more bleeding annoyed we seemed to find the conditions getting to us and trispen were hungry. With 4 mins left the reliable unflappable Ryan lost another cross and they made it 3-3 from 1 yd. nice to see there no5 I believe felt it necessary to remind me that he told me they were going to do it:) for once I'd kept quiet all afternoon so where this outburst arose from I will never know. Poor me:( needless to say we woke up like the half decent team we are and from ko we were rampant. With practically the last kick of the game Adam brown slotted past the keeper and it was over. Special mention to trispen for cracking spread I never had none as you'd be aware. Some very good youngsters and not sure if I mentioned how well one of my old players played, well done graham! Final point ref, first name Aaron won't say second name had him today and at threemilestone 99/100 only a youngster I'd have him ref every week for me well done young man.

Penwith Exiles 3 St Erme 4

A good battling performance against a good bunch of old heads. Only a lack of experience let us down today. Being two nil down at the break due to a young fellow called Rapsey, keep an eye on this youngster he knows where the net is, we fought back to two all with Steve Semmens grabbing a brace. Then Tony Penrose stroked home the goal of the game, before Steve Semmens completed his hat trick from the spot, after a foul from a corner, conceded by probably the greatest save I have ever seen from another of St Ermes youngsters Dennis Fallowfield! And in the dying minutes that whippersnapper Rapsey completed his hat trick after my ageing legs failed to stretch far enough to intercept the through ball, leaving mark an age to pick his spot. Good set of boys at St Erme, look forward to seeing you up at yours in a few weeks

the game played at clijah today shouldn't have gone ahead it was that poor conditions, both goals literally under 2 inches of water all game, as was centre circle and most of the pitch had puddles in them, the other pitches weren't any better, but both teams did what they could to play (football) :) rly angry about losing our first game of the season but i guess that's the kick up the ass we need maybe! gl redruth in semi and hopefully final would have been nice to see division 5 represented by another team thou :S

Guest BenTheYeti

Percy Stephens Cup

Constantine 2 - 0 St Ives Reserves

I managed a personal first today.. we got to the ground under my directions first and without getting remotely lost.

As to be expected with the recent downpours, the pitch was looking slicker than the surface at the Melbourne GP Circuit, and by the end it resembled something befitting a Motocross Circuit.
With a few players missing once again this week, Daggers decided to shuffle his formation pack and try something a bit different for us to work with. We started brightly with a midfield three of Andy Barry, Barney Poznansky and Danny Paynter linking well and looking to release our version of "Little n Large" in Jake Cook and John McWilliams up front. At the other end, Constantine were challenging us in the "Under 15's" department (apart from some random old guy who turned up to sign on for them on the day.. Steve Jeweller.. never heard of him!), which meant they had plenty of pace and purpose on the break.
One such break looked threatening until it was cut out by Nick Strong, who played a lovely give and go.. unfortunately it was with the Constantine striker, who calmly wandered into the area and side footed past the Yeti. This led to our customary 15 minutes of headless chicken syndrome, however we had a decent shout for a penalty turned down, when a Constantine defender tied himself in a knot getting in the way of a goal bound effort and it seemingly hit all 4 limbs at once. The referee said no and, as we were still in headless chicken time, Constantine promptly marched down the other end to score goal number 2; After only being able to half clear the danger on a few occasions, the ball fell to a Constantine player who hit a shot which got caught in the wind and rose quickly, however, he clearly had the ball on a piece of string as it came back off the top of the crossbar and somehow did a 90 degree turn right across the goal for the simplest tap in known to man.
We tried in vein to get a goal back before half time, with the 'Tine goalkeeper getting down well to smother a shot, and Jake Cook unable to get his header on target from a pinpoint Ginger Berbatov cross
HT 2-0
The second half followed in much the same way as the first, we knocked the ball around well enough without really troubling the keeper, and Constantine continued to look threatening on the break. Also similar to the first half was us appealing ferociously for a penalty in some classic penalty area bagatelle, but again the referee waved play on and the ball was eventually cleared by 'Tine at about the 74th attempt.
As the match wore on and the pitch started to take it's toll, the game petered out with only a few half chances coming before the end, and Constantine looked comfortable in advancing to the next round.

Unfortunately not much for us to shout about (or me to write about) today, but a mention again to Andy Barry and Barney Poznasnky who were superb in the middle of the pitch.
Good luck to Constantine in the next round, sorry we couldn't come back to the clubhouse afterwards, these young lads have to work for their pocket money these days!

Illogan res 3 Gulval 0

Very wet slippery pitch was never going to help any one play good football. We scored all 3 within about 5 mins of each other and all very similar, getting the ball wide where there was some grass and deliver. After that 5 min spell we never stopped making chances but failed to take any. With gulvals keeper making some fantastic saves. Always a warm welcome by Rhonda and the new changing rooms and showers were lovely. Best of luck to gulval. Adam Callaway luke and steve abbot smith with the goals.

If you read forum newlyn travelled only for ref to call it off, they had every intention of playing, Cury is a long drive so not to have a full team by 1.50 doesnt really cut it! Cant see why website would postpone games when refs dont inspect pitches til just before kickoff! Kick off is 1430 why do we have to be at the pitch @1350 ? I don't amend the website so can't help you there I am afraid we were told the game wouldn't go ahead. Whilst out walking my dog I checked the website to look at other fixtures and it said as we had already been informed that the game had been postponed. Hopefully the powers that be will resolve this matter. I am sorry that we didn't drive to Redruth so u could tell us there was no fit pitch !!! Irrelevant of if we had 5 players or 50 the pitch was deemed unplayable by the appointed ref. hopefully we will be able to play the fixture in due course if not good luck for the rest of the season. And just for information we do not meet at cury for away games so from the meeting point to your pitch is just over 10 mins

The phonecall came to our secretary whilst the referee was inspecting the pitch to say that you couldn't raise a side. He hadn't made a decision by that point....

10 mins from Clijah? You may as well rename yourselves Lanner as thats about as far away in 10 minutes as you could get

PENWITH (0) 3 Semmens 75,83,87(pen)

ST.ERME (2) 4 Rapsey 6,27,90 Penrose 85,

Great summing up of the game Chris, when we were holding on to the 2-0 with 15 to go I couldn't see all the drama that was to come mate!! Well reffed by Mr Neil Rudders Rudkin although you bought that pen with a good experienced old pro's trick ;-) great strike from the free kick too bud, Den "flying 50 year old Fallowfield" to tip it around with his 7 fingers at full stretch for a great save!! Glad I set that one up for Tony to bend in the far corner, he's set about 25 up for me this season!!! As you say goal of the game by far, great strike. Two good sets of lads playing the game in the right spirit, look forward to the re-match mate. 57 goals to go Rich!!! Getting closer to retirement bud, although no game again next week, got a couple of freebies to Torquay v York. Not quite Millenium mate!!! :-)

There is more than one Newlyn Team , hence the above confusion .Newlyn Dolphins played Troon 3rds at Troon in Div 5. While Newlyn N A's game with Four Lanes was cancelled in Div 4 .

Whilst posting I'd like to thank Troon for providing the pitch for todays match ( some how our shared pitch with mousehole 3rds was double booked) It was a close game with Troon taking the leading twice but with us pinching the win in the last minute, both teams tried to play football on a tricky surface but in the last 10 minutes Newlyn's younger legs had a bit more go.

If you read forum newlyn travelled only for ref to call it off, they had every intention of playing, Cury is a long drive so not to have a full team by 1.50 doesnt really cut it! Cant see why website would postpone games when refs dont inspect pitches til just before kickoff!Kick off is 1430 why do we have to be at the pitch @1350 ? I don't amend the website so can't help you there I am afraid we were told the game wouldn't go ahead. Whilst out walking my dog I checked the website to look at other fixtures and it said as we had already been informed that the game had been postponed. Hopefully the powers that be will resolve this matter. I am sorry that we didn't drive to Redruth so u could tell us there was no fit pitch !!! Irrelevant of if we had 5 players or 50 the pitch was deemed unplayable by the appointed ref. hopefully we will be able to play the fixture in due course if not good luck for the rest of the season. And just for information we do not meet at cury for away games so from the meeting point to your pitch is just over 10 mins

The phonecall came to our secretary whilst the referee was inspecting the pitch to say that you couldn't raise a side. He hadn't made a decision by that point....

10 mins from Clijah? You may as well rename yourselves Lanner as thats about as far away in 10 minutes as you could get

How far away is the sportsmans at four lanes from your pitch ?

Goonhavern 2-3 Wendron III

A great game to watch as both sides tried playing passing football,with either goalkeeper not really being tested the shots on target not reflecting the build up play from both sides.(both teams guilty of waisting posession in the final third).Wendron sneeking a goal in the first half after a low cross into the six yard box for a tap in for our striker,which we held on till half time.

Second half Goonhavern pressed harder to get back on level terms but conceeded two more goals one from a corner and one from a quick counter attack.

Credit must be given as even at 3-0 down Goonhavern pressed on and got their reward with a goal 10 mins from time.Encouraged by their goal Goonhavern pressed again and with a couple of minutes to go scored with a long range effort that our keeper missread and sailed in just under the bar.

The pitch was in superb condition and although a stiff breeze it never effected the game.well reffed today sorry cant remember your name but aloud the game to flow .Good luck to Goonhavern for the rest of the season and weather permitting we'll see you at ours next week.

st ives mariners 1 hayle 4ths 6

good game played in right spirit.

hayle goals

ryan turner 2

barnaby dagger 2

billy foster 1

jack whitcombe 1

nice bunch of lads who never gave up. mariners put us

under a bit of pressure at times but birchy pulled off

2 great saves.

jordan brown scored for home side with penalty, how he

didnt start game was a mystery to me. he was a real menace

good luck to mariners for rest of season.

Div 5

Clipper Bar 0 v Helston 7

Again not our best performance by a long shot. The heavy rain from friday/saturday morning meant the pitch was a bit tricky. but we were not at the races for long periods of this game. Skipper Phil Black broke the deadlock after 35 minutes from the penalty spot, before a nice finish by Tom Lake made it 2-0 just before the break. A great goal from Chris Matthews on 60 minutes extended the lead, before Ben Tossell score a quick brace to make it 5-0. Andy Paul and Dan Zameanegra came of the bench to score 6 and 7.

Clipper Bar never gave up and played with a good spirit throughout. Well reffed by Alan Pearce,

A quick mention to the clipper bar goal keeper who pulled off a string of quality saves

"IF" you did see that the game was called off why did we get a phone call from you secretary saying your team wouldn't be traveling because you only had five players? The ref hadn't called the game off at that point and when he arrived we told him you wouldn't be attending so he said oh well at least I don't have a decision to make. But we still had to play travel expenses for a ref :-(

"IF" you did see that the game was called off why did we get a phone call from you secretary saying your team wouldn't be traveling because you only had five players? The ref hadn't called the game off at that point and when he arrived we told him you wouldn't be attending so he said oh well at least I don't have a decision to make. But we still had to play travel expenses for a ref :-(

Sorry that u had to pay expenses games are called off for all different sorts of reasons from lack of fit players through to pitches being unfit. If we reply the fixture then we will be looking forward to it if not good luck for the rest of the season

Russel Hall Cup,

Mawnan 3 - 5 Rangers.

Good game played in a great spirit hardly a bad challenge in the 90. Pitch was obviously heavily watered before the start giving both sides a slick surface to play on. It certainly wasn't a day for defenders turning was a nightmare. First half saw Rangers take an early lead, quickly pegged back by Mawnan. The home side were on the front foot for good periods of the first half but failed to take their chances. Rangers with the wind at their backs broke forward and again took the lead. Mawnan again striking straight back to level things up again. 2-2 at the half.

Second half Mawnan took the lead but Rangers were never out of the tie. A reshuffle on the Rangers frontline brought swift reward with two quick goals and lead changed hands again. Mawnan went looking for the equalizer but paid the price when Rangers frontman got beyond the defence and lifted the ball over the advancing keeper 3-5. Mawnan now through the kitchen sink and all into scoring again. Rangers held out with some last minute tackles, a couple of good saves and some scrambled clearances. Game over and Rangers into the hat for the next round.

I would like to thank Mawnan for a good game played in good spirit and ref really well through out. Rangers took their goals when it mattered and perhaps on the day that was the difference between the sides.

As I have said in the last few weeks Rangers are a much tougher nut to crack at present.This is another cracking result for us and hopefully we can carry it on in the weeks to come.

Sennen 2-0 Halsetown (HT 2-0)

A good first half display from Sennen with Jamie Simons scoring from a goalkeeping error and an unstoppable goal from Sam Owen making it 2-0 at half time. Second half Sennen, who have now learnt how to defend, shut up shop and invited pressure from Halsetown - who had plenty of possesion but never really troubled Paul Angove in the Sennen goal. Jamie Nicholls had a shot cleared off the line and also hit the post in the second half, but perhaps should have scored both.

A good all round game, with strong defending from both Sennen centre backs Ben George and Dave Rowe.

Div 4

West Cornwall Res 3-1 Constantine Res (HT 3-1)

A solid three points for West Cornwall yesterday. It took us about 15 minutes to get it into our heads that in the conditions we weren't going to be able to play our normal game. Technical football had to go out of the window as the pitch took a hammering.

Constantine started strongly and got used to the conditions much better than we did, they went 1-0 up fairly early on after a ball found it's way over our back four and the quick lad out wide got on the end of it and poked it home.

Two of our goals came from some good individual quality, the equaliser being a great first time strike just outside of the box from Chris Prout. The second was just as good, as Morgan Jefferies held the ball up well on the edge of the area, turned the defender and bent it into the far corner.

Half time saw us 3-1 to the good. The second half was pretty uneventful, both sides sharing an even amount of possession but not really offering anything in the final third. The pitch had cut up pretty bad by this point, making it difficult for both sides.

Game played in good spirits, good luck to Constantine for the rest of the season.