Cornwall Football Forum

UNITED OUT.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way was that a sending off - he didn't know the geezer was there, and he ran on to his foot IMO.

Ronaldo not celebrating his goal - what a load of crap modern football has become.

Best team won, although the stats may show different.

Fergie picked the wrong team, started with Giggs - your having a laugh - to old and it showed. They did not play until he made the changes and put a bit of an attack on the field, but, to late then.

Fergie will put a smokescreen up with the referee - but he firked up.

Class goal from Modric: he must be so chuffed that he joined a serious club that can win things.

Lovely to see the clown Ferdinand clapping in the referee's face like the infant he is: I hope FIFA review the footage and discipline him. Not used to a referee at Old Trafford who's not in Fergie's pocket. Diddums.

My happiest European moment since the Drog confirmed Chelsea as the greatest team in the world. Good to know that whatever Man Ure place in their trophy cabinet at the end of the season, they cannot match the achievement of Champions League and F.A.Cup by the Blues last year.

I believe it was the same Turkish referee who sent off John Terry at Barcelona last year. Unlike United, the Blues had the guts, grit and skill subsequently to get stuck into getting a result rather than whining like the spoilt prima donnas of Old Trashford.

As Keane said, good call on Nani's thuggish assault on Arbeloa.

Glad he got sent off. He was not injured, AT ALL. I think he was on the floor longer than Arbeloa. What's that all about. Oh yes, Cheating. "I'll pretend I'm hurt then deflect any immediate reaction away as everyone will show some concern for me".

HA HA HA.

Got what he deserved. CHEAT.

And well done to Roy Keane for basically saying that the ref GOT IT RIGHT.

As a Man Utd supporter I love reading the above posts. However I feel no need to comment on their content as nothing I could say would top the continual torment and anguish that Fergie's success has inflicted on the anti Man Utd brigade over the last 20 years. So keep posting! :thumbsup:

Oh you silly boys. Sport is cruel sometimes and last night showed how wrong decisions can ruin seasons and clubs.

Ryan giggs - Outstanding on the night, outshone most united players.

Fergie - Fantastic Tactics, got it exactly right and it was not for some poor decisions UTD would be rightfully through

Nani - Not a red card in any way

Evra - Should have had a penalty after ramos took him out . 2 key decisions which the ref got wrong.

They were wrong decisions, no if's and buts.

Oh you silly boys. Sport is cruel sometimes and last night showed how wrong decisions can ruin seasons and clubs.

Fergie - Fantastic Tactics, got it exactly right and it was not for some poor decisions UTD would be rightfully through

Evra - Should have had a penalty after ramos took him out . 2 key decisions which the ref got wrong.

Wrong decision.? Red tinted glasses.I think.

Man Utd legend,Roy Keane got it spot on. CORRECT DECISION.

Oh sorry,I forgot you lot are the experts on here.Not him.

You lost get over it . As Isaac said same thing happened to Chelsea last season but they stuck to it and got the result . Ten men usually play better against eleven you didn't end of . Referee might well have got it wrong but a couple of your players could have been red carded after the final whistle .

The comments of alleged grown men do make me chuckle. United get decisions that go for and agaisnt them, as do Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Brentford and Crawley etc etc.

Personally, I do not feel Nani should have been sent off. In no way is he "endangered" anyone. A kick in the side is hardly going to keep Arbeloa out for months is it? I'm guessing that all the ABU's on here were up in arms on Saturday that Peter Crouch wasnt sent off for kicking Matt Taylor in the face. I presume that you all wrote to the FA to announce your dismay when they overturned the red card and suspensions of Carlton Cole and Darron Gibson?

Unfortunately, times like this sees the d***head culture from some fans, that all clubs have, resulting in mindless threats towards the ref, stupid comments about the supposed rivals of United and some sickening and quite ridiculous comments made towards fans of United about the club they support (not on this forum before any of you get all precious).

Vast majority of what I've seen from United fans has been a case of yes, all are gutted, no one agrees with the ref but now we dust down and move forward and, hopefully, win a double.

This made me laugh...

A football fan was so outraged with the referee's decision to send off Manchester United's Nani during a Champions League clash with Real Madrid, that he dialled 999.

The 18-year-old Manchester United supporter was watching the second-leg tie at Old Trafford from his home in a village near Bingham, Nottinghamshire, at around 9.20pm on Tuesday when he made the call.

He felt the moment the Reds' Portuguese midfielder was controversially shown the red card by Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir for a high challenge on Real's Alvaro Albeloa was a crime and called police.

The fan later apologised for his actions, claiming to have been caught up in the excitement. (Sky Sports)

Vast majority of what I've seen from United fans has been a case of yes, all are gutted, no one agrees with the ref but now we dust down and move forward and, hopefully, win a double.

Well said Gillo. I get the feeling that somersetspur would rather spurs did the double over united than win the league! I say well done to spurs for winning at Old Trafford, but it's all about winning the league not how you get there. If Spurs had lost at Old Trafford, but gained maximum points at home to Wigan, Norwich, Stoke and away at QPR they would be second in the league! I know what I would prefer if I was a Spurs supporter. :)

At least arsenal are still in it Dave . Only for a week maybe all I'm saying is move on . You lost and nothing will change that . Just kinds of makes me laugh all the arm chair supporters getting up in the air because there team who most of them have never watched live lose . As for me I'm still daft enough to travel up a few times a year with the cornish arsenal supporters club . X

I've not complained about losing the game ref was crap end of as for watching them I see utd at least 4 times a season and been to 5 finals including Barcelona 99 understand your point but to many jump on the bandwagon as I've said some of these posts went straight on after the game either dull lives or small minded ness plus the jealousy factor. Typical country we live in beef them up for a week then knock em down for a year. Gareth bale will be crap next week or next season when utd buy him. :) oh I nearly forgot gentleman I was up OT for the saints game if any clubs have any trophy cabinets for sale we need them I really don't know where the 20 th league trophy is going to go x

After reading the the usual drivel spouted by non united supporters, i would like to point out that, today, Dermot Gallagher ( Senior Ref advisor to Prem league) has said that Nani's sending off should not of been.

I will though, forward a letter to him from sss and sammo explaining that their vast reffereeing knowledge proves that he is wrong in is assumption. Obviously sss knows what he is talking about, he has supported the spuds a long time and regularly goes to games, which in turns makes him an leading authority on anything in football. Thank you for sharing your vast and invaluable knowledge. Its a pleasure exchanging banter with you.

After reading the the usual drivel spouted by non united supporters, i would like to point out that, today, Dermot Gallagher ( Senior Ref advisor to Prem league) has said that Nani's sending off should not of been.

I will though, forward a letter to him from sss and sammo explaining that their vast reffereeing knowledge proves that he is wrong in is assumption. Obviously sss knows what he is talking about, he has supported the spuds a long time and regularly goes to games, which in turns makes him an leading authority on anything in football. Thank you for sharing your vast and invaluable knowledge. Its a pleasure exchanging banter with you.

Dermot Gallagher.? Dont make me laugh.

The Turkish boy had a good game and got decisions right.

As the the thread says.United are OUT.Get over it.Move on.

Not a personal dig at anyone mate . But as I say lots of people down this way who never watch a live game but treat it like its the most important thing in life . And with utd I think it's like marmite you either like it or loathe it . Anyway that's enough from me . Going to be a double for you this year Dave me thinks titans and utd x

If you kick a player in the guts you get sent off, simple to understand for anyone who knows football. If Utd win the league for the 20th time this year fine. How many times have they won the European cup stroke Champions League? 3 times I reckon what a poor return for a team that are supposed to be so terrific. As for jealousy, being jealous of Utd is like saying we are jealous of what Fred West achieved in his lifetime. It is a case of dis respect caused by the continuous childish behaviour of your manager and some of your players such as Ferdinand clapping in the Ref's face for which he should have been sent off for, another mistake by the ref. Nobody can deny what they have won but unless you support Utd nobody wants anything they have got or ever had. To me Argyle are a much bigger club and that is my right, I don't feel one iota of jealousy just contempt. Ferguson maybe a good manager, Hitler was a good leader until he lost his marbles and thought he was immortal. Utd maybe be the biggest club, Russia is the biggest country not many of us want to be associated with them, hope you understand what I'm saying!

I've not complained about losing the game ref was crap end of as for watching them I see utd at least 4 times a season and been to 5 finals including Barcelona 99 understand your point but to many jump on the bandwagon as I've said some of these posts went straight on after the game either dull lives or small minded ness plus the jealousy factor. Typical country we live in beef them up for a week then knock em down for a year. Gareth bale will be crap next week or next season when utd buy him. :) oh I nearly forgot gentleman I was up OT for the saints game if any clubs have any trophy cabinets for sale we need them I really don't know where the 20 th league trophy is going to go x

Great post Hoppit! I think that your post relates to who ever, not just united fans. Liverpool suffered the same animosity in the 70's and 80's. Success breeds hatred, when united start to slip from the top and another club wins the league year after year, they will then become the focal point of all the jibes.

If you kick a player in the guts you get sent off, simple to understand for anyone who knows football. If Utd win the league for the 20th time this year fine. How many times have they won the European cup stroke Champions League? 3 times I reckon what a poor return for a team that are supposed to be so terrific. As for jealousy, being jealous of Utd is like saying we are jealous of what Fred West achieved in his lifetime. It is a case of dis respect caused by the continuous childish behaviour of your manager and some of your players such as Ferdinand clapping in the Ref's face for which he should have been sent off for, another mistake by the ref. Nobody can deny what they have won but unless you support Utd nobody wants anything they have got or ever had. To me Argyle are a much bigger club and that is my right, I don't feel one iota of jealousy just contempt. Ferguson maybe a good manager, Hitler was a good leader until he lost his marbles and thought he was immortal. Utd maybe be the biggest club, Russia is the biggest country not many of us want to be associated with them, hope you understand what I'm saying!

I think Hoppit must have been drinking or on something! If not, what kind of person would mention Hitler and Fred West in a post about football. Disgraceful. :SM_carton::SM_carton:

Oh dear, Oh dear!, Goldeneye and MARKSY just don't get it 'hoppit'. Great post!

Team rep, don't get it, haha , not sure on the thousands of posts that have ever been made the above mentioned adolf hitler and Fred west were posted. Cannot see what relevance these two have with this forum, certainly a million other points could have been forwarded. As stated earlier, moron.

I'm amazed at the amount of vitriol towards Manchester United on this thread. Surely when an English team is involved in European competitions we back them, no matter who you support. It just shows how infantile some of these postings are. On viewing the match I must admit the sending off was a bit bizarre as the referee was only 15/20 yards away and had a direct view of the incident and could clearly see that Nani had his eyes focused purely on the ball. I note that UEFA are investigating why Ferguson and the players were not available for post match interviews and that they had no argument with the second off. I personally think that taking action against Manchester United deflects from the obvious poor decision of the referee who unsurprisingly is given the full backing of UEFA. Men in suits again who are only interested in their silly rules and not the good of the game. .

Why would I as a Liverpool fan want utd to win? If utd, arsenal, chelsea or whoever win footballs greatest prize at what point does that help Liverpool?

And rkig I don't think Liverpool were as hated as much as utd mainly due to the way the manager conducted himself

Ladies, ladies! C'mon, calm down.

Now, yes, most agree that Nani's red card was questionable to say the least - but why did he feign injury? He was not injured in ANY WAY. When he got up, he limped for two steps, saw the red card, cried a bit, and stanked off on his two good feet (no limping in sight). CHEAT! Got what he deserved. How are these so-called professionals not embarassed by their actions.

Watch the rugby this weekend. Watch men beat the living daylights out of each other, fairly, and get on with it. And respect the referree.

I'm amazed at the amount of vitriol towards Manchester United on this thread. Surely when an English team is involved in European competitions we back them, no matter who you support. It just shows how infantile some of these postings are.

As a Spurs supporter I don't want Man U to win anything and I certainly wouldn't back other English teams in Europe. Why would !?