Cornwall Football Forum

I agree with Miami Jose, whats happened has happened, he can't do anything about it. Let him get on with is life rather than him getting into the world of depression and all that because he can't do what he wants to do. He'll be one of the best keepers in that league and Truro will be a better team with him playing.

I don't condone what he did, and feel for the families, but its happened and can't be changed.

The email I received from the clubs CITY ALERTS service today shows the squad for the Farnborough game tomorrow, the goalkeeping position is shown as A.N Other.

How many of us have been lucky over the years, hand on heart how many can say they have never driven when over the limit, I did thinking I'm OK I feel fine but that was in days gone by, no drink drive laws then, do I now? - NO

If there was a honest poll, I think there would be more admitting to driving at some time whilst over the limit than not.

All our thoughts have been with the families but any of us could have been in a similar position, time has been served according to the law, everyone still remains with a life sentance.

Would you all take your young families to see him play? Then the daunting question from your son comes along, whos that in goal daddy?

Hes a superb role model!! :wacko: :wacko:

He may well be a very good goalkeeper but what he did is unforgiveable. Swindon seemed to think the same! 2nd chances dont come into it, if someone had killed someone you knew would you forgive them?? NO!

It is all very bad unwanted press that the club especially doesnt need at the moment.

Mr Chairman, As you appear to be trawling the forums I feel free to post again what I posted on TigerTalk.

This is a serious subject and I had to think deeply before responding to your various postings.

Mr Chairman,

Can you with hand on heart honestly say you have never driven a vehicle when you thought you may have been over the legal drink drive limit or been a passenger in a car knowing the driver had been drinking?

Many with opinions on this matter have driven whilst over the limit, avoiding an accident they have been lucky. In my younger days there were no drink drive limits, I know I drank more then than the legal limit is now. There are millions in this country who daily exceed the limit.

We can all condemn, but for the grace of god many of us could be in the same position.

I would rather the player earned a living at his best trade (football) than be unemployed living off state handouts, like it or not if you say he shouldn't earn a living at what he is good at, you are also saying he shouldn't be employed by anyone.

You recently posted that all respect you had for me had gone out of the window whilst I was defending my club (Truro City), but you too have slipped down the greasy pole with your posting.

Good or Bad, the law came up with a sentence it thought fit, that sentence has been served, like it or not we have to move on, not forgetting the tragic circumstances.

I just believe Truro FC needs as much help as they can get at this present time. Yes he has served his time. Second Chance? Unfortunately those children don't have that option my friend. How the hell you can justify the subject? RIP Those innocent children on that awful evening.

Lets think of all those real warriors on remembrance Sunday.This topic should be locked in respect of those children who lost their lives on that evening.

I have Children so do many others, i could never forget or forgive, but i'm so glad he played well today

luke was a top up and coming keeper. he made a mistake that he has to live with everyday. anyone who knows him knows he is a decent lad it was a mistake he didnt mean to make. he cant just stop his life for it. the way i see it truro need all the help he can get and he will help in more ways than just playing. get behind the lad he paid the price and has it to live with for the rest of his life now

This topic was covered in some depth previously. My feelings are as they were then. Truro may have signed a good footballer but in the wider context I can see no positives for the club whatsoever.

Swindon soon backed away when they tested public opinion.

Some of the rubbish written on here such as " the lad made a mistake " is beyond belief and just goes to show how football appears to make otherwise sensible people lose touch with reality.

I don't go to watch Truro, although previously I was hoping they'd win their battle for survival and would have chipped in a quid or two.

Not any more - and I think there are a lot of people out there who feel the same

Guest BenTheYeti

I've posted about this before on the Non-Cornish Football Area of the forum when he was linked with Swindon, and I'm afraid to say I am very disappointed to find out that he played yesterday.

What we're talking about here is not a footballing matter, the man was proven to have killed children. I'm not saying that the crime is of any difference to other such serious crimes, but as mentioned above, football is a universal game, and is universally adored by children.

Is there anyone on here who was at the game with their children and didn't feel even the slightest bit uncomfortable when their child cheered a save he made?

The argument of stopping him from doing what he loves I'm afraid is rubbish.. he took away what was loved and cherished the most in this world from people he didn't even know, and they will never ever get that back.

Surely whilst imprisoned, he was given the opportunity to learn a new trade or craft he could partake in when he returned to civilian life?

I don't usually do conflict or arguing, especially on here, but the guy shouldn't be allowed on a football pitch