Cornwall Football Forum

FALMOUTH TOWN v CULLOMPTON RANGERS Sat.10th.Nov

Wishing Robbie & Les good luck on their first Bickland game tomorrow

Lets all attend and give them the support on their rebuilding mission

From the match programme-Town's longest serving player Steve Winnan should make his 99th.first team appearance (debut 1998)

Falmouth will be looking to score so as not to equal the club record of 4 consecutive defeats without scoring in 1953-54

Its friday, raining and the grass is wet - has the infamous local ref. called the match off ? This usually happens even though Saturday is dry all day! No wonder there is alack of support one can never assume that fixture is going to be fulfilled.

Now now BIG AL, naughty. I think there will be a few off after last weeks weather. Ripped up a few pitches I would have thought.

Did'nt see any footy last week had to work, would have gone down St Just vs Pendeen, read like a bit of a bruiser, change of power down there it seems. Whoops - wrong thread.

Wishing Robbie & Les good luck on their first Bickland game tomorrow

Lets all attend and give them the support on their rebuilding mission

From the match programme-Town's longest serving player Steve Winnan should make his 99th.first team appearance (debut 1998)

Falmouth will be looking to score so as not to equal the club record of 4 consecutive defeats without scoring in 1953-54

debut 1998! 14 years ago and not played 100 games ! ( no loyalty at the club in the last decade plus !) :mellow:

I do wish Les and Rob all the best . :c:

Its friday, raining and the grass is wet - has the infamous local ref. called the match off ? This usually happens even though Saturday is dry all day! No wonder there is alack of support one can never assume that fixture is going to be fulfilled.

Big Al

It's raining cats and dogs everywhere tonight!! And yes we do have a full squad just ready and waiting to take three points off Cullompton later today. If the ref deems it playable then we will get on with the job, get the kit real dirty (just to hack off our kitman!) and give our fans something to cheer about!

I'm really excited and can't wait to see how our new Dynamic Duo Robbie Stephens and Les Gilbert do in their first home game and I hope all Falmouth Town fans feel the same way too!

Come on Town!

Steve Kimberley

Head of Football

Falmouth Town AFC

B) ;)

fully grown up ! Falmouth Town supporter for 40 years ! Far too often a referee inspects the pitch the previous day and declares the pitch unfit but in a days time, with following dry weather it is perfectlyh playable. According to the swpl ground inspection rules, I thought the ground was to be inspected on the day of match.Does the grass have to be dry to play a game of football these days and perhaps refs. have too much power and dont fancy getting their feet wet.

At least 6 times in the last 5 years - what I am trying to stress is that there should be a little flexibility for instance - there might be nonly small areas of the pitch holding water and if that is so cannot they be sanded as use to happen or does Health 7 Safety not allow that ? Remember no match ; no revenue thru the gates

I've come to the conclusion you really don't know what you are going on about, the pitch was inspected by a referee and deemed fit to play and the game went ahead so get over it.

fully grown up ! Falmouth Town supporter for 40 years ! Far too often a referee inspects the pitch the previous day and declares the pitch unfit but in a days time, with following dry weather it is perfectlyh playable. According to the swpl ground inspection rules, I thought the ground was to be inspected on the day of match.Does the grass have to be dry to play a game of football these days and perhaps refs. have too much power and dont fancy getting their feet wet.

Refs have too much power...... Must be tongue in check time!! That's what they are there to do, inspect the pitch to ensure it SAFE for players to play on, you would be the first one to complain if a player was injured because of water on the pitch or whatever the reason it's been called off.

I see your other post of... No chance of play was also wrong? Good job you didn't do the pitch inspection, otherwise YOU would have called it off!!

Big AL, Falmouth Supporter for 40 years but all you seem to do is slagg the club off. Another person that wont even put their real name. Maybe you should go and have a go at Penryn as they had their game called off yesterday? Oh I forgot you dont support Penryn, so you have no need to slagg off the ref that deemed penryn unplayable. In all honesty I didnt see you at Bickland at 7am yesterday morning forking wet areas to get the game on!! So wind your neck in and get over yourself. As for sanding small areas chap, I think your find that when a game has been deemed unplayable in the past at bickland, has been because on many occasions more than 50% of the pitch is under water. A bit too much to carry out selective top dressing. I dont even know why I am responding to another Anti Falmouth reply TBH. As for this thread all your comments about the pitch are not suitable as the game was on. Yes maybe not the best conditions for playing good football on a heavy pitch, but with all the rain lately you just cant get on and do any repairs or work with any machinery.

At least 6 times in the last 5 years - what I am trying to stress is that there should be a little flexibility for instance - there might be nonly small areas of the pitch holding water and if that is so cannot they be sanded as use to happen or does Health 7 Safety not allow that ? Remember no match ; no revenue thru the gates

Did I read this right........ A whole 6 times in 5 years..... Yes 6 times thought my eyes were playing me up then....... So just over 1 game per year for the last 5 years has been called off early...... According to your criteria.......

You ARE having a laugh.

Players safety is paramount when these decisions are made. Injured players means NO games at all. Postponed match means game to be played later when it's safe to do so and you'll get the revenue then!!

Must have shares in the club to be worried about money over players safety!

Falmouth Town 2 Cullompton Rangers 2

Interesting home debut for the new management team at Bickland Park with Town racing into a 2 goal lead before ending the game with only a point to show for their efforts.

I thought that Dan Richardson,Luke Wort,Jason Chapman and Tom Whip all gave terrific performances,it was just unfortunate that

the assistant referee was duped into sending Glen Squires off right at the end (Rangers player moaned about the tackle knowing Squires was already on a yellow card).

Also referee could've been a lot better.Rangers keeper was able to kick a Falmouth player with everyone watching yet didn't receive a yellow card.

Just been phoned the Falmouth lineup

Jason Chapman ©-Steve Winnan-Bobby Bryant-Tom Whipp-Jamie Webb-Simon Anderson-Dan Richardson-Luke Wort-Glen Squires-Andy Westgarth-Steve Retchford

subs Karl Turner-James Greet-Eion Boon

Questions.

Tom Whipp had an impressive debut -has he joined from Hayle?

Simon Anderson from Mawnan?

Is he the same who made his Town debut 2005-06 when replacing Dan Nancarrow in a F A Cup match at Chippenham ?

Steve Retchford also a sub at Chippenham and with 5 First team appearances -was his previous club Penzance

Keep up the great work on the pitch Mark, whenever I drive past Bickland I always pull in and look over the wall and wish I was 20 years younger!!! What memories!! It's a thankless task being a groundsman with our winter weather (and summer sometimes!!!) but I'm sure you are appreciated by everyone that matters at Town mate. x

Simon Anderson was on loan from mawnan

Steven Phillip retchford played friendlys for Troon, fal town combo and penryn combo before starting the season with penryn combo and also played a couple of games for penryn first team before heading down to Penzance first team for a few games and has now transfered back to play for Falmouth town first team!! Football slut or no?? You decide

Falmouth Town 2 Cullompton Rangers 2

Interesting home debut for the new management team at Bickland Park with Town racing into a 2 goal lead before ending the game with only a point to show for their efforts.

I thought that Dan Richardson,Luke Wort,Jason Chapman and Tom Whip all gave terrific performances,it was just unfortunate that

the assistant referee was duped into sending Glen Squires off right at the end (Rangers player moaned about the tackle knowing Squires was already on a yellow card).

Also referee could've been a lot better.Rangers keeper was able to kick a Falmouth player with everyone watching yet didn't receive a yellow card.

Totally agree, the Officals were being Assessed apparently and keen to impress, l thought they got it wrong as well , they were one sided and over the top and seemed to make little allowances for the greasey conditions.

There is no room for complacancy within any club. Last season saw the combo deliver a piece of history of which we are all very proud. However this season has clearly resulted in us having to look at a restructure in order to stabilise the ship. Fortunately we now have two genuine guys who are keen to be involved in this process. Sometimes you have to take things back to the bare bones in order to move forward. Any club who wants to be successful throughout needs to be right at the top and at the bottom. Some positive changes have been made and the objectives have been set. It is going to take grit and determination, with everyone pulling in the same direction to make it work. I am certain we can achieve it.

Problem there is your first team wants to attract local youth that can play premier p football, to do this you need your reserves to be of a good standard to attract the players in the first place and then hopefully move them up to the first team. I feel that if you end up with a poor reserve team you won't attract players capable of playing at higher standards,infact it will be difficult to attract players at all. As for the new managment it's not a good time to take over any team ( mid-season) will be very difficult to get players to come, however I think that they must start looking at transfering players rather than bringing up the reserves, consolidate this season and focus on remaining in their division then rebuild next when they have pre-season to scout around.

Best a luck to them both and FTFC