Cornwall Football Forum

Bad day for Tottenham

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I hear and read about the madness unfolding at certain other clubs (Spurs, Cardiff, Hull, etc) the more thankful I am for ownership regime at Manchester City.

Thank God the club is not in the hands of bored, wealthy egotists who treat it as their personal box of toys.

From the BBC Sport website:

Speaking after a 1-1 draw with West Brom in his first game since he got the job, Sherwood said: "It's a gamble because I've never done it before. But there are a lot of good managers who had never done it before and become a success. I was never a professional player until I stepped on the field."

Seriously.

From the BBC Sport website:

Speaking after a 1-1 draw with West Brom in his first game since he got the job, Sherwood said: "It's a gamble because I've never done it before. But there are a lot of good managers who had never done it before and become a success. I was never a professional player until I stepped on the field."

Seriously.

Exactly what I fear.

Sherwood is not the future of Tottenham.

I have no confidence in him for the rest of the season,what so ever.

Thing is, unless he makes a complete hash of it, which with the players he has already got at his disposal, he should not, what is required now is some consistency and support. Get behind him, win, lose or draw (cos all 3 will happen), and give him time.

Here goes,with my predictions.

Tottenham will finish,top half,and fail to get a European spot.

Sherwood will not be Spurs manager,this time next year.

Levy's being realistic. No serious manager wants to step down to a Cruet Club, however much money they have wasted. Sherwood is an ideal fall guy: he'll be well paid to fail ignomiously.

Cornwallspur obviously realises this. He is talking a lot of sense and agreeing with the likes of Mangle and me !

Amazing what Christmas Spirit can do ! :Santa:

AVB is a decent manager, why was he not up to the task? Spurs are still in good shape, no one has run away with the league, he had a 100% record in Europe this season. Why he was not given a good amount if time is beyond me. He was ahead of Moyes in the league, but ManU will not be sacking Moyes will they. Why? What has Moyes won, a European Cup? No. AVB has....

After all the trouble he's having with those ungrateful Cardiff fans, perhaps that nice Mr Tan could go down and take over Tottenham instead. I'm sure he'd invite Cornwallspur to his little champagne soirees and change the club colours to red. Maybe he'd let them keep the white sleeves and look like Arsenal.

Like feck. :SM_carton:

player power wins again ade big wage packet is after a new deal or move so will put a shift in and then when he gets his next deal at spurs or wherever he goes he will just go through the motitions again he is a mercenary , its good to see spurs fans smiling again [like hell] but if sherwood has a couple of dodgy results will the board panic again and another one bites the dust , 51 years spuds and counting

player power wins again ade big wage packet is after a new deal or move so will put a shift in and then when he gets his next deal at spurs or wherever he goes he will just go through the motitions again he is a mercenary , its good to see spurs fans smiling again [like hell] but if sherwood has a couple of dodgy results will the board panic again and another one bites the dust , 51 years spuds and counting

That's a lot of fingers and toes.

Louis Van Gaal will be Spurs manager ,after the World Cup.

taxi for sherwood what is the stats 10 managers plus various caretakers for the spuds since arsene has been in charge ? bragging rights again and without a striker as well , another clean sheet good performance again team seems to enjoy playing together i will enjoy it while it lasts downside theos injury , plus side gnabry ,

watching the game yesterday and i noticed that a few spurs players seem to be spending a lot of time in the gym , by their size or maybe their shirts being to small perhaps they are over doing the weights eg rose , caulker demble and i know he is injured but townsend as well , and perhaps this could be where they are not so flexible as smaller players?

• 4 weeks later...

Dear God, what can one say?

If we can play as well as that against opposition of that quality, especially away from home, then just how much can we achieve?

Perhaps we can get past Barcelona after all?

I still have to pinch myself sometimes to believe that all of this is happening. Those guys out there are actually wearing City shirts, for Christ's sake!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Come on, City have a great chance of winning both the PL and the CL. They should be a match for Barca. Great to see Spurs stuffed at home. I guess they need to get rid of the manager now! PML.

You are quite right, obviously. It's just that it's not that easy to let it all sink in. The way we are playing now is not just a gigantic contrast from the setbacks of the fairly recent past. It is also a huge advancement from the level we had reached only last season, or even the one before.

It certainly goes to show that the club took the right decisions last summer. I have a huge amount of respect for Roberto Mancini, but the time was right for him to move on because he was not the right manager to move us on to the next level. This chap most certainly is!

• 3 weeks later...