Cornwall Football Forum

Bad day for Tottenham

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel more confident of finishing higher up the Premier League than Spurs. In all seriousness, if Spurs somehow manage to finish in the top 4 (I know I know, but let yourself dream for a minute) they will have to buy some decent defenders. Dawson and Vertonginongong are basically awful. Spurs not bad going forward, but rubbish at the back. Bayern would have murdered Spurs in score line as well as every other statistic had it been them last night. Arsenal were lucky to escape with only a 2 goal deficit, a team with a rubbish defence would have been taken to the cleaners.

I feel more confident of finishing higher up the Premier League than Spurs. In all seriousness, if Spurs somehow manage to finish in the top 4 (I know I know, but let yourself dream for a minute) they will have to buy some decent defenders. Dawson and Vertonginongong are basically awful. Spurs not bad going forward, but rubbish at the back. Bayern would have murdered Spurs in score line as well as every other statistic had it been them last night. Arsenal were lucky to escape with only a 2 goal deficit, a team with a rubbish defence would have been taken to the cleaners.

Im not sure its the defence Mang's. I think that the mid field does not protect the back 4 as well as it could do. In my opinion walker,rose are 2 good full backs and dawson and vertonghen are both good centre halfs. I'd take either of them at united!I dont think spuds score enough goals,no out and out goal threat or world class ball player/winner in the middle of the park.

Width now that bale has bailed is a problem too, Lennon is no better than average.

Only my opinion tho!! ;)

Im not sure its the defence Mang's. I think that the mid field does not protect the back 4 as well as it could do. In my opinion walker,rose are 2 good full backs and dawson and vertonghen are both good centre halfs. I'd take either of them at united!I dont think spuds score enough goals,no out and out goal threat or world class ball player/winner in the middle of the park.

Width now that bale has bailed is a problem too, Lennon is no better than average.

Only my opinion tho!! ;)

Agree with RKIG.It is Sherwood's gun ho attitude.He does not like defensive midfielders.

Apart from the couple of hammerings,Spurs had one of the best defensive records in Europe,under AVB.

In Europe,AVB won every game this season,Sherwood's first games results in defeat,against weak opposition.

Sherwood is not the answer,as manager.

Anyway Mangle,looks like another successful season for the Goons,IF you can finish above Spurs.

Only my opinion tho!! ;)

Agree with RKIG.It is Sherwood's gun ho attitude.He does not like defensive midfielders.

Apart from the couple of hammerings,Spurs had one of the best defensive records in Europe,under AVB.

In Europe,AVB won every game this season,Sherwood's first games results in defeat,against weak opposition.

Sherwood is not the answer,as manager.

Anyway Mangle,looks like another successful season for the Goons,IF you can finish above Spurs.

Thats a first sss!! ;)

Phew, I am kind of relieved that Spurs are through. That means that 5 days after going to Chelsea in the PL, they will host Benfica in the Europa, followed 3 days later by hosting Arsenal in the PL. And their second leg of the Europa will follow 5 days after that. So they still have a few things on their plate.

Seems like mangle is worried about the spurs threat,listing all their fixtures leading up to the North london derby!!

Spurs should of been down to 10, soldado looked for the player!

A win is a win sss, cant argue with that fact. But even the most ardent fan cant argue that you were slightly fortuitous.Soldado should walked?

Yes Rob, I am concerned about the fixtures of our opponents. Why would I not be? Had Spurs lost, they would have the Chelsea game and an 8 day rest until the Arsenal game. Spurs are in good form, they have good players, we will be playing them at home. Any other distractions for them either side of our game with them is potentially beneficial. Could also work the other way, a moral boosting win at Chelsea, and good win against Benfica and their tails would be up. But knowing that they play Benfica on the Thursday followed by Arsenal on the Sunday is better for Arsenal in my opinion. The odd knock here and there etc..... Arsenal are playing at Bayern two days before the Spurs game against Benfica, so a little more recovery time.

Yes Rob, I am concerned about the fixtures of our opponents. Why would I not be? Had Spurs lost, they would have the Chelsea game and an 8 day rest until the Arsenal game. Spurs are in good form, they have good players, we will be playing them at home. Any other distractions for them either side of our game with them is potentially beneficial. Could also work the other way, a moral boosting win at Chelsea, and good win against Benfica and their tails would be up. But knowing that they play Benfica on the Thursday followed by Arsenal on the Sunday is better for Arsenal in my opinion. The odd knock here and there etc..... Arsenal are playing at Bayern two days before the Spurs game against Benfica, so a little more recovery time.

Well,if it was my club in your position and i was confident of my team, it wouldnt really bother me who we played or when,especially if your at home. A challengeing league title team should not fear anyone?

Well,if it was my club in your position and i was confident of my team, it wouldnt really bother me who we played or when,especially if your at home. A challengeing league title team should not fear anyone?

Hit the nail right on the head Roy.

They do fear us,after all its their Cup Final.

I agree, if you win your right on their coat tails!!

I agree, if you win your right on their coat tails!!

Thats what they fear.

Have to agree,with you again[Dont like it]

Soldado,was a lucky man.

I just look at things realistically. All the games left are going to be hard. I do not believe Arsenal will win all their remaining matches. Neither do I think any team in the league will win all their remaining matches. So hold on a minute, that's means points dropped, either by drawing or losing! A realistic reasoning to my posts. I have not been on here claiming that Arsenal will win the PL. I suppose you two believe so strongly in your teams that you are confident that you will conquer all. Thought not. Your provocation is not working :). I am happy with the way Arsenal are playing this season. They have given themselves a chance in the title race. They have made it to the last 8 of the FA Cup. The CL is all but gone, and I am kind of hoping a decent performance in Germany, but failure to progress will be a blessing in disguise, just like it was last year. So, with all the fixtures coming up, I think there are points that will be dropped, and one of the toughest tests Arsenal face will be at White Hart Lane. A loss will not be disastrous, but will be damaging. I actually think Arsenal will come away from that game unbeaten, but it will be tight.

Well,if it was my club in your position and i was confident of my team, it wouldnt really bother me who we played or when,especially if your at home. A challengeing league title team should not fear anyone?Hit the nail right on the head Roy.They do fear us,after all its their Cup Final.I agree, if you win your right on their coat tails!!Thats what they fear.Have to agree,with you again[Dont like it]Soldado,was a lucky man.in the last few posts SSS, you have agreed with me a few times! Who would of thought........

Yes, well, when Utd were in their prime beating all and sundry, I am not surprised that you were not bothered who was up next. And that's my point, Arsenal are not at that level. Arsenal are beatable. That means I am interested in who they are playing next, where and when. See?

I just look at things realistically. All the games left are going to be hard. I do not believe Arsenal will win all their remaining matches. Neither do I think any team in the league will win all their remaining matches. So hold on a minute, that's means points dropped, either by drawing or losing! A realistic reasoning to my posts. I have not been on here claiming that Arsenal will win the PL. I suppose you two believe so strongly in your teams that you are confident that you will conquer all. Thought not. Your provocation is not working :). I am happy with the way Arsenal are playing this season. They have given themselves a chance in the title race. They have made it to the last 8 of the FA Cup. The CL is all but gone, and I am kind of hoping a decent performance in Germany, but failure to progress will be a blessing in disguise, just like it was last year. So, with all the fixtures coming up, I think there are points that will be dropped, and one of the toughest tests Arsenal face will be at White Hart Lane. A loss will not be disastrous, but will be damaging. I actually think Arsenal will come away from that game unbeaten, but it will be tight.

Well,well ,well, I dont beleive it.

All we hear from Goons is how many years on the trot,they have qualified for the Champions League.

Then when they are about to go out,its a blessing in disguise.

Could only come from Goons.Full of s££t.

I think you'll find that is my opinion, not all "Goons" as you put it. I am sure many Arsenal fans are very frustrated that we have not won the CL. I don't think you can handle an honest approach. You seem to be comfortable when insults and accusations are flying, but the odd post that contains honesty appears confusing to you, a double bluff perhaps, don't fall into the trap, throw back a comment about that will anger and fool the posts' author to confuse him into a mistake. Ha ha.

Look, I want Arsenal to win every game they play, I want them to win every competition every year. It is not going to happen. I want them to beat Bayern, I still think it is possible (they did do it last year) but also I believe it is unlikely. The present squad is good, better than recent years, but as we reach this crucial part of the season, the games are getting bigger each time. Tomorrow is massive against Stoke. If Arsenal still have ambitions of the PL title this year, they must win it. But also fighting for the CL and FA Cup (home against Everton - and they thoroughly deserved their recent draw at the Emirates in the League) maybe defeat in Germany with a good performance will not be a bad thing. Look at what happened last year, we beat Bayern 2 nil and went on to collect the most PL points in the calendar year (2013). You don't win anything for doing that, but it still represented a "good defeat" (if there is such a thing).

Yes we can crow about the number of successive seasons we have qualified for the CL. This in itself is a massively successful achievement in business terms (and no matter what we think, football is business these days first and foremost). Winning it will always be difficult, and I think you will agree that past winners have not represented the best European team. Anyway, 3 points off Stoke tomorrow please, that's what is most important now.

I think you'll find that is my opinion, not all "Goons" as you put it. I am sure many Arsenal fans are very frustrated that we have not won the CL. I don't think you can handle an honest approach. You seem to be comfortable when insults and accusations are flying, but the odd post that contains honesty appears confusing to you, a double bluff perhaps, don't fall into the trap, throw back a comment about that will anger and fool the posts' author to confuse him into a mistake. Ha ha.

Look, I want Arsenal to win every game they play, I want them to win every competition every year. It is not going to happen. I want them to beat Bayern, I still think it is possible (they did do it last year) but also I believe it is unlikely. The present squad is good, better than recent years, but as we reach this crucial part of the season, the games are getting bigger each time. Tomorrow is massive against Stoke. If Arsenal still have ambitions of the PL title this year, they must win it. But also fighting for the CL and FA Cup (home against Everton - and they thoroughly deserved their recent draw at the Emirates in the League) maybe defeat in Germany with a good performance will not be a bad thing. Look at what happened last year, we beat Bayern 2 nil and went on to collect the most PL points in the calendar year (2013). You don't win anything for doing that, but it still represented a "good defeat" (if there is such a thing).

Yes we can crow about the number of successive seasons we have qualified for the CL. This in itself is a massively successful achievement in business terms (and no matter what we think, football is business these days first and foremost). Winning it will always be difficult, and I think you will agree that past winners have not represented the best European team. Anyway, 3 points off Stoke tomorrow please, that's what is most important now.

Yawn.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Give us something better than ,that.I fell a sleep.

Tell you what I liked about the Spurs v Cardiff game. When Soldado scored, to his obvious relief, every single one of his team mates (apart from the keeper) was encouraged to get in there and celebrate with him. And they did. Good for them, I like that!