Cornwall Football Forum

Bad day for Tottenham

Tell you what I liked about the Spurs v Cardiff game. When Soldado scored, to his obvious relief, every single one of his team mates (apart from the keeper) was encouraged to get in there and celebrate with him. And they did. Good for them, I like that!

They celebrated with him cos it will enhance his reputation, they can get rid of him quicker now! Thats what they are pleased about, get a real goal scorer in!!!

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what I liked about the Spurs v Cardiff game. When Soldado scored, to his obvious relief, every single one of his team mates (apart from the keeper) was encouraged to get in there and celebrate with him. And they did. Good for them, I like that!

They celebrated with him cos it will enhance his reputation, they can get rid of him quicker now! Thats what they are pleased about, get a real goal scorer in!!!

Soldado will be at Spurs next season.

LVG rates him,big time.

I keep telling you that Vertoghenongagong is rubbish. Not up to it people. Anyway, a demoralising defeat, and a couple of knocks, Benfica on Thursday, hopefully Kaboul will be banned for the Arsenal game (although sounds like he was unlucky so that may get overturned). Quite a bad day for Tottenham.

Soldado will be at Spurs next season.

LVG rates him,big time.

i am sure we have heard it before .........., gareth bale maybe sss so did avb and where did that get him , taxi for sherwood coming soon ????

It was just one of those games for Spurs, everybody gets them from time to time. When Demba Ba scores twice then you know it just isn't going to be your day.

Some of us can remember facing Liverpool back in the Seventies. It was a tall enough order just to play against them, but if Emlyn Hughes somehow managed to get his name on the scoresheet then you knew the gods were certainly not going to smile on you.

Pity about that, though. We could have done with Spurs making a game of it today.

What the bloody hell was that !!! Playing against Chelsea and half your own bloody team. Ye gods I despair :(

thing is before today you were closing the gap on the top four a blow adraw for the chasing pack would have been better , but chelsea keep getting the results thats what champions are all about

Yep, Sherwood spot on. Spurs are not yet good enough. Will he be given the chance to improve them? Going by the recent past, probably not. Get someone else in at huge expense and see if they can conquer the footballing world in 15 or so games. Ha ha ha. Crazy stuff. Anyone would think that Spurs are having a really bad season. They're not, they're doing well and still a way to go.

Why would I call Spurs crap? Just because I don't like them doesn't mean I have to call them crap. You want to read through what I say sometime, it actually makes sense! Couple of really good players, including Eriksen who I think is a great player (wouldn't mind him at Arsenal). Spurs biggest problem is defence, not good enough. Mark my words!

Deserved victory for the Red and Whites. Fantastic goal. Great defending. Spurs good in possession, but could not break down a well organised defence. Arsenal did not look to get at Spurs too much today, perhaps due to the early goal. Should have been an Arsenal penalty, but there you go. Ref did well overall. Very pleased with the Arsenal performance. Good luck to Spurs when they go to Benfica in the week (on the back of 3 straight defeats - 2 of them at home), as well as their trip to Anfield 2 weeks today!!

Smash and grab today great winner but they were there for the taking apart ,but arsenal sat back but soaked up the long ball merchants,from down the lane ,three wins out of three this season and no goals scored the spuds have had their chips ,this season against the gooners ,,plenty of ball for spurs but as we know goals win games and this season that can't put the ball in the bag against north London's finest , are you listening SSS and older , levy spent your bale money but not wisely taxi for levy and sherwood, more compo to be paid out

The margins between success and "failure" are very narrow. And I put "failure" in inverted commas as what really is failure in football? Speaking as an Arsenal supporter, looking back at the last few years, let's say, up until we last won a trophy, has that been a "failure"? I would say "no". Spurs are 5th in the PL (ok, Everton could overtake if winning game in hand), but the margins are so tight. Still in Europe, all be it just, and probably not for much longer. Not bad....

Remember, winning ANY trophy is extremely hard. Extremely. And the more "successful" you become, the harder it is as you find yourself with more fixtures. And harder fixtures at that!

AVB should still be in charge. He was given the task to build a team. What does Levy expect, instant success? AVB had the best win ratio of any Spurs manager in the modern era. Not good enough. Sherwood does even better (not as many games) - will he be given time? Probably not. So, change the guard, again, expect instant success, it will not arrive, what then?

Look at Arsenal, trying to keep hold of Wenger, a manager that has not won anything for years. And believe me, although the "press" would make you think Arsenal fans want rid of him every time we lose a few games, that is not the case. We know that he is doing a great job, and stability is key. As for "letting players go" or "why did he sell x and y", the players have a say in what they do. I am sure he did not get up one morning and think, I know, lets sell Henry, or Vierra, or Fabregas, or Van Persie, and so on, there is a lot more to it than that. A lot more.

So, although Spurs lost again today, and it feels crap, but the main thing is, leave things alone, a manager has been appointed, he looks ok to me, so give him a chance. He has taken over a team, not built one, so give an opportunity for him to be successful.

But I doubt it will happen.

No SSS two fingers for you ,,,,,,,, v for victory over the mighty mashed spuds this season , better luck next year old chap spend another 110 mill next summer and maybe just maybe you might turn over the arsenal 3-0 this season is it SSS bragging rights for the goons not the cocks ha ha

Difficult to get my point across Rob. Obviously. Yes, in a "black and white" world, you are of course right. Finishing anything but first is failure. Can't argue with that. But if you read the full post, and took the principle of what I was saying, you may get to understand the point.

In the context of what I was saying, perhaps in more simple terms for you to understand, and in relation to the goings on at Spurs, they keep failing, and so their solution is to change the manager. Does that result in success? No. So, even though they are failing, all the time, the best course of action is to steady the ship, in the hope that success will eventually return.

United are a good example. Failure this season beyond wildest dreams, but have they sacked the manager? No, because they know it will not result in overnight success.

I hope that helps.

Difficult to get my point across Rob. Obviously. Yes, in a "black and white" world, you are of course right. Finishing anything but first is failure. Can't argue with that. But if you read the full post, and took the principle of what I was saying, you may get to understand the point.

In the context of what I was saying, perhaps in more simple terms for you to understand, and in relation to the goings on at Spurs, they keep failing, and so their solution is to change the manager. Does that result in success? No. So, even though they are failing, all the time, the best course of action is to steady the ship, in the hope that success will eventually return.

United are a good example. Failure this season beyond wildest dreams, but have they sacked the manager? No, because they know it will not result in overnight success.

I hope that helps.

With all due respect mangle,i will put this as simple as i can. Whether you have had 10 managers in 10 years or had the same manager for 17 years,if you aint winning trophies what is the subtle difference? Wenger aint won anything in 8 years now, how is he any better than moyes when he was in charge at everton? Kept them in the top 6, semi finals of fa cups, but no big cup wins.

When did I say or even imply Wenger was better than Moyes, or any other manager for that manager? I am sticking up for the Man Utd way. Stability. They are good at it.

We must remember also that football is big business these days. Money rules. Wenger has succeeded to constantly be there or thereabouts for a long time, ensuring the most important thing for the club, good income and balanced books. Sadly, the most important thing for us fans is not how much money the club has, it's the trophies.

spurs miss Bale any team would the team was built around him and if as this season they struggled to break down sides he could conjure up something , in truth he was a great talent as much as gunners fans and others took the michael out of him as he is showing at Real he is a class act , and any top prem team would have wanted him if they could have afforded the transfer , as my work mate who is a spurs fan said Bale papered over the cracks in spurs squad the players who have come in have not settled in , perhaps to amny at one time? but Eriksen is a good buy quality player and he wll get stronger and better next season , spurs and arsenal getting over the banter are both in similar positions as regards the epl they cant quite make the breakthrough , at arsenal we have stuck with the same manager and spurs keep changing theirs but who is right both sides havent managed to push on and win the epl

When did I say or even imply Wenger was better than Moyes, or any other manager for that manager? I am sticking up for the Man Utd way. Stability. They are good at it.

We must remember also that football is big business these days. Money rules. Wenger has succeeded to constantly be there or thereabouts for a long time, ensuring the most important thing for the club, good income and balanced books. Sadly, the most important thing for us fans is not how much money the club has, it's the trophies.

So, you as a supporter, are happy with that? The clubs get shot of the managers regularly because they are not giving the club the return they desire. Do you stick with a manager that returns a top 5 finish with no trophies or keep searching for the manager that will give you what you want? I think spurs are striving to find the right man, who knows, the next manager through the door could be the next messiah!

spurs miss Bale any team would the team was built around him and if as this season they struggled to break down sides he could conjure up something , in truth he was a great talent as much as gunners fans and others took the michael out of him as he is showing at Real he is a class act , and any top prem team would have wanted him if they could have afforded the transfer , as my work mate who is a spurs fan said Bale papered over the cracks in spurs squad the players who have come in have not settled in , perhaps to amny at one time? but Eriksen is a good buy quality player and he wll get stronger and better next season , spurs and arsenal getting over the banter are both in similar positions as regards the epl they cant quite make the breakthrough , at arsenal we have stuck with the same manager and spurs keep changing theirs but who is right both sides havent managed to push on and win the epl

Steve, both squads are short of a couple of world class players, Arsenal wont spend and Spurs cant find the right player.

City and Chelsea are both equiped to win the Champions league, quality in depth and managers that have both got a winning mentality and the experience to win big things.

When suarez goes and gerrard retires liverpool will fall back in to mediocrity, United are way off anything now, because we have not bought wisely.

Why are Utd sticking with Moyes? Do you think they should have sacked him by now and looked for the man that will "give them what they want"? I don't think Moyes is giving Utd what they want, mid table obscurity and no European football?

I don't think they could replace him just yet, even if they wanted too. Anyone they might be interested in is unlikely to be available until after the season has ended, because the bloke will probably still be involved in the Champions League. He will certainly be right in the thick of a title race in one country or another.

Oh Dear. That loss almost sinks Spurs hopes of a top 5 finish. With Everton winning, the gap has grown. The Spurs run-in may not be quite as hard as Everton's, on paper, but as we saw at Crystal Palace, no easy games left, so anything can still happen.

Oh Dear. That loss almost sinks Spurs hopes of a top 5 finish. With Everton winning, the gap has grown. The Spurs run-in may not be quite as hard as Everton's, on paper, but as we saw at Crystal Palace, no easy games left, so anything can still happen.

Great result for Spurs fans.

Anyone but Chelsea or Arsenal.

Man City for me. Arsenal were never in it anyway. Chelsea - agreed - no way do I want to listen to Mourinho going on and on. Liverpool......NOOOOOOOO. I like City, manager is ok unlike loads of top flight waankers we have to listen to, and players are ok too.

Such fine sportsmanship from Captain, Leader, legend yesterday, keeping the others interested in the Prem by heading that own goal: what a gentleman, indubitably the Bobby Moore of this forsaken epoch, but with pace and goalscoring ability as well.

Of course, you can count on Arsenal and Spurs to cave in completely from sour grapes after conceding double figures at the Bridge between them, some of their stars so embarrassed by their inferiority that they pretend to be doing their boots up when Chelsea score; or beg to be sent off.

The Champions of London are located in SW6, as you all realise...... :)

Such fine sportsmanship from Captain, Leader, legend yesterday, keeping the others interested in the Prem by heading that own goal: what a gentleman, indubitably the Bobby Moore of this forsaken epoch, but with pace and goalscoring ability as well.

Of course, you can count on Arsenal and Spurs to cave in completely from sour grapes after conceding double figures at the Bridge between them, some of their stars so embarrassed by their inferiority that they pretend to be doing their boots up when Chelsea score; or beg to be sent off.

The Champions of London are located in SW6, as you all realise...... :)

I must admit, if any City manager ever got into an altercation with a ball boy, and then tried to hold all of the ball boys partially responsible for our team losing a game, then I think I might be too embarrassed to admit I was a City supporter for quite some time to come.

Doesn't the bloke realise how absurd he looks when he behaves like this?