Cornwall Football Forum

Read it and worry.

From what I read, Mr Heaney who is supposed to be "Only the front man" needs to complete a separate deal to raise money to help purchase Plymouth Argyle.

Why if he is only the front man.

If his money is used to fund the Argyle takeover he effectively has a hand in 2 football clubs. I thought this wasn't allowed.

I wonder if this so-called Bishop International Limited is really Mr Heaney under a different name.

Remember he has already tried to put in a bid for Argyle using a company named after one of his ex's.

From what I read, Mr Heaney who is supposed to be "Only the front man" needs to complete a separate deal to raise money to help purchase Plymouth Argyle.

If his money is used to fund the Argyle takeover he effectively has a hand in 2 football clubs. I thought this wasn't allowed.

I wonder if this so-called Bishop International Limited is really Mr Heaney under a different name.

Remember he has already tried to put in a bid for Argyle using a company named after one of his ex's.

google and see!

all company info is out there on the web!

Don't say too much i was threatened last time i made a comment on this subject.

I remember posting information related to his involvement in the takeover on a seperate thread fairly recently. The usual contributors to Truro City related threads were pretty quiet, and one or two seemed unconcerned. I wonder what they think now? As far as I'm aware, the Football League can still block the deal, but given that Peter Ridsdale has passed their 'fit and proper persons' test, it seems unlikely.

Don't say too much i was threatened last time i made a comment on this subject.

Now that is interesting. Do tell....

If you read the article carefully it says Football League reg's do not allow financial interest in two clubs. Presumably as Truro are not in the football league this would not cause any problem this year? Or do their reg's cover clubs outside the F.L. as well? Anyone able to clarify if the F.L reg's cover non league clubs?

If you read the article carefully it says Football League reg's do not allow financial interest in two clubs. Presumably as Truro are not in the football league this would not cause any problem this year? Or do their reg's cover clubs outside the F.L. as well? Anyone able to clarify if the F.L reg's cover non league clubs?

The rules apply as they would for say Swansea City of the Premier League and Plymouth of the Football League, you cannot be involved in two clubs. In theory, Argyle and Truro could be in the same Division next season, one relegation, one promotion and one groundshare situation perhaps.

Technically Mr Heaney isn't going to be connected with the Football Club is he? ..................................."He plans to pay more than £5million for the Pilgrims' land assets, then sell the club itself to acting chairman Peter Ridsdale for £1."

Personally the whole Plymouth Argyle affair is a joke. Irrespective of who is trying to buy what and how, the people I feel sorry for are the genuine supporters who having already been let down by very shoddy management of the club, are still, with barely days to go before their new season, no better off when it comes to having a settled future!

Let's hope if Mr Heaney is unable to cough up with the money by the due date, that someone else with the funds gets the chance to sort it, and quickly.

Dave: There are covenants attached to the land that state that it must be used for leisure/sporting purposes. In other words, a successful football club 1) restricts anything he can physically do with that land, and 2) means that he will inevitably have a vested interest in the success of the club to aid whatever he CAN do with the land. There are too many council members/local supporters/trust members/friends of Central Park who are keeping an eye on any proposed development and who believe the club is vital symbol to the future plans of the city.

Press release today from administrator Brendan Guilfoyle

"quite simply we have no money in the pot for the start of the new football season this Saturday and will have to pay wages at the end of the month"

"we have written to Bishop International Ltd.(K.H.) asking to come up with additional funds"

copied from the Plymouth Argyle fans forum PASOTI

It sounds desperation from a worried administrator

You should all know by now that anything that Kevin Heaney is involved in is likely to be Dodgy,

He cannot even keep his own staff at Truro City,

Last week his General Manager Andrew Stephenson resigned,after putting in a lot of work on behalf of Truro City, no doubt Mr Heaney was not allowing him to do his job without interference,

To me Kevin Heaney's Eye's says it all he looks shifty,

they say look into a persons Eye's & you can have a good idea of what sort a person they are.

Hammers :c:^_^ :c:

How many of you have MET Mr Heaney?

How many of you have SPOKEN to Mr Heaney?

It is pointless spouting off about things you may know nothing about.

In business you do not hand over money until all the i's have been

dotted and the t's crossed.

Few complaints about what Mr Heaney has done for Truro City Football Club.

I think the AWAY support at CHELMSFORD City on 13th August 2011 will confirm that.

I think the AWAY support at CHELMSFORD City on 13th August 2011 will confirm that.

Or just not hand over the money you owe for works done. The man has no morals and no sense of decency. Just 1% of what he has paid the players would have satisfied the local business folk he owes money to. No one other than the glory hunters give a toss about the football club.

Nemesis,all I can say is that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.I wont elaborate,but bankruptcy is a fact of life,and many people involved in local football clubs have experienced this.

I don't care for anyone, in or out of football, who ride roughshod over others. Those who can afford to pay for work done or goods obtained, should do the right thing and settle up. Heaney is a wealthy man, he is not financially bankrupt, just morally.

Plymouth fans are rightly concerned, perhaps they should look to how Exeter were saved for the way forward. As for Truro fans, most jumped on the bandwagon and will soon jump off once the wheels buckle. I have always held those who supported the Red/Blacks in the highest regard and continue to do so.

What IS clear is that he will soon have a vested interest in 2 clubs (and obviously provided some spin to the Football League to allow himself to do that). The proposed scale of development of the land at Argyle, coupled with the fact that success on the pitch could see the return of 15,000+ fans at home games, will surely see Argyle favoured - especially in the early stages of ownership of these projects. He needs to find a substantial amount of money just to see Argyle through this season. Will this affect Truro City? Of course it will, and the wheels could indeed buckle at that point.

A few 'surely's' and 'could's' in there, but this takeover looks like it is going to happen. The administrator has even gone from referring to the potential new owner(s) as the 'preferred bidders' to explicitly using Heaney's name (rather than a consortium). What I find strange is that Truro supporters are either sticking their head in the sand, or simply stating that they are thankful for the last few years. It would be a real shame for Cornish football if this fabulous journey was to end because the person bankrolling the project fancied resurrecting something comparatively bigger and better. He's helped put the sport I love, and the county I love in the public eye. I want that to continue.

Or just not hand over the money you owe for works done. The man has no morals and no sense of decency. Just 1% of what he has paid the players would have satisfied the local business folk he owes money to. No one other than the glory hunters give a toss about the football club.

Where's your proof of what you HINT - You spout a lot of twaddle without proof of any illegal act,

the only ILLEGAL ACT I can see is YOU blackening someones character without any evidence of wrong doing.

I repeat what I have mentioned to you before, you do not condemn the club you support (Chelsea) about

where their wealth originated, a team purchased with money obtained from the sweat of the brows of

Russian peasants.

Where's your proof of what you HINT - You spout a lot of twaddle without proof of any illegal act,

the only ILLEGAL ACT I can see is YOU blackening someones character without any evidence of wrong doing.

I repeat what I have mentioned to you before, you do not condemn the club you support (Chelsea) about

where their wealth originated, a team purchased with money obtained from the sweat of the brows of

Russian peasants.

What he has done MAY not be illegal, but it dosn't make it right, does it ?

If Mr.Heaney has done nothing illegal.Why on earth are you all getting your tits in a tangle.

It seems that the only ones that see the wheels coming off at Truro City,are the usual Anti-Truro-Brigade.

No one else are.

Russian peasants.

What he has done MAY not be illegal, but it dosn't make it right, does it ?

Are you heany are you heaney are you heaney in disguise are you heaney in disguise?sang to the tune bread of heaven :rolleyes:

Russian peasants.

Some of the above postings have been corrupted by people posting amongst the messages previously posted by others.

World-wide companies are going into liquidation when they are not trading profitably, it's happened with businesses

I have worked for, shafted, I have got on with my life thankful for the years those companies were trading and

providing me with employment. I am sure Truro City's benefactor is not the only one in Cornwall to experience the

recession.

Some of the above postings have been corrupted by people posting amongst the messages previously posted by others.

World-wide companies are going into liquidation when they are not trading profitably, it's happened with businesses

I have worked for, shafted, I have got on with my life thankful for the years those companies were trading and

providing me with employment. I am sure Truro City's benefactor is not the only one in Cornwall to experience the

recession.

You are making yourself look silly by defending the man. He could have easily put his hand in his pocket and paid those did works for his club, he chose not to despite having £millions. If you think that is morally acceptable, then you are no better than he is.

Argyle fans should be afraid, very afraid.

recession.

Oh thats ok then NOT. Should liquidation and benafactor be mentioned in the same paragraph? Mmm

recession.

You are making yourself look silly by defending the man. He could have easily put his hand in his pocket and paid those did works for his club, he chose not to despite having £millions. If you think that is morally acceptable, then you are no better than he is.

You are the expert on SILLY.

About putting his hand in his pocket, I have read in the media that he did to the tune of £2,500,000, fighting a

losing battle the company was liquidated.

Why don't you grow balls and go and ask him after all you are much bigger (only in size) than he is.

recession.

You are the expert on SILLY.

About putting his hand in his pocket, I have read in the media that he did to the tune of £2,500,000, fighting a

losing battle the company was liquidated.

Why don't you grow balls and go and ask him after all you are much bigger (only in size) than he is.

SO where did the alledged £3,000000 used to get Truro were they are now come from? Where does the finance for the Plymouth deal come from? I know nothing about buisiness but i thought if you went bust owing money you couldn't start another buisiness. I presume its the same person involved in each case. Please advise me.

According to the books Mr Heaney lent Truro City FC £1.3M and they now owe him £1.7M.

Perhaps he was/is hoping to recoup this money when/if Treyew Road is sold after Truro move into the Stadium For Cornwall (paid for by Cornwall Council and Dickie Evans of The Pirates).

It's suggested in CORNISH SOCCER's "Living the Dream" what his intentions are for Treyew Road - not too sell!

According to the books Mr Heaney lent Truro City FC £1.3M and they now owe him £1.7M.

Perhaps he was/is hoping to recoup this money when/if Treyew Road is sold after Truro move into the Stadium For Cornwall (paid for by Cornwall Council and Dickie Evans of The Pirates).

Why don't you ask him if he will lend PZ some players!

Might win something then! Lol

Dave- personally i think that it wouldn't be a bad thing with K Heany owning pafc in some way,as Truro have done so well under his ownership.Ignoring the saga with Cornish Homes which does happen to other firms as well,it will be interesting.However i refer to this story from the 23rd march - http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Truro-City-s-Heaney-8220-categorically-denies-8221-Argyle-bid/story-11451083-detail/story.html , to say that things cannot always be taken as the complete truth.Certainly will all become clear in the next fortnight.

Dave- personally i think that it wouldn't be a bad thing with K Heany owning pafc in some way,as Truro have done so well under his ownership.Ignoring the saga with Cornish Homes which does happen to other firms as well,it will be interesting.However i refer to this story from the 23rd march - http://www.thisiscor...tail/story.html , to say that things cannot always be taken as the complete truth.Certainly will all become clear in the next fortnight.

Yes you have to ask the question why Kevin denied he was involved. It was bound to come out in the open at a later stage!

Everybody seems to have it in for mr heaney hes done a hell of a job for truro fc and put them on the map they have had 2 great wins in the new league and its all rubbish about selling the ground there was a bit in the western morning news about the club being sold mr heaney denied it .I often see him at the truro games and you can see he is passionate about the club.It does upset me what is happening at plymouth i honestly can see them goin out of business the crowds are low the team is so poor i cannot see where the next win is coming from .Let the local plymouth firm take over the club and put a end to this mess .Well done Truro fc and next up its dover which will be a tough match