Cornwall Football Forum

COMBO CUP FINAL AT ST.DAY????????????????

Did you hear that they put a man on the moon.

The beatles have split-up.

The umbrella has been invented.

Reagan is president.

Seriously though, this issue has been posted before. At the combination meeting no one other than st day offered to host the cup final therefore the cup final was awarded to st day.

There is plenty of parking, There is plenty of shelter on the balcony (if you get there early), give the club a chance before you slate what they haven't yet done!!!!!!!!!!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

There is plenty of parking, There is plenty of shelter on the balcony (if you get there early), give the club a chance before you slate what they haven't yet done!!!!!!!!!!

Having been to St Day this season with Newquay Combo, I disagree on the parking front, unless you allow parking on the pitch to the left of the clubhouse, people will struggle. We did and we turned up 45mins before kick off. The clubhouse is big enough, if they get enough staff behind the bar and get teas & food on the go before the match, then it will be all good.

Hope you all have a cracking day.

Guest Helston Patriot

HAYLE's No1' date='Mar 6 2009, 06:33 PM' post='88669']

Did you hear that they put a man on the moon.

The beatles have split-up.

The umbrella has been invented.

Reagan is president.

I play for hayle for £30 a game.

Seriously though, this issue has been posted before. At the combination meeting no one other than st day offered to host the cup final therefore the cup final was awarded to st day.

Thats not really true... I have been told by people at the Meeting that 4 clubs offer to hold the Final including Helston and a decision would be made sortly, Then some-one piped up saying St Day have never had a final so why not the Combo one!? A few uumms are ahhs later it was desided that St Day would hold it.

As for parking thats very questionable! I struggled to find a space when St Day entertained Helston and that was just with players cars!!

But i'm sure the Day will be a sucess for all in volved and wish everyone the best of luck.. :c:

Why not St Day. They have worked very hard on their facilities up there since being promoted. They were not the only club who wanted to hold the final but when they took a vote St Day won by a mile. As regards to the parking, im sure St Day will speak nicely to the pub across the road for use of their car park &, knowing the people at the club, im sure they will do themselves & the league proud. Good Luck to them. Lets not be to quick to pre judge guys ! :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

why all of a sudden are everybody on this site being so negative <_<

what St. Day have achieved in the last few years is down to the hard work of the backroom staff at the club over a long time. surely they deserve the chance to prove that they can put on a good show for the league :clapper:

St. Day are a well run club who should be applauded and not knocked before the show. :thumbsup:

why not get behind the club and prove that the finals do not have to be played at the same grounds and the money going to the same clubs year after year :c:

surely we are looking to progress football in Cornwall or do we want to go back to the old days of the closed shop :glare:

lets start to be more positive and try to get some more enjoyment out of our sport because the world we live sure as hell is serious enough :drink:

HAPPY ST. PIRANS DAY :c:

Personally I was delighted to see St Day hosting this years combo final, great to see another venue being recognised, we all appreciate places like Port,Helston,Penzance and so on have good facilities but as most would agree it's fantastic that other clubs have the opportunity to show their capabilities on hosting a major local soccer event. So good luck to you all!!!!!!

Don’t worry about the bar and any staffing issues, the club has a large amount of people behind the scenes and I'm positive that they will make it a memorable for the two sides that compete in this year’s final.

So good luck Paul, Andy and others.

As for comments from "FIFI" Paul, i wouldn’t have bothered replying to the clown, by his spelling, punctuation, and recent idiotic posts perhaps he would have been more wisely to attend the lovely school of "St Day County Primary"

I hope Richard and Dave keep a close eye on this gentleman as he is certainly not bringing much to this forum. :thumbsup:

St Day have the most attractive barmaid in the Combo, so I'd suggest that you get down there early to buy your pints and realise why the club were awarded the final! Stay in the clubhouse and watch Sky Sports News and marvel at what the 'smaller' clubs have to offer. You may even want to pop out and watch some of the game!

That should put the conspiracy theory to rest! :D

Having been to St Day this season with Newquay Combo, I disagree on the parking front, unless you allow parking on the pitch to the left of the clubhouse, people will struggle. We did and we turned up 45mins before kick off. The clubhouse is big enough, if they get enough staff behind the bar and get teas & food on the go before the match, then it will be all good.

Hope you all have a cracking day.

Many clubs dont really have adequate parking newquay,perranwell,illogan,to name a few have smallish parking areas especially when holding a big game!!It will be interesting to see how newquay cope with the demand for parking in the senior cup!!!

Guest Andrei Kanchelskis

I only assume your talking about a Miss Evans and not me. I have actually served 1 drink from behind the bar so can you elaborate a bit more please Mr Rabone?lol. I have got to agree with everyones comments that....Yeah its a shock that its not at PZ, Penryn etc but its time to share the love around to the smaller clubs. We will def give the final all that it deserves and parking wont be a prob!

Can I ask where last years final was held?

Come on The Saints!! :D

Guest Peppermint

I would like to wish St Day the best of luck for Finals Day - it is nice to see a new club awarded a final and I am sure they will do the competition proud.

I agree with other posters that FIFI does nothing constructive for the Forum and his/her remarks are not very helpful and not particularly articulate.

In answer to r and l - Mount Wise have two big car parks within a couple of minutes walk form the ground - namely Mount Wise car park and the very big Tregunnel Hill car park. Surely that is more than adequate for the Semi Final on Tuesday. I cannot think of many clubs that have better nearby car parking than that.

WELL IS NICE TO SEE THE FINAL GO AROUND CORNWALL I THINK IT SHOULD HAPPEN MORE OFTEN BUT I DO BELIEVE ST DAY MIGHT PUT ALL THERE BRAINS TOGETHER AND REALISE THEY NEED A FEW MORE STAFF BEHIND THE BAR AND THAT FOOD WOULD NEED TO BE MADE AVALIBLE ALL DAY. .. THE CAR PARK ISNT THE BIGGEST I TOTALLY AGREE DONT MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY FOR A CUP FINAL WITH FANS PLAYERS COACHS ETC IT WILL STRUGGLE.. AS SOMEONE REFERED TO EARLIER THERE IS A PUB DOWN THE ROAD WITH LARGE PARKING CAPABLITIES AND ALSO ALOT OF SPACE ON THE STREET LOL JUST MAKE SURE YOU TAKE YOUR WHEELS OFF BEFORE SOMONE ELSE DOES LOL! MAYB ST.DAY KNOWING THEY HAVENT GOT ANY SHELTER WILL LOOK AT THE FORECAST AND GET MAYB A MARQUEE UP OR SOMETHING TO STOP THE RAIN IF THERE IS ANY. SO LETS HOPE ST.DAY DO THEMSELVES PROUD AND FINALLY PUT UP A GD DAY. SO DONT KNOCK THEM TILL ITS HAPPENEDS OR PRAISE IF IT A GOOD DAY AND I HOPE IT WILL BE. ALL BEST ST.DAY DONT LET YOURSELVES DOWN! :c: AND IF COMBO LEAGUE NEEDS SOMEWHERE CARHARRACK IS A GOOD SHOUT HEHE :yahoo:

Guest Peppermint

Good luck in your quest Jamie C - always nice to have ambition and I did look at your ground when passing the other day and you seem to have a nice set up. Good luck.

Guest Andrei Kanchelskis

Plus the pitch has always been very poor so not a great shout. Plus whats happened to the changing rooms these days down there? Pity about Perranporth having such a tiny tiny changing rooms as the pitch is really good plus they have a really good set up down there. Maybe next year?

Guest Peppermint

Perranporth are likely to be in the final so they would not be considered - with the teams left in the cup that meant that none of their grounds could have been considered.

As a committee member at the club I would like to thank all the forum members and their clubs for the supportive comments on St-Day AFC holding the Final.

Most of the fears and concerns that have been mentioned have already been addressed, and come the day of the Final we hope everyone who attends will enjoy their day at the club.

The club is very pleased to have been given this chance to hold such an event, and will be doing everything in it's power to make it a success.

Kev Roberts

At the end of the day its my opinion. Im entilted to it aint i?????????? :ninja:

Just keep your unwanted opinions to yourself!! Good luck to St Day and if i was a player (which i was and won two combo cups) play on any pitch! And i do agree with the comments about the bar staff :drink::c: :c:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Barmaid obviously only started her shift after 5pm when we were there with the Combos, some bloke behind the bar during the afternoon. Tea not served til half time but lovely and strong (had two but managed to lose one cup to the gale force wind blowing through the balcony).

Happy for St Day and all involved with the club, get the service right and make a few quid, good on ya guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I always have a bit of banter with St Day but seriously I'm sure St Day will put on a good final, I know they have a hard working committee that will make sure things run smoothly on the day. The only thing I would recommend would be to have a few extra people behind the bar when the initial rush takes place at full time some pouring pints others taking money.

Are football supporters becoming a bit too pampered these days? If its raining bring a coat or a umbrella. Come on its grassroots football.

My experiences of st day is that it has got a good set up, excellent club and good ground.

I'd be happy to play a final there. As for parking, just park on the road, just like people do when camborne and redruth play rugby (and there are a lot more people that attend those games!)

Don't be so negative about the rain, it'll be a glorious day!! :D

Guest Sam Boston

Are football supporters becoming a bit too pampered these days? If its raining bring a coat or a umbrella. Come on its grassroots football.

Well said! :clapper:

• 2 weeks later...

As one Saint to another, good luck to St Day ! Lovely, hospitable, pleasant club that is a delight to visit !Excellent decision by the Combo club reps.....avoiding letting the Chairman's club cash in for the sixth time in seven years !

All clubs should have an opportunity to host a final and I would like a campaign started to get next year's final down at The Saltings, St Ives now, if not Lafrowda Park, St Just 'cos the Tinners will be in that final !

:D :c: