Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup result

guval 2 culdrose 3 aet.

one of the best matches ive been part of, guval must take some credit for a great game that saw culdrose score the winner deep into the second half of extra time and then hold on for a deserved win. end to end stuff and good tackles, good moves and great finishing, last 16 now and all big teams left. roll on the draw.

Helston 0 -3 constantine

The league 2 leaders thouroughly deserved their win dominating the game and probably should have scored more with the amout of one on ones they had! i cant remeber the constantine keeper even needing to pull off a save! helston had the wind with them in the first half but not taking advantage of it at all and found themselves trailing 1-0 at the interval the second half constantine again dominated with the wind this time scoring 2 goals and finishing off the game. bit of handbags at the end but everything cooled down quickly. refereed by george patterson who did a good job

falmouth ath 2 v sennen 1

falmouth ath just about pipped us,and good luck to them from here on,but they will do better,to rid themselves of a linesman hell bent on ruining a good game,he can take no solace or credit from me,as manager of sennen i was proud of the way we played,and our contribution to a good game..only marred by his inept performance,his arm raised in such a fashion everytime we went forward,that you would have thought rigamortice had set in,falmouth ath are a decent side,but don't need that type of assitant,if his sole contribution is to have little knowledge,of the game. hope he sleeps well tonight..he well and truly spoiled it

for all...and on that evidence,they probably won't win the junior cup...but then with his help!!! who knows

and don't think for 1 moment this is sour grapes,even some of their players were clearly embarrased by him

and his actions......having said that well done to falmouth ath,but well done to my players,for their efforts..

and sweet dreams lino!!!!

sennen :(

falmouth :yahoo:

fal linesman :SM_carton::SM_carton::angry::angry2::( :SM_carton:

Illogan 1 v 3 Chacewater

i know some people thought illogan would turn Chace over today, but we are playing well just now and even Illogan will admit we were the better side today.

:clapper: ha ha! yeh thought you boys were brilliant first half grah.me,sweeter and jay might not get back in mate! mike got it spot on ditching our usual stuff for the long ball game.worked a treat.well done micky clough!!! :thumbsup: truro boys were superb last half hour when they got hold of the ball though.great defending from you,steve,liam and ash.den had a couple great saves too.great game to watch,bloody freezing though!!!! well done again bud x :D

Grampound 1 St Dennis 4

Grampound weren't at the races today - and were second best to a St Dennis team that didn't have to play that well to win. Lee Rickard - by far St Dennis's best player gave St Dennis the lead with a good finish after another play had waltzed all too easily through the heart of the Grampound defence. Grampound then equalised after Shane Weeks was put clean through and had his first effort saved before reacting quickly to the loose ball and squaring for Dean Dunn to equalise. Rickard bagged his second from the spot after a rather generous penalty was given against Scott Roseveare for which St Dennis didn't even appeal. Dai Moseley's spectacular volley in first half stoppage time appeared to have levelled the match, but the goal was disallowed for a rather questionable offside decision.

Rickard bagged his hat-trick at the start of the second half before a long range effort from Chris Brown (I think?!) gave St Dennis their 4th goal.

The match was competitive through-out but there was not a nasty challenge in the game, yet the referee who seemed to want to be centre of attention still managed to book about 15 players! Frustration boiled over with one of the St Dennis players who was sent off twice towards the end of the game for telling the referee what he thought of him.

Good luck to St Dennis in the next round - I'm sure they won't care who they get but will hope for a different referee!

Guest stratton no1

4-1 Stratton vs Wadebridge

Great result for the Stratton boyz, we're hoping for a good away tie!

The higher the league the better!!!!!!

Goals from Sean Manning, Nick Purcell, Ben Purcell (20 yard freekick) and Mark Cornish for Stratton.

Good battling performance again against higher league opposition.

Love to the Cornwall Junior Cup

Thanks Rappo mate, enjoyed the game but most importantly enjoyed dumping out yet another former club of mine in Truro City out!. Got to be honest mate, thought with three of our main players out today we might come up short against a brilliant young truro team but we did the business in style i must add and unlucky not to be 5-0 up at half time. Very tough last half hour though in which truro could have sneaked a equaliser right at the death but Trispen (Mid table in FHFL 3)hold on to beat 3 LEAGUES HIGHER Truro City in a thrilling game today.

Is this the biggest cup upset today??.... Anyone?

Looe Town 3-1 St Newlyn East

Saints gave their Premier division hosts a hard fought cup match and were always in the game. An understrength Newlyn matched Looe in every position and Looe's third and decisive goal wasn't scored until the 89th minute when Newlyn were pushing on for the equaliser. To be fair Looe probably had the better chances over 90 mins and we wish them all the best in the next round.

guval 2 culdrose 3 aet.

one of the best matches ive been part of, guval must take some credit for a great game that saw culdrose score the winner deep into the second half of extra time and then hold on for a deserved win. end to end stuff and good tackles, good moves and great finishing, last 16 now and all big teams left. roll on the draw.

If it was end to end stuff mouser, what makes you think you deserved to win?? ;)

Also, somebody was asking for me at our club house. Any idea what they wanted fella??. They can PM me if they want.

Well done to your lads and good luck in the next round. :clapper:

coopsie, i think we deserved it just through the fact that playing against the wind up the hill in the second half of extra time we still created chances and took everything that was thrown at us, like i said previously, gulval must take credit for a great match.

it was me asking for you mate as i just wanted to put a face to a name and introduce myself. :P

Fair play bud, the lads back at the club were saying that it was a good game but also felt that they could have performed better and could have won on a different day etc etc. It's all irrelevant anyway because your lads got the result and go into the draw for the next round and for that you should be congratulated :clapper:

As for wanting to meet me and put a face to the name, well you got lucky mate because I'm a right ugly bas**rd :( ..

Once again mate, congrats on your result and I hope you go alot further in the cup. :thumbsup:

Gulval 2 Culdrose 3 aet

Great game played at a terrific pace. Full credit to both sides for going at it like they did.

MoM Culdrose keeper for 4 outstanding saves. Would have loved to have gone down to Helston to replay but was not to be.

Great battle in midfield between Jack Liddicoat (17) and Mouser (not 17 :D ).

Culdrose boys stayed for a pint after the game and were a credit to their league.

Best of luck in the next round and in your division.

Sorry Norry, but the posting above is disgracful! Fal Ath gave you the respect you deserved and it was a good game with Sennen everything to prove and Ath on a hiding to nothing.We went behind to a good goal with your striker volleying a good cross in off the post, However this was your only attempt on goal for the whole game. we scored with a sweet free-kick from outside the box then went on to miss 3-4 open goals which was quite embarrassing, the winning goal came from a quick break leaving our forward with a 1 on 1 with your keeper. As from your comments on our linesman, people from your club called him everything under the sun for an offside decision that the linesman never gave.After you called him a F*****g cheat the ref stopped the game and came over and and took your name, he also clearly told you that the he had made the decision,and NOT the linesman. I would like to thank you for attending the pub after in great spirits, and wish you all the best in winning your league. You did give us a much more difficult game than we had in the first round and wish you every success in the future

I think the biggest upset was Probus, mid table in Duchy 2, beating last years finalists and Duchy premier league title challengers Gunnislake 3-1.

I agree - didn't see Probus winning that one.

Gunnislake weren't finalists last season. St Dominick lost in the final to Portreath. Torpoint were beaten in the Eastern Area final by St Dominick.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

I think the biggest upset was Probus, mid table in Duchy 2, beating last years finalists and Duchy premier league title challengers Gunnislake 3-1.

I played in the area final last year for Torpoint not Gunnislake!!!!

As for them being title challengers, they are well off the pace and would do well to finish 5th or 6th!!!!

sorry sky blue i am the manager of St Teath got the game mixed up with our reserves,as you rightly said our game was called off on Friday at 9 am,are you allowed to play on millbrooks pitch next week or are they at home,we havent heard from the county yet on when this match will be played.I dont want to start any thing here but should you get promoted this year which i think you will,where will you play.I presume the senior league will need to inspect your ground to make sure you qualify on that front.If you share with millbrook will you become millbrook reserves or will you remain as you are.

Kitbag, we simply rent Millbrooks pitch from them so have nothing to do with the club themselves, although most of us played for Millbrook under 18s years ago. They did a similar thing with maker with rame a few years ago. Its a waste just having one team playing on there with the good facilities - bit like crystal palace and Wimbledon back in the day!! So if we manage to go up, i think there will be no problem on the pitch, it has superb facilities so to be honest i think they'd liek to see the ground being used, and we would stay as edgcumbe. We have had various offers for them to become millbrook 2nd team, but we started the club up so have no intentions of doing this.

As far as the re-arranged game, i think the ccfa want the game played asap, we can obviously play evening games due to the floodlights but millbrook are home this saturday i think. The only problem playing down there is their main priority is Millbrook, so the slightest bit of rain for us and they usually call it off which is a pain as usually the players feel most games are playable, like the torpoint match in september. Luckily we are away for every game this month!!

Actually, you might find it was 7 booked and one off, you probably being one of them :yahoo::SM_carton_y:

Grampound 1 St Dennis 4

Grampound weren't at the races today - and were second best to a St Dennis team that didn't have to play that well to win. Lee Rickard - by far St Dennis's best player gave St Dennis the lead with a good finish after another play had waltzed all too easily through the heart of the Grampound defence. Grampound then equalised after Shane Weeks was put clean through and had his first effort saved before reacting quickly to the loose ball and squaring for Dean Dunn to equalise. Rickard bagged his second from the spot after a rather generous penalty was given against Scott Roseveare for which St Dennis didn't even appeal. Dai Moseley's spectacular volley in first half stoppage time appeared to have levelled the match, but the goal was disallowed for a rather questionable offside decision.

Rickard bagged his hat-trick at the start of the second half before a long range effort from Chris Brown (I think?!) gave St Dennis their 4th goal.

The match was competitive through-out but there was not a nasty challenge in the game, yet the referee who seemed to want to be centre of attention still managed to book about 15 players! Frustration boiled over with one of the St Dennis players who was sent off twice towards the end of the game for telling the referee what he thought of him.

Good luck to St Dennis in the next round - I'm sure they won't care who they get but will hope for a different referee!

Actually, you might find it was 7 booked and one off, you probably being one of them :SM_carton_y: :yahoo:

Threemilestone 5 .v. Trevenson 1

Well done TMS on a good result. I wasn't at the game, but from what I have heard TMS just took their chances when they came. Trevenson hitting the crossbar and the post! Trevenson were also missing a number of regular first teamers......Winning is all about scoring goals though so, again, congratulations to TMS and good luck for the rest of the competition.

Just wanna say well done to all at madron a really good performance! Really think they are setting themselves up really well to climb the table. Especially now they have two decent managers! After watching them play on various occasions, i know how erratic they can be but i would not want to play against them on their day.

Actually, you might find it was 7 booked and one off, you probably being one of them :yahoo::SM_carton_y:

Grampound 1 St Dennis 4

Actually, you might find it was 7 booked and one off, you probably being one of them :SM_carton_y::yahoo:

I'm sure there was more than 7 players booked - as Grampound had at least 5 themselves, with the same for St Dennis!

And for the record I wasn't booked - I've picked up a few bookings for late tackles, but never in 12 years of mens football for dissent.

Have you got a match report for us yet R Chown for Carharrack v Troon as promised?

(Great, get a win tomorrow,then I wonder who we will get when we beat Troon in the next round.) Does that quote ring any bells? haha, nothing wrong with a positive mental attitude, unlucky mate! Good luck for the weekend.

01/11/08

Junior Cup Second Round

Carharrack 0 Troon 8

A strike force of Shane Richards and Carl Paparone certainly paid off for Troon as they progressed into the next round of the Junior Cup against FHFL 2 side Carharrack AFC.

It was good to welcome back Carl to the Recreation Ground. A loyal servant of the club who progressed as a star youth player before going on to win the league and making Carharrack the only club ever in Mining League history to win the Treble before progressing onto playing Senior football.

On a brisk winter afternoon, this was always going to be a blood and guts game as both sides were up for the match from the start. Carharrack determined to be no push overs as underdogs really took the game to Troon from the start making space and chances. With an experienced Troon back four, Carharrack were surprised that players such as Brett Wasden initially looked a bit flat. One thing Troon did have and one of the reasons they are currently top of the league is pace and pace from all angles, which ment Carharrack really had to get stuck in on the first ball in order to get play.

It took Troon until the 24th minute to end the deadlock with a powerful strike outside the 18 yard box which gave them the lead they were looking for. Not to be outplayed Carharrack got back into the game and pushed forward. When Carharrack forward Brenden Dennis was brought down from behind inside the box the home side cheered, however, the referee didn't see it from his awkward position of 6 yards away and was not given, much to the dismay of the Carharrack support. Play after that was very much equal until a indirect kick was given. Troon took the opportunity and crossed the ball onto the post which was headed in by Paparone. The referee signalled for half time and Carharrack can take some positives away as everyone gave 100%. A team talk at half time, Carharrack still believed they could turn things around especially if they could get something onto their goalkeeper who at times looked abit suspect.

The second half began and that's when the onslaught began, first with Shane Richards running through and blasting it into the back of the net, then goal, after goal, after goal, after goal, after goal, after goal to well and truly wrap the game up for Troon. Manager Matt Harris even brought on Richie Ward to join the free for all but unfortunately he could not hit the target. With the game turned around in a space of 10 minutes Troon eased off. Carharrack battled until the end and for the hard work striker Liam Bray ran through on goal and placed it into the back of the net but was disallowed for offside, well we wouldn't want Troon to concede a goal lol. Game played in good spirits and best of luck to Troon in the next round. Pitch held up well considering the weather over the week.

Ref Watch: Carharrack are signed up supporters of the FA Respect Campaign introduced this season. The referee fully explained to the Captains and players that any form of swearing would not be tolerated and is a sending off offence. Fully Understood Governor. 3 minutes into the game opposition player gives almighty. (Censored for minors) "You're a ####### joke" when a throw in was given against him to the linesman. Result a quiet word. Respect Lost!

However, a good performance and controlled the game well.

Carharrack: Beffy Smeeth, Brenden Dennis, Craig Moyle, Daniel Kashmarek, Gareth Charles, Gareth Bone, Liam Bray, Mark Leah, Martin Murphy, Paul Jolly, Richard Chown, Steven Sansbury © and Tristan Burrows.

Troon: Danny Mitchell, Chris Woods, Brett Wasden, Simon Lavis, Jason Smeeth, James Reynolds, Richie Ward, Abdu Sabo, Daniel Bell, Jamie Marles ©, Shane Richards, Carl Paparone, Gary Bell, Richard Scott, Stuart Smeeth and Clayton Reynolds.

Match and Ball Sponsors: Europcar Car Rental and Cornish Fixings Co

When is the draw for the next round..... i want to be first to know when chacewater get Fal Ath or Troon!.... not that we are getting tough cup draws or anything.

Well done Spenny on Saturday in my predictions I did go for Illogan purely on that they had home advantage, I would have done the same if you guys were playing at Home. Great result so good effort !!! Spoke to Gareth Pitt and he was humble in defeat and informed me that you guys got your just rewards. Think the draw takes place at CCFA headquarters St Austell on Thursday evening. So we should be informed at some point on Friday.

Some really good sides left in the draw including yourselves and Athletic, trips to also Constatine,Trispen and St Buryan would be tricky indeed.

Cheers

Reno