Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup result

Guest gunniplayer

not one gunnislake player cant make an excuse for the dreadful 2nd half performance we put in against probus on saturday. probus deserved to beat us and make the 3rd round of the cup. 1st half probus sat back and let us play and seemed quite happy to hit us on the break, with us missing plenty of chances, the ref not giving a stone wall penalty to probus and 10 mins ref giving a soft penalty to probus the scores went in 1-1 at half time.

second half was all probus and stoped us knocking the ball round and fully justified scoring 2 more goals and making it 3-1.

good luck at probus in the 3rd round.

Actually, you might find it was 7 booked and one off, you probably being one of them :yahoo::SM_carton_y:

Grampound 1 St Dennis 4

Grampound weren't at the races today - and were second best to a St Dennis team that didn't have to play that well to win. Lee Rickard - by far St Dennis's best player gave St Dennis the lead with a good finish after another play had waltzed all too easily through the heart of the Grampound defence. Grampound then equalised after Shane Weeks was put clean through and had his first effort saved before reacting quickly to the loose ball and squaring for Dean Dunn to equalise. Rickard bagged his second from the spot after a rather generous penalty was given against Scott Roseveare for which St Dennis didn't even appeal. Dai Moseley's spectacular volley in first half stoppage time appeared to have levelled the match, but the goal was disallowed for a rather questionable offside decision.

Rickard bagged his hat-trick at the start of the second half before a long range effort from Chris Brown (I think?!) gave St Dennis their 4th goal.

The match was competitive through-out but there was not a nasty challenge in the game, yet the referee who seemed to want to be centre of attention still managed to book about 15 players! Frustration boiled over with one of the St Dennis players who was sent off twice towards the end of the game for telling the referee what he thought of him.

Good luck to St Dennis in the next round - I'm sure they won't care who they get but will hope for a different referee!

Actually, you might find it was 7 booked and one off, you probably being one of them :SM_carton_y::yahoo:

I'm sure there was more than 7 players booked - as Grampound had at least 5 themselves, with the same for St Dennis!

And for the record I wasn't booked - I've picked up a few bookings for late tackles, but never in 12 years of mens football for dissent.

I have spoken to the ref who did the game and he has assured me it was 7 booked 5 for grampound and 2 for st dennis. Need we say anymore on the subject :ph34r:

thanks to united for your comments about madron your right that we are erratic but on our day we are capable of giving any of the other sides in mining two a decent game.we would also like to thank the st.ives lads for playing there part in an entertaining game best of luck for the rest of the season lads. :thumbsup:

Well i was going to do a match report but many thanks Mr Chown for doing it already.

A fairly accurute report, well a little one sided towards your team but thats to be expected!! lol !! but no, all in all you guys didnt give up and what probably could of been 10+ was stopped due to your determination and grit.

Troon's scorers were as follows:-

Shane Richards 2 (tap ins!!)

Danny Bell 2 (1 direct from corner!!!)

Jamie Marles 2 (both screamers!! obviously....!! but no, one header & a one 1 on 1)

Stuart Smeeth 1 (Right foot curler from 18.5 yards,dodgy celebration.....?!)

Jason Smeeth 1 (Diving header!! yes he was 4 inch's off of the floor!! lol and a even worse celebration!! lol)

The ref was pretty even for both sides, the pitch was not to bad in the end, the food was great afterwards and so was the cheap beer!!!

All the best for the season to carharrack FC from all at Troon AFC.........AKA Troon Army..! lol x x x x

Guest football mad

Grampound 1 St Dennis 4

Grampound weren't at the races today - and were second best to a St Dennis team that didn't have to play that well to win. Lee Rickard - by far St Dennis's best player gave St Dennis the lead with a good finish after another play had waltzed all too easily through the heart of the Grampound defence. Grampound then equalised after Shane Weeks was put clean through and had his first effort saved before reacting quickly to the loose ball and squaring for Dean Dunn to equalise. Rickard bagged his second from the spot after a rather generous penalty was given against Scott Roseveare for which St Dennis didn't even appeal. Dai Moseley's spectacular volley in first half stoppage time appeared to have levelled the match, but the goal was disallowed for a rather questionable offside decision.

Rickard bagged his hat-trick at the start of the second half before a long range effort from Chris Brown (I think?!) gave St Dennis their 4th goal.

The match was competitive through-out but there was not a nasty challenge in the game, yet the referee who seemed to want to be centre of attention still managed to book about 15 players! Frustration boiled over with one of the St Dennis players who was sent off twice towards the end of the game for telling the referee what he thought of him.

Good luck to St Dennis in the next round - I'm sure they won't care who they get but will hope for a different referee!

Is this the game in which Grampund Played an illegal player ?

Guest football mad

Constantine have got a very good side and are gelling well for how quickly assembled they were, but I think Junior cup maybe a year to early for them. Still feel Troon are the team to beat after watching them this season, cracking squad on paper lets hope they live up to there reputation.

AJW I have been told you played an illegal player in last couple of weeks and he was spotted.

I would also not rule St.Dennis again strong side on paper. I am not sure about much of FHFL teams.

Will be some cracking ties to watch

Mawgan 0 - 7 Newlyn Non Athletico

There's an old saying that goes: 'let the football do the talking,' Newlyn well and truly did that today.

After taking an early lead, it was hard work until we got the second goal, and then the Mawgan team fell apart. As well as arguing with each other, several of their players took it upon themselves to start throwing out insults everywhere, particularly their No.10 who gave one of the worst examples of sportsmanship I have ever seen. The kind of things he was saying were so ignorant and immature, that it's almost laughable.

No.10 lost it within the first 5 minutes, and then proceeded to make more complaints throughout the match, than the entire British public did over the whole Russell Brand/Jonathan Ross saga...

Amongst these 'highly intelligent' words, handed out to a number of our players, by No.10 & compatriots, were threats to:

'Knock your f**king block off..'

and

'Put you in intensive care..'

But the one that takes the biscuit, was several of their players calling one of our own a 'dirty f**king n*gger...'

Classy lads, real classy.

When approached by our captain at the end, to shake hands and put the game behind him, No.10 replied:

'F*ck you, like I f**ked your mama last night..'

Judging by the state of him, I'd be suprised if he's ever had a f*ck in his life, but there you go...he also told his fellow team-mates that they should take no pride in their performance and that they had:

'Lost to a shower of sh*t out there...'

To top it all off, some sore loser turned the showers on some of our team's clothes in the changing room afterwards. You've got to admire some people's hospitality...

In regards to the game, Newlyn gave a great team performance, and in the end it could have been more than 7. The referee did a fantastic job under difficult circumstances, and was without doubt, one of the best I have seen at this level.

It's just a shame some people never grow up, and treat a kick-a-round on a saturday afternoon, as if it's a Premier League title decider.

Newlyn played a great game today! we were rubbish throughout! as for the shower incident it was totally an accident as i went off injured in the last 5 minutes and went for a shower, not realizing that there were cloths on a chair IN THE SHOWER, so i turned them on but it was a mistake and until now i didnt realize it got any clothes wet. As for the comments made by Mawgans No. 10, It was pure frustration even though that is no excuse, I can only appologise to Newlyn as it was un called for. May I Just say the ref today was the best ive had the pleasure in playing with, he was top class! see when i always give credit where credit is due, i say what i think and in my oppion he is the best ref around. Good luck to Newlyn Non Athletico in the next round. Mawgans No 9.

Mawgan 0 - 7 Newlyn Non Athletico

There's an old saying that goes: 'let the football do the talking,' Newlyn well and truly did that today.

After taking an early lead, it was hard work until we got the second goal, and then the Mawgan team fell apart. As well as arguing with each other, several of their players took it upon themselves to start throwing out insults everywhere, particularly their No.10 who gave one of the worst examples of sportsmanship I have ever seen. The kind of things he was saying were so ignorant and immature, that it's almost laughable.

No.10 lost it within the first 5 minutes, and then proceeded to make more complaints throughout the match, than the entire British public did over the whole Russell Brand/Jonathan Ross saga...

Amongst these 'highly intelligent' words, handed out to a number of our players, by No.10 & compatriots, were threats to:

'Knock your f**king block off..'

and

'Put you in intensive care..'

But the one that takes the biscuit, was several of their players calling one of our own a 'dirty f**king n*gger...'

Classy lads, real classy.

When approached by our captain at the end, to shake hands and put the game behind him, No.10 replied:

'F*ck you, like I f**ked your mama last night..'

Judging by the state of him, I'd be suprised if he's ever had a f*ck in his life, but there you go...he also told his fellow team-mates that they should take no pride in their performance and that they had:

'Lost to a shower of sh*t out there...'

To top it all off, some sore loser turned the showers on some of our team's clothes in the changing room afterwards. You've got to admire some people's hospitality...

In regards to the game, Newlyn gave a great team performance, and in the end it could have been more than 7. The referee did a fantastic job under difficult circumstances, and was without doubt, one of the best I have seen at this level.

It's just a shame some people never grow up, and treat a kick-a-round on a saturday afternoon, as if it's a Premier League title decider.

Did the referee send number 10 off? :c:

Newlyn played a great game today! we were rubbish throughout! as for the shower incident it was totally an accident as i went off injured in the last 5 minutes and went for a shower, not realizing that there were cloths on a chair IN THE SHOWER, so i turned them on but it was a mistake and until now i didnt realize it got any clothes wet. As for the comments made by Mawgans No. 10, It was pure frustration even though that is no excuse, I can only appologise to Newlyn as it was un called for. May I Just say the ref today was the best ive had the pleasure in playing with, he was top class! see when i always give credit where credit is due, i say what i think and in my oppion he is the best ref around. Good luck to Newlyn Non Athletico in the next round. Mawgans No 9.

Thankyou mate. I don't like to go on here and slag teams off, and I can understand frustration, but I was just upset by a few of the comments made towards our players. All the best.

Guest spurs03

hi mouth. congrats on your win today, constantine will give you a warmer welcome than you got today

and good luck in the next round, and may the best team wins on the day, football is about doing the best you can,and enjoying it win or lose.

I am the Mawgan number 10

Mouth you have lived up to your name if you had a problem why not come and see me about it, but we both know why dont we because it is easy to duck the issue and come on here and give it the big un rather than be a real man and deal with it face to face.

Can I first say that I whole heartedly agree that the on the day the best team won by far but if we played them each day for the next 100 years the score line would never be the same everything they hit went in and they scored some real screamers and there number 11 is the best player we have faced this season and far to good for this standard.

As for the ref he was the best we have had this season by far and it is always great to have had him at this level.

I did not get sent off as I did not commit 1 offence that was worthy of a red card. I was about 10 minutes late in a tackle which deservedly I got a yellow for.

As for the Newlyn captain I have never had the misfortune of playing against such a complete fanny, at one point he had a word with the ref to ask me to not be so aggressive on the pitch. Now I thought that this was a mans game and that aggressive tackles were aloud in the game as long as they were within the rules of the game (correct me if I'm wrong)

Next I would like to point out that I am from a big northern city, so would never call anyone or have anybody in my team that called somebody a dirty f**king n*gger we have a half cast lad that plays for us who is out with through injury and it seems like MOUTH is trying to rub salt in the wounds, nor would I ever say knock your block off as that is an insult that is more worthy of the fanny newlyn captain rather than a sharp witted fellow like myself what I actually said was I will put him on a drip for 6 months then at the final whistle after mouthing off all game he wanted to come over and be the best of friends which I'm sorry (and this has nothing to do with sour grapes as all of us have been thumped in a football match before) I just couldn't accept so told him what I thought of him. and MOUTH I didn't complain about anything I moaned about our display and the way we were performing but not about the ref or any decisions that went against us. We have faced and beaten far better teams than Newlyn this season but as I have already said everything they hit went in and it was one of those days.

The shower incident was a complete accident and anyone who knows greyhound would know he wouldn't do that to anybody but come on only a complete half witt leaves there stuff in the showers dont they? and again no-one said a word at the time for any of us to apologise face to face which no question would have happened.

I have been portrayed today as a bad sportsman but that couldn't be further from the truth. I am a bad loser but aren't we all?

We are a good footballing side who had a bad day at the office and I can honestly say it is a long time that I have been thumped by a score line like that but to say that I have played today in a saturday afternoon kick around brings down the Junior cup. I play to win and if that means upsetting a couple of F**kwitted people from Newlyn then I will take it on the chin

Good luck for the next round Newlyn (and I do really mean that)

Mac

Guest i8scousers

eh mac that mouth was on ere doing the same ,,gobbing off about us after we played them in the cup too, and i have to say that this scoreline has shocked me after playing both teams in the space of a month you boys where the best side we have played this season because we played mawgan 2 weeks ago and we lost too a very good mawgan side who i thought would batter newlyn no bother,, and your right if you was too play them again it would be a different result so dont let any of these comments bother you mate cause i think you are a terrific player and top one in his day { b4 the pies came along lol } and if you cut the mouth out then it would change your game,, good luck for the season. camborne park

i didn't actually hear the racist comments today - but apparently the N word was used and thats inexcusable. on the other hand i did hear plenty of other comments such as 'do that again and i'll put you in hospital for 6 months' - from the Mawgan number 4, not the 10. maybe they have competitions who can put an opposition in hospital the longest? personally i think number 10 was lucky to not be sent a straight red for that 'late' tackle.

on a brighter note, for the neutral reading, the majority of the Mawgan players were fine and quite sporting, the lad up front (who didn't have a number) in particular, and i'm sure he didn't mean the shower-gate scandal.

having looked at your league table, you've only conceded 5 goals all season? maybe there is a gulf in standards between our leagues, as you certainly wouldn't be undefeated in Mining 2 - even if you did have an off day.

but good luck in your league i'm sure you'll be up near the top. maybe concentrate on the football and things will turn out better on a saturday - i'm sure the beer tastes better after a 7-0 win.

PS not EVERYTHING we hit went in, i think we hit the bar at least twice! (and one ruled out for offside)

NNAFC.

I was going to post a long condemnation of some Mawgan players, about racism, poor sportsmanship, how it's not wise to admit to threats of violence on public forums etc. etc. etc. then I realised that just repeating the score MAWGAN 0 NEWLYN 7 was enough.

St Teath 0 - Edgcumbe 4.

St Teath left the 'ringers' at home and Edgumbe dominated from the word go. also i see that a game in the junior cup above was played on Friday? So Junior cup games dont have to be played at 2pm on a sat like we were told - so we could have played at Millbrook after all. Oh well, it made the victory tatse a bit sweeter

Eank

For one thing there was no racism whatsoever, there never has been nor will there ever be so lets just put that one straight to bed the threats were all made tongue in cheek and as every one who was there has said we had the best ref so far this season and he was standing for no nonsense from our so called aggresive behavior of the constant moaning from some of the Newlyn players and the game finished with 22 on the pitch so it couldn't have been that bad could it? Winding up opponents is all part of the game to put them out of their stride although today it back fired drastically

I'm prepared to admit that sometimes on the pitch I can be a nightmare but 99 times out of a hundred I am a good sport and try and play the game in the right way. Our whole team are in agreement that the Newlyn captain was a complete **** on Saturday and a whole team cant be wrong but on the other hand I will accept that the whole Newlyn side will think that I was a complete **** so swings and roundabouts and I am a big boy and can take it.

As you say we have only conceded 5 all season and to be hit for 7 in one game hurts more than just pride and we have to take a long hard look at ourselves

I would just like to say again that the best team won and I have no problems with the Newlyn team and wish them all the best in the next round

i8scousers cheers mate although the pie comment was a bit of a low blow ha ha

8-11-08

Falmouth Albion 3-5 Redruth United (HT 3-2)

Albion sending off at 3-1 off changed the game.

Shifty I agree that the sending off changed the game and to be honest that particular player cost you dearly

In all fairness though he did deserve it because we are all aware that swearing at a referee is not to be tolerated, I personally thought soccer follower had a fantastic game and was very fair on both teams,

He called it how he saw it and that’s the way it should be done (I’m not just saying that because we won either)

Credit to both sides for a very good hard fought game in which we took our chances when they came and that was the main difference because you boys did have chances but could not break us down as we fought for everything and wanted it maybe that little more

Good luck for the rest of the season fella and as for us we now have Robarts in the next round which will be a tough game, To be honest I think after knocking out two very good Falmouth helston league sides we would properly have preferred to play another one as they seem a little easier to beat :D than mining league teams but I guess that’s because we have nothing to lose against the so called big fish?

Redruth Utd goalscores were (Guy Johnson 3, James Petty and Tony barber)

and redruth have the added bonus of being able to see the junior cup every week as its on display in the british legion which they share with portreath :D

keep the cup in the legion boys . two good results so far and a good chance against robartes .

Sammo66 Portreath left the legion for pastures new which did not work out so you all came back so i guess your sharing the legion with us not the other way around lol although would be nice to keep it there

geachy1 as for our chances mate we have as much chance as anyone else but there are some very good teams left in the competition so it is anybodys for the taking and wouldnt like to say who will win this year, I honestly thought Chacewater would win it last year with the team they had but i was wrong and Portreath did themselves proud (And the mining league)

Good luck for the rest of the season though fella

Sammo66 see you and the junior cup next week matey :D