Cornwall Football Forum

7 hours ago, baldy said:

I looked yesterday when the Q was asked and found nothing. Still nothing at 23:50 Saturday.

Have you done what most people would do and check their social media?I've just checked both clubs on Facebook and theyve advertised it for a while 

4 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

Have you done what most people would do and check their social media?I've just checked both clubs on Facebook and theyve advertised it for a while 

Sorry, didn’t realise it was the clubs that ran the competition!

16 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Did you look at the Cornwall FA website?

Yes, I asked the question after looking at the Cornwall FA and the FA fixtures for both clubs and seeing nothing.

Admittedly didn't look at the clubs as i thought the official sites would have it first.

My first visit to a junior cup game and it had it all. A red card sin bins and a penalty and two teams that wanted that win.it was a game of two halves but dropship capitalised on poor Lanreath discipline. Good support but seemed mostly in favour of Lanreath but they are closer to St blazey. Lanreath better in first half, dropship woke up second half and showed quality.4-2 flattering but dropship edged it.it was my first trip to St blazey what a lovely ground they have but they do need to open up the turnstile area as very hard to get out for a wee when there's a queue of people trying to get in.almost wet myself

15 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

What, to the one inside the ground?

Its single file turnstile so I had to squeeze through to walk around to go to the toilet as the only toilets were through main bar entrance.the big gates were locked so only one way in and out

11 minutes ago, StevieB9 said:

Dave bartlam and fisher don't count as supporters. Odd to see Mr cornwallFA and cornish referees at a club event where dropship get his club gets all the luck and decisions their way. 

I wonder how much winning that trophy cost fisher in wage bills. It's become the trophy to buy now rather than win. 

It's sad that grassroots football has come down to money thrown around but with the old mabe set up it's hardly surprising. The club capt liam chinn getting £150 per game and £800 a yr bonus for doing the coaching/training of the team is sad. Then you have their reserves paying subs to play.

Who the hell is this guy? Sounds like Piers Morgan in disguise 😂

But with a broken spellchecker!!

51 minutes ago, Oberon Maxx said:

Who the hell is this guy? Sounds like Piers Morgan in disguise 😂

But with a broken spellchecker!!

He’s a **** mate. Let him have his broken, misguided opinion. Haters will hate mate. 

1 hour ago, BrummyBarry said:

Its single file turnstile so I had to squeeze through to walk around to go to the toilet as the only toilets were through main bar entrance.the big gates were locked so only one way in and out

For future reference - there's one inside the ground to the right of the big gate 👍

I find it hard to understand why people cant just be happy when a team succeeds.this was a good game and I think if lanreath kept their disciplin then the scoreline would have been closer or even different.they lost not because dropship were the better team but because they lost their hwads.a man sent off and two sin bins were the nails.even if rumours are true then who cares it happens all the time where Im from.i also cant help but think people would be stupid to think players are getting paid the figures stated above thats surely more than players at Mousehole and Helston and falmouth

On 28/04/2024 at 20:27, BrummyBarry said:

My first visit to a junior cup game and it had it all. A red card sin bins and a penalty and two teams that wanted that win.it was a game of two halves but dropship capitalised on poor Lanreath discipline. Good support but seemed mostly in favour of Lanreath but they are closer to St blazey. Lanreath better in first half, dropship woke up second half and showed quality.4-2 flattering but dropship edged it.it was my first trip to St blazey what a lovely ground they have but they do need to open up the turnstile area as very hard to get out for a wee when there's a queue of people trying to get in.almost wet myself

If you visit again Barry, inside the big green gates to the left is a toilet block for men and women. No need to leave the ground at all. 

Glad you enjoyed your afternoon though. 

I think most would agree, Lanreath were the better team in the final and the result does not do the game justice. Lanreath did lose their discipline which factor to the result but the referee decision making appeared strange which I believe is adding to a confusion of the credibility. The red card for example, I was stood near the linesman who said he didn’t see the incident, the referee went over to the linesman to see what had happened therefore he was unsure too. So to not have a clear imagine of what had happened but to only send the lanreath player and only book the dropship player is questionable. It is inevitable that the red card completely changed the momentum of the game. It also seemed a lot of decisions went Dropships way, after the game i spoke to a few of the lanreath lads, who in defeat were still gracious ( i have seen some posts who have said they weren’t) who stated the referee knew the drop ship players by first names which could suggest he knew them? There was a clear altercation on the right hand side where a drop ship player went flying in with an elbow to a lanreath players face, no card or foul? The ref was a very young man who seemed a little out of his depth for a cup of this magnitude. Congratulations to drop ship who capitalised on these errors which is no dig to them but I can’t help feeling the better team did not win that game. I would be interested to know if anyone else as a neutral feels a lot of decisions went against lanreath which added to their loss? 

I was a neutral. Due to road closures in Lostwithiel I missed the first 30+mins and it was 2-1 to Lanreath when I'd arrived, so maybe they'd been on top up until that point. Up until half time I actually thought the 50/50 decisions were going in Lanreath's favour and Dropship were vocally frustrated. 2nd half was poor in terms of real quality, apart from one of the Dropship goals where the forward weaved in and out of multiple defenders and slid the ball under the keeper for a nice goal. But Lanreath barely created anything 2nd half, losing the ball too easily any time the ball was passed forwards, the wide men in particular were poor. Dropship did create and were the better team. Certainly helped with the numerical advantage after Lanreath went down to 10 then 9 men with the red and the sin bin. I was miles away from the red card incident but if the linesman didn't see it nor have an input in the decision, it had to be leave all 22 players on the pitch. Otherwise it's pure guesswork as the referee had his back turned with play downfield and the altercation behind him. The latter part of the game was a walk in the park for Dropship, with the no.7 in particular keeping the ball well and alleviating all pressure from the middle of the pitch. Lanreath by this point were playing 4-1-4 and that is how they lost control of the game, as well as the lack of discipline.

And any ref who knows names of players isn't an area of concern of me. The ref was from the western side of the county so it's natural he may have had Dropship games before. Had it been an eastern ref appointed, I'm sure the shoe would've been on the other foot. 

As you mentioned, you missed majority of the first half where lanreath were completely dominant, as you mentioned the front of lanreath were particularly poor and missed opportunities which could of seen Lanreath go into half time possible 4-1. The first dropship goal came from a goalkeeping error. Dropships second goal was great football. Surely it was clear lanreath struggled to create anything the second half for reasons that come from the red card. Going down to 10 men against a strong team was not going to do them any favours. My original post centred around the fact that it was indeed the red card that changed the momentum of the game. As you also mentioned the ref was not looking at the incident as was keeping up with play. If he did not see the incident nor the linesman, how can you give someone a straight red? With regards to the ref knowing the boys names, my point is it adds to the belief held that there was a lack of credibility. For lanreath coming into this, surely they would find it more neutral if he didn’t know their names or if he did to not use them and call them ‘player’ like he was to the lanreath players? It was also mentioned by many other neutrals after the game that the ref struggled to keep control. The first half saw Lanreath play good football with all men on the pitch, they created more chances than Dropship and saw a very strong lanreath back line with the left back and right back controlling most of the play and creating chances. Lanreath captain and centre back was sin-binned. I spoke to him after the game and he was actually speaking to his assistant coach which the ref deemed the context was out of line and sin binned him. Lanreath were not able to create the chances they did in the second half when lanreath had all their men on the pitch. I think the dominate performance from the second half from drop ship was only available due to at times Lanreath only having 9 men on the pitch from possible dodgey referee decisions! Dropship played the game well the second half being able to take advantage of the 2 man difference. Agreement in the change of formation did not help lanreath but i suppose management were going to struggle in decisions when they at times had 9 men on the pitch.

As someone who’s son plays for Dropship I’d have to agree I thought Lanreath were by far the better team first half and really should have put game out of sight. But if you don’t take your chances this is what can happen. Not sure about the red card but Dropship were definately on the front foot and I believe it was 2-2 by then. Sin bins for comments or arguing with ref ( right or wrong ) obviously dropped lanreath deeper in the shit so that’s on them nobody else. We all know refs have the sin bin now and a cup final is perfect place to impose power to do so, better off biting your tongue. Again Lanreath are clearly a superb team and seemed like a decent bunch in defeat so nothing but admiration for them. Their league must be tough as I’d expect them to walk through most junior leagues. 

1 hour ago, footballlocal said:

I would be interested to know if anyone else as a neutral feels a lot of decisions went against lanreath which added to their loss? 

As a complete neutral I didn't think this match was officiated any different than practically all I watch!

23 minutes ago, Lifeintheolddog said:

As someone who’s son plays for Dropship I’d have to agree I thought Lanreath were by far the better team first half and really should have put game out of sight. But if you don’t take your chances this is what can happen. Not sure about the red card but Dropship were definately on the front foot and I believe it was 2-2 by then. Sin bins for comments or arguing with ref ( right or wrong ) obviously dropped lanreath deeper in the shit so that’s on them nobody else. We all know refs have the sin bin now and a cup final is perfect place to impose power to do so, better off biting your tongue. Again Lanreath are clearly a superb team and seemed like a decent bunch in defeat so nothing but admiration for them. Their league must be tough as I’d expect them to walk through most junior leagues. 

Completely agree! I just also agree with the questioning of those decisions that lead to such a result of 4-2! congratulations to your son and their team. hopefully these two teams will see each other again in another cup final, would be another good game. 

23 minutes ago, Lifeintheolddog said:

I’m happy to see your comment about them in defeat as a few comments have been made that Lanreath were not. I spoke to a few players from the lanreath team who were nothing but gracious and complimentary of dropship! I also spoke to a couple of the lads from dropship, their captain and striker being two who seemed to agree that the game could of gone either way and first half wise they thought lanreath would have finished it. Both the drop ship players were great lads and spoke of last years defeat and what knowledge that bought to this game.

4 hours ago, Paul said:

If you visit again Barry, inside the big green gates to the left is a toilet block for men and women. No need to leave the ground at all. 

Glad you enjoyed your afternoon though. 

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to saint Blazey what a wonderful ground it is and the staff were very respectful.i didn't see the toilet block but thank you as I would like to visit you again. I enjoyed the game and I do think it was Lanreath pressure first half then Dropship second.lanreath had the better chances.the red card I was too far away to see exactly what happened it looked like a kick out from Lanreath and a face off by drop ship in the other games I seen this season I think cards were right.i think the ref went to the lino because it was right in front of him but about 8 metres in so maybe he was going to give a red and wanted his lino to confirm as it was a big game.if lino didnt see it and ref still thought red he was going to still give it to him.i thought the ref done well in this game because he was a young boy and there were some hard tackling sometimes.i thoughg he handked it well considering the importance of the game.knowing players name isnt a bad thing either maybe he remembered teamsheet to help him on the day. Lanreath had a good advantage with fans aswell because Lanreath is closer to Blazey that drop ship are so you could argue that aswell. What I will say is that it was a very good game for the neutral and great day out and unlike some on this post that cant just say well done, Ill say well done to both teams because it was a great final with everything.

9 hours ago, footballlocal said:

I think most would agree, Lanreath were the better team in the final and the result does not do the game justice. Lanreath did lose their discipline which factor to the result but the referee decision making appeared strange which I believe is adding to a confusion of the credibility. The red card for example, I was stood near the linesman who said he didn’t see the incident, the referee went over to the linesman to see what had happened therefore he was unsure too. So to not have a clear imagine of what had happened but to only send the lanreath player and only book the dropship player is questionable. It is inevitable that the red card completely changed the momentum of the game. It also seemed a lot of decisions went Dropships way, after the game i spoke to a few of the lanreath lads, who in defeat were still gracious ( i have seen some posts who have said they weren’t) who stated the referee knew the drop ship players by first names which could suggest he knew them? There was a clear altercation on the right hand side where a drop ship player went flying in with an elbow to a lanreath players face, no card or foul? The ref was a very young man who seemed a little out of his depth for a cup of this magnitude. Congratulations to drop ship who capitalised on these errors which is no dig to them but I can’t help feeling the better team did not win that game. I would be interested to know if anyone else as a neutral feels a lot of decisions went against lanreath which added to their loss? 

Went as a neutral,St Blazey supporter so had seen a couple of the Lanreath players before, decent match up to the red card. Was stood behind the Dropship dugout so had no view of it, interesting that when one there players came off later in the game he was boasting to his manager that he had got the Lanreath player sent off.Earlier I was walking around the ground to the tea hut when the red card player was being walked off by one of the Lanreath coaching staff, the player protesting his innocence and stating that the ref spoke to the linesman who said he saw nothing.

Much better game then Mousehole v St Dominic the previous day.