Cornwall Football Forum

OUR FA VASE JOURNEY COMES TO AN END BUT WHAT MAGICAL MEMORIES. "WE ALL FOLLOW FALMOUTH OVER LAND AND SEA"

11 minutes ago, le boss said:

Genuine question- why are the highlights of the Wakering game not on there too? 

I was at the game. To be honest, you would have struggled to put together much of a highlights package. The occasion and atmosphere, not what either side produced on the pitch, will linger most in the memory.

23 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

I was at the game. To be honest, you would have struggled to put together much of a highlights package. The occasion and atmosphere, not what either side produced on the pitch, will linger most in the memory.

Knew there would be a valid reason. Just seems like their journey ended before the game. Thanks though. 

39 minutes ago, le boss said:

Genuine question- why are the highlights of the Wakering game not on there too? 

Probably because there we not any highlights. Quite frankly we never really turned up last Saturday, thats football. But glad you appreciate the video of our 2nd quarter final  in the FA Vase. :) 

31 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Agree with that. Still a bit gutted like everyone else, however looking back at reaching the quarter final has given us lifetime memories. 

7 minutes ago, le boss said:

I appreciate your video UP TO your second quarter final🙂

Being knocked out in the quater final is no disgrace bash.We've put the club and cornish football in the National spotlight and made a lot of friends along the way.

You don't get that from being knocked out in the 1rst round.:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

Being knocked out in the quater final is no disgrace bash.We've put the club and cornish football in the National spotlight and made a lot of friends along the way.

You don't get that from being knocked out in the 1rst round.:thumbsup:

Nobody is saying that there is nothing but a great effort from Westy and his team. It was just an innocent enquiry as to why none of the Wakering game is in the promotional video. Surely all those Town fans who missed out on the funding this time around would like to see the action. Never mind, I guess it’s all still a bit raw🤣🤣🤣

23 minutes ago, le boss said:

Nobody is saying that there is nothing but a great effort from Westy and his team. It was just an innocent enquiry as to why none of the Wakering game is in the promotional video. Surely all those Town fans who missed out on the funding this time around would like to see the action. Never mind, I guess it’s all still a bit raw🤣🤣🤣

What's the score from underlane tonight? Just asking for a friend as your director of football stopped posting when you were 3-0 up at half time.

In all honesty it’s been a great effort from Falmouth in the FA Vase this season taking into account some of the fancied teams they’ve had to play, with a squad littered with a number of widely unknown/inexperienced players at this level. Most people at the start of the season would have expected the more fancied teams in Cornwall and Devon to get to the latter stages of the FA Vase, but not Falmouth. It doesn’t sound like a great performance against un-fancied Great Wakering Rovers, but perhaps they’re better than what everybody thinks, especially if they get to the final by overcoming Worcester City in the semi-final.

The video was the work of our media man Will and as years tick by future generations will see videos like this with Towns achievements plus the colour, support and atmosphere the F-Troop bring to matches and will hopefully be inspired to carry on supporting our great football club. I know this... supporting Falmouth Town since helping reform the F-Troop has been an amazing experience and an honour to be involved. 

Just back from watching the semi-final of the Tracy Banfield cup at Wendron, Falmouth Town reserves v Helston Development. Half time score was 3-0 to Helston, full time score was 3-4 to a very young Falmouth Town side. Playing Newquays 1st team goalkeeper Adam Robathan plus Harrison Jewel and Kai Cornish from their 1st team didn't work for Helston as in the 2nd half Town ran them ragged :( .  Sweet indeed and well done to those super young Ambers. The future looks very bright.  UTMT.

8 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

The video was the work of our media man Will and as years tick by future generations will see videos like this with Towns achievements plus the colour, support and atmosphere the F-Troop bring to matches and will hopefully be inspired to carry on supporting our great football club. I know this... supporting Falmouth Town since helping reform the F-Troop has been an amazing experience and an honour to be involved. 

Just back from watching the semi-final of the Tracy Banfield cup at Wendron, Falmouth Town reserves v Helston Development. Half time score was 3-0 to Helston, full time score was 3-4 to a very young Falmouth Town side. Playing Newquays 1st team goalkeeper Adam Robathan plus Harrison Jewel and Kai Cornish from their 1st team didn't work for Helston as in the 2nd half Town ran them ragged :( .  Sweet indeed and well done to those super young Ambers. The future looks very bright.  UTMT.

Who was the Malvern player you had on Saturday? How did that go? 🤣🤣🤣

38 minutes ago, le boss said:

Who was the Malvern player you had on Saturday? How did that go? 🤣🤣🤣

With our 2 main strikers Oscar Massey and Ruben Wilson cup tied plus winger Luke Barner suspended, also James Swan and Max Everall injured we never had a natural centre forward in our biggest game for 37 years. Jordan Annear has signed for Town every season for the past 7 or 8 years and has featured in games over those years, he lives away otherwise he would play full time for the Ambers as he's Town through and through and played for us full time when Westy took over as manager. He was available and Westy picked him. Massey, Wilson, Swan, Everall and Barner will be available  good Friday though as we hope to do the double over our Devon populated rivals Helston ;) . 

The video posted is a collection of the highlights of our FA Vase cup run, not highlights of the Wakering game which in all fairness we never played well and there were very few highlights. Just sit back and enjoy the noise, goals and magic of a Cornish football team doing things the right way. I'm in a good mood today so any more questions???

6 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

With our 2 main strikers Oscar Massey and Ruben Wilson cup tied plus winger Luke Barner suspended, also James Swan and Max Everall injured we never had a natural centre forward in our biggest game for 37 years. Jordan Annear has signed for Town every season for the past 7 or 8 years and has featured in games over those years, he lives away otherwise he would play full time for the Ambers as he's Town through and through and played for us full time when Westy took over as manager. He was available and Westy picked him. Massey, Wilson, Swan, Everall and Barner will be available  good Friday though as we hope to do the double over our Devon populated rivals Helston ;) . 

The video posted is a collection of the highlights of our FA Vase cup run, not highlights of the Wakering game which in all fairness we never played well and there were very few highlights. Just sit back and enjoy the noise, goals and magic of a Cornish football team doing things the right way. I'm in a good mood today so any more questions???

Has it ever occurred to your two brain cells that Helston may not have had an available keeper and where do you think Harrison has been playing for the last several seasons? Cornish has been a Helston player too for a few seasons in between going to Uni. So if you can justify Town’s selections using your reasons, then why can’t the same reasons be applied to Helston. Think you are more stupid than many give you credit for. Still no highlights of the Vase loss though?? 

2 hours ago, le boss said:

Has it ever occurred to your two brain cells that Helston may not have had an available keeper and where do you think Harrison has been playing for the last several seasons? Cornish has been a Helston player too for a few seasons in between going to Uni. So if you can justify Town’s selections using your reasons, then why can’t the same reasons be applied to Helston. Think you are more stupid than many give you credit for. Still no highlights of the Vase loss though?? 

Who was the Malvern player you had on Saturday? How did that go? 🤣🤣🤣

You ask the question above, i answer with a detailed answer and receive a rude reply. How hurtful :( You call yourself "le boss" which in English means "the man in charge" or "top dog".....really??? "le baby" would suite you far better with the amount of toys you throw out of your pram. You are an embarrassment to your football club le baby. Maybe you should actually go and watch then now and again.   

3 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Who was the Malvern player you had on Saturday? How did that go? 🤣🤣🤣

You ask the question above, i answer with a detailed answer and receive a rude reply. How hurtful :( You call yourself "le boss" which in English means "the man in charge" or "top dog".....really??? "le baby" would suite you far better with the amount of toys you throw out of your pram. You are an embarrassment to your football club le baby. Maybe you should actually go and watch then now and again.   

Says the man who wanted to fight me outside my place of work!! Oh, and it’s suit not suite. You’re welcome. 

23 minutes ago, le boss said:

Says the man who wanted to fight me outside my place of work!! Oh, and it’s suit not suite. You’re welcome. 

What a le baby you are, i wouldn't waste my time or get in trouble for a jealous, bitter man like you. What have Helston ever done to deserve a total bell end of a supporter like  you who by all accounts never attends matches. 

Oh and just to add that Jordan Annear has played 112 games for Falmouth Town scoring 94 goals but had to leave the area through work. Jordan is black & amber through and through.

Round 1 to the General lol :) 

Stay tuned for round 2 after le baby has had his morning feed :) 

Night all.  

For anyone following this who dosent know Jeff and Le Boss, they are actually two of the nicest guys you could wish to meet!! I’d hate for anyone to get the wrong idea of them! Think this might have been a wind up session gone a bit too far!! Knowing both guys like I do, they’re obviously (to their credit) both just really passionate about their football clubs!! Obviously with any local rivals there is banter galore all the time, flipping heck, I’ve been to 4 or 5 Celtic v Rangers games and that’s proper hatred I can tell you!! 

The truth of the matter is that Falmouth and Helston are both really great clubs!! Helston have always been a successful club, I remember playing their old Combo league champions teams as a kid, tough place to go with some great people at the club including their old chairman Barry and Le Boss! Superb hard and fair defender I first met at about u16 level!! They’ve now got another great chairman in Paul and Mass has come in and took the club to another level completely, facilities wise and on the pitch, winning trophies and looking good at the top of the Western league with a cracking youth and ladies set up, nothing not to like about Helston.

And obviously I’m pretty biased I know but Falmouth Town if you take the ground, the history, the support base, is the biggest club in Cornwall for me, and I’m a Truro boy born and raised!!! I’m sure some City fans will disagree!? I was called Judas quite a few times playing down the road for Town but I wouldn’t have swapped it for the world!! The old F Troop were always a brilliant 12th man for us and a big part of our successes back then as I’m sure Tommy will agree, we had a special group of lads but we would have been nothing without such fantastic support!! And the job Jeff has done after a few lean years for the club, where we nearly said a farewell to Bickland Park even, if it wasn’t for another fantastic chairman in Graham, to get such unbelievable support in that Packet End with the “new” F Troop formed again with all its noise and colour and getting people going back to support Town that have been away for years and new young supporters that will be the future, Jeff and the gang deserve immense credit.

Im not trying to be a referee or anything but I was reading this thread and thinking, this is mad!! Two lovely blokes bickering away but just supporting different clubs who in many ways are very similar!! Two fantastic chairman, proper football blokes, two brilliant young managers in Westy and Cusi who have taken their teams to great levels the last couple of seasons winning trophies and playing some of the best football we’ve seen in the county for years, and some talented young players coming through both clubs that will only get better. I can fully understand the jealousy that other clubs would have for these two clubs, both successful on and off the field with two of the best set ups in Cornwall. 

Anyway I’ve just watched the Last Samurai on Sky movies for about the 10th time in 20 odd years and it’s 1am and I was just about to go to bed when I saw this!!! Just want everyone to know that Jeff & Le Boss are both great blokes really!! Hope you two guys can have a handshake and a pint on Good Friday and agree to disagree that youre both passionate, got good banter and support brilliant football clubs!!! 🍻🍻    Night All x 👍

8 hours ago, RAPPO said:

For anyone following this who dosent know Jeff and Le Boss, they are actually two of the nicest guys you could wish to meet!! I’d hate for anyone to get the wrong idea of them! Think this might have been a wind up session gone a bit too far!! Knowing both guys like I do, they’re obviously (to their credit) both just really passionate about their football clubs!! Obviously with any local rivals there is banter galore all the time, flipping heck, I’ve been to 4 or 5 Celtic v Rangers games and that’s proper hatred I can tell you!! 

The truth of the matter is that Falmouth and Helston are both really great clubs!! Helston have always been a successful club, I remember playing their old Combo league champions teams as a kid, tough place to go with some great people at the club including their old chairman Barry and Le Boss! Superb hard and fair defender I first met at about u16 level!! They’ve now got another great chairman in Paul and Mass has come in and took the club to another level completely, facilities wise and on the pitch, winning trophies and looking good at the top of the Western league with a cracking youth and ladies set up, nothing not to like about Helston.

And obviously I’m pretty biased I know but Falmouth Town if you take the ground, the history, the support base, is the biggest club in Cornwall for me, and I’m a Truro boy born and raised!!! I’m sure some City fans will disagree!? I was called Judas quite a few times playing down the road for Town but I wouldn’t have swapped it for the world!! The old F Troop were always a brilliant 12th man for us and a big part of our successes back then as I’m sure Tommy will agree, we had a special group of lads but we would have been nothing without such fantastic support!! And the job Jeff has done after a few lean years for the club, where we nearly said a farewell to Bickland Park even, if it wasn’t for another fantastic chairman in Graham, to get such unbelievable support in that Packet End with the “new” F Troop formed again with all its noise and colour and getting people going back to support Town that have been away for years and new young supporters that will be the future, Jeff and the gang deserve immense credit.

Im not trying to be a referee or anything but I was reading this thread and thinking, this is mad!! Two lovely blokes bickering away but just supporting different clubs who in many ways are very similar!! Two fantastic chairman, proper football blokes, two brilliant young managers in Westy and Cusi who have taken their teams to great levels the last couple of seasons winning trophies and playing some of the best football we’ve seen in the county for years, and some talented young players coming through both clubs that will only get better. I can fully understand the jealousy that other clubs would have for these two clubs, both successful on and off the field with two of the best set ups in Cornwall. 

Anyway I’ve just watched the Last Samurai on Sky movies for about the 10th time in 20 odd years and it’s 1am and I was just about to go to bed when I saw this!!! Just want everyone to know that Jeff & Le Boss are both great blokes really!! Hope you two guys can have a handshake and a pint on Good Friday and agree to disagree that youre both passionate, got good banter and support brilliant football clubs!!! 🍻🍻    Night All x 👍

Get on Rappo you legend.

Honestly mate, its only banter however i was a tad annoyed when le boss wrote i wanted a fight  outside his place of work, really  ? dear me, totally fabricated.

I do remember saying we knew where he worked because he's continually negative about Falmouth Town but that was directed at the fact he hides behind a false name and gives it the large. 

Anyway, that aside, thanks for your post Mark, pure class mate and i promise to be nicer to our Helston rival le boss and when we visit them on Good Friday. He is free to buy me a Bacardi & coke lol. :) 

17 minutes ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Get on Rappo you legend.

Honestly mate, its only banter however i was a tad annoyed when le boss wrote i wanted a fight  outside his place of work, really  ? dear me, totally fabricated.

I do remember saying we knew where he worked because he's continually negative about Falmouth Town but that was directed at the fact he hides behind a false name and gives it the large. 

Anyway, that aside, thanks for your post Mark, pure class mate and i promise to be nicer to our Helston rival le boss and when we visit them on Good Friday. He is free to buy me a Bacardi & coke lol. :) 

Hopefully both sides get promoted into the Southern League Div 1 next season, and this rivalry can continue (perhaps dialled down a bit though) and where they can also resume acquaintances with Mousehole. Something to look forward to. 

2 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

Hopefully both sides get promoted into the Southern League Div 1 next season, and this rivalry can continue (perhaps dialled down a bit though) and where they can also resume acquaintances with Mousehole. Something to look forward to. 

At Mousehole we really really miss them 😁

I’m done. My comments have always been my own defending my club that has always been good to me and all teams and visiting fans. Sorry if people don’t like being called out but when my club is criticised for something then those criticising do exactly the same thing shortly afterwards then I will gently remind them and I don’t give two hoots if people don’t like it. My account will now cease to prevent further so called bickering. Best of luck to Westy and his team and I hope they finish behind my club - the chairman and our very good manager certainly deserve the success. 💙💙💙

9 minutes ago, le boss said:

I’m done. My comments have always been my own defending my club that has always been good to me and all teams and visiting fans. Sorry if people don’t like being called out but when my club is criticised for something then those criticising do exactly the same thing shortly afterwards then I will gently remind them and I don’t give two hoots if people don’t like it. My account will now cease to prevent further so called bickering. Best of luck to Westy and his team and I hope they finish behind my club - the chairman and our very good manager certainly deserve the success. 💙💙💙

That's a shame. Hope you reconsider.

7 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

That's a shame. Hope you reconsider.

You can't stop posting Le Bash. Mattelot will have no one to bounce off! 

Town and Helston rivalry is one of the enjoyable parts of being involved with either club. (Although I suspect Town fans feel it more acutely than Helston ones)

The exchange on here got a bit fraught but mostly it is all good fun and it would be a shame to lose another top contributor who in my opinion is mostly sensible and honest and just enjoys a good wind-up. All part of being on a forum I suppose.

Hope you reconsider too.

On 15/03/2024 at 15:16, le boss said:

great , best thing youve done !!!!!!!!!