Callington Town    2-3   St Dennis

Mullion    3-4   Bodmin Town

Penzance    0-3   Newquay

Sticker    0-1  Launceston

Truro City Reserves    1-3   Dobwalls

Wadebridge Town    0-3   Liskeard Athletic

Wendron United    5-3   Holsworthy

1 hour ago, silly billy said:

2-0 to Liskeard at Wadebridge half time .Lack of discipline from Liskeard in the last couple of minutes. One player red carded, one in the sin bin, and one manager (Bobby) red carded. Lol.

Mr Edge getting the decisions spot on in my opinion 😬

Thought the initial decision to be honest was harsh! 

Had nice afternoon watching The Bridger vs Liskeard weather could of been better me and Smokie got soaked nice to talk to Deacs and various other people .

I thought the game was very 1 sided Liskeard dominated the play with Max Gilbert running the show until he got sent off by Shaun the book didnt see the incedent from where i was standing so i cant pass my opinion but Max Gilbert i thought was brilliant and would of been my MOM but then goes and gets sent off you would pay the entrance money just to watch him play class player .

Liskeard went 1 -0 when the Wadebridge failed to clear the ball and young Tom Jeal in goal looked nervous and i think it was Ruben Kane that scored but not sure about that Harry Jeffry got there 2nd .

Wadebridge did have some shots at Corey Harvey in the Liskeard goal but they where all tame efforts would of been a different game if the brilliant goalie Rob Rosevear  was in goal and prolific goalscorer goal scorer Matt Lloyd had been fit it could of been a different scoreline , Not taking anything away from Liskeard they where very good and i looked at the calibre of players on the bench Dylan Peel ,Jarrod WOODS ,Will Larsen ,Cal Merrin who came on as a sub and scored the 3rd goal on his debut 

Its going to be a very interesting final run in to the end of the season i think it will be St austell because Liskeards brilliant player Max Gilbert will now miss 3 games due to his sending off by Shaun the Book .

My mom for Wadebridge goes to Brad Rowe he gets better every time i see the Bridge play and he was up against Jennings and Smith today and for Liskeard im not going for 1 of the big name players but im going for youngster Will Gilbert who i thought was brilliant .

Thanks for making me and Smokie welcome like we always are at Wadebridge i dont come there to watch the footy i come for the Pasty and the brilliant program .

Nearly forgot was nice talking to Wadebridge physio Sade i was going to say Matts wife but i dont know if they are married yet if they are not save me a bit of wedding cake but its got to have Marzipan in it im addicted to that . 

Ok thats the end to War and Peace See you again soon Wadebridge Wendron Match if Newquay have not got a game 

Ok have a good week fellow footy supporters 

All the way to PZ today from nqy love going there shoping before game. Good hosts as always but hate parking we got a really good team playing the best football in years. Stand out players today Downing Turner Cole and Moxham. Said last week but now we got Brodie Cole we can compete with Liskeard and the big spenders snozzle got both to play fink nqy has big part in title race

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - TUESDAY 30 JAN TO SATURDAY 3 FEB 2024
12 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Had nice afternoon watching The Bridger vs Liskeard weather could of been better me and Smokie got soaked nice to talk to Deacs and various other people .

I thought the game was very 1 sided Liskeard dominated the play with Max Gilbert running the show until he got sent off by Shaun the book didnt see the incedent from where i was standing so i cant pass my opinion but Max Gilbert i thought was brilliant and would of been my MOM but then goes and gets sent off you would pay the entrance money just to watch him play class player .

Liskeard went 1 -0 when the Wadebridge failed to clear the ball and young Tom Jeal in goal looked nervous and i think it was Ruben Kane that scored but not sure about that Harry Jeffry got there 2nd .

Wadebridge did have some shots at Corey Harvey in the Liskeard goal but they where all tame efforts would of been a different game if the brilliant goalie Rob Rosevear  was in goal and prolific goalscorer goal scorer Matt Lloyd had been fit it could of been a different scoreline , Not taking anything away from Liskeard they where very good and i looked at the calibre of players on the bench Dylan Peel ,Jarrod WOODS ,Will Larsen ,Cal Merrin who came on as a sub and scored the 3rd goal on his debut 

Its going to be a very interesting final run in to the end of the season i think it will be St austell because Liskeards brilliant player Max Gilbert will now miss 3 games due to his sending off by Shaun the Book .

My mom for Wadebridge goes to Brad Rowe he gets better every time i see the Bridge play and he was up against Jennings and Smith today and for Liskeard im not going for 1 of the big name players but im going for youngster Will Gilbert who i thought was brilliant .

Thanks for making me and Smokie welcome like we always are at Wadebridge i dont come there to watch the footy i come for the Pasty and the brilliant program .

Nearly forgot was nice talking to Wadebridge physio Sade i was going to say Matts wife but i dont know if they are married yet if they are not save me a bit of wedding cake but its got to have Marzipan in it im addicted to that . 

Ok thats the end to War and Peace See you again soon Wadebridge Wendron Match if Newquay have not got a game 

Ok have a good week fellow footy supporters 

Please don't ever stop doing these reports Steve,they r quality,shaun the book had me in stitches lol

Also well done St dennis proving all but 1 person on the predictions thing wrong again,decent result that against a decent Callington side

PENZANCE 0 NEWQUAY 3

Penzance were unable to capitalise on a promising start and slipped to a disappointing defeat at home to a strong Newquay team.

Tyler Tonkin and Darryl Richards both went close in the opening moments for the home side but, once those chances had slipped away, the match was dominated by the high-flying Peppermints. Visiting midfielder Tom Shepherd forced Will Trenoweth into a good low save after twelve minutes. The Penzance gloveman then did even better to tip a thunderous Cam Turner free-kick on to the bar. But reprieve was temporary – from the resultant corner Scott Hannigan ghosted in front of the defence at the near post to divert the ball home.

Another Newquay defender, Harry Downing, doubled the lead after 39 minutes, emphatically volleying home a Shepherd free-kick. But Penzance were unlucky not to reduce the deficit on the stroke of half-time, Silas Sullivan seeing his fine shot tipped on to the cross-bar by Brodie Cole.

The Newquay keeper was again in the thick of the action straight after the restart – saving from Charlie Willis. Just after the hour mark, Harry Tilston missed a sitter – from Downing’s knock-back of a deep Turner cross. The visiting centre-forward though played a part in his side’s final goal just sixty seconds later. He harried Mark Vercesi, returning to the Penzance defence after injury, into a back-pass that caught Trenoweth unawares and bobbled into the net – the final ignominy of an afternoon his side will wish to forget.

“We could have been two up in the first five minutes,” rued Magpies manager Ashley Waters afterwards. “We have to take those opportunities. Newquay then dominated the game and got what they deserved. We've progressed as a team this season, and this will be another test to see a reaction going into the Bude fixture next Saturday.”

Penzance: Will Trenoweth, Archie Reynolds, Alfie Turner, Ollie Butler (Kam Collins 54), Liam Andrew, Mark Vercesi, Jacob Trudgeon (James Butler 57), Silas Sullivan (Freddie Neaum 84), Tyler Tonkin, Darryl Richards (Rolandos Samnauskas 74), Charlie Willis (Gareth Ireson-Ward 90)

Newquay: Brodie Cook, Scott Hannigan, Tom Moxham, Matty Sanders, Harry Downing, Ross Fallens, Tom Shepherd, Cam Turner, Harry Tilston, Phil Lowry, Alex Cole. Subs: Coen Briggs, Callum Edlin, Ewen Travers, Ryan Beer, Rudi Sharp

Referee: Andrew Hobbs

Assistants: Ian Pattison, Stuart Bowden

39 minutes ago, Both SIdes of the Tamar said:

He is keen on brandishing cards galore. Not commenting on the Gilbert dismissal as I wasn't there.

The ref did what he thought best, he hasn't got replays and multiple angles to check. Would be nice to see some of the managers have a go at reffing as it must be a tricky job, not made any easier by being yelled at by managers etc. No wonder Bobby got red carded. Behave like adults get treated like adults, otherwise risk a red card.

Shaun does have a reputation of showing the card a lot lets say he likes to be centre of attraction i have seen him have some brilliant games but i bet when the managers hear he is going to ref there match theres a big sigh followed by not him 

I see Newquay got 2 new signings in Brodie Cooke and Scott Hannigan must be good players to replace Brodie Cole and Scott Flannigan DSCN6062.thumb.JPG.1a5c5505484f690cd4981e6bd6e4cbe8.JPG

DSCN5950.JPG

DSCN6014.JPG

8 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Shaun does have a reputation of showing the card a lot lets say he likes to be centre of attraction i have seen him have some brilliant games but i bet when the managers hear he is going to ref there match theres a big sigh followed by not him 

I see Newquay got 2 new signings in Brodie Cooke and Scott Hannigan must be good players to replace Brodie Cole and Scott Flannigan DSCN6062.thumb.JPG.1a5c5505484f690cd4981e6bd6e4cbe8.JPG

DSCN5950.JPG

DSCN6014.JPG

If they think Shaun likes the cards just behave and not give him reason to issue them, it's not rocket science 

Shaun + Bobby = cards...

As a Liskeard supporter I love the passion but didn't Lee M say that him, Darren and Bobby has spoken about their own discipline prior to the season? Doesn't seem like it's started well in 2024 for Bob.

On 05/02/2024 at 16:09, sportsman10 said:

I mean when your down to referee liskeard or Bude you can’t blame the Ref for spending a few extra hours Friday night ironing the creases out of his red and yellow cards 

Well, it’s not quite strictly true is it. Yellow cards, 5 teams have collected more than Bude. Sin Bins, 7 teams have collected more than Bude. Now if we get on to Reds,  I’m just going to say, my broadband is cutting out, so I need to go 😉🤣 Joking apart, they are leaders by quite some distance on this front unfortunately, but have to say, it’s probably an even split between last man defending and foul play. Not justifying it, but again, joking or not, a wee sly dig just keep the myth rolling on that Bude will kick you up and down the park. It’s simply not true. 

3 hours ago, Scott Foley - The Jam Tart said:

Well, it’s not quite strictly true is it. Yellow cards, 5 teams have collected more than Bude. Sin Bins, 7 teams have collected more than Bude. Now if we get on to Reds,  I’m just going to say, my broadband is cutting out, so I need to go 😉🤣 Joking apart, they are leaders by quite some distance on this front unfortunately, but have to say, it’s probably an even split between last man defending and foul play. Not justifying it, but again, joking or not, a wee sly dig just keep the myth rolling on that Bude will kick you up and down the park. It’s simply not true. 

But it simply is true, you just said  they have more red cards than any other team by quite some distance. ,😆

24 minutes ago, silly billy said:

But it simply is true, you just said  they have more red cards than any other team by quite some distance. ,😆

Well you say that, however there are two teams in the division who have collected more overall cards and Sinbins than Bude, and for the record one of them isn’t Liskeard. 
So whilst an interesting point, it’s not factual and is based on………..Not sure tbh. Maybe someone told you down the pub or maybe you read it on a forum somewhere 😉😆

Im all for Bude being called out and their Red cards, 9 in total is ridiculous, however there are teams out there who have fouled/broken the rules/thrown a punch/called the ref a **** more often than Bude. I bet you can’t name them? 

Oh and btw, you should check out the East division. 6 teams with worst records than Bude. You’d be scared to raise your voice watching some of those teams. You’d definitely get a slap for your troubles 😆

The Peninsula League award points against teams dependant on the nature of the offences the more serious the offence, the more points awarded.

For the record Bude prop up the Peninsula West disciplinary league with 9 x reds, 31 x yellows, and 4 x sin bins giving a total of 122 points awarded.

I don't know how many points are awarded for various cards, but Budes total doesn't add up compared to points awarded to other teams, perhaps someone can enlighten us on how the points per card are awarded.

Using guesswork admittedly we think Bude total is wrong.

13 minutes ago, The Badger said:

i thought it was 4 for a red, 2 for a yellow and 1 for a sin bin

Thank you.
In that case Bude have 9 x reds = 36pts  31 yellows = 62pts and 4x sin bins = 4 pts a total of 202points 20 less than shown on the Peninsula  table but still leaves Bude at the bottom of the disciplinary league, but by 8 points rather than 28.