Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - SATURDAY, 2ND DECEMBER, 2023

PREMIER DIVISION EAST

Gunnislake 9-0 Launceston (2.00pm kick-off)

Polperro P-P Altarnun

St. Mawgan 5-0 North Petherwin

PREMIER DIVISION WEST

Hayle 2-2 Porthleven

Illogan RBL 3-6 St. Just

Mullion 0-3 St. Day

TRACY BANFIELD CUP (ALL 2.00PM KICK-OFF)

Pendeen Rovers 2-3 Millbrook (1st Round)

Falmouth Town 5-1 Callington Town (2nd Round)

Helston Athletic Development 1 4-1 Saltash Borough

DIVISION 1 EAST

Boscastle 2-2 Kilkhampton

Foxhole Stars P-P St. Blazey

Liskeard Athletic P-P Wadebridge Town

Newquay 1-0 Torpoint Athletic

St. Columb Major 0-6 St. Newlyn East

St. Stephen 3-2 Looe

DIVISION 1 WEST

Ludgvan 4-1 Camborne School of Mines

Porthleven 0-3 RNAS Culdrose

St. Agnes 1-5 St. Ives Town

St. Day P-P Wendron

Threemilestone 2-0 Troon

West Cornwall 3-4 Hayle

• Dave Deacon changed the title to FIXTURES - SATURDAY, 2ND DECEMBER, 2023

Thoroughly enjoyable game at Falmouth v Callington, both sides playing some nice football on the floor and the 5¬1scoreline doesn't give the Callington youngsters the credit they are due for their part. 

Falmouth started quickly working the ball in the Callington box a d Rubin Wilson scoring from yards. Both sides created chances in the first half and Callington  would have equalised if it wasn't for a smart save by Zach Telling, diving full stretch to his right. 

Second half and Falmouth were again quick starters, a move down the right wing, a low cross and there was Finn Robinson to turn it in. Then 3 goals in 10 minutes just after the hour mark, firstly Callington Jan Kerr drove in from the edge of the box, replied by Wilson with a sharp turn and a powerful finish from the edge of the box too. Wilson completed a hatrick with some smart footwork, holding off the defender in the box. Falmouth hit the post a minute later, but took until 5 minutes from the end to score again, Oli Pickup scoring from the edge of the box. 

Thanks to both teams for an entertaining  and engaging display.

3 hours ago, forest said:

Thoroughly enjoyable game at Falmouth v Callington, both sides playing some nice football on the floor and the 5¬1scoreline doesn't give the Callington youngsters the credit they are due for their part. 

Falmouth started quickly working the ball in the Callington box a d Rubin Wilson scoring from yards. Both sides created chances in the first half and Callington  would have equalised if it wasn't for a smart save by Zach Telling, diving full stretch to his right. 

Second half and Falmouth were again quick starters, a move down the right wing, a low cross and there was Finn Robinson to turn it in. Then 3 goals in 10 minutes just after the hour mark, firstly Callington Jan Kerr drove in from the edge of the box, replied by Wilson with a sharp turn and a powerful finish from the edge of the box too. Wilson completed a hatrick with some smart footwork, holding off the defender in the box. Falmouth hit the post a minute later, but took until 5 minutes from the end to score again, Oli Pickup scoring from the edge of the box. 

Totally agree good game to watch , deserved win for Falmouth in the end but have to say I was also impressed with Callington, a young team playing decent football who if they stick together will only improve.

Edit… Forgot to mention as they rarely get praise but the ref had a very good game, got decisions right, kept game flowing. 👏👏

Edited by Falmouthman
Forgot the good ref!

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - SATURDAY, 2ND DECEMBER, 2023

Prem West 1

Illogan RBL 3, St Just 6

A very competitive game in unpleasant conditions, the last 10 minutes or so played in deep gloom with heavy very cold rain for much of the 2nd half.

0 - 1 (13) Ashley Ellis

1 - 1 (24) Jordan Knuckey. Everyone stopped for an offside shout with the Lino pretty indecisive and after a pause in play Knuckey, hearing no whistle, took advantage.

1 - 2 (36) T

inners' No 6

1 - 3 (40) Jack Wills

1 - 4 (44) o.g.

2 - 4 (45) Ned Pritchard

2 - 5 (51) Ellis again

2 - 6 (84) ?? header from a left-wing corner.

3 - 6 (90) Steve Abbott penalty.

Plenty of goals for the entry money! Brings St Just level on points with Illogan in mid-table, with, strangely, a far worse goal difference.

Hot choc still the standard £1 but certainly welcome on a day like today! Big UP for the teahut lady!

Isaac Rosenberg would have enjoyed this one. Many of the usual faces: Simon and his mates, Clive Roberts, Mona (for about 30 minutes spanning half-time), David James and of course Lester Thomas who has taken a bit of a step back but still serves the club despite being the same age as me!

A cold and wet afternoon down Mullion today, was working in Culdrose anyway so wasn’t much of a journey! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Both sides gave a great game, some really good players in both teams too this season. Couldn’t help but notice no Joffy or Lee today? I’m sure they’ll be happy with the win anyway. Great support from Dan Richards on the sideline, unsure if he’s injured or banned? Could someone enlighten me?

Two great goals by Dobbo and the boy Buckley, a tidy penalty at the start by Marks. Mullion battled till the end despite weather conditions. A cracking game all in all to watch. 

(Fantastic cuppa tea in Mullions own branded mugs, what a treat!) 

14 hours ago, forest said:

Couldn’t agree more I took the trip to bickland today and was impressed with callington who tried to play nice football up against a very good footballing side in Falmouth town.. 5-1 and well deserved for Falmouth who stepped up in the second half.

not many mention but could be looking at a title push themselves as I overheard they were also missing 4/5 with call ups to the 1sts and injuries. Will certainly be keeping an eye on their results. Also callington as I think they will step up their league very soon looking at todays match

Threemilestone 2-0 Troon

Very proud of my boys yesterday, after failing to raise a side for games against St Ives & North Petherwin recently, no game for 5 weeks, & sitting 2nd bottom in the table, we welcomed table toppers Troon to Boscowan Park.

It turned out to be an absolute cracker, great football played by both teams, both goalkeepers on top form also. Tms missed some real clear cut chances & I was starting to worry that it might come back to haunt us, but we took the 3 points with a late brace from Matt McIlroy.

Tms midfield 3 of Luke Osborne, Alex Hayhoe & James Davies were superb as well as captain Tom Goodman & debutant Lewis Ellis. But mom goes the to big fella Matt McIlroy for his match winning goals. 

Everyone has worked so hard behind the scenes to keep this club going & it feels so good get our rewards. 

4 hours ago, Glen Patterson said:

Threemilestone 2-0 Troon

Very proud of my boys yesterday, after failing to raise a side for games against St Ives & North Petherwin recently, no game for 5 weeks, & sitting 2nd bottom in the table, we welcomed table toppers Troon to Boscowan Park.

It turned out to be an absolute cracker, great football played by both teams, both goalkeepers on top form also. Tms missed some real clear cut chances & I was starting to worry that it might come back to haunt us, but we took the 3 points with a late brace from Matt McIlroy.

Tms midfield 3 of Luke Osborne, Alex Hayhoe & James Davies were superb as well as captain Tom Goodman & debutant Lewis Ellis. But mom goes the to big fella Matt McIlroy for his match winning goals. 

Everyone has worked so hard behind the scenes to keep this club going & it feels so good get our rewards. 

Sounds like a decent little side you're putting together mate 

On 02/12/2023 at 21:40, Tom Trust said:

Prem West 1

Illogan RBL 3, St Just 6

A very competitive game in unpleasant conditions, the last 10 minutes or so played in deep gloom with heavy very cold rain for much of the 2nd half.

0 - 1 (13) Ashley Ellis

1 - 1 (24) Jordan Knuckey. Everyone stopped for an offside shout with the Lino pretty indecisive and after a pause in play Knuckey, hearing no whistle, took advantage.

1 - 2 (36) T

inners' No 6

1 - 3 (40) Jack Wills

1 - 4 (44) o.g.

2 - 4 (45) Ned Pritchard

2 - 5 (51) Ellis again

2 - 6 (84) ?? header from a left-wing corner.

3 - 6 (90) Steve Abbott penalty.

Plenty of goals for the entry money! Brings St Just level on points with Illogan in mid-table, with, strangely, a far worse goal difference.

Hot choc still the standard £1 but certainly welcome on a day like today! Big UP for the teahut lady!

Isaac Rosenberg would have enjoyed this one. Many of the usual faces: Simon and his mates, Clive Roberts, Mona (for about 30 minutes spanning half-time), David James and of course Lester Thomas who has taken a bit of a step back but still serves the club despite being the same age as me!

I hope all is well with Isaac? It must be gutting to miss his teams games now. I can only imagine the score if both him and Lester were running the line together. Terry and Mikeys pockets would have been burning significantly.