Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Tuesday 10 October 2023

This isn’t an “anti Bude” post which I see people being accused of on here. More of a question.

However from what I can see their lineup has River Allen, Alfie Moulden, Baga Mariko and Kieran Parkin in it tonight. Seems an unusually high number of extra players or am I missing something obvious?

6 minutes ago, Tavi Fan said:

This isn’t an “anti Bude” post which I see people being accused of on here. More of a question.

However from what I can see their lineup has River Allen, Alfie Moulden, Baga Mariko and Kieran Parkin in it tonight. Seems an unusually high number of extra players or am I missing something obvious?

They have about 6-7 suspensions to key players so they’ve decided Callington deserve to play against Southern League and Western League players as a little treat. That’s my prediction out the window I imagine. I wonder how their reserve players feel. 

16 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

They have about 6-7 suspensions to key players so they’ve decided Callington deserve to play against Southern League and Western League players as a little treat. That’s my prediction out the window I imagine. I wonder how their reserve players feel. 

Half time and it’s 1-0 to Bude. One team looks like they have players with individual brilliance whilst the other looks more of a unit with more effort despite the score line. With some good players on show I wouldn’t be surprised if Bude scored again however Bude don’t look too assertive at the back.

The suspended Tornado Bello is in the dugout dishing out very loud instructions too!

Not a bad game so far!

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday 10 October 2023
24 minutes ago, Blues1995 said:

Emphatic win for Bude that! Expected more from Callington at home - Bude’s defence not great 

You could see a few of the Bude players tonight regularly play at a higher level. Thought Callington knocked it about well (first half and last 20 mins) but dare I say lacked higher quality up top themselves and should’ve tested the Bude defence a lot more.

Do Bude have a reserve side as alluded to in a post further up?

Callington looked so poor in the final 3rd tonight. Some good patterns of play at times and plenty of hard work but just not enough quality and not strong enough defensively 

Bude deserve the win. Helps that they had a few ringers in to help. Be very interesting to see what the rule is on tornado being in the dugout running the show when he’s suspended 

3 minutes ago, Martin McHugh said:

Rule 4.07 Comment: If a manager, coach or player is under suspension he may not be in the dugout or press box during the course of a game.

Rule breaking? Award the points to Cally?!

2 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

So they are bereft of players due to poor behaviour, yet Cally get punished by facing even better players. Hmm.

A well deserved win for Bude and it appears they had a couple of ‘ringers’ in. Pretty sure that’s not against the rules but as they are the first team to ever do this 😉 I’m sure they will have a chance to defend themselves in front of the beaks. Or maybe it’s just what clubs do 🤷🏻‍♂️

A good match up in the first half with Bude maybe just deserving the lead, however, it was a much more dominant performance in the second and some nice build up play to the goals. 

A game played in good spirit and refereed well. 
A sizeable support from Bude traveled as well 👌🏻

Actually Cally v Bude a decent game! I though the first half was pretty even with Cally unlucky to be behind at the break. Second half the Seasiders the better, more fluent and (critically) clinical in front of goal. A deserved away win.

Of the 4 games I've seen them play this season this was the least Impressive. The final ball not quite there tonight. However, considering this is largely the Gunni team of last season, there is lots of reasons for optimism.. Certainty Cally a good watch. Plenty of skill, endeavour and ta good eam ethic. IMO they are far more likely to develop into something better than the allegedly 'fast improving' Lanson or any of the usual suspects regularly in the bottom 6.

Baga Mariko classed as a ringer 🤣 he’s played all season for Bude, played 2 games for helston and he’s suddenly a ringer, granted they did have 3 ringers in with river, Alfie and Kieran but they also had their gaffa playing at the back who scored a pen and second teamers on the bench. They would have had more but for the rule that they’d be cup tied for the reserves. With 7 suspensions I thought Bude did brilliantly tonight and conducted themselves very well. Home and away support very loud and entertaining to watch. The 3 ‘ringers’ were brilliant and so were the rest of the Bude contingent but well done to cally! Bude the better team but score line probably unfair on them. 

2 minutes ago, J dubz said:

Baga Mariko classed as a ringer 🤣 he’s played all season for Bude, played 2 games for helston and he’s suddenly a ringer, granted they did have 3 ringers in with river, Alfie and Kieran but they also had their gaffa playing at the back who scored a pen and second teamers on the bench. They would have had more but for the rule that they’d be cup tied for the reserves. With 7 suspensions I thought Bude did brilliantly tonight and conducted themselves very well. Home and away support very loud and entertaining to watch. The 3 ‘ringers’ were brilliant and so were the rest of the Bude contingent but well done to cally! Bude the better team but score line probably unfair on them. 

Fair enough I may have got it wrong on Mariko. I don’t have my fingers on the pulse of every player at step 6. I seen that he had been playing for Helston recently so I assumed they were now his main club. Although I do wonder if Helston had a game tonight would he have played for Bude? 🤣

5 minutes ago, J dubz said:

Also what is the cup tied rule you’re referring to please? 

45 minutes ago, Tavi Fan said:

Fair enough I may have got it wrong on Mariko. I don’t have my fingers on the pulse of every player at step 6. I seen that he had been playing for Helston recently so I assumed they were now his main club. Although I do wonder if Helston had a game tonight would he have played for Bude? 🤣

Also what is the cup tied rule you’re referring to please? 

Not 100% sure but I think when they have played 3 games for the first team they are cup tied for reserve games, not sure if this includes league but I believe so. There is 2/3 players that have played 2 for the first team but couldn’t play another due to this rule. It needs to be looked at. That said there was still 2 second teamers on the bench and their gaffer played CB

22 minutes ago, Plympep said:

Hopefully they’ll have a few fingers in Saturday to hopefully give Liskeard a bit of a game unlike the last time they played 😉

Liskeard are a quality side Bude won’t (and haven’t) be the only side they beat heavily this year. They’re a class above… on the pitch.

Would love to know the amount bude paid out tonight to get 3 points at mid table callington, farcical really that bude can field a stronger side than they’ve had all season with these ringers, even though the suspension rule is in place to punish teams for bad discipline. I’d love a referee’s opinion on tornado being in the dugout… 

13 hours ago, Tavi Fan said:

The suspended Tornado Bello is in the dugout dishing out very loud instructions too!

Surely not!

10 hours ago, The Jam Tart said:

A well deserved win for Bude and it appears they had a couple of ‘ringers’ in. Pretty sure that’s not against the rules but as they are the first team to ever do this 😉 I’m sure they will have a chance to defend themselves in front of the beaks. Or maybe it’s just what clubs do 🤷🏻‍♂️

Happens across the board and is in line with the rules. With so many Cornish & Devon teams above Step 6 now, dual registration is much more common across the Leagues.

2 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

And the bude story goes on. Why would you pay out that sort of money in such a poor league!! 😂😂

How much have they paid out? Im really interested to know as I haven’t the first clue how much they pay their players each game, let alone a team full of ringers. Got to be hundreds of pounds each surely.
And assuming they have paid a van load of cash for all these ‘ringers’. What is the problem with that? It can’t be that they are paying money for players to play. Lots of clubs do that, don’t they? It can’t be that they are paying ringers, lots of clubs do that, don’t they? It can’t be that they are over spending, ‘some’ clubs do that, don’t they?
Poor league/good league. Struggling to understand how Budes finances are of such interest to people. 
If someone wants to spend money on their football club, is that not an investment which is positive. Or are we saying Bude can’t spend money because it’s unfair as other clubs can’t or won’t spend money? 

Really struggling to understand the thought process with this. If it’s from a point of view that the money will run out and Bude will cease to exist, then I would fully understand the concern (not sure it’s based on fact, but you get my point). However I suspect it is just another reason to have a pop at Bude. Happy to be educated otherwise. 

How are the facilities at Bude coming on I believe is a fair question. Some of the points you make are fair enough but I struggle to see spending money on players is an 'investment' when other areas of the club could benefit. If the changing facilities for players and officials have been transformed over the last few months then well done to Bude.

I would end however by saying that personally I have never felt so demoralised by how money is impacting results and hence the league table.

7 hours ago, Grassrootsgary said:

I’d love a referee’s opinion on tornado being in the dugout… 

It is not something that is covered under laws of the game.

If he wasn't named as a substitute or technical area occupant on the team sheet then this is a competition rule breach:

"8.27 All team officials and substitutes seated on the bench shall be listed on the official Team Sheet when 
it is submitted to the Match Officials. Only those persons listed on the official Team Sheet shall be permitted in the technical area."

Which would require a report to be made to the competition i.e. SWPL, by the referee or opposing club, to investigate and raise a charge where applicable.

If reported by the referee, or the other team, then it is a matter for the local FA, in this case Cornwall FA, or the league to raise a charge, if one is applicable. 

The referee's responsibility is to report the matter, where he is, or is made, aware of it.

21 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

I actually don’t get why river Allen has turned out for Bude.  Not if he struggling for minutes at Tiverton. Surly his manger at Tiverton is not happy a key player is turning out for a game a few leagues below  midweek. Potential for injury or getting sent off is just not worth it. . 

It’s an easy £25 a game obviously 🤣

30 minutes ago, TheOpinionoftheReferee said:

It is not something that is covered under laws of the game.

If he wasn't named as a substitute or technical area occupant on the team sheet then this is a competition rule breach:

"8.27 All team officials and substitutes seated on the bench shall be listed on the official Team Sheet when 
it is submitted to the Match Officials. Only those persons listed on the official Team Sheet shall be permitted in the technical area."

Which would require a report to be made to the competition i.e. SWPL, by the referee or opposing club, to investigate and raise a charge where applicable.

If reported by the referee, or the other team, then it is a matter for the local FA, in this case Cornwall FA, or the league to raise a charge, if one is applicable. 

The referee's responsibility is to report the matter, where he is, or is made, aware of it.

So IF he was named as someone in the technical area on the team sheet that appears to be acceptable even though he’s suspended as a player? 

4 minutes ago, Tavi Fan said:

It’s an easy £25 a game obviously 🤣

😂😂😂

I same what you did there. Cheeky monkey 😉

1 hour ago, justanopinion said:

How are the facilities at Bude coming on I believe is a fair question. Some of the points you make are fair enough but I struggle to see spending money on players is an 'investment' when other areas of the club could benefit. If the changing facilities for players and officials have been transformed over the last few months then well done to Bude.

I would end however by saying that personally I have never felt so demoralised by how money is impacting results and hence the league table.

Yeah absolutely fair question. It does need a few quid spent on it. I’d guess the flood lights have taken a large percentage of any upgrade money. I hope your not suggesting that the money spent on 3 players last night was enough to rebuild the changing rooms 😉

2 minutes ago, Dane said:

Couldn’t agree more, And should be easily manageable in this digital age. 

Replace it with say a loan system where a player can’t play for his parent team for at least 30 days.

I don’t mind dual registrations to help players who need minutes. The 3 who played yesterday don’t need minutes.

3 hours ago, The Jam Tart said:

How much have they paid out? Im really interested to know as I haven’t the first clue how much they pay their players each game, let alone a team full of ringers. Got to be hundreds of pounds each surely.
And assuming they have paid a van load of cash for all these ‘ringers’. What is the problem with that? It can’t be that they are paying money for players to play. Lots of clubs do that, don’t they? It can’t be that they are paying ringers, lots of clubs do that, don’t they? It can’t be that they are over spending, ‘some’ clubs do that, don’t they?
Poor league/good league. Struggling to understand how Budes finances are of such interest to people. 
If someone wants to spend money on their football club, is that not an investment which is positive. Or are we saying Bude can’t spend money because it’s unfair as other clubs can’t or won’t spend money? 

Really struggling to understand the thought process with this. If it’s from a point of view that the money will run out and Bude will cease to exist, then I would fully understand the concern (not sure it’s based on fact, but you get my point). However I suspect it is just another reason to have a pop at Bude. Happy to be educated otherwise. 

I don’t think anyone has an issue with the budget, as you said it’s well within their right to pump money in if it’s available… I’d say in my opinion though when they are spending as much as they are on these players it maybe warrants a league position better than the bottom 7 of such a ‘poor’ league as some people are pointing out on here.

some of the bude celebrations last night you’d thought they had won the league not a game against a young new callington team who I think I’m right in saying aren’t being paid this year 🤣 

1 hour ago, Grassrootsgary said:

I don’t think anyone has an issue with the budget, as you said it’s well within their right to pump money in if it’s available… I’d say in my opinion though when they are spending as much as they are on these players it maybe warrants a league position better than the bottom 7 of such a ‘poor’ league as some people are pointing out on here.

some of the bude celebrations last night you’d thought they had won the league not a game against a young new callington team who I think I’m right in saying aren’t being paid this year 🤣 

The league position to be fair is disappointing. I can’t comment on the celebration at full time as I left on the whistle and didn’t see any by the time I’d made my way out. Not really a crime to celebrate getting a result against a team who beat you by 4 goals earlier in the season. Also I keep reading about this drop in standard. Bude pay (apparently) to bring in 3 so called ringers and guess what, raise the standard and this is the good bit, they get called out on it 🤣🤣🤪🤪🤷🏻‍♂️  Make your mind up 😉

All that aside, Callington are a decent young side.