Cullompton Rangers    1-1      Bridport

Okehampton Argyle 1-3 Newton Abbot Spurs

WEST

Bodmin Town     1-6    Callington Town

Newquay    2-3          Wendron United

Sticker    1-1         Truro City Reserves  

Wadebridge Town 2-3  AFC St Austell  

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 13 September 2023

Ryan Barnes beaten three times on his debut for Newquay tonight. A few trademark saves throughout the game kept Newquay in it though and set up a nervous last few minutes for Wendron, having gone 3-0 up and then conceding two late goals.

Coen Briggs for Newquay caught the eye and two very young-looking Newquay full backs didn't look out of place either.

Josh Wood for Wendron was unplayable when he got the service. Probably should play higher but why not stay and get there with Wendron next year?

100% record for Wendron so far so promotion is on!

5 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Bit surprised by the Callington result, they’ve been losing a few of late but guess have been playing top sides and results been close. 

I've seen Callington a fair  bit and not surprised at all, they have played some good sides and we're very unlucky except v st austal, not to pick up points, deserved a draw  at Liskeard, and they have some very promising youngsters including one 16 year old that scored 4 tonight, for me not a shock at all

Wadebridge 2 up with what seemed like  20 mins remaining thanks to two excellent strikes from Matt Lloyd, then St.Austell hit back with three goals,  Wadebridge were not done and piled on the pressure and at times the St.Austell penalty area resembled the Alimo but after what seemed an age the Referee blew for time.

What a second half and what a fightback by the Lillywhites. 😄

Incidently the Bodieve playing surface looked amazing.

9 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Bit surprised by the Callington result, they’ve been losing a few of late but guess have been playing top sides and results been close. 

I’m not surprised by the callington result to be honest with you Ron, I have watched them a few times this season and have been impressed every time, by the looks of it was the first time in weeks they’ve had they’re full squad back playing, they ran riot last night Bodmin couldn’t get near them in all honesty, good to see calli also bringing through another wave of local youngsters, 2 starting last night and one of them skews bagging 4 goals 

Very entertaining game at Mt Wise last night what a brilliant side Wendron are they play brilliant football ,actually got to meet and shake Wendron manager Mike 0,Neils hand really nice man also met Matt Potts sorry for calling you Mark also met Russ May Wendron captain who is out injured at the moment ,also good to meet Mark and Ben Rapsey and was great to chat to them and good luck to Ben scoring goals for Perranwell hope to see him at playing for Newquay 1 day.

Ok on to the match 1st i was not happy with Ryan Barnes being in goal young James Peters should of played after having a brilliant game for Newquay Res vs Liskeard Res last Saturday in a 6-0 win ,Ryan is a brilliant goalie and made some brilliant saves but Newquay should of player James its like Newquay playing a Ringer and i bet Ryan doesnt come cheap.

Newquay where having a hard time coping with the fast passing play of this great Wendron side and they couldnt cope with Josh Woods speed on the wing they couldnt get near him hes got to be the fastest player in the league .

Wendron went into a 3 goal lead with goals from Charlie Young 2 and Ryan Reeve with the goals i think ,but i would like to heap praise on the referee for Wendrons 2nd goal best bit of refereeing i have seen for a long time Newquays Ryan Beer fouled Ryan Reeve and usually most refs stop the game but this brilliant played the advantage because Wendron had the ball and scored after they had got the goal the ref booked Newquays Ryan Beer rightly so but what a brilliant bit of refereeing .

Ryan Barnes was lucky he wasnt beaten by more than 3 goals on 2 occasions he knocked the ball straight to Wendron players who both missed easy chances with a open goal when it looked easier to score . The brilliant and nice bloke Wendron Goalie Ethan Fern  wasnt having a lot to do in the Wendron goal but made 1 Worldy save just for the cameras i think Ethan 

Newquay got 2 goals back from Jay Davie and Cam TURNER free kick no surprise there but they couldnt get that 3rg goal ,but i had left before then i just could not see nothing but blurred images and i had my glasses on but they didnt help 

OK Well done Wendron hope you win the league and get some cups be injustice if you dont this season and Newquay when they are at full strength with Adam Rowbathan ,Louis Price , Harry Tillson Alex Cole and a fully fit Ross Fallens back they will be back to winning again but even if those players where playing last night i think they would of struggled against that fine Wendron side .

Ok my Mom for Newquay Matt Saunders and for Wendron Josh Wood Newquay just get near him also special mention the ref you had a brilliant game some of the other refs should take a leaf out of your book seen some bad ones and there was lots of complaints about Shaun EDGE at Bude i like Shaun but he does like to be centre of attractio unlike the ref at Newquay .

Ok Newquay onto Saturday vs Reg and his Camelford team last time i saw Reg was on the plane to Wembley to see Plymouth play . 

Thankyou to everyone who came over and say hello sorry Smokie wasnt more friendly hes really struggling i tried to leave him at home but he enjoys the football as much i do it is part of my life watching Local football .

Sorry this is so long but i do like to get everything in 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Very entertaining game at Mt Wise last night what a brilliant side Wendron are they play brilliant football ,actually got to meet and shake Wendron manager Mike 0,Neils hand really nice man also met Matt Potts sorry for calling you Mark also met Russ May Wendron captain who is out injured at the moment ,also good to meet Mark and Ben Rapsey and was great to chat to them and good luck to Ben scoring goals for Perranwell hope to see him at playing for Newquay 1 day.

Ok on to the match 1st i was not happy with Ryan Barnes being in goal young James Peters should of played after having a brilliant game for Newquay Res vs Liskeard Res last Saturday in a 6-0 win ,Ryan is a brilliant goalie and made some brilliant saves but Newquay should of player James its like Newquay playing a Ringer and i bet Ryan doesnt come cheap.

Newquay where having a hard time coping with the fast passing play of this great Wendron side and they couldnt cope with Josh Woods speed on the wing they couldnt get near him hes got to be the fastest player in the league .

Wendron went into a 3 goal lead with goals from Charlie Young 2 and Ryan Reeve with the goals i think ,but i would like to heap praise on the referee for Wendrons 2nd goal best bit of refereeing i have seen for a long time Newquays Ryan Beer fouled Ryan Reeve and usually most refs stop the game but this brilliant played the advantage because Wendron had the ball and scored after they had got the goal the ref booked Newquays Ryan Beer rightly so but what a brilliant bit of refereeing .

Ryan Barnes was lucky he wasnt beaten by more than 3 goals on 2 occasions he knocked the ball straight to Wendron players who both missed easy chances with a open goal when it looked easier to score . The brilliant and nice bloke Wendron Goalie Ethan Fern  wasnt having a lot to do in the Wendron goal but made 1 Worldy save just for the cameras i think Ethan 

Newquay got 2 goals back from Jay Davie and Cam TURNER free kick no surprise there but they couldnt get that 3rg goal ,but i had left before then i just could not see nothing but blurred images and i had my glasses on but they didnt help 

OK Well done Wendron hope you win the league and get some cups be injustice if you dont this season and Newquay when they are at full strength with Adam Rowbathan ,Louis Price , Harry Tillson Alex Cole and a fully fit Ross Fallens back they will be back to winning again but even if those players where playing last night i think they would of struggled against that fine Wendron side .

Ok my Mom for Newquay Matt Saunders and for Wendron Josh Wood Newquay just get near him also special mention the ref you had a brilliant game some of the other refs should take a leaf out of your book seen some bad ones and there was lots of complaints about Shaun EDGE at Bude i like Shaun but he does like to be centre of attractio unlike the ref at Newquay .

Ok Newquay onto Saturday vs Reg and his Camelford team last time i saw Reg was on the plane to Wembley to see Plymouth play . 

Thankyou to everyone who came over and say hello sorry Smokie wasnt more friendly hes really struggling i tried to leave him at home but he enjoys the football as much i do it is part of my life watching Local football .

Sorry this is so long but i do like to get everything in 

Nice to finally put a face to the name last night 💯% and smokie of course, long way to go but delighted with the 3 points, bit squeaky bum at the end 🤦🏻 Charlie, Reece and Reevey with the goals and your spot on with the advantage he played for the 2nd, thought he was very good, bit too much injury time for my liking 😂 all the best to Newquay really good side and will be right up there come the end

11 hours ago, The Town Man said:

Ryan Barnes beaten three times on his debut for Newquay tonight. A few trademark saves throughout the game kept Newquay in it though and set up a nervous last few minutes for Wendron, having gone 3-0 up and then conceding two late goals.

Coen Briggs for Newquay caught the eye and two very young-looking Newquay full backs didn't look out of place either.

Josh Wood for Wendron was unplayable when he got the service. Probably should play higher but why not stay and get there with Wendron next year?

100% record for Wendron so far so promotion is on!

As usual Wendron, just going about their business and going under the radar. Liskeard and St Austell are the sides that seem to catch all the attention. 

11 hours ago, tamar.man said:

I've seen Callington a fair  bit and not surprised at all, they have played some good sides and we're very unlucky except v st austal, not to pick up points, deserved a draw  at Liskeard, and they have some very promising youngsters including one 16 year old that scored 4 tonight, for me not a shock at all

Agreed, for same reasons.

11 hours ago, tamar.man said:

I'm sure they'll be very happy with their performances that I've seen, slightly disappointing their results haven't matched but I'm sure that will come with more experience at this level. Despite being Gunnislake's St Piran team from last season they look far from out of their depths.

Hopefully a strong season this year and then grow from there - potentially a few signing from St Dom next season. I see some are already signed on