Cornwall Football Forum

Tim Nixon Joins Mousehole.

On 18/06/2023 at 00:10, Dave Deacon said:

Bound to be interested in James

Step 4 football is bound to be an attraction for James Ward, heard that he didn't look out of place in his brief spell with Truro a few seasons back. Has been a superb leader for Falmouth and a big part of their recent story. Sure he will go with their best wishes (if he is departing).

For me, it's a good thing that it looks like it will be a nucleus of Cornish born players for Mousehole in Southern League Div 1 next season. 

4 hours ago, Falmouthman said:

Looks like it was the Helston captain Mousehole were after Le Boss 🤣🤣🤣

I suppose, on reflection, we should have expected a bit of movement of players in Cornwall, as apart from Truro's rise a few years ago, there has not been an opportunity for ambitious local players to play at a higher level until now. However, Mousehole already have a decent squad so there may not be many more changes. 

From a Falmouth point of view, let's hope that James Ward is not one of the remaining moves!

9 hours ago, The Town Man said:

I suppose, on reflection, we should have expected a bit of movement of players in Cornwall, as apart from Truro's rise a few years ago, there has not been an opportunity for ambitious local players to play at a higher level until now. However, Mousehole already have a decent squad so there may not be many more changes. 

From a Falmouth point of view, let's hope that James Ward is not one of the remaining moves!

Seems to me though that the difference with Mousehole now compared to Truro is that when they were on their initial surge through the divisions under Heaney, it was a side that was mainly Plymouth and Exeter based. Jake Ash and Andy Watkins were among the few from Cornwall. The majority of the Mousehole squad are based in the county. 

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, le boss said:

Hope the rumour is not true about Josh Storey fracturing his foot in training- if it wasn’t for bad luck he wouldn’t have any luck at all!! Perhaps Ward will be his suitable replacement after all .

You'll  be running out of bait for that line in a minute Bash.