Cornwall Football Forum

Divisions for 2023-24

7 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

I believe that only St Dominic applied from the top 5 and then withdrew that application after a ground grading visit.

Of the top 5 I was say that non have suitable facilities but I've not been to Gunnislake so I may be wrong.

You aren't wrong. Could possibly be the motive why the Gunnislake manager has left post and recently been announced as manager of Callington First Team. Likely he'll take a few players with him as well no doubt.

52 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

Sorry I ment from the st pirans league seems odd there’s good teams in that league but none promoted 

There are a number of reasons why that's the case.  First and foremost each of the St Piran divisions is effectively a Feeder League in it's own right and they are listed as such in the NLS Regs.  Only one team can be promoted from each division with normally (when we ever get to that) two coming down from SWPL(W).  In the East Division there are a couple of clubs with ambition to progress and they are working to improve their facilities to enable that to happen.  The reserve sides currently can't progress because of where their first teams sit and most of the rest are sustainable and happy at the level they're at, a situation that the FA accept as the reality for most clubs in Feeder Leagues nationwide.  In the West Division there are clubs with both facilities and ambition but with only one able to move up at a time for all of them to be promoted will take 3 or four years.  After that you've pretty much run out of candidates.  That's all as of today of course, undoubtedly things will change!

15 hours ago, SomersetObserver said:

Lady luck shinning on Bishop's Lydeard again. It will be interesting to see if a change in leagues can bring a change in fortune for them.

Really friendly bunch at Bishops Lydeard - we sat with them at the league dinner and had a great weekend. They wanted to join SWPL so whilst they may not set the world alight it’s the distance which will help them when at home. 

Slightly surprised Middlezoy didn’t come with them but then that’s the FA

2 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Really friendly bunch at Bishops Lydeard - we sat with them at the league dinner and had a great weekend. They wanted to join SWPL so whilst they may not set the world alight it’s the distance which will help them when at home. 

Slightly surprised Middlezoy didn’t come with them but then that’s the FA

Been there twice this season with the women, lovely set up there and great people!!