Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League 11 March 2023

Fixtures and Results:

Trelawny League Division 2:

Carharrack vs RNAS Culdrose 

14:30 Kick Off

Pitch a bit wet, it’s going to get muddy and I can’t promise the football will be pretty but the match is ON.

Plenty of park but unfortunately no hot food this afternoon. 

Clubhouse afterwards is £3 a pint during the 6 Nations Rugby. 

At 12 pm we have 8 matches postponed due to bad weather and 1 conceded 

Illogan Res  v  Troon 

Frogpool.  V. C S of Mines

St Day3rds. V. New InnTitans

Probus.  V. FalmouthD C

Lanner.   V.  Frogpool res 

St Agnes 3rds.  V Constantine res

Wendron 4ths. V Praze Res 

Helston Raiders. V. StJust res

Troon res. Conceded to. Dropship  

Storm 3 ruan minor 6

another day this is 6-6 and another day it’s 6-3

Some funny moments proving that footballers are a strange breed

ruan scored two goals that where more offside than I’ve ever seen and then score one that was onside. Linesman flagged for the last one, storm linesman, and ruan still moaned like a Falmouth dock whore

Apart from that it was a good game and it looked like everyone enjoyed themselves 

3 hours ago, brayer10 said:

PSC Cup

West Cornwall 6-1 Stithians

West Cornwall with a deserved win.  We turned up with 10 men battled to the end finally got a goal from a corner well headed by Adam Drake.  Boys gave there all.

Well reffed by Scott Gilbert.

All the best to West Cornwall for the season.

Where the hell is everyone?

Mariners 3 mt ambrose 2.

Good game of football both teams looking to play football on a pitch that held up very well considering the recent weather,well reffed by lee athony who did a good job,Thanks to franco and his lads for coming back for a pint.

6 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

PSC Match 

Lizard Argyle 1-1 Penzance Reserves 

Att-31 

I have commented on the Pz Facebook page with my/our comments. Dear Oh Dear.

Penzance very much below par. Lizard playing "in your face football" closing down fast. PZ left hand side almost non existent and the half dozen crosses from the right have been cut out. PZ at times have tried to pass but pitch is wet and boggy in areas which does not help our style of play. Only about four fouls so clean game just boring, totally boring. Either a change of style or luck will let either team score.

Half time whistle just blown, nil nil 

15 to go, no change in score. PZ have been more lively with Kizzy on at half time. Hit the bar but every time we get near the box they are putting five in a line in front of their keeper to block shots. I think Lizard have settled for the draw but we still live and play in hope. 

Two goals in two minutes. PZ on 83, then Lizard on 85. Kizzy for us, run on, one on one. Keeper tries to take him out, doesn't, goes round and scores. Keeper booked.We fall asleep and let one in. Couldn't see how they scored. 

Game over.

Haha yeah thanks Keith! 6 goals in 4 games for Perranwell so far! Just Chuffed to see him back playing and enjoying it again mate. Scored loads of goals in youth football and then gave it up at u14 to concentrate on his skateboarding! Fair to say I was gutted but just want them to make their own way and be happy don’t you. The daughter was a decent sprinter at the time as well so it was all go anyway! He got back into it 6 a side at Cardiff Uni and realised he missed it! Good to see him back playing after 10 years really Keith! We’ve watched Jack play all over the country last 15 years or so, so nice to watch Ben a bit these days as well. Hope you’re keeping well, the Tinners two teams having a great season! You must be happy mate! 👍👏🏼

20 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Penzance very much below par. Lizard playing "in your face football" closing down fast. PZ left hand side almost non existent and the half dozen crosses from the right have been cut out. PZ at times have tried to pass but pitch is wet and boggy in areas which does not help our style of play. Only about four fouls so clean game just boring, totally boring. Either a change of style or luck will let either team score.

Half time whistle just blown, nil nil 

15 to go, no change in score. PZ have been more lively with Kizzy on at half time. Hit the bar but every time we get near the box they are putting five in a line in front of their keeper to block shots. I think Lizard have settled for the draw but we still live and play in hope. 

Two goals in two minutes. PZ on 83, then Lizard on 85. Kizzy for us, run on, one on one. Keeper tries to take him out, doesn't, goes round and scores. Keeper booked.We fall asleep and let one in. Couldn't see how they scored. 

Game over.

Interesting view. One sided but fair enough what your saw, rose tinted glasses possibly?. fair result, great game to play in and was the view of most of Pz players I spoke to. Maybe off par for Pz, or we made you play that way by the style we played? Missing three usual defenders so we started with a back three for the first time rather than four, and forced to play a 352, a battling midfield blessed with breaking the play up, We got the ball in the net only to be a very dubious offside first half, lizard defended very well to stop Pz scoring. Both sides had the chances to score and Pz hit the bar twice. Decent goal for Pz forward-lively player. As for the left hand side for Pz the ball wasn’t moved quick enough so agreement there but no7 was a great player same as no6 . Pitch was boggy for both of us but you played the ball long on a damp surface with the wind first half behind you, no wonder it skidded off the surface to safety. As for our goal a free kick, 30 yards out, knock on and a half volley in to goal.