Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 5 November 2022

SOUTHERN LEAGUE

PREMIER SOUTH

Beaconsfield Town         3-2            Gosport Borough (att 83)

Chesham United     1-1            Swindon Supermarine (320)

Dorchester Town      1-0           Metropolitan Police (604)

Hartley Wintney              2-1            Hanwell Town (303)

Poole Town                      4-3           Hendon (351)

Truro City                          6-0            North Leigh (154)

Weston-super-Mare      3-1            Salisbury (750)

Winchester City               1-2            Tiverton Town (228)

Yate Town                        3-3            Harrow Borough (233)

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 5 November 2022
1 hour ago, Devils@Dusk said:

Oh, please. Go and stir somewhere else. 🥱🙄

What is there to stir ? Just an observation. He probably one of the best strikers in the south west at the top of his game  yet he plays in front of less people then Saltash get on a Saturday and he probably walk around Truro and half the town wouldn’t even know who he was. 
just think he deserve  better  to be honest. 
hopefully next season when your in the big new stadium more might come and see him. 

45 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

What is there to stir ? Just an observation. He probably one of the best strikers in the south west at the top of his game  yet he plays in front of less people then Saltash get on a Saturday and he probably walk around Truro and half the town wouldn’t even know who he was. 
just think he deserve  better  to be honest. 
hopefully next season when your in the big new stadium more might come and see him. 

Have a think. Why might Truro not be getting their usual 500-750 crowds now that they're (temporarily - we hope) not playing in Truro. Go on, work that brain matter champ...

16 minutes ago, Craze said:

Have a think. Why might Truro not be getting their usual 500-750 crowds now that they're (temporarily - we hope) not playing in Truro. Go on, work that brain matter champ...

Ahh yes the extra 600 odd die hard fans you claim are missing don’t fancy getting on the free bus to Plymouth to follow them or have decided to go and follow Falmouth instead. 

5 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Tyler Harvey deserves more then 150 spectators dotted around a pretty empty bolitho park watching him banging  in goals every week .  Wasted. 

Totally agree.. argyle let him go to soon! Sure he would of been a quality player at that level.

11 hours ago, S Abbo said:

Totally agree.. argyle let him go to soon! Sure he would of been a quality player at that level.

On the occasions that I have seen Truro play over the last few seasons, Tyler Harvey has stood out, I would say that he is capable of playing at National League level. Wonder if clubs have looked at him recently? One or two other players at City also look good enough to play higher, thinking of Will Dean and Comor Riley-Lowe. Consider the calibre of squad that Paul Wotton has put together, it must be difficult for players in a table topping and unbeaten side to run out in a virtually deserted ground every couple of weeks. Makes me fairly certain that something must be in the pipeline for next season regarding a new ground back in, or close to, their home city. 

Just wish somebody from the Pirates or Truro would actually go public on this. 

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

So, do you think that Truro playing at Bolitho Park has made it easier to attract players from the Plymouth and Exeter areas?

I would say it definitely helps.. There's lot of travelling as it is so not having to travel for home game must be a plus. 

Players don't need to struggle to get off work as early etc

Plus they are probably paying relatively well and also are a good side. 

And albeit not a packed stadium... Its still looks a decent place to play 

why is it such a secret ??  A friend lives in Truro and he and people he knows have heard absolutely nothing about Truro coming back to play ?? why is there no update ? I remember when Truro went bolitho park it was announced way in advance.  Sum
Cornish fans can easily pack out argyle every Saturday but I’m being told on here truro would only have 500-600 if they were back in Truro.   

If Truro can't play at Parkway next season, then surely it would have to be a return to Plainmoor. There can't be time now to put together a Conference South standard stadium in time for an August 2023 start.

All a bit of a pantomime really and as usual, very little regard for the remaining Truro fans. They are not being told anything at all. Ridiculous state of affairs.

18 hours ago, Footy follower said:

I would say it definitely helps.. There's lot of travelling as it is so not having to travel for home game must be a plus. 

Players don't need to struggle to get off work as early etc

Plus they are probably paying relatively well and also are a good side. 

And albeit not a packed stadium... Its still looks a decent place to play 

Know that the majority of players are on contract, and heard rumours about what they are getting paid. Know that when Charlie Madden moved to Truro last season, Dorchester are reported as saying that they couldn't match what was on offer in terms of length and terms of his contract.

Keep wondering where the money is coming from. The gate money can't amount to much, and I'm thinking that they get nothing from food and drink sales, bar takings or pitch side advertising from Bolitho Park games. Noticed as well that in the Hayes game a few weeks ago, they had no shirt sponsorship either.

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Know that the majority of players are on contract, and heard rumours about what they are getting paid. Know that when Charlie Madden moved to Truro last season, Dorchester are reported as saying that they couldn't match what was on offer in terms of length and terms of his contract.

Keep wondering where the money is coming from. The gate money can't amount to much, and I'm thinking that they get nothing from food and drink sales, bar takings or pitch side advertising from Bolitho Park games. Noticed as well that in the Hayes game a few weeks ago, they had no shirt sponsorship either.

It is all a bit of a mystery really.  Looks totally unsubstainable. Tiny income, massive outgoings, Stadium for Cornwall gone, why are they still being bank-rolled by the Pirates?  Is the remainder of the sale of Treyew road ring-fenced exclusively for TCFC or will the Pirates have a stake as the owners?  Who knows, but until they start communicating, we will all have to stick to speculating?

On 06/11/2022 at 11:19, Way Of The Park said:

On the occasions that I have seen Truro play over the last few seasons, Tyler Harvey has stood out, I would say that he is capable of playing at National League level. Wonder if clubs have looked at him recently? One or two other players at City also look good enough to play higher, thinking of Will Dean and Comor Riley-Lowe. Consider the calibre of squad that Paul Wotton has put together, it must be difficult for players in a table topping and unbeaten side to run out in a virtually deserted ground every couple of weeks. Makes me fairly certain that something must be in the pipeline for next season regarding a new ground back in, or close to, their home city. 

Just wish somebody from the Pirates or Truro would actually go public on this. 

What went wrong for him at Bath? I agree, he's got the quality to play Step One probably, definitely Step Two - but he never really made it stick with Bath a few years ago. I've heard that he struggled with commitment with the travelling (not unreasonably, I couldn't hack a commute from Plymouth to Bath), but no idea if there's truth in that.

Compared to Alex Fletcher and Cody Cooke who are absolutely smashing the National League South for the second season running.