Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Wednesday 24 August 2022

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 24 August 2022

Only watched the 1st half of the Newquay match because of the weather and Smokie decided he wanted to go home i agreed with him the 1st half i watched was just awful nothing really happened should of stayed home and watched Corrie ,i thought the young Penzance side where the better side .

Newquay have got no striker and i cannot see where there goals are coming from ,they had Cam Turner on he bench he should be in the team from the start hes a quality player .

I see Newquay lost 1-0 to Penzance ex G player Kizzy Snowden with the goal , for the time i was there Penzance no4 was good Rocko Hill Mom for them and for Newquay got to go for Ross Fallens he does give 100% unlike some of the players .

Hope Newquay improve got off to a poor start so far need to improve and need a centre forward , Good Luck to Penzance some really good players there and they where missing severel tonight '

Onto Godolphin Way this Saturday for Fa Vase action vs Barnstable Town who have Stuart Bowker and Billy Tucker ex Helston players in there team im goin for a 4-1 win for Barnstable with Bowker getting a hat trick and Tucker the other 1 ,just hope the G players play well and give it a good go 

It's going to be a very long season for Newquay going by tonight's performance. Newquay admittedly had the better of the first half but a coup!e of decent saves by the Penzance goalkeeper kept the score at 0 0 at HT, but overal! a very poor half. Thinking the second half couldn't have been any worse , I was wrong! Penzance scored the winner midway through the half with a fine strike. But that was that, nothing more to be said about the half although Newquay had a goal rightly disallowed for offside at the death. Thinking Newquay would have some sort of response after going a goal behind wrong again, a very lacklustre effort from a team that appeared to have no idea how to get back into a game after falling behind.This has to be one of the worse displays I have seen from Newquay in  years and they will finish in the bottom 3 if things are resolved quickly.

46 minutes ago, Mints said:

It's going to be a very long season for Newquay going by tonight's performance. Newquay admittedly had the better of the first half but a coup!e of decent saves by the Penzance goalkeeper kept the score at 0 0 at HT, but overal! a very poor half. Thinking the second half couldn't have been any worse , I was wrong! Penzance scored the winner midway through the half with a fine strike. But that was that, nothing more to be said about the half although Newquay had a goal rightly disallowed for offside at the death. Thinking Newquay would have some sort of response after going a goal behind wrong again, a very lacklustre effort from a team that appeared to have no idea how to get back into a game after falling behind.This has to be one of the worse displays I have seen from Newquay in  years and they will finish in the bottom 3 if things are resolved quickly.

Nothing more to add really! Lack of real threat from Newquay on the Penzance goal throughout, that is apart from the one first half effort against the woodwork. Having said that, Penzance defence got in some vital tackles when necessary.

Do wish we could see more shots at the target. That's how Penzance scored - they dared to have a shot from decent way out!

If blazey keep that team together I can’t see who is stopping them. Bude and liskeard maybe will run them close but I don’t see anything other then blazey winning the league and getting promoted . 
The beefeater meeting was more important then anything. You lose that Plymouth group it going to crumble . 

BODMIN   2-1   GODOLPHIN     ATT: 83

Hosts take the lead quite early with a good run and strike into the far corner

visitors equalise with a strong header from a corner kick      HT 1-1

Bodmin retake the lead with about 15 to go, another good strike 

penalty to Bodmin with a few minutes to go, resulting in a straight red card. well saved by the G keeper

FT   2-1

Great to see the Bodmin legend Shiela doing a shift in the tea hut tonight

Fantastic to see my old Cornwall, Falmouth & Newquay team mate Andy Sledge Street, be worth bout £300 a game by todays standards!!

The ghost of Gilbey looming large over Priory Park tonight! Good luck to Matt, hardest job ever in Cornish football trying to follow those footsteps

Also good luck to Popey at Godolphin, great to see him back in football making G a very competitive team 

Another enjoyable evening watching Cornish football  👍👏🏼

9 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

BODMIN   2-1   GODOLPHIN     ATT: 83

Hosts take the lead quite early with a good run and strike into the far corner

visitors equalise with a strong header from a corner kick      HT 1-1

Bodmin retake the lead with about 15 to go, another good strike 

penalty to Bodmin with a few minutes to go, resulting in a straight red card. well saved by the G keeper

FT   2-1

Great to see the Bodmin legend Shiela doing a shift in the tea hut tonight

Fantastic to see my old Cornwall, Falmouth & Newquay team mate Andy Sledge Street, be worth bout £300 a game by todays standards!!

The ghost of Gilbey looming large over Priory Park tonight! Good luck to Matt, hardest job ever in Cornish football trying to follow those footsteps

Also good luck to Popey at Godolphin, great to see him back in football making G a very competitive team 

Another enjoyable evening watching Cornish football  👍👏🏼

It was a 2nd yellow then a red for the sending off Rappo.........but what was the players first yellow for in the first half??

Newquay where brilliant in Pre Season but lately they have been very poor no one up front and Tom Shepherd is no striker ,Newquay had young Noah as sub last night and i think hes been Newquays best player apart from Ross Fallens .

I heard a rumour last night Newquay manager has 2 matches to turn the team around or hes gone and they have 2 names lined up to replace him 1 G manager Harry Pope and the other ex Newquay Phil Lafferty 

Head that Orlando came on for Bodmin last night vs the G and played very well pity the G lost i noticed that Kian Burns scored both goals must of been his 1st game for Bodmin last night havnt noticed his name in the Bodmin team before think he use to play for Mousehole very good player 

21 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Newquay where brilliant in Pre Season but lately they have been very poor no one up front and Tom Shepherd is no striker ,Newquay had young Noah as sub last night and i think hes been Newquays best player apart from Ross Fallens .

I heard a rumour last night Newquay manager has 2 matches to turn the team around or hes gone and they have 2 names lined up to replace him 1 G manager Harry Pope and the other ex Newquay Phil Lafferty 

Head that Orlando came on for Bodmin last night vs the G and played very well pity the G lost i noticed that Kian Burns scored both goals must of been his 1st game for Bodmin last night havnt noticed his name in the Bodmin team before think he use to play for Mousehole very good player 

Kian Burns is a star wicketkeeper/batsmen in local cricket, which restricts his football availability at this time of the year.

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

I made the trip to watch the G last night instead of Newquay and glad I did after seeing the reports. Really worried Newquay could go down on this form, issues in pre season lack of striker not addressed.

g we’re unlucky I felt last night but was probably a fair result on the whole. Although g did have their chances. It’s a much improved G side from last season I must say and the fight displayed in the second half was good to see.

not sure who said Orlando played well when he come on as I didn’t see that, lost the ball a few times and didn’t make key passes when players were in.  Could see some of the bodmin pictures layers becoming frustrated. Saying that I’d take the young man back at newquay in a heartbeat at the moment!

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

No chance newquay will be getting laffs as manager he basically runs blazey single handle now. 
pope isn’t going to jump ship when’s he’s just joined. Not to a poor Newquay side. 

9 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

He went to Mousehole from camelford he is a very good player to say the least.