Cornwall Football Forum

Upset at Trungle Parc

panda

Good win for Millbrook but is it really an upset?

Think there's been far too many inflated reviews about how wonderful Mousehole are. No disrespect  but they've looked pretty ordinary when I've seen em.

Perhaps Millbrook aren't as fashionable in some quarters but they're a decent side fully capable of results like this.

Their (excellent) YouTube documentary makes me believe they are seriously underachieving.

What other clubs have a flat to provide accommodation for players and a link with a local college to provide employment for players who aren’t form the region (Max Hill)? 

A great setup there and clearly a lot of money going into the club but to me they should be doing better.

1 hour ago, Tavi Fan said:

Their (excellent) YouTube documentary makes me believe they are seriously underachieving.

What other clubs have a flat to provide accommodation for players and a link with a local college to provide employment for players who aren’t form the region (Max Hill)? 

A great setup there and clearly a lot of money going into the club but to me they should be doing better.

Ashy is a class act but the way they play football every now and again they will come unstuck especially if you can beat their high press!! Can’t say they are underachieving though they literally finished 4 points off promotion last year in their first season in the western league!! 

34 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

Really what money are you on about ?

Do you think if they were rolling in cash the likes of Shepard and Wilson would be at Helston ? Wouldn’t they just pillage the likes of Tavi with massive cash offers ??

From the outside looking in they are just trying to do things the right way .. 

let’s not forget it’s only 3-4 games in.. lots of twists and turns yet .. Bridgewater are flying 👍

Well done to Millbrook 🙌 it’s just go’s to show how competitive this league is  (for now) let’s enjoy it whilst it lasts 👍👍

How much are Shepherd and Wilson on then? You really are well informed. If you think the calibre of player at Mousehole are there for little money, then you’re more stupid than people give you credit for. But does it really matter if you’re not the one spending it??🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣

We didn't go to the match but isn't some credit due to the opposition who beat Mousehole ?
People seem to be obsessed with giving reasons as to how a certain team played, who is missing, the state of the pitch, the standard of refereeing etc, etc, are regular excuses  rather than how well their opposition allowed them to play.
With plenty of material in the form of match highlights shown on internet sites, a good manager will soon identify any potential weaknesses in an oposing team, and should be given credit for doing so.
As stated we didn't go to the Mousehole match and our comments are not aimed at anyone in particular, but more often than not there seems to be a need to excuse a loss rather than accept defeat gracefully and accept that the opposition had done their homework.

6 minutes ago, We Two said:

We didn't go to the match but isn't some credit due to the opposition who beat Mousehole ?
People seem to be obsessed with giving reasons as to how a certain team played, who is missing, the state of the pitch, the standard of refereeing etc, etc, are regular excuses  rather than how well their opposition allowed them to play.
With plenty of material in the form of match highlights shown on internet sites, a good manager will soon identify any potential weaknesses in an oposing team, and should be given credit for doing so.
As stated we didn't go to the Mousehole match and our comments are not aimed at anyone in particular, but more often than not there seems to be a need to excuse a loss rather than accept defeat gracefully and accept that the opposition had done their homework.

We Two I think you have hit the nail on the head here , Millbrook has no big names or money, But credit has to be given to the management for tactics and getting the best out of his  players .

I don't think we should bother with playing the game anymore, just sit the 3 officials down and fire the laws of the game at them.

Everyone in the ground can then give an opinion on their answers and mark accordingly. 

That would include who would wi n of course, would make no difference to the forum because every thread becomes a referee/ lino bashing farce.

I honestly cant believe what is happening to football these days, it used to be about the game...long gone that is.