Cornwall Football Forum

Friendly result

Callington 0 saltash 1 

Entertaining game played in very hot conditions.good crowd and just a nice afternoon sat in the sun in the lovely setting of marsh parc,

Only £2 entrance fee £1 for oap free for kids ,well done callington!

Callington played the whole game with a outfield player in goal as they had a few players missing including the keeper,the goal came from a cross which was misjudged by the stand in keeper. Other that than that, except from a couple clear cut misses by saltash it was a even game , both defence's were strong,saltash attack had a bit more about them but seemed slow, Callington will miss cloke but Alcantara looked tidy,good game and well done all the players in this heat.... callingtons Rundle looks a very good signing for them.....

31 minutes ago, tamar.man said:

Callington 0 saltash 1 

Entertaining game played in very hot conditions.good crowd and just a nice afternoon sat in the sun in the lovely setting of marsh parc,

Only £2 entrance fee £1 for oap free for kids ,well done callington!

Callington played the whole game with a outfield player in goal as they had a few players missing including the keeper,the goal came from a cross which was misjudged by the stand in keeper. Other that than that, except from a couple clear cut misses by saltash it was a even game , both defence's were strong,saltash attack had a bit more about them but seemed slow, Callington will miss cloke but Alcantara looked tidy,good game and well done all the players in this heat.... callingtons Rundle looks a very good signing for them.....

Thanks for kind words but our keeper today was ex parkway keeper Tyler Coombes 

28 minutes ago, Sv85 said:

Thanks for kind words but our keeper today was ex parkway keeper Tyler Coombes 

A fair one,I thought he looked like a keeper with his handling , perhaps someone was just trying to wind up some saltash fans ,anyhow  I thought callington looked very good today,very solid at the back ,

2 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Bravo Callington 👏 

Makes a mockery of the ridiculous excuses Tavistock have been spouting about £8 break-even charges for friendlies 🤦‍♂️

Please message me I will happily pay for you to watch us on Sunday vs Argyle 👍

Back on topic - think Callington will do well this season. As mentioned they’ll miss Luke Cloke however the manager seems to be able to attract players so fingers crossed they’ll have a good side come the season.

10 minutes ago, Tavi Fan said:

Please message me I will happily pay for you to watch us on Sunday vs Argyle 👍

For me, it's a matter of integrity, decency & respect.

No matter the pay off I'm afraid Tavistock have behaved totally inappropriately with their ridiculous admission charges for leg stretcher football.

As a matter of principle I shall not be returning to your football ground, whatever freebie you chuck at it.

I suspect a good few others will have the same opinion.

15 minutes ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

No matter the pay off I'm afraid Tavistock have behaved totally inappropriately with their ridiculous admission charges for leg stretcher football.

As a matter of principle I shall not be returning to your football ground, whatever freebie you chuck at it.

You’ve made there day . 
Is it £8 for an oap !!

It was actually a good day at Callington - heat played the biggest part but I think Callington will go well next season- I like teams that are ‘terrier’ they got the bit between the teeth and didn’t let go nor give up. That’s a good thing. They may not be the most fancied of teams but they could spring a surprise if they get a better start compared to last season. 

Good run for Ashes players and for the fans. Midfield looks very strong compared to 21/22 and fitness levels are through the roof. 

11 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

You don't give up do you. It was only £8, not exactly a huge amount. Good job you didn't go to Buckland on Friday, that was a tenner. Couldn't make it myself due to wife's birthday, but over 1200 did go. 

38 minutes ago, Buckland Jim said:

You don't give up do you. It was only £8, not exactly a huge amount. Good job you didn't go to Buckland on Friday, that was a tenner. Couldn't make it myself due to wife's birthday, but over 1200 did go. 

Worth every penny Jim !! You missed a really good game for a PSF ! I think you maybe quite impressed when you see them

Watched Newquay vs Bovey Tracey this afternoon in a pre season friendly , not the prettiest of matches I was surprised to see Harry in the Newquay goal because my Bodmin source said he had gone to Bodmin but there he was and he was brilliant pulling off some great saves and even taking a bite out of the goalpost .

The Newquay team was different what i have seen in the past severel academy players playing and new signing from Penryn Nick Boase playing at Centre half and he was good the score was 1-0 to Newquay with defender Brad Leivers scoring with a powerful header ,but i liked the young ginger hair lad called Noah hes going to be some player the Newquay centre half was also a Academy player no5 he is only 17 but he is huge . 

I was talking to some of the Bovey lads nice friendly lot and they said it will be a different team when they come back to play in the cup , i left early because Smokie was struggling with the heat and the match wasnt very exciting ,the 2nd half Newquay changed nearly there whole team and 1 player i was surprised to see in a Newquay shirt was Joel Cocking who i thought would never leave Sticker and he must be getting on . 

I dont like to say it but i thing The G and Newquay could be in for a long season but i hope im wrong at least both sides have very good goalies .

My mom for Newquay Harry Ashton because hes a brilliant goalie and a real nice chap to talk to and for Bovey the winger 

1-0 final result officials where ok except Steggles being to fussy about the ball not being in the right place when Bovey where taking a corner it was only a friendly for god sake it must of been even Ross Fallens wasnt fouling anyone and getting booked 1 hell of a player and scored 1 of the best goals vs Wadebridge see it on youtube Van BASTEN special 

Yeah I watched this game also this afternoon and have to agree looks to be a long season for my Newquay. They look very light upfront, and not very creative, we all know you need a goalscorer in this league, look what Jack did for Falmouth last season.

was also surprised to see cockings, very immobile and not what I thought newquay would of been going for after  the strikers we’ve had in the past, was disappointed not to see more of the chap they had up front for the first friendly, thought his movement was great and was looking to see more, not sure what’s happened to him.

The tall young chap at the back, what a player that young man is. I think they will struggle to keep him for the season, can see teams come knocking and historically we always lose our best players.

Does anyone know what score G was last night in the game? 

all in all great to see the sport we love so much back at mount wise. Here’s to an enjoyable seasons chaps 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Watched Newquay vs Bovey Tracey this afternoon in a pre season friendly , not the prettiest of matches I was surprised to see Harry in the Newquay goal because my Bodmin source said he had gone to Bodmin but there he was and he was brilliant pulling off some great saves and even taking a bite out of the goalpost .

The Newquay team was different what i have seen in the past severel academy players playing and new signing from Penryn Nick Boase playing at Centre half and he was good the score was 1-0 to Newquay with defender Brad Leivers scoring with a powerful header ,but i liked the young ginger hair lad called Noah hes going to be some player the Newquay centre half was also a Academy player no5 he is only 17 but he is huge . 

I was talking to some of the Bovey lads nice friendly lot and they said it will be a different team when they come back to play in the cup , i left early because Smokie was struggling with the heat and the match wasnt very exciting ,the 2nd half Newquay changed nearly there whole team and 1 player i was surprised to see in a Newquay shirt was Joel Cocking who i thought would never leave Sticker and he must be getting on . 

I dont like to say it but i thing The G and Newquay could be in for a long season but i hope im wrong at least both sides have very good goalies .

My mom for Newquay Harry Ashton because hes a brilliant goalie and a real nice chap to talk to and for Bovey the winger 

1-0 final result officials where ok except Steggles being to fussy about the ball not being in the right place when Bovey where taking a corner it was only a friendly for god sake it must of been even Ross Fallens wasnt fouling anyone and getting booked 1 hell of a player and scored 1 of the best goals vs Wadebridge see it on youtube Van BASTEN special 

I fought Harry had gone after what happened today shows that NQY can’t afford to lose him was best player could have been 5-1. Will be surprised if he stays think they look good but do need striker maybe orlando come? 

22 minutes ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

I fought Harry had gone after what happened today shows that NQY can’t afford to lose him was best player could have been 5-1. Will be surprised if he stays think they look good but do need striker maybe orlando come? 

I don’t think they need someone like Orlando they need an out and out goalscoring forward or I think they will really struggle this season. 

I actually am quite worried for us this season. I know someone famous once said you don’t win anything with kids haha ….. but they need experience in my opinion, especially upfront. 

i think personally we play far too many long flashy passes from the back, there is a gap between defence and the strikers. There’s no one linking in the midfield to slide passes through for our strikers. Makes us quite predictable and frustrating for strikers I imagine 

Godolphin lost 5-2 last night i put a report about the match on here ,the Gs team was all young players and Orlando who got fouled in the first 5 mins in a league match the player would of been sent off but 5 mins later Orlando hit the deck again he was right in front of me and no one touched him i think he was trying to get the Torpoint player sent off and when he had the ball he tried to beat everyone on his own you could see his teamates where frustrated with him hes such a talented player and i would like to see him in a G shirt hes a entertainer but so greedy with the ball . He never played in the 2nd half i expect he was off if he could get a game somewhere else.

Torpoint where very good but in the 2nd half the G decided to come out and had a go at there opponents , 1 of the new players Jay Davey scored a hell of a goal from a free kick .but lost 5-2 in the end 

Newquay and Godolphin both look like it will be a long season the majority of the G team have left to go chasing the £ but some just couldnt afford to travel because of the cost of the petrol and decided to play for a club nearer to where they live .Both teams need major surgery and when i saw Newquay had JOEL Cocking i thought bloody hell Newquay you are struggling because he was a good player but hes getting on a bit now they need someone more mobile but for the G we need a new manager and new players quick before the season starts but we got Sean in goal and Matt at the back thats it really the rest are just young kids . 

We had a good manager in Adam but is off to the big city called London and him and Josh had built a good teamand now thats fallen apart and its a shame theres no such thing as loyalty in football anymore its another word now and thats GREED  My report of the G MATCH VS TORPOINT IS IN THE SUBJECT GODOLPHIN MANAGER RESIGNS 

32 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Godolphin lost 5-2 last night i put a report about the match on here ,the Gs team was all young players and Orlando who got fouled in the first 5 mins in a league match the player would of been sent off but 5 mins later Orlando hit the deck again he was right in front of me and no one touched him i think he was trying to get the Torpoint player sent off and when he had the ball he tried to beat everyone on his own you could see his teamates where frustrated with him hes such a talented player and i would like to see him in a G shirt hes a entertainer but so greedy with the ball . He never played in the 2nd half i expect he was off if he could get a game somewhere else.

Torpoint where very good but in the 2nd half the G decided to come out and had a go at there opponents , 1 of the new players Jay Davey scored a hell of a goal from a free kick .but lost 5-2 in the end 

Newquay and Godolphin both look like it will be a long season the majority of the G team have left to go chasing the £ but some just couldnt afford to travel because of the cost of the petrol and decided to play for a club nearer to where they live .Both teams need major surgery and when i saw Newquay had JOEL Cocking i thought bloody hell Newquay you are struggling because he was a good player but hes getting on a bit now they need someone more mobile but for the G we need a new manager and new players quick before the season starts but we got Sean in goal and Matt at the back thats it really the rest are just young kids . 

We had a good manager in Adam but is off to the big city called London and him and Josh had built a good teamand now thats fallen apart and its a shame theres no such thing as loyalty in football anymore its another word now and thats GREED  My report of the G MATCH VS TORPOINT IS IN THE SUBJECT GODOLPHIN MANAGER RESIGNS 

Orlando was playing for Godolphin?? Did not know that, that’s a strange one, he’s been at so many clubs and I’m guessing newquay wouldn’t take him back if he’s gone to G?

yeah unfortunately I believe there are other clubs who can pay more, and simple things like petrol will actually also play a part now as wages

im just a little confused with the newquay side, was really looking forward to this season but not really finding much in that side to be excited about. The lack of movement upfront today was a worry. Newquay definitely need a new striker 

Maybe Newquay could get a striker of St Blazey they seem to be overloaded with strikers and now they have signed another ex Blazey player in Jack Alexander , i couldnt see anyone in that Newquay side is going to get goals for them must be someone they can get they will struggle if they dont get someone in the defence looks good and they have Ross Fallens in midfield and he will give 100%every game but no one who is going to get the goals 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Maybe Newquay could get a striker of St Blazey they seem to be overloaded with strikers and now they have signed another ex Blazey player in Jack Alexander , i couldnt see anyone in that Newquay side is going to get goals for them must be someone they can get they will struggle if they dont get someone in the defence looks good and they have Ross Fallens in midfield and he will give 100%every game but no one who is going to get the goals 

Couldnt agree more, we've never replaced Jack and I don't see a goalscorer in that team I watched saturday. To much inexperience, running with head down into nowhere. Don't know if its naive, lack of funds, or stubbornness to just put in academy youngsters for the sake of it. Relying on Fallens is too risky, eventually i am sure his head will be turned if the results dont go our way. 2 goals in 2 pre season games isn't looking good for the season. Will be interesting to see how many stay at the G now also with new management 

Majority have already deserted the G for nothing but money but others couldnt afford the travel costs and have gone to teams nearer where they live ,dont know who the new manager will to replace Adam hoping Josh stays the names being mentioned for the new manager i have heard wont be causing much of a stir they didnt with me 1 i thought not him but we will have to wait and see i would like Harry Pope to get the job but would x to see Dane Bunney there but that is a long way to travel whoever gets the G job looks like they will have a rebuilding thing to do after Adam had got such a good team of players assembled and what happens they all bugger off for money but thats what football is now .

Why dont Newquay sign ORLANDO and put him at Centre Forward he will score goals and certainly entertain but hes got to stop his going to ground so easily if he doesnt go to Newquay maybe he will be in the Blue shirt of the G think he could be what the G need him and Rundle up front that is if hes still at the club 

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Of course, now that 5 named substitutes can be used from the start of the 2022/23 league season, you are going to see players "stockpiled" at some clubs, while others struggle to get a bare starting eleven. In the old days they would have moved when it was clear they weren't going to get on off the bench, but now you will see multiple substitutions made when games are effectively decided just to keep them interested,

35 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Majority have already deserted the G for nothing but money but others couldnt afford the travel costs and have gone to teams nearer where they live ,dont know who the new manager will to replace Adam hoping Josh stays the names being mentioned for the new manager i have heard wont be causing much of a stir they didnt with me 1 i thought not him but we will have to wait and see i would like Harry Pope to get the job but would x to see Dane Bunney there but that is a long way to travel whoever gets the G job looks like they will have a rebuilding thing to do after Adam had got such a good team of players assembled and what happens they all bugger off for money but thats what football is now .

Why dont Newquay sign ORLANDO and put him at Centre Forward he will score goals and certainly entertain but hes got to stop his going to ground so easily if he doesnt go to Newquay maybe he will be in the Blue shirt of the G think he could be what the G need him and Rundle up front that is if hes still at the club 

Yeah it will be a rebuilding this season for the G i feel, adam did such a good job its hard to watch people leave, is it much more money they are being offered elsewhere than what they were on at G? Or is it because Adam has left?

Orlando could come to Newquay but he isn't a striker, to lightweight, I believe he is a winger and playing the right position, just needs to work on strength and decision making, play for the team. He is only young though and still learning his trade the chap 

2 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Of course, now that 5 named substitutes can be used from the start of the 2022/23 league season, you are going to see players "stockpiled" at some clubs, while others struggle to get a bare starting eleven. In the old days they would have moved when it was clear they weren't going to get on off the bench, but now you will see multiple substitutions made when games are effectively decided just to keep them interested,

its an interesting point you raise about 5 subs, it can be good for a game allowing more tactically changes but as you say its now very easy for cash rich clubs to buy opposing teams better players by offering more money, just so that team loses their best player and isnt a threat in the league - but those players might get 20 mins here or there. surely it should be about playing - atleast it was in my day 

19 minutes ago, supportcornishfootball said:

its an interesting point you raise about 5 subs, it can be good for a game allowing more tactically changes but as you say its now very easy for cash rich clubs to buy opposing teams better players by offering more money, just so that team loses their best player and isnt a threat in the league - but those players might get 20 mins here or there. surely it should be about playing - atleast it was in my day 

Can see a situation arising this season where you have a game between two of the cash rich clubs in the league in which you have ten named and used substitutes, but another match which is called off because a team cannot raise a starting eleven.

Successful teams tend to have a number of goal scorers dotted throughout the squad/ team and don’t  rely on one person. However, if Newquay can’t sign an out and out striker, like 100% Cornish said, if Orlando does come back to Newquay play him in a roaming attacking position, with other mobile interlinking attacking players, and let him express himself, he’ll make things happen in and around the opponents penalty box given a chance. I wouldn’t play him as an out and out winger Relying on one striker over a whole season is not the way forward in my eyes. Hopefully, he’ll concrete down a regular playing place this season.

36 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Successful teams tend to have a number of goal scorers dotted throughout the squad/ team and don’t  rely on one person. However, if Newquay can’t sign an out and out striker, like 100% Cornish said, if Orlando does come back to Newquay play him in a roaming attacking position, with other mobile interlinking attacking players, and let him express himself, he’ll make things happen in and around the opponents penalty box given a chance. I wouldn’t play him as an out and out winger Relying on one striker over a whole season is not the way forward in my eyes. Hopefully, he’ll concrete down a regular playing place this season.

I don’t think we’re saying to rely on one striker, we’re saying newquay appear to have no goal scoring threat from any of the forward players we’ve seen in friendlys at all. Orlando is a good player but last season didn’t offer a lot of goal threat so I don’t personally think he would work as a striker but I’d take anything at newquay at the minute after the games I’ve watched. Haha but Orlando has done the rounds of five or six clubs I believe so not even sure he wants newquay or vice versa 

1 hour ago, supportcornishfootball said:

I don’t think we’re saying to rely on one striker, we’re saying newquay appear to have no goal scoring threat from any of the forward players we’ve seen in friendlys at all. Orlando is a good player but last season didn’t offer a lot of goal threat so I don’t personally think he would work as a striker but I’d take anything at newquay at the minute after the games I’ve watched. Haha but Orlando has done the rounds of five or six clubs I believe so not even sure he wants newquay or vice versa 

I fink signing Orlando will show other players NQY are serious if they dont sign a striker players like fallens turner ashton  wipp might all leave. Very surprised they all stayed may be they no something we dont. I was told nqy have no money for players but doin other things better off pitch like pitch kit and stuff to make the players happy. But if this is the case dont think orlando will go he will demand to much money. G paying well if they can get orlando maybe G will do well this year