Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City v Chesham

1 hour ago, BigG said:

Considering it is a 120 mile round trip for Truro's supporters I don't think an attendance of 112 is too bad. It's more than some SWPL clubs had playing in their own towns. I haven't managed to get up to Bolitho yet this season but I am hoping to take advantage of the free bus travel soon.

120 is still very very  poor in that ground  I’m sure they were relying on the parkway and local  fans to take an interest and watch. That just hasn’t happened at all

how does a team in that league paying out the money it does survive??  It   would maybe help if they were advertising games better on social media  or offer concessions to kids in the local area  

the amount of people  I speak to who don’t even know they play there is very strange how 

2 hours ago, Joe1970Johnson said:

I’m new to the area, yet aware I’m probably asking a silly question, but why are Truro going to Plymouth for home games ? Surely it makes sense to ground share more locally ? 

There aren't any other pitches in Cornwall that are up to the standard that Truro's pitch would need to be, for the league that they are playing in. The last time Truro were evicted from Treyew Road, we ended up at Torquay United's ground.

(I hope that made sense)

16 hours ago, Footy follower said:

£13... That's why I think

There was a special offer knocking around. If you bought tickets for all three Truro home league matches in September, they were £5 each. This is on top of the free coach travel from Cornwall, so it looks like things are being tried. Saw the Twitter clips from match on Saturday, ground looked eerily empty. Must feel like a training match for the players.

35 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

There was a special offer knocking around. If you bought tickets for all three Truro home league matches in September, they were £5 each. This is on top of the free coach travel from Cornwall, so it looks like things are being tried. Saw the Twitter clips from match on Saturday, ground looked eerily empty. Must feel like a training match for the players.

Yeh.. To be fair to truro that did look a great offer