Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Fri/Sat 27th/28th August 2021

Result

Friday 27th August 2021

Rosudgeon (Chris Neale, Zak Morris, Alex Ralph, Darryl Richards) 4-2 Mawnan (Dominic Pullen, Matt Roberts)

Att - 74

Results
Saturday 28th August 2021
Lizard Argyle (Tom Giles 3, Aaron Orchard) 4-5 Hayle Reserves (Chris Bullock 2, Zack Williams, Kieran Rennard, Scott Date)
Att - 50
Mullion Reserves p-p St Agnes Reserves
Pendeen Rovers (Christian Whittaker, Kalon Mayes, Wade Brown) 3-1 St Day Reserves (Luke Leah)
Att - 60
Wendron United Thirds (Justin Searle 2, Zac Alexander 2, Harry Badcock) 5-1 Godolphin Atlantic Reserves (Reece Lovelace)
Att - 20

• cornishteddyboy changed the title to LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Fri/Sat 27th/28th August 2021

Went down & watched this game. Rosoudgen looked very good & were good value for their win. Mawnan looked knackered after their battle at Penryn in midweek. Nice set up at rousudgeon, clubhouse was booming & the food looked lovely. Only negative I would mention is the pitch, I don't think it's big enough to meet the minimum requirements. There's only a couple of metres between the box & side lines. I heard that their normal pitched was wrecked during G7 so hopefully it's back in action sooner rather than later as I'm 99% sure the pitch they played on last night doesn't meet the minimum size. 

7 hours ago, John Mead said:

The FA minimum width is less than you may think. Penalty area has to be 44 yards wide, so the touch line can look quite close to it without infringing the rules!

I'm talking touchline to touchline. I understand that it has to be 45m minimum, there's absolutely no chance that the pitch is 45m wide.

1 hour ago, Glen Patterson said:

I'm talking touchline to touchline. I understand that it has to be 45m minimum, there's absolutely no chance that the pitch is 45m wide.

If it's the pitch I think it is it's been used for a long time, I played on it in a Junior Cup match back in the mid 80's!  

There are two aspects to the concerns raised, the technical and the 'reality'.  Technically the Combination Committee can't entertain any complaint unless it was lodged with the referee before the game (Standard Code Rule 7).  In 'reality', if a concerned Club Secretary was to raise it with the Committee you would like to think that a common sense approach would be taken and they would have the pitch looked at.  As @John Mead says though, you'd be surprised how narrow a minimum width pitch is.  9 feet from box to touchline isn't much!  I'm sure the match referee would be looking at that in his pre-match.

14 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Depends on the width of the pitch. Penalty area is a fixed size so if the pitch is narrow then not far, if the pitch is wider then the distance is wider. Obviously there is a minimum distance as there is a minimum width.

I know that, hence why establishing distance between touchline/penalty area. Should be a minimum of 3m.

24 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

I know that, hence why establishing distance between touchline/penalty area. Should be a minimum of 3m.

It’s way under that!! But surly when entering the league they’d had members of the committee / ground grading come around and inspect ALL pitches they might use for their games? Unless the markings have drastically changed since then someone’s obviously turned a blind eye!

let’s be honest also, it’s hardly SWPL is it! Any man and his dog can enter it, from whatever division (or a new team!!), so why nitty pick over size when it’s the same for both teams? Referees haven’t got time or a tape measure come match days! People who make pitches do so in their own time and may get it wrong which will have an effect on things. And to be honest from what I saw from the Mawnan team they could of done of playing on a 5 a side pitch their legs were heavy from the off!!! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

48 minutes ago, Steve Carpenter said:

If it's the pitch I think it is it's been used for a long time, I played on it in a Junior Cup match back in the mid 80's!  

There are two aspects to the concerns raised, the technical and the 'reality'.  Technically the Combination Committee can't entertain any complaint unless it was lodged with the referee before the game (Standard Code Rule 7).  In 'reality', if a concerned Club Secretary was to raise it with the Committee you would like to think that a common sense approach would be taken and they would have the pitch looked at.  As @John Mead says though, you'd be surprised how narrow a minimum width pitch is.  9 feet from box to touchline isn't much!  I'm sure the match referee would be looking at that in his pre-match.

I only went as a neutral, so it made no difference to me at all. Think the problem is that they have cricket & football side by side, rather than overlapping like they have in the past & do at Boscowan park, Truro. I could be wrong & it could meet requirements, just seemed tiny to myself & the people that I wad with.  As soon as I got to the game the 1st thing I noticed was the width of the pitch, there was a swl referee watching & I asked him what he thought & he agreed with me. Then after the game I saw a few mawnan players & it was the 1st thing they mentioned too.