Cornwall Football Forum

Favourites to win the league in each division this season in trelawny leagues

Div 1 East - probably the weaker league and harder to predict. I'll go for Saltash 3rds with their experienced players being a tight group with a bit of know how.

Div 1 West - one of Nanpean or St Columb. The latter with Craig Allen and Dom Roberts could be 60+goals and that's telling so I'll go for them.

Div 2 - Foxhole Reserves at a canter. It's criminal that the likes of the Rickards, Coad, Whetter and Brown are still playing Duchy 2.

• shaun isaacs changed the title to Favourites to win the league in each division this season in trelawny leagues

for me it’s

Div 1 east - bude res or north petherwin 

div  1 west - nanpean 

div 2 - foxhole res

div 1 east opening game of petherwin vs bude could be a good game  

petherwin new management team from holsworthy 2nds seem to have brought a lot of new faces to a well established side  and bude res seemingly grown on the very good squad of the past two seasons  

if nanpean have kept wilmott then his goals should put them up there if not out of sight 

foxhole res seems to have put a very good side together in preseason  

but what do I know I’m wrong every year 😂😂

46 minutes ago, Hawks91 said:

It looks like to me the duchy league is stronger then the east cornwall League this year 

Intersting shout. Be interested to hear who you think would be ECPL challengers. Duchy has always had strong teams that are good enough. Some don't make the step though, or players leave said club and go back down a level 👀

Div 1 east -  Southgate 

Div 1 west - nanpean 

Div 2 foxhole res

Def Nanpean for Div 1 West as St Columb rely too much on using other higher league clubs players who don’t normally play for them. When these players are playing for their normal clubs. I can see St Columb struggling!!!

I don’t think any of these sides will be near the top of the Trelawny leagues.

23 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Div 1 West - one of Nanpean or St Columb. The latter with Craig Allen and Dom Roberts could be 60+goals and that's telling so I'll go for them.

Jordi Willmott > Dom Roberts 

Craig will string St Columb along and then play for St Mawgan again. 

18 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Intersting shout. Be interested to hear who you think would be ECPL challengers. Duchy has always had strong teams that are good enough. Some don't make the step though, or players leave said club and go back down a level 👀

Iv seen a few of the east Cornwall sides play this pre season and Iv seen some Duchy sides comfortably beat them 

I think gunnislake or alturnon will win that league this year by a big margin aswel 

17 hours ago, FootballChat said:

I don’t think any of these sides will be near the top of the Trelawny leagues.

Jordi Willmott > Dom Roberts 

Craig will string St Columb along and then play for St Mawgan again. 

Must be heavily involved in either mawgan or major to know that ? 
As Iv personally spoken to sed player and he is playing for st columb major 

as for the other part of your message  we will see the end of the season what side does what 

1 hour ago, jolzy10 said:

Reckon we should just change this post to Duchy League! 🤔

St Erme to fold due to lack of players? 

5 hours ago, Hawks91 said:

Iv seen a few of the east Cornwall sides play this pre season and Iv seen some Duchy sides comfortably beat them 

I think gunnislake or alturnon will win that league this year by a big margin aswel 

Must be heavily involved in either mawgan or major to know that ? 
As Iv personally spoken to sed player and he is playing for st columb major 

as for the other part of your message  we will see the end of the season what side does what 

I’ve no doubt he is playing for St Columb during pre season.

Smart money is on him returning to St Mawgan within a few weeks.

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

St Erme to fold due to lack of players? 

I really hope that isn’t the case, especially seeing as I myself was there from day one when the club was founded back in 2012 and add to that the amount of work I put in behind the scenes as club secretary whilst at St Erme then it would be a sad day if that was the case. 

On 09/08/2021 at 23:12, jolzy10 said:

I really hope that isn’t the case, especially seeing as I myself was there from day one when the club was founded back in 2012 and add to that the amount of work I put in behind the scenes as club secretary whilst at St Erme then it would be a sad day if that was the case. 

A change of Secretary and other personnel at the club is always a big upheaval but I've been assisting them with working on keeping the club going. Don't think they are going to fold

6 minutes ago, peggy78 said:

A change of Secretary and other personnel at the club is always a big upheaval but I've been assisting them with working on keeping the club going. Don't think they are going to fold

Amazing!! That’s great news and really appreciate you supporting them like you have been, it’s a great club with great people and deserve to keep going.