Fareham Town  8-0       Street

Ilfracombe Town     4-3            Wellington

Millbrook           2-2          Saltash United

Mousehole        3-1        Helston Athletic

Oxhey Jets          2-0           Bitton

Shepton Mallet 0-0      Andover

St Austell            2-3          Tavistock

Tring     3-0           Keynsham Town

What an afternoon of football, I turned up at the very professional looking (windy) Trungle park greeted by an absolutely fantastic playing surface which is a credit to them. Very entertaining game of football with a real derby feel to it, some tasty challenges going in twinned with some persistent moaning and screaming to the referee! 
Helston didn’t really seem to have much of an approach tactically other than consistently playing the long ball up to the big number 9 to try and make something happen which just wasn’t going to win them this game, Mousehole grew into the game playing some fast football with players moving off the ball, Hayden Turner proved a real threat all game and they just couldn’t handle his relentless runs towards goal, to the point Massey then removed the Helston full back immediately after Turner turned him inside out for another very tidy finish, another example of the manager seemingly to have lost his head. Must add an absolutely fantastic strike from the Helston no9 into the top bin from 30yards was a highlight for them but all in all they were outplayed in all areas in this game. Must add though I feel that Devine at the back is treading water at this level and Mousehole will definitely need a centre half who’s comfortable at this standard of football, also the lad Magin on the wing looks like he’s also out of his depth in this standard, just my opinion.

What a game and what a result for Mousehole in their debut season in the FA CUP. Massive congratulations to all involved at the club. The playing surface looked like a carpet yesterday. 

Back to the drawing board and cheque book for Massey. I don’t see that staring 11 putting a dent in many defences this season. The No9 looked a handful and scored an absolute rocket, other than that no other player stood out. 

Someone at the ground mentioned that Helston turned up with a large quantity of champagne to celebrate after the game......will have to keep it on ice until next year. 

1 hour ago, Del Boy said:

What a game and what a result for Mousehole in their debut season in the FA CUP. Massive congratulations to all involved at the club. The playing surface looked like a carpet yesterday. 

Back to the drawing board and cheque book for Massey. I don’t see that staring 11 putting a dent in many defences this season. The No9 looked a handful and scored an absolute rocket, other than that no other player stood out. 

Someone at the ground mentioned that Helston turned up with a large quantity of champagne to celebrate after the game......will have to keep it on ice until next year. 

To be fair mousehole will be a handful for any team at home this season . They tore a good parkway team apart pre season. A good quality side 

I still think Helston will have a good season And they were missing the striker the scored the hat trick first game. Long way to go yet to  be writing a team off already. 

3 hours ago, Del Boy said:

I hope it was true about the champagne 😂😂😂 

3 hours ago, Del Boy said:

They could have used it to wash the egg off their faces ! 😁

10 hours ago, Del Boy said:

I think Helston taking Champagne was a nice gesture, I'm sure Mousehole appreciated it when they handed it over.  Very sporting!!

10 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

To be fair mousehole will be a handful for any team at home this season . They tore a good parkway team apart pre season. A good quality side 

I still think Helston will have a good season And they were missing the striker the scored the hat trick first game. Long way to go yet to  be writing a team off already. 

It was Matt Buchan who scored the hat trick away to Bridport last week. See that he is signed on a dual registration basis for Bideford, don't know if he has committed to them full time.

Mousehole v Parkwayis certainly a mouth watering prospect in a coupie of weeks time. Suspect that Lee Hobbs won't get caught out so badly on this occasion, and that the match will have a different feel to it.

Regarding Mousehole, the way they play the game and how they have been prepared and set up is very impressive, but (to me) their squad does look a bit short on numbers and quality in a few areas. Notice how they used Jack Calver (Bideford) and Jack Rhead (Parkway) in their opening couple of competitive matches. Wonder if players such as Paulo Souza, Kieron Toland and Amara Bakayoko (who have been prominent for them over the past couple of seasons) are returning?