Cornwall Football Forum

Southern Premier Players To Parkway?

Today Taunton have announced that both Club Captain Matt Wright and Vice Captain Shane White are leaving the club. As well as Tiverton announcing they will no longer have the services of Mike Landricombe and Steve Colwell.

All 4 Plymouth based I think. Coincidence? A week after the release of Parkway's documentary, will these four feature in the next installment for 20/21? I know two of the four made brief cameos in the documentary for Parkway with guest appearances. If any of them do join the Plymouth side, it will be key signings with bags of experience!

My opinion (not based on any inside knowledge), could see Mike Landricombe reuniting with Levi at St Blazey next season. They tend to follow each other around.

Shane White and Steve Colwell would be quality additions to the Parkway squad, not too sure about what Matt Wright would bring though.

Would imagine it’s more likely clubs clearing wage bills after what’s happened to their Finances this will be the start of clubs cutting back.  . All the player prob command a lot of money Traveling expenses etc. I also thought parkway were looking for younger players . And Matt wright would only come in to replace carter. 

The Players that have signed for Truro in the last 24 hours would probably still be able to dual register for Parkway, which wouldn't really be a surprise as Parkway liked to use higher league players last year to help in some games when that said player didn't have a game for his first choice club.  

I just hope Parkway are careful and don't just sign any big player that becomes available for the sake of it, their current squad is by far good enough to win the league.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Parkway twitter account today:-

PLAYER DEPARTURES 

Today we can confirm that Aaron Bentley, Jordan Copp, Craig Duff, Jack Calver and Adam Carter will leave the club

We wish them all well for the next stage of their footballing journey. Thank you lads

Assume that Jordan Bentley will also follow his brother out of the club. 

Given how highly regarded Aaron Bentley and Jack Calver were in the Round Our Way documentary, this is surprising.  Wonder if Aaron is on his way to either Taunton or Tiverton (would love to see Dave Barker come in from Saltash as replacement at right back) and if there is substance in the Helston rumours linking them with Calver. Aaron moving on just shows how important it is for Parkway to get promotion (if he is headed to a step 3 club). The likes of Kyle Moore, Billy Palfrey, Mikey Williams and Ryan Lane are no doubt also attracting attention from clubs higher up the pyramid.

Possibly the right time for Adam Carter to move on. An upgrade was probably needed in that lone striker role (assuming that's the system Parkway continue to play), but he can leave in the knowledge that he has buried the tag of being a "flat track bully" who can only score goals in South West/Peninsula Leagues.  

And there's more, hearing stories (not confirmed by official club sources) that Callum Hall has signed from Willand and Harrison Davis has joined after being released by Truro. 

Putting the house on promotion next season, when that might start (and in what form) is anybody's guess.

Getting rid of Calver, Copp, Bentley and Carter after all had outstanding reviews on the recent documentary is a little bit confusing. Calver and Copp were apparently the future of club?? Carters goal ratio was arguably the best around and they’ve all been released??

Hope this doesn’t come back to haunt them but looks a very weird situation going on. 

7 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Steve Colwell and Mike Landricombe confirmed via Plymouth Parkway Twitter as new signings. 

There was a Steve Colwill who made one appearance for Falmouth Town in 2005 ( CSC Away v Torpoint 10/12/05 )--

Would he be the same player ?  almost 15 years ago ?

4 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Getting rid of Calver, Copp, Bentley and Carter after all had outstanding reviews on the recent documentary is a little bit confusing. Calver and Copp were apparently the future of club?? Carters goal ratio was arguably the best around and they’ve all been released??

Hope this doesn’t come back to haunt them but looks a very weird situation going on. 

Getting rid of these players may be a bit of a strong statement, players do move on for many different reasons.Particularly disappointed though to be losing Aaron Bentley and Jack Calver, but I don't have the inside track on the process behind them going. Just have to wait and see where they end up next season (whenever that is).

Lots of talk and Player movement at Plymouth Parkway . I understand you need to plan for next season , but at the moment there is no idea what shape or form it will take. Who knows, if its a late start , that could mean NO FA Cup (there has already been talk of starting it in November at the first round proper!} No Vase or promotion is a possibility. I like the ambition of Parkway ,but you just wonder if there could be a lot of banging your head against the wall going on later this year. 

• 7 months later...
On 03/06/2020 at 21:31, MTC said:

Lots of talk and Player movement at Plymouth Parkway . I understand you need to plan for next season , but at the moment there is no idea what shape or form it will take. Who knows, if its a late start , that could mean NO FA Cup (there has already been talk of starting it in November at the first round proper!} No Vase or promotion is a possibility. I like the ambition of Parkway ,but you just wonder if there could be a lot of banging your head against the wall going on later this year. 

Well not a bad prediction in June ! The FA Vase has been a farce this season with plenty of Clubs having to withdraw due to Covid (Including Town), The League suspension now could go until March by the looks of it. Last season the league was declared null and void in March ,Town had 14 games left ,this season its 29 !!! It will be interesting to see what the FA come up with. UTT