Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Grassroots cancelled ??


Recommended Posts

So at what stage are player transfers allowed ? Not until after the end of the 2019-2020 season, which may be in August/ September/October ?  What if it rains a bit next year ? Apparently some games get cancelled down in Cornwall because of that. What about teams that go out of existence or reform somewhere else ? promotion/relegation decisions ? 

Wouldn't it be easier just to crown those currently top as Champions etc and make a new start, once cleared, next year ?

What did they do in 1939 ? (I suppose a war beginning on 1 September in those days was an ideally neat date). Hitler was more considerate than covid-19, perhaps.

What a complete arse Johnson and Trump are making of the whole process. They even make the FA look comparatively able. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, a subtle difference between advise and advice

1 minute ago, isaac rosenberg said:

 

Wouldn't it be easier just to crown those currently top as Champions etc and make a new start, once cleared, next year ?

 

 

 

Ah, St Just would win the league - I get it now!

Perhaps "points per game" would be a fairer method to decide the champions!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trelawny League fixtures update ,


I have just returned home from a meeting at Ccfa Office in Bodmin where we were informed that ALL football has been suspended until further notice .

Nobody knows when that may be but it doesn’t bode well for the remainder of this season 

Enjoy your break and stay healthy !!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John Mead said:

Yes, a subtle difference between advise and advice

Ah, St Just would win the league - I get it now!

Perhaps "points per game" would be a fairer method to decide the champions!

Trelawny Div 1

Penzance Reserves 2.555 points per game

St Just 2.526

Rosudgeon Reserves 2.316

Praze 2.214

Champions! Champions!

Link to post
Share on other sites

So good to know the noisy neighbours haven't succumbed to the plague yet, even though they have lost the ability to write a match report. Did that average include a points deduction for Penzance's lies to avoid playing Frogpool that the Trelawney League should have applied, but a mystery "committee" (David James ?) mistakenly tried to let Penzance  get away with ?  Is that why you "resigned" from the League Committee and claimed on here that Penzance "was nothing to do with you.," while you just keep whispering to all your little connections in the background, John ? County Hearing kicked into the long grass too now, no doubt ? Wouldn't be surprised if you ended up sitting on that too, like ground grading and God knows what else. Have you thought about getting your name changed to Mr Ryder by deed poll ? (One for the Oldies there !) 

In European competition, head to head results of 3-1 and 2-1 to St Just might also have some relevance in the event of a necessary tiebreaker.  But of course, you're not in Europe, are you ? The stupid Brexit turkeys down there voted for Useless Eustice, Joker Johnson and continuing poverty. That's going well, isn't it ? Watch the Tories sell out the Newlyn fishing fleet as a concession to boost the City of London. Hope none of you have got shares. Capitalism is getting screwed. Excuse my laughter, it makes me cough.

Quite glad football's all been shut down, actually. In Cornwall, It's been a shambolic fix for years, run by crooks. Give my regards to John Roberts as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

 Is that why you "resigned" from the League Committee and claimed on here that Penzance "was nothing to do with you.," while you just keep whispering to all your little connections in the background, John ? County Hearing kicked into the long grass too now, no doubt ? Wouldn't be surprised if you ended up sitting on that too, like ground grading and God knows what else. Have you thought about getting your name changed to Mr Ryder by deed poll ? (One for the Oldies there !) 

 

I thought I'd explained privately that I didn't stand for re-election on the Trelawny League Committee nor the SWPL rep on the CCFA Council due to a medical problem. I've not been involved in either this season or last. Neither have I had, or tried to have, any influence upon any decisions they've made since I left.

Penzance is still my Club - as St Just is yours - but like you, I believe, I hold no office or committee duties within the Club. I do look after the pitch and watch all home games of both teams - and that's it. I'm somewhat flattered by your incorrect assumption that I have so much influence over local football!

I always try to deal in facts rather than opinions or accusations; it keeps me sane!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

 

Quite glad football's all been shut down, actually. In Cornwall, It's been a shambolic fix for years, run by crooks. Give my regards to John Roberts as well.

Ran by crooks Rodney 🤣🤣 I remember one particular crook who used to get students to pay for a so called lottery each week so he could go round knocking on players doors of other teams to tempt them with large envelopes 😳

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

St Just are not the same without isaac down there...you can play football down now there without being permanently offside! 

I remember it very well him in the funny shorts running down the line but also remember the times of playing for st just and him keeping us in games 🤣😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MARKSY said:

Ran by crooks Rodney 🤣🤣 I remember one particular crook who used to get students to pay for a so called lottery each week so he could go round knocking on players doors of other teams to tempt them with large envelopes 😳

Thank you for all the kind memories, comrades.. Actually, students were never participants in any lottery, but helping to pay a few mortgages and rents in the likes of Troon and Pendeen with the proceeds of wealthier gamblers from Truro struck me at the time as in accord with good political principles. I've never been concerned about appearances at all, preferring houses and education to clothes and cars. I still wear those shorts ! I always dress in the dark so I seldom know what colour I am wearing. John Mead, John Mead ! No influence ? Course not, John. Neither have I. Football continues to be run by a little oligarchy of club representatives. When I lived on a farm near Summercourt some of your old mates, now dead, moved the CCFA area boundaries to stop me standing for election against one of them ! I once did a refereeing course at Culdrose and they shut it down half way through because they realised I was about to qualify. I was driven out of Cornwall fir political reasons unconnected with football. i am a lifelong Communist and asker of challenging questions. Inside and outside football, those who compose a corrupt conservative establishment, in the words of Corporal Jones, don't like it up'em ! Hope your medical problem is overcome successfully, John.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Thank you for all the kind memories, comrades.. Actually, students were never participants in any lottery, but helping to pay a few mortgages and rents in the likes of Troon and Pendeen with the proceeds of wealthier gamblers from Truro struck me at the time as in accord with good political principles. I've never been concerned about appearances at all, preferring houses and education to clothes and cars. I still wear those shorts ! I always dress in the dark so I seldom know what colour I am wearing. John Mead, John Mead ! No influence ? Course not, John. Neither have I. Football continues to be run by a little oligarchy of club representatives. When I lived on a farm near Summercourt some of your old mates, now dead, moved the CCFA area boundaries to stop me standing for election against one of them ! I once did a refereeing course at Culdrose and they shut it down half way through because they realised I was about to qualify. I was driven out of Cornwall fir political reasons unconnected with football. i am a lifelong Communist and asker of challenging questions. Inside and outside football, those who compose a corrupt conservative establishment, in the words of Corporal Jones, don't like it up'em ! Hope your medical problem is overcome successfully, John.

 I always dress in the dark so I seldom know what colour I am wearing.

Too much information Isaac!!! the original potty professor ...lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/03/2020 at 22:52, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

 I always dress in the dark so I seldom know what colour I am wearing.

Too much information Isaac!!! the original potty professor ...lol

Too many calling themselves "professor" nowadays, Older. Used to be a title of distinction, then the Americans got hold of it. Over there you would undoubtedly be the Penryn Plastics Professor of Herbicidal Arena Facilitation by now, and maybe the Glasney Memorial Senior Wrangler. Don't get me started on that lot down Tremough. The degree course I started got taken over by a Witchcraft specialist. Last I heard they weren't very well. If you're going to go tombstoning in some of our harbours, best to do it when the tide's in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Too many calling themselves "professor" nowadays, Older. Used to be a title of distinction, then the Americans got hold of it. Over there you would undoubtedly be the Penryn Plastics Professor of Herbicidal Arena Facilitation by now, and maybe the Glasney Memorial Senior Wrangler. Don't get me started on that lot down Tremough. The degree course I started got taken over by a Witchcraft specialist. Last I heard they weren't very well. If you're going to go tombstoning in some of our harbours, best to do it when the tide's in.

LMFAO🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...