St Dennis Reserves              P-P          Saltash United Reserves

St Mawgan                            6-0            Wadebridge Town Reserves

Sticker Reserves                  1-2          Saltash Borough

WEST

Illogan RBL                            2-3              St Agnes

Mousehole Reserves          2-2         Mullion

Perranwell                            2-1          Hayle

Redruth United                   P-P             Perranporth

St Day                                     2-0            Falmouth Town Reserves

St Ives Town                          2-1          Penryn Athletic

54 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Is that this season or next Steve 🤔

Hopefully this but the way things are going...........................................

Cautiously optimistic for this weekend though with that yellow thing in the sky making an appearance, no rain forecast (until tomorrow night) and a stiff breeze.

Illogan 2, St Agnes 3

Illogan get pegged back again! They were 2 - 0 down by half time (goals in minutes 12 and 42), uphill and against the wind. They looked to have turned it round by scoring in the 49th and 61st minutes but found it hard to establish any shape - their formation wasn't clear from the stand: 4 at the back, it seemed, then - what? The wind helped to pin Aggie back for long spells but Illogan couldn't take further advantage and a well-placed shot from outside the box just inside the right hand post sealed it for St Agnes in the 82nd minute. they even had time to hit the bar as well. Illogan could have saved a point if the lad at the far post on the end of a ball from the right had had a left foot to turn it in. Instead, he stretched out his right foot (actually, in the circumstances, the wrong foot!) and put it wide.

Names of scorers and culprits will have to be supplied by those in the know!

£1.50 codger entry, £1 tea, best seat in the ground (centre back row of the gleaming new stand). Ruddy cold, though! Good bit of banter once Moaner Lisa left.

St.Ives 2-1 Penryn

same as Marksy really, game ruined by the wind!! Shame to ruin this top 2 clash. The hosts just about deserved it I thought, looked more compact defending the wind 2nd half than Penryn did in the 1st half with a couple uncharacteristic mistakes for the goals. Just got in from a show in Plymouth but did a little report, will Chuck it on tomorrow 👍

ST.IVES    (2)  2        Sam Spurrier 3'  Max Clymo 31'

PENRYN  (1)  1        Ryan Reeve 23'

ATT: 74

REF: Mr Neil Rudkin

Arrived at the Saltings to be greeted with a gale force wind blowing straight down the pitch away from the dressing rooms. Felt for the players out there warming up as you knew it was never going to be a great spectacle in those conditions, nothing worse for a player than bad wind if you pardon the phrase! As expected the teams were evenly matched as you would expect from the divisions top two teams but the league leaders got off to a terrible start after just 2 minutes and 20 seconds which sort of set their tone for the afternoon really. A harmless looking pass back to keeper Dan Lord saw his kick out against the fierce wind hardly leave the floor and went straight to Sam Spurrier wide on the left 30 yards from goal and he took a touch inside before expertly sending it back into the empty net. On 10 minutes the visitors forced a corner on the right and Harry Roberts ball in caused panic in the home defence and after a bit of a goalmouth scramble Jack Rapsey saw his 12 yard volley clip the top of the crossbar. Penryn were level after 23 minutes though when Reggie Mays ball over the top held up perfectly against the wind and Ryan Reeve sprang the offside trap to run on and tuck the ball past Martyn Harding in the Saints goal. The lead only lasted 8 minutes when the usually immaculute Luke Osborne in midfield slipped whilst on the ball, Matt Spencer-Smith pounced to steal and slotted Max Clymo through and with more than a hint of offside i thought, confirmed to me later by a couple of Saints friends ran clear to toe poke past Lord with the expected flag never coming. 5 minutes later Lord had to be alert to back pedal and tip over a wind assisted cross from Josh Magin that was aiming for the far top corner and 2 minutes after that he looked to have been fouled by Clymo but play ensued and from the dropped loose ball Magin dragged his shot wide of the post from 10 yards when very well placed. The 2nd half possession was mainly dominated by the visitors with the Saints looking dangerous on the break, Jake Shaw saw his powerful shot clear the crossbar in the 65th minute for the visitors and a minute later the saints quick break saw experienced substitute Ian Hodges head just wide of the far post. 3 minutes later Lord drilled a kick out to Rapsey whose skilful flick saw him send Reeve clear on the left but a combination of the wind, a couple defenders quick to close down and the unreal undulating bottom left corner of the pitch saw Reeves attempted chip end up in the side netting.  Penryn went for broke last 10 minutes pumping a few balls into the Saints area but the closest they came to an equaliser was in the 87th minute when a clever flick by Reeve over the defenders head saw him run around him but shoot wide. St.Ives had a couple of late breakaways with Clymo looking dangerous but they came to nothing as Rudders blew his final whistle. The score was probably just about right on the day i thought, the hosts seemed to get to the ball first 70% of the time and had that little bit of luck on the day which Penryn certainly didnt. Shame the game was ultimately decided on a couple of errors but to be fair to the players it was pretty horrendous conditions to produce much of a spectacle. The result keeps the league interesting with Penryn still top a point ahead and with a game in hand on tuesday night against Redruth Utd under the Kernick Road floodlights weather permitting of course! Penryns goal difference is probably worth another point should it come down to it but both teams have difficult run ins having to play the likes of Hayle, Illogan, Perranporth and St.Day who are still not out of it themselves in my opinion so an interesting finish to the division is guaranteed. Just hopefully in better conditions for the players. 

1 hour ago, CentreHalf83 said:

See Hayle went down 2-1 to Perranwell yesterday. Thought Hayle would be up there challenging this season, not to be though. Is it they aren't as good as people think? Personally I think they have some decent players but lack a cutting edge at times. 

I watched the game yesterday and it was a fairly even game with Hayle wasting a few chances first half, but Perranwell could have scored a couple more second half. A good evenly contested game. Having watched Perranwell in their last 4 or 5 games they have been very unlucky, losing 1-0 to a deflected goal at Perranporth, losing 4-3 to Falmouth Town when they led 3-2 with ten minutes to go and yesterday winning 2-1 (goals by Will Snape and Tom Fisher). Maybe with players being more available The Well might make a good fist of the back end of the season? 👍🙏

22 hours ago, RAPPO said:

ST.IVES    (2)  2        Sam Spurrier 3'  Max Clymo 31'

PENRYN  (1)  1        Ryan Reeve 23'

ATT: 74

REF: Mr Neil Rudkin

Arrived at the Saltings to be greeted with a gale force wind blowing straight down the pitch away from the dressing rooms. Felt for the players out there warming up as you knew it was never going to be a great spectacle in those conditions, nothing worse for a player than bad wind if you pardon the phrase! As expected the teams were evenly matched as you would expect from the divisions top two teams but the league leaders got off to a terrible start after just 2 minutes and 20 seconds which sort of set their tone for the afternoon really. A harmless looking pass back to keeper Dan Lord saw his kick out against the fierce wind hardly leave the floor and went straight to Sam Spurrier wide on the left 30 yards from goal and he took a touch inside before expertly sending it back into the empty net. On 10 minutes the visitors forced a corner on the right and Harry Roberts ball in caused panic in the home defence and after a bit of a goalmouth scramble Jack Rapsey saw his 12 yard volley clip the top of the crossbar. Penryn were level after 23 minutes though when Reggie Mays ball over the top held up perfectly against the wind and Ryan Reeve sprang the offside trap to run on and tuck the ball past Martyn Harding in the Saints goal. The lead only lasted 8 minutes when the usually immaculute Luke Osborne in midfield slipped whilst on the ball, Matt Spencer-Smith pounced to steal and slotted Max Clymo through and with more than a hint of offside i thought, confirmed to me later by a couple of Saints friends ran clear to toe poke past Lord with the expected flag never coming. 5 minutes later Lord had to be alert to back pedal and tip over a wind assisted cross from Josh Magin that was aiming for the far top corner and 2 minutes after that he looked to have been fouled by Clymo but play ensued and from the dropped loose ball Magin dragged his shot wide of the post from 10 yards when very well placed. The 2nd half possession was mainly dominated by the visitors with the Saints looking dangerous on the break, Jake Shaw saw his powerful shot clear the crossbar in the 65th minute for the visitors and a minute later the saints quick break saw experienced substitute Ian Hodges head just wide of the far post. 3 minutes later Lord drilled a kick out to Rapsey whose skilful flick saw him send Reeve clear on the left but a combination of the wind, a couple defenders quick to close down and the unreal undulating bottom left corner of the pitch saw Reeves attempted chip end up in the side netting.  Penryn went for broke last 10 minutes pumping a few balls into the Saints area but the closest they came to an equaliser was in the 87th minute when a clever flick by Reeve over the defenders head saw him run around him but shoot wide. St.Ives had a couple of late breakaways with Clymo looking dangerous but they came to nothing as Rudders blew his final whistle. The score was probably just about right on the day i thought, the hosts seemed to get to the ball first 70% of the time and had that little bit of luck on the day which Penryn certainly didnt. Shame the game was ultimately decided on a couple of errors but to be fair to the players it was pretty horrendous conditions to produce much of a spectacle. The result keeps the league interesting with Penryn still top a point ahead and with a game in hand on tuesday night against Redruth Utd under the Kernick Road floodlights weather permitting of course! Penryns goal difference is probably worth another point should it come down to it but both teams have difficult run ins having to play the likes of Hayle, Illogan, Perranporth and St.Day who are still not out of it themselves in my opinion so an interesting finish to the division is guaranteed. Just hopefully in better conditions for the players. 

Cracking highlights here by modog.

Cornish VAR says goal.  Ball clearly already passed and still onside. 

that the problem with words they can be taken as gospel. 

I really hope Penryn think the wind beat them. 

6950F0D1-22F2-438B-8C7A-CD429E89F595.jpeg

Sure nobody thinks it’s gospel, if I’m there I just try and give an honest report for both teams for whoever is interested. 🤔

Not sure about that line!? Depends where you scribble your wonky red marker! You’ve started it in the right bottom corner!! Start in the middle of the picture and put a ruler across it! That’s straight as welll!! Yours looks more bizarre than VAR!! Was linesman Alan in front the play, in line, or behind!?! Looks onside from that one though doesn’t it but off on the video. To be honest Alan is one of the fairest club lino’s, and best in my opinion over the many years he’s been doing it and his positioning looks spot on from that picture and he gave it so it’s a goal, end of story regardless of where you want to position a convenient pretend line!!! 

I’m sure Penryn won’t think just the wind beat them, was the same for both teams, 😳 😂 St.Ives just coped better with it on the day on their own pitch and made less mistakes and just about deserved it I thought. Pretty sure both teams will drop points yet in their tough run ins, should be an interesting last 6/7 weeks of the season weather permitting!! 👍🏆