Godolphin v Roche (Away win awarded)

Padstow United 0 Foxhole 5

St Minver v Looe Town (Postponed)

St Stephen 1 St Dominick 2

St Teath 2 Plymouth Marjon 3

Veryan v St Cleer (Postponed)

WEATHER PERMITTING 

My predictions

GSM v North Peth to be a real close contest. GSM to edge it or draw. 

Godolphin to lose to Roche, by forfeit or match. 

Padstow to really struggle vs Foxhole. Heavy defeat. 

St Minver to beat Looe

St Stephen vs St Dom is tie of the weekend. 5 high scoring forwards on show and depends on how many they all score if they’re on it. 

St Teath v Marjons is probably the two youngest squads in the league. Marjons to edge it but huge respect to both of them for what they’re trying to do. 

Veryan v St Cleer. Lengthy trip for St Cleer. I’d have to vote for Veryan at home. Unless Cleer travel with a strong squad. 

Some results could depend on other games in the county being off. Who knows. 

Hopefully it wont cause any issues but have decided to let the game St Teath v Marjons go ahead .Pitch 85% ok a couple of bad places that will cut up badly .Explained to Marjons and have  agreed to give it a go.

Edited by kitbag

Padstow 0-5 Foxhole. 

Watched this game as working in the area, Foxhole a lot sharper and was very impressed with the lad Cheshire up front for Foxhole. Credit to Padstow, never gave up, but don't think they'd score if they were still there now! Foxholes keeper absolutely relaxed in a deck chair for 90 minutes virtually. Spoke to a few Padstow members, hope they keep going! Great people. Credit to Foxhole though, first time watched them for a while and they were very strong all over the park today. 

7 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Godolphin unable to raise a side again. Sympathies to the club but how many times has this happened now this season? How long can it continue before action is taken? Too many sides/clubs in the area now in my opinion.

6 I think, surely they should be removed from the league and all their results for the season cancelled so as to make it fair for all teams. Feel sorry for any club that folds but if you can’t fulfil fixtures for whatever reason you don’t deserve to be in any league let alone a senior one.

Great credit to Godolphin and the guys behind the scenes but how much long can this go on? -10 points in the league. 1st offence, fine and point deduction. 2nd offence, larger fine and point deduction. 3rd offence, surely out of the league. The league is already large, at 18, losing a side that is so unreliable wouldn't hurt as they could focus more on their first team. For the other sides in the league, we're surely at the point of no return. We can't continue to hope their 1st team are off to subside the reserves. Withdraw previous results and free up upcoming weekends. Sad to see as Tania and the gang are brilliant, Club seems to be really struggling.

St Teath v Marjons is probably the two youngest squads in the league. Marjons to edge it but huge respect to both of them for what they’re trying to do..Credit to Foul Throw for their prediction.. 

Credit also to St Teath for getting the game playable although the very heavy pitch made passing football extremely difficult.

St Teath started the brighter with 2 good chances without testing the keeper when they should have done better before Marjons created some decent chances of their own but again wasteful finishing led to the first half ending goalless at half time

Within a couple of minutes of the restart, Marjons took the lead when Louis Godwin got his first for the club with an excellent strike from just outside the box. Marjons had the better of the play and scored a second with a calm strike from debutant Callum Thomas. In truth, the pitch seemed to be the winner at this point but that changed when Connor Thomas received a straight red for dissent when reacting to a challenge from a St Teath player. Almost immediately, St Teath scored leaving Marjons to hang on for 30 minutes of normal play and what turned out to be 10 minutes of stoppage time with 10 men. St Teath had the lions share of possession and caused a threat from set pieces but Marjons held on until the last minute when a speculative shot from 25 yards sneaked in at the far post, causing wild celebrations amongst the home team and fans

With play virtually up, the question was whether St Teath could get a winner against 10 men but credit to Marjons who didn’t let the goal affect them. After defending another set piece, Marjons broke and Callum Thomas beat his man on the sprint, turned inside the last defender and calmly slotted the ball into the net for his second of the game and the winner 

After a drubbing at St Dominic last time out (best team we have played all season), it was great character and spirit from the Marjons team which started with 9 players aged 18 or younger. Games like this are excellent for their development. 

Thanks to Will for the hospitality and good luck for rest of the season

2 hours ago, Maybenextyear said:

St Teath v Marjons is probably the two youngest squads in the league. Marjons to edge it but huge respect to both of them for what they’re trying to do..Credit to Foul Throw for their prediction.. 

Credit also to St Teath for getting the game playable although the very heavy pitch made passing football extremely difficult.

St Teath started the brighter with 2 good chances without testing the keeper when they should have done better before Marjons created some decent chances of their own but again wasteful finishing led to the first half ending goalless at half time

Within a couple of minutes of the restart, Marjons took the lead when Louis Godwin got his first for the club with an excellent strike from just outside the box. Marjons had the better of the play and scored a second with a calm strike from debutant Callum Thomas. In truth, the pitch seemed to be the winner at this point but that changed when Connor Thomas received a straight red for dissent when reacting to a challenge from a St Teath player. Almost immediately, St Teath scored leaving Marjons to hang on for 30 minutes of normal play and what turned out to be 10 minutes of stoppage time with 10 men. St Teath had the lions share of possession and caused a threat from set pieces but Marjons held on until the last minute when a speculative shot from 25 yards sneaked in at the far post, causing wild celebrations amongst the home team and fans

With play virtually up, the question was whether St Teath could get a winner against 10 men but credit to Marjons who didn’t let the goal affect them. After defending another set piece, Marjons broke and Callum Thomas beat his man on the sprint, turned inside the last defender and calmly slotted the ball into the net for his second of the game and the winner 

After a drubbing at St Dominic last time out (best team we have played all season), it was great character and spirit from the Marjons team which started with 9 players aged 18 or younger. Games like this are excellent for their development. 

Thanks to Will for the hospitality and good luck for rest of the season

Fairly accurate if slightly biased report, can’t argue with the sending off with about 20 mins not 30 to go when you call someone a F****** albino C*** for a nothing challenge , right in front of the referee. Maybenextyear a new watch for Xmas!

Good to see 15 players on the pitch aged 18 or under.

2 hours ago, claret&blue said:

Fairly accurate if slightly biased report, can’t argue with the sending off with about 20 mins not 30 to go when you call someone a F****** albino C*** for a nothing challenge , right in front of the referee. Maybenextyear a new watch for Xmas!

Good to see 15 players on the pitch aged 18 or under.

Not sure where the bias comes in? Maybe I should get you a hearing aid when I’m getting my watch as he was called a T**t, which is also unacceptable. I didn’t mention that the same player ran up to the lad who was sent off and mocked him whilst he was on the side which could have brought a strong reaction, luckily the manager had good sense to withdraw the player at that time after he was cautioned for his behaviour. 
The reason I quoted 30 minutes was because 10 minutes stoppage time was added on 

1 hour ago, Maybenextyear said:

Not sure where the bias comes in? Maybe I should get you a hearing aid when I’m getting my watch as he was called a T**t, which is also unacceptable. I didn’t mention that the same player ran up to the lad who was sent off and mocked him whilst he was on the side which could have brought a strong reaction, luckily the manager had good sense to withdraw the player at that time after he was cautioned for his behaviour. 
The reason I quoted 30 minutes was because 10 minutes stoppage time was added on 

I think the St Teath lad was booked for his reaction also, sure they will both learn from that being youngsters, good game in difficult conditions..

On 18/01/2020 at 20:48, L.Gibbons said:

Great credit to Godolphin and the guys behind the scenes but how much long can this go on? -10 points in the league. 1st offence, fine and point deduction. 2nd offence, larger fine and point deduction. 3rd offence, surely out of the league. The league is already large, at 18, losing a side that is so unreliable wouldn't hurt as they could focus more on their first team. For the other sides in the league, we're surely at the point of no return. We can't continue to hope their 1st team are off to subside the reserves. Withdraw previous results and free up upcoming weekends. Sad to see as Tania and the gang are brilliant, Club seems to be really struggling.

It's such as shame for the people behind the scenes, but this is disrespectful to the league and the clubs putting sides on the pitch week in week out.

Exactly a third of their 18 "fixtures" have now been forfeited and 18 points handed to other sides. League titles, promotions and relegations could be decided by goal difference, or by the points they have given away, with more likely. Surely it can't go on like this? I don't believe the ECPL have a rule to enable expulsion (perhaps someone could confirm?), so it seems it's down to Godolphin. 

1 hour ago, Adlestrop said:

FA Standard Code : 20.14.1

C) In the event of a team not completing 75% of its fixtures for the season all points obtained by or recorded against such defaulting team shall be expunged from the Competition table.

And Godolphin have completed 66.66% over their fixtures.

27 minutes ago, Adlestrop said:

By my reckoning,they have 3 more to play with before expulsion!. at least their goal difference isn't suffering !

Why 3 more Adlestrop?

You're right on the GD front. But other teams are suffering because of that; i.e. those that are missing the opportunity to actually play them.

Shouter,maths was never my best subject ; but as I see things,to avoid expulsion they have to play 75% of their games (25 or 26 depending whether you "round up or down")

Having already played 12 they need to survive another 14 of the allocated 16 remaining.So it IS possible: however,my money is on an imminent voluntary

withdrawal.

However,I completely agree with your well-balanced comments-while sympathising with Tania's plight,there is no mileage in continuing-apparently

even CCFA cannot boot them out.

1 hour ago, Adlestrop said:

Shouter,maths was never my best subject ; but as I see things,to avoid expulsion they have to play 75% of their games (25 or 26 depending whether you "round up or down")

Having already played 12 they need to survive another 14 of the allocated 16 remaining.So it IS possible: however,my money is on an imminent voluntary

withdrawal.

However,I completely agree with your well-balanced comments-while sympathising with Tania's plight,there is no mileage in continuing-apparently

even CCFA cannot boot them out.

Ah, I see your logic, however I read it slightly differently.

Tania at Godolphin has done all she can for her club and i am sure she didn't expect such an exodus .There are so many clubs suffering the same problems and if it wasn't for the efforts of some very loyal old heads and some very enthusiastic younger lads i am pretty sure St Teath would have been in the same boat.We took a decision to stay in the ecpl after finishing bottom the previous season .We could have taken a place in the new St perrins league at the expense of St Mawgan or St Dennis res.Godolphin and a few others filled the gaps left by clubs taking the opportunity to move up from the lower duchy leagues into the new county formed league.That is where the problems started ,a league that was to be county wide with 16 teams which did not get the support because of the travelling involved suddenly split east and west with 32 teams The result of that was panic at ecpl meetings and 18 teams elected with 2 from plymouth (not there fault) and teams having to adapt to a bigger senior league. The St perrins league also have teams that have not been able to field teams Wadebridge St Dennis .It is so easy to dismiss the efforts of some to keep clubs alive but perhaps now that the St Perrins is up and running then things may settle down a bit and well all realise that the majority of us are village sides.Be a great help if the FA let kids play from 14 again maybe

I think even though it's not really been mentioned most clubs issue with Godolphin's situation are that they could have a massive effect on the  final league positions as some teams are getting walkovers,others getting massive goal difference in there favour & then others having to play Godolphin midweek & coming up against a strong side & dropping points .Hope they just manage to get there's problems sorted sooner rather than later for there benefit.

With Godolphin's withdrawal I'm sure the ECPL table will be updated over the next few days with points/GF/GA/GD all updated. A quick guess at the new points with Looe taking the biggest loss of minus 2 wins:

TEAM  PTS

Mount Gould

Torpoint Athletic Thirds

Foxhole Stars

St Minver

St Dominick

Veryan

St Stephen

St Cleer

Plymouth Marjon Reserves

Newquay Reserves

Roche

North Petherwin

Gerrans & St Mawes

Looe Town

Padstow Utd

St Teath

St Blazey Reserves

1 hour ago, L.Gibbons said:

With Godolphin's withdrawal I'm sure the ECPL table will be updated over the next few days with points/GF/GA/GD all updated. A quick guess at the new points with Looe taking the biggest loss of minus 2 wins:

TEAM  PTS

Mount Gould

Torpoint Athletic Thirds

Foxhole Stars

St Minver

St Dominick

Veryan

St Stephen

St Cleer

Plymouth Marjon Reserves

Newquay Reserves

Roche

North Petherwin

Gerrans & St Mawes

Looe Town

Padstow Utd

St Teath

St Blazey Reserves

We played them in the cup so will not lose any points. 

2 hours ago, L.Gibbons said:

TEAM  PTS

Mount Gould

Torpoint Athletic Thirds

Foxhole Stars

St Minver

St Dominick

Veryan

St Stephen

St Cleer

Plymouth Marjon Reserves

Newquay Reserves

Roche

North Petherwin

Gerrans & St Mawes

Looe Town

Padstow Utd

St Teath

St Blazey Reserves

A good use of company time LG! 👀

3 hours ago, L.Gibbons said:

TEAM  PTS

Mount Gould

Torpoint Athletic Thirds

Foxhole Stars

St Minver

St Dominick

Veryan

St Stephen

St Cleer

Plymouth Marjon Reserves

Newquay Reserves

Roche

North Petherwin

Gerrans & St Mawes

Looe Town

Padstow Utd

St Teath

St Blazey Reserves

Sorry to ask ...but has something happened to the G?????