Cornwall Football Forum

Penzance manager-less again

Word on the street in Penzance earlier today.........Penzance joint managers have already relinquished their roles with the club, can anyone at the club confirm this and is there anyone in line to take over?

At least if true, it gives the club time to get someone in to use the summer to get new players etc. 

With them getting promoted to Premier league it gives Penzance a chance to compete with their noisy neighbours, as the club has fantastic facilities and potential to compete on the bigger stage as they did year upon year in the past. 

32 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

Word on the street in Penzance earlier today.........Penzance joint managers have already relinquished their roles with the club, can anyone at the club confirm this and is there anyone in line to take over?

At least if true, it gives the club time to get someone in to use the summer to get new players etc. 

With them getting promoted to Premier league it gives Penzance a chance to compete with their noisy neighbours, as the club has fantastic facilities and potential to compete on the bigger stage as they did year upon year in the past. 

It really would be great to see Penzance back playing in top flight football. The ground is really great.

Hearing he walked out last night, not happy with players commitment at the end of the season, 'all egos no result's' was the quotation! But blimey they go through managers like the White Pyramid public house goes through bog rolls! Penzance potentially big, but something not quite right judging by manager turnover & only finished 3 places above Ludgvan

11 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Hearing he walked out last night, not happy with players commitment at the end of the season, 'all egos no result's' was the quotation! But blimey they go through managers like the White Pyramid public house goes through bog rolls! Penzance potentially big, but something not quite right judging by manager turnover & only finished 3 places above Ludgvan

Not enough players in that area to sustain a good number of quality teams...without shelling out big bucks to bring down good players.

That's a long old drag for a home match if you don't live in that vicinity. 

Rumour has it that Mr Money Bags at Mousehole has again launched a takeover of Pz and it is being voted on over the weekend.....I wonder if he has told the Mousehole committee this time before approaching Pz again, or told the Pz committee that Mousehole are all for it and really don’t know anything about it, I would assume that he has learnt from last time, but no doubt done with smoke and mirrors at the forefront......

I can't see this happening. A proper Cornish football club like Penzance selling the club (& more importantly it's  supporters) to merge with their smaller noisy neighbour's to help fund their rivals dreams!

I remember playing against  Penzance down at Penlee in the late 70's, a top place to play ( they had a top team then as well! ) Some of those guys back then  would be disgusted to hear of this if true, it's like Walsall getting a millionaire owner & trying to talk Aston Villa or Birmingham in to doing things their way! 

Also what would happen to this season's group of players who have played, & the supporters who have followed them for years ?? You can't ask them to just swap Alliance ..

As an avid magpies fan I truly hope this isn’t true, would this historical Club really merge with the Circus over the road ?? From what I’m hearing Mousehole have the Ccfa in their pocket and are becoming untouchable in Cornish football !! If they want to be a pro Club go mix it with the big boys and stop hiding behind a #buildingacommunity label whilst trying to gain unfair advantages amongst local volunteer run Clubs, please Pz make a statement and say this isn’t true

David

1 hour ago, David187 said:

As an avid magpies fan I truly hope this isn’t true, would this historical Club really merge with the Circus over the road ?? From what I’m hearing Mousehole have the Ccfa in their pocket and are becoming untouchable in Cornish football !! If they want to be a pro Club go mix it with the big boys and stop hiding behind a #buildingacommunity label whilst trying to gain unfair advantages amongst local volunteer run Clubs, please Pz make a statement and say this isn’t true

David

David, can you shed some light on how Mousehole have the CCFA in their pocket. Will be interested to hear. Sounds like it will all end in tears. 

Well let’s just say with regards to their youth setup they are basically an academy being allowed to operate in local volunteer run youth football, numerous uefa b coaches etc and now entering basically what is an academy football league, and also their (as stated on the Ccfa website) Academy manager now on the Fa youth council as “male engagement officer” , and all the issue with them forming a team at Marazion when its clearly Mousehole 3rds, the list goes on and on but nothing is ever done about it, it’s getting to the point now that it’s destroying local Clubs, that’s Marazion basically gone now Penzance who’s next !!!

16 hours ago, David187 said:

Well let’s just say with regards to their youth setup they are basically an academy being allowed to operate in local volunteer run youth football, numerous uefa b coaches etc and now entering basically what is an academy football league, and also their (as stated on the Ccfa website) Academy manager now on the Fa youth council as “male engagement officer” , and all the issue with them forming a team at Marazion when its clearly Mousehole 3rds, the list goes on and on but nothing is ever done about it, it’s getting to the point now that it’s destroying local Clubs, that’s Marazion basically gone now Penzance who’s next !!!

Marazion had already folded before Mousehole stepped in to help......correct me if I’m wrong. 

Penzance unfortunately was summed up by Jon Mead, instead of moaning about what people are doing, step up and help the club rather than sitting on the side lines and criticising. 

Local football clubs are as strong as the people in the background. Players will come and go, if you have a strong foundation in the background you can survive, unfortunately from what I have read the support wasn’t there for Penzance which is a crying shame. 

As much as I feel this a horrendous decision for both Penzance Football Club & Cornish Football as a whole, Del Boy is right. Nowhere near enough people putting themselves forward to help run these clubs. It’s not just Penzance. Falmouth, Porthleven, St Blazey, Newquay & probably several others are struggling to find volunteers or committee members to keep clubs going & push them forward. It’s quite simple, players just want to have game of football & then go home. They don’t give a toss about who cuts the grass & marks the pitch, who washes the kit, who provides the kit, who runs the tea hut or mans the gate, where does the money come from to pay affiliation fees to the leagues. Unless they start to realise they have to do something, more clubs will be selling themselves to anyone with a few quid, or worse, folding completely.

unfortunately, not enough people care any more. Cornish football is in a bad way !!!

1 hour ago, kevin richards said:

As much as I feel this a horrendous decision for both Penzance Football Club & Cornish Football as a whole, Del Boy is right. Nowhere near enough people putting themselves forward to help run these clubs. It’s not just Penzance. Falmouth, Porthleven, St Blazey, Newquay & probably several others are struggling to find volunteers or committee members to keep clubs going & push them forward. It’s quite simple, players just want to have game of football & then go home. They don’t give a toss about who cuts the grass & marks the pitch, who washes the kit, who provides the kit, who runs the tea hut or mans the gate, where does the money come from to pay affiliation fees to the leagues. Unless they start to realise they have to do something, more clubs will be selling themselves to anyone with a few quid, or worse, folding completely.

unfortunately, not enough people care any more. Cornish football is in a bad way !!!

Not often we agree Kev 😉

Have you taken the hot seat at Porthleven?

2 hours ago, kevin richards said:

Couldnt agree more with this! well said!!!! 

6 hours ago, kevin richards said:

Nail. On. Head