Cornwall Football Forum

New rules from June 1st

The ball not having to leave the area is a good one as you can cheat if you’re under pressure. 

I don’t get why there isn’t a tougher law for keepers handling a back pass, if the ball is heading in, the keeper can save it and it’s just an indirect free kick. No yellow card, no red card.  It should be a red card imo 

Recruit new officials and get rid of the rubbish they they have at the moment. 

You only have to look at the premier league this weekend and see the amount of errors made or laws not applied

Sissoko not sent off

Sterling offside decision

Arsenal Penalty

Foul on Allison

And I’ve not watched half of MOTD yet!

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

You only have to look at the premier league this weekend and see the amount of errors made or laws not applied

Sissoko not sent off

Arsenal Penalty

Foul on Allison

Darren,

Did you decide they were errors straight away or after you saw the slow-motion replay?

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

Sissoko not sent off

Arsenal Penalty

Foul on Allison

All part and parcel of the great game of football. 

Sanitize it - ruin it.

Leave it alone I say. 

1 hour ago, Goldeneye said:

Darren,

Did you decide they were errors straight away or after you saw the slow-motion replay?

Forget slow motion. Slow motion doesn’t happen!

It was an obvious foul on the keeper that the Lino should have been watching. It was a soft foul on Lacezette but it was John Moss reffing! The Lino has given the correct decision on the Sterling thing bug the ref has overruled him. The sissoko one, the ref has seen and given him a yellow!!! So tell me I’m wrong. 

Im not an advocate of VAR on certain things as I think they are about perception on them but the referees need to get things more right than what they are. 

• 4 weeks later...

I accept that it is easy to be critical when you don't know all the facts  BUT How is it that FIFA  can ticker with trivialities in the rules but constantly overlook  the one offence that people moan about ie. players showing dissent by crowding round the referee and telling him his job . It happened today yet again in the Norwich , QPR  game  when a Norwich player fouled a QPR  player . The referee was surrounded by QPR players demanding he send the Norwich  player off , later in the game the reverse happened .To me it's such a simple thing to prevent but nothing is done about it . Sadly this behaviour  filters down to the lower level and makes the referees job even harder .

Edited by fenman
silly old fool mixed teams up