Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin 0 Falmouth 1

20 hours ago, BIG AL said:

That maybe so but it is true, £6. pounds each week from the state pension is one hell of a sum. If I had worked for local government, circumstances would have been much more fruitful !

I am expressing my own opinion which is what counts. Do you really  think that those sort of offers are genuine,l do not think so !

I have good news for you. As a pensioner you get reduced admission. £4 at Falmouth, £3 at many other grounds.

11 hours ago, cornishrambler said:

Yet another topic turns into a bashing of @BIG AL @leedsunited and Bodmin. 

It gets rather boring for those that want to see football discussed.

I get having a laugh but it seems 95% of threads turn to the same 3 things...

Have to agree cornishrambler, and what's worse still - its turning off genuine contributors from writing on here.

What can we do about it?

On 26/10/2018 at 10:13, hedgerow said:

It may have been a lucky goal and a boring game, but a win is a win, 3 points on the board. And if your relying on hear say perhaps you should remove yourself from your keyboard ? and watch a game then you can give an opinion on this forum. 

Can't believe u r defending those 2 Dave Deacon they r two of the biggest problems with this site, both of them r solely on here to wind people up. Even Bodmin disowned Leeds last season because of the constant rubbish he spouts. If they dish it out they should expect a bit back.

16 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

Can't believe u r defending those 2 Dave Deacon they r two of the biggest problems with this site, both of them r solely on here to wind people up. Even Bodmin disowned Leeds last season because of the constant rubbish he spouts. If they dish it out they should expect a bit back.

16 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

Perhaps people that reply concentrate on the football and not convey personal insults.Everyone is entitled to a view on the sport.

19 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

Not a case of defending individuals for me but rather to protect the integrity of this forum!

48 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Not a case of defending individuals for me but rather to protect the integrity of this forum!

I am sorry Dave but BIG AL in particular is a troll and he has no other interest on this forum than causing trouble with his ludicrous nonsense he repeatedly spouts on here. I suggest to you he is the 1 who needs dealing with to protect the integrity of this forum. 

4 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Perhaps people that reply concentrate on the football and not convey personal insults.Everyone is entitled to a view on the sport.

You don't even watch the games , then comment, wind the peeps up......and then play the "I'm being picked on" card.

Tedious Al ....tedious, but you are obviously enjoying yourself.

14 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Have to agree cornishrambler, and what's worse still - its turning off genuine contributors from writing on here.

What can we do about it? 

Shy of banning both Leeds Utd and Big Al ( not advocating that ) there is little YOU can do, but appeal to the punters who rise to the bait, not to respond when controversial posts are made on the forum purely to aggravate or upset individuals by any contributer rather than anyone in particular.
The two in question take a fair share of flack, but as with any argument or dispute, you need at least two contributions for it to flourish.

11 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I think he means in general!

What shouldn’t be done is people lowering their own standards of debate!

Agreed, as above lets not respond to deliberate provocation !!

38 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Git out, 'tis a bit of fun, never known two people so happy to be laughed at.

Not the opinion of admin it seems, or if he is correct, the potential contributions from those who don't see the forum as a FOOTBALL forum but rather as a place to trade personal insults.
As a lepoard can't change its spots, we don't expect it to change, and unsurprisingly those who fail to acknowledge an insult aimed at a prticular individual as fun, will continue to refrain from making constructive comments about FOOTBALL on the forum.
We have seen some rather less than happy replys to some posts recently, in fact one post was that unpleasant and disgusting, that it was taken down.