Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin 0 Falmouth 1

Fal had the better chances and over the 90 you could say they deserved to win. Bodmin looked pretty good defensively but very poor going forward, the 2 strikers were very similar in all the wrong ways. Completely different to the direct running and pace of the Falmouth front 2. 

A decent game that never really fired up, expected a few  meaty tackles, and a few bruises, but ...no, a technical rather than a passionate one.

Falmouth with the real chances, Bodmin huffing and puffing with no real threat other than the Hobbs fella, he's good.

Could have been a 5-0 to Falmouth, but win it with a fluke rebound 20 yards out.

Falmouth very dangerous on the break, Bodmin could not live with their pace when they broke away.

Well reffed by the man in the middle, and the two lino's.

Bodmin centre-half looked impressive but no-one seemed to know who he was. Later found out that he was Kai Fisher. Is he a regular or a midweek  ringer bussed in like these clubs do?

thought Falmouth played well but failure to hit the target in the 2nd half kept the game alive. Just about deserved the win on overall play but the goal was a bit of a fluke!

Hobbs looked dangerous on the ball but both strikers didn't move the town defence around enough to truly trouble them. James Ward imperious as usual. No wonder Bodmin were interested in him in the summer.

UP THE TOWN!

Bodmin: Harvey; Harris, Clarke, Fisher, Timmins, Whipp, Colwill, Gilbert, Hobbs, Bowyer, McGhee.

Subs used: Steer, O'Hagan, Moody

Unused: Ryan, McCreery

Falmouth: Barnes; Blizzard, Moody, Duff, Cooper, Ward, Brabyn, Broglino, Bowyer, J.Annear, Nixon.

Subs used: T.Annear, Perraton, Martt

Unused: Pickup, Westgarth.

Bookings: Bodmin 4, Falmouth 1

Huge stroke of luck for Falmouth for the goal but their performance merited the win.

Thought the homophobic language from Kai Fisher was a bit out of order.

11 hours ago, Fanfare said:

Bodmin: Harvey; Harris, Clarke, Fisher, Timmins, Whipp, Colwill, Gilbert, Hobbs, Bowyer, McGhee.

Subs used: Steer, O'Hagan, Moody

Unused: Ryan, McCreery

Falmouth: Barnes; Blizzard, Moody, Duff, Cooper, Ward, Brabyn, Broglino, Bowyer, J.Annear, Nixon.

Subs used: T.Annear, Perraton, Martt

Unused: Pickup, Westgarth.

Bookings: Bodmin 4, Falmouth 1

Huge stroke of luck for Falmouth for the goal but their performance merited the win.

Thought the homophobic language from Kai Fisher was a bit out of order.

Luke Johnson suspended (from his Penzance days) and Matt Buchan I guess injured after limping off  early v Helston

46 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

For Bodmin Hobbs dangerous for 45 looked quite sharp then seemed to lose interest, the other guy up front not so good, seen scarecrows with more mobility

Nothing to do with not being interested, no service, just did not get the ball.

He picked up some lovely spots during the second half, but mostly raised both arms in frustration when the ball did not get delivered.

A combination of good defending, and poor delivery stopped him receiving the ball.

The other fella No18 spent to much time moaning at himself, and everyone really!

All he did was put himself off.

4 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Nothing to do with not being interested, no service, just did not get the ball.

He picked up some lovely spots during the second half, but mostly raised both arms in frustration when the ball did not get delivered.

A combination of good defending, and poor delivery stopped him receiving the ball.

The other fella No18 spent to much time moaning at himself, and everyone really!

All he did was put himself off.

I think that sums up the game. Good defending from Falmouth and poor finishing from Bodmin when they were able to get through.

Thought this fixture was interesting but lacked the real quality expected.

Goal was lucky but Falmouth looked like a team with a plan in comparison to Bodmin who have no real pattern of play.

I think Bodmin have no chance of succeeding in the league but are dangerous in Cup competitions due to the strongest X1.  As for Falmouth- i think they are outsiders for the league but who knows!!

48 minutes ago, SWL Veteran said:

Thought this fixture was interesting but lacked the real quality expected.

Goal was lucky but Falmouth looked like a team with a plan in comparison to Bodmin who have no real pattern of play.

I think Bodmin have no chance of succeeding in the league but are dangerous in Cup competitions due to the strongest X1.  As for Falmouth- i think they are outsiders for the league but who knows!!

Still nothing from Big Al  or leeds utd with his usual honest match report .

?                                                                                                                                          Ah, there you are BIG AL, not on strike then

18 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

?                                                                                                                                          Ah, there you are BIG AL, not on strike then

19 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Little to comment about on the game. From what I am told it was a lucky goal and a boring game of football. I suppose things can only improve !

20 minutes ago, hedgerow said:

It may have been a lucky goal and a boring game, but a win is a win, 3 points on the board. And if your relying on hear say perhaps you should remove yourself from your keyboard ? and watch a game then you can give an opinion on this forum. 

Well I wouldn’t take no notice of Alan. Us real Falmouth supporters are proud of how far the team have come and developed since fearing relegation after the Tavistock 0.7 defeat at the start of last season. A clean sheet against a team with the likes of Glynn Hobbs In is an achievement. Yes a fluke goal but Jack Bowyer chases every ball down and works his socks off. His pace is lightening. P.s no one saying we will win anything this year again ( hope we do) but challenging again for trophies again is down to the hard work of all concerned with the club . 

1 hour ago, hedgerow said:

It may have been a lucky goal and a boring game, but a win is a win, 3 points on the board. And if your relying on hear say perhaps you should remove yourself from your keyboard ? and watch a game then you can give an opinion on this forum. 

I would if icould afford the ludicrous £6 entry fee.

Plenty of members on this forum have offered to give you lifts, pay entrance fee and buy you a cup of tea. But you have turned it down, so really you are running out of excuses for not attending games and then give an honest posting on the game you have watched. 

Start attending games then maybe, a big maybe, members will read some constructive comments     

8 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

That old chesnut is worn so thin now...everybody can see through you.

That maybe so but it is true, £6. pounds each week from the state pension is one hell of a sum. If I had worked for local government, circumstances would have been much more fruitful !

46 minutes ago, hedgerow said:

Plenty of members on this forum have offered to give you lifts, pay entrance fee and buy you a cup of tea. But you have turned it down, so really you are running out of excuses for not attending games and then give an honest posting on the game you have watched. 

Start attending games then maybe, a big maybe, members will read some constructive comments     

I am expressing my own opinion which is what counts. Do you really  think that those sort of offers are genuine,l do not think so !

No problem in expressing an opinion, but it only counts, in my opinion, if you were attending a game. You are giving your opinion, from here say, which in my opinion, does not count. 

Whoever offers you a lift and pay entrance fee for you, call their bluff, then you will know if it is genuine or not. 

At least Leeds gives his opinion as he sees it because he watches the games. 

10 minutes ago, hedgerow said:

No problem in expressing an opinion, but it only counts, in my opinion, if you were attending a game. You are giving your opinion, from here say, which in my opinion, does not count. 

Whoever offers you a lift and pay entrance fee for you, call their bluff, then you will know if it is genuine or not. 

At least Leeds gives his opinion as he sees it because he watches the games. 

What has this got to do with Leeds ? Keep to comments regarding football rather than individuals and their habits !

We don't know Big Al or Leeds Utd , and have no allegiance with either Falmouth or Bodmin, but Big Al does have a point, this is a FOOTBALL forum .
He should remember this when a few positive remarks about football  and its participants carries much more weight than continuous snipeing and criticisim of a particular team or person that does little to convince anyone that a post is anything other than akin to sour grapes..

3 hours ago, BIG AL said:

That maybe so but it is true, £6. pounds each week from the state pension is one hell of a sum. If I had worked for local government, circumstances would have been much more fruitful !

Thought you worked????

If you had paid into a pension anywhere your circumstances would be different.

29 minutes ago, cornishrambler said:

Yet another topic turns into a bashing of @BIG AL @leedsunited and Bodmin. 

It gets rather boring for those that want to see football discussed.

I get having a laugh but it seems 95% of threads turn to the same 3 things...

Well said Cornishrambler, couldn't agree more. Some people seem to be obsessed with Myself & Bodmin. I appreciate Success breeds Jelousy & Envy from a few but some of the boys & girls on here are literally Obsessed.