Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combo Results - 6/5/17

Results
Saturday 6th May'17
Newquay Reserves (Louis Price) 1-9 St Ives Town (Joel McWilliams 6, Max Davies 2, Josh Magin) 
 Att- 25
Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ben Allen-Bassett 2, Kyle Cooke, Toby Clarke) 4-2 Ludgvan (Gerens James, Jamie Devine)
Att- 70
RNAS Culdrose (Johnny Greig) 1-5 Carharrack (Ryan Stephens 2, Ed Wilton, Glen Patterson, Jake Shaw) 
Att- 17
St Just (Neil Stephens, Andrew Curnow) 2-4 St Day (Gavin Boon 2, Luke Hart, Rob Hosking)
Att- 35

Supplementary Cup Q-F
Porthleven Reserves (Gavin Perraton 2, Sam Young, George Molcher, Oscar Furgus-Gay) 5-1 St Agnes (Luke Wort)
Att- 61

12 hours ago, S Abbo said:

Good luck carharrack..  it will be much deserved. 

Should'nt be that big a task beating Culdrose on flora day should it!? Could be double figures! Leave early to avoid the traffic! I'll be heading down and will be sheltering somewhere, can you drive up to the pitch?

2 hours ago, Hosky Mourinho said:

Well done to Carharrack on Winning the League , enjoy your night. I hope you were presented the cup today ? Well deserved over the course of the season shame we won't meet next season but once again congratulations from Ludgvan AFC.

??something tells me you will Hosky they just won't have the same name ??

9 minutes ago, roger moore said:

St Ives goalscorers were Joel McWilliams x6, max Davies x2 and josh magin.....young side at Newquay outplayed today but they kept going till the end.....congratulations to carharrack from all at st Ives......deserved winners of the league....

Newquay goalscorer: Louis Price (pen)

Yeah spot on Keith, absolute top man Steve is. Not only a great football brain but a lovely chap. Fiercely competitive for 90 minutes which he's installed in his boys as well but after the game you won't meet a nicer bloke. Not everyone looks forward to a trip to St.Just but I used to love going there and Pendeen! Had to earn your goals down there and then a good soak in the bath back Truro counting the cuts and bruises! Great days and good education as a young teen! ??⚽️

14 hours ago, Keeper#1 said:

Wendron for the carharrack lads?

I heard perranporth, which would make sense to why Ed Wilton has been playing for there reserve side when they don't have a game... ?

Why would anyone want to take Harry Pipe and the Carharrack team ? You only have to look at what he did to Threemilestone and eventually what will happen at Carharrack to see it is a trend.  Wendron would be better off with what they have already. 

15 hours ago, Keeper#1 said:

I heard perranporth, which would make sense to why Ed Wilton has been playing for there reserve side when they don't have a game... ?

15 hours ago, Keeper#1 said:

may even have something to do with him living in perranporth 

4 hours ago, druth1966 said:

Why would anyone want to take Harry Pipe and the Carharrack team ? You only have to look at what he did to Threemilestone and eventually what will happen at Carharrack to see it is a trend.  Wendron would be better off with what they have already. 

Who's Harry Pipe?

Can I just squash any rumours (as far as I am aware anyway) linking Harry with ourselves. As far as I'm aware, Harry took over Carharrack as a project to get them into SWPL, I may be wrong. The biggest challenge after winning the league is the year after in defending it! 

Ed Wilton is obviously a top player, but I believe he is off for a bit. He made his step into men's football at Wendron and featured alongside several of today's first and second team squads, as well as alongside our first team and second team managers. 

Ourselves, in recent years, have gone through quite a quick conveyor built of managers with Rob Watt, Craig Martin, Paul Murray, Stu Massey, Charlie Davis and now Jack Greenwood all taking charge over the last few years - so for us it would be nice to get a few years of consistency. With Jack with have a very qualified football brain who the players and club officials respect and who is taking the club forward on and off the pitch. 

Like any team, we will hope to strengthen each of our teams (SWPL Div 1 West, Trelawny Prem, Trelawny 2 and Trelawny 4) in the summer and invite anyone along to pre season training (which is far too early to discuss). 

5 hours ago, druth1966 said:

Druth, assuming you're a Redruth follower, would you not take Pipey and the boys at Redruth?

57 minutes ago, Harry Pope said:

Who's Harry Pipe?

That'll be you sunbeam! 

19 minutes ago, COYG said:

Druth, assuming you're a Redruth follower, would you not take Pipey and the boys at Redruth?

I'm not a follower of Redruth or any other team. I just follow football in general, I like to watch whichever local game takes my fancy. As for your question about taking Harry Pipe and the boys, if I was anything to do with a local team I would recommend that the club steer clear of him. I believe club officials have a duty to ensure the long term longevity of football clubs, bringing in a whole new group of players and a manager that have a track record of leaving clubs in the lurch is not the way forward. 

5 minutes ago, druth1966 said:

That'll be you sunbeam! 

I'm not a follower of Redruth or any other team. I just follow football in general, I like to watch whichever local game takes my fancy. As for your question about taking Harry Pipe and the boys, if I was anything to do with a local team I would recommend that the club steer clear of him. I believe club officials have a duty to ensure the long term longevity of football clubs, bringing in a whole new group of players and a manager that have a track record of leaving clubs in the lurch is not the way forward. 

When you say 'track record'... he's left 1 club? Managers come and go, as do players, it's nothing uncommon, especially in local football. Players seem to follow each other, and managers. He's now been at Carharrack for 3 years? ? Longer than he was at three milestone 

23 minutes ago, COYG said:

He's now been at Carharrack for 3 years? ? Longer than he was at three milestone 

Which is exactly how long it has taken TMS to get back on their feet again after he left them in the lurch. Don't shoot the messenger but I believe the wheels are already in motion to move on, would have been nice for the club if they'd been informed. It's the old boys at Carharrack that I feel sorry for. They will be the ones left to pick up the pieces. 

2 minutes ago, druth1966 said:

Which is exactly how long it has taken TMS to get back on their feet again after he left them in the lurch. Don't shoot the messenger but I believe the wheels are already in motion to move on, would have been nice for the club if they'd been informed. It's the old boys at Carharrack that I feel sorry for. They will be the ones left to pick up the pieces. 

Well I would love to know where you get your information from! It's a shame people are talking about the demise of Carharrack 3 days after they won the league, should be celebrated. Great achievement.

Jees there are some jelous people out there.

Last season we congratulated Ludgvan on winning the league and it was great that they have done the same to us. The first time in 50 years.

The same with St Ives winning the League Cup which remarkably we did last season in our first attempt. 

What Harry and the lads have achieved together is awesome and their team spirit is amazing. But we still haven't finished and will be looking to completing our final 90 minutes this Saturday.

Then the hard work starts again improving our ground for next season. 

I wish some people would worry about their own clubs more than they do others.

16 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

Can I just squash any rumours (as far as I am aware anyway) linking Harry with ourselves. As far as I'm aware, Harry took over Carharrack as a project to get them into SWPL, I may be wrong. The biggest challenge after winning the league is the year after in defending it! 

Ed Wilton is obviously a top player, but I believe he is off for a bit. He made his step into men's football at Wendron and featured alongside several of today's first and second team squads, as well as alongside our first team and second team managers. 

Ourselves, in recent years, have gone through quite a quick conveyor built of managers with Rob Watt, Craig Martin, Paul Murray, Stu Massey, Charlie Davis and now Jack Greenwood all taking charge over the last few years - so for us it would be nice to get a few years of consistency. With Jack with have a very qualified football brain who the players and club officials respect and who is taking the club forward on and off the pitch. 

Like any team, we will hope to strengthen each of our teams (SWPL Div 1 West, Trelawny Prem, Trelawny 2 and Trelawny 4) in the summer and invite anyone along to pre season training (which is far too early to discuss). 

you didnt squash much there???