Cornwall Football Forum

A way back for Truro reserves??

I can't believe that a club the 'size' of Truro City FC can't function and run a reserve side. It's laughable really. Forget the fact of supporting the first team. It still confuses me as to why Truro City don't have a successful youth system. There should be an opportunity created by them to help increase the opportunities and playing standards of the Cornish youth. I think that this would make the club more sustainable, and more likeable by the Cornish public.

Up and down the county clubs are able to provide football for a range of ages and abilities, I know we are not the only club to do so, but we have 4 men's Saturday teams, a Sunday league team, many a youth side. Ok we do not pay players, but surely having some sort of 'youth system' whether it be a Saturday morning coaching session with a chance to meet players, or an under 16s and 18s teams, or a full blown youth team would be of the benefit for Truro? Yet alone a reserve team regardless of being four leagues or whatever below.

I think the thing that bothers most people however is the complete lack of respect shown by the people in charge of the club to their reserve team managers, players and staff, as well as the SWPL committe. Was this decision not considered at the end of last season giving the opportunity to try and salvage something and before time was wasted by managers organising training, talking I players etc and SWPL organisers doing all they do?

Have always praised City for their ambition and have enjoyed visiting there on the odd occasion and have never really understood completely people's hatred of them. But this lacks all respect and courtesy. Cowardly to be honest.

Agree, equally as cowardly as when Wendron pulled out of SWP.

Fair arguement Skippy. In their defence and as a player at the time, Wendron lacked the finances and quality to fulfill the season, and gave it a go; I think it was a decision the club lived to regret and hopefully now are moving back in the right direction. The difference was most of the SWP side apart from one had left us, meaning that players had to step up from combo and trelawney/FalHelston league. Truro had a squad in place. Wendron also had a combination squad, plus 2 junior sides,meaning they could launch another attack on the SWPL if desired. Truro do not; they have dropped two sides (a senior side now and a junior side) in recent years.

Maybe all is not lost…. have heard by a very long grapevine tonight that an U19s side has been set up and will play in the new U19 league in Cornwall.

well done lads - at least the real Truro City can celebrate its 125 year anniversary alongside their youth set-up.

Looks like someone is thinking about the future for young players around the area and not just trying to get a quick buck!

~savetrurocity~

I reckon Truro City has got it bang on with a new youth set up and there loan system all makes sense sorry about foxhole thou

Is there going to be any Youth teams up and running for this coming season?

As for the loan system, have they got a big enough squad yet to have to worry about players not getting game minutes in with themselves?

"The matter has to be dealt with under league rules and the club will receive written notification in the next few days of the penalty for late withdrawal."

Read more: http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Foxhole-Stars-pull-Carlsberg-SWPL/story-21740969-detail/story.html#ixzz38Je4LPmC

Read more at http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Foxhole-Stars-pull-Carlsberg-SWPL/story-21740969-detail/story.html#rzG6PmCXizeMJTar.99

This is a bloody disgrace perhaps Hiscox should jump on the radio again and explain his actions

The under 19 side is only going to last 1 or 2 years and then will need a whole new squad again, what's going to happen with those players then? Are they going to learn enough in that time to become members of truro's first team?

Same as all clubs with under 19/21 ,If they prove they are good enough they progress to the first team if not they end up playing local football elsewhere ,I wouldn't mind betting mr masters et al are looking to supply the first team in years to come with young local talent and looking further than that if they can unearth a local gem eg Kevin Miller ,Nigel Martyn or Wayne Quinn then make alot of money too ,if they don't have an academy in place they have a lot less chance of this happening so all the best to their plan !

I still reckon Truro will get relegated this coming season.

Their proposed youth academy will never work, because any decent Cornish player will sign up to a pro club in the hope of becoming a professional.

What do Truro have to offer ? A bankrupt club that are still not discharged , no ground, and odds on for relegation to play alongside Tiverton ?

Yeah dream on !

Bit harsh Gripper are you a Scouser and a Truro a City hater? It's a great Club and probably the best financed Club in the South west and what a lovely coach true spirit of Cornwall but you would know best I just talk a load of crap :)

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, July 23, 2014 - Possibly libellous?
Hidden by Dave Deacon, July 23, 2014 - Possibly libellous?

Not a Scouser but a realist.

I more than anyone would love to see a football league club in Cornwall, but the administration at TCFC have be courted and wooed by a bunch of morally and financially bankrupt turds...That I cannot support.

Frankly Truro have become the biggest bores in years.

Lets face it, they got off bloody lightly the way they wriggled out of sheds load of debt and were allowed to continue.

Yes we did hit rock bottom,but with the help of one of our local businessmen and the work of the local supporters we are alive to fight another day,and things at Truro have never looked better.But no thanks for the likes of you with your snide little remarks.

If Truro went down the pan tomorrow,we can at least say we went down fighting at a level of football that no other club in the county dared to give it a go at.Like it or not Truro have brought football history to the county and put Cornwall on the footballing map.

Not like your StBlazey,who were kings of your own little dung pile for years,but afraid to travel over the Tamar.But how times have changed in recent years,with Blazey fighting of relegation in the last couple of seasons.

Happy days.

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, July 23, 2014 - Personal discussions that will never be proved either way
Hidden by Dave Deacon, July 23, 2014 - Personal discussions that will never be proved either way

I more than anyone would love to see a football league club in Cornwall, but the administration at TCFC have be courted and wooed by a bunch of morally and financially bankrupt turds...That I cannot support.

A realist ? No I would say you are another one of the anti Truro brigade.

So you reckon our new chairmen are financially bankrupt,well,have you got any proof of that ? It's news to me.

You don't half talk a load of rubbish.

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, July 23, 2014 - Libellous reference
Hidden by Dave Deacon, July 23, 2014 - Libellous reference

Your comments are bordering on slanderous if not true ,I'd be wary of what you write on here !

What the hell are you on about turd?

Truro and foxhole would have both been fined £1000. People feel for foxhole as they've pulled out because of lack of players of the required standard. Truro pulled their team out leaving a load of players not bring able to play for Truro. They're hardly going to get sympathy.

No, I'm not from Liverpool

Foxhole have finished bottom for the past two seasons and came as no big surprise.

Probably notified the SWPL in the right procedure and not via the press.

Regarding a Truro Under 19 side-are there any other u19 Cornish clubs to form a League or will it mean travelling the South West to play Argyle/Exeter and Torquay youth set ups etc

Its about time this thread was put to bed so what if there isnt any reserve side i expect only half a dozen people watch them anyway so dont know what all the fuss is about Mr Masters seems to have his heart in the club and what i have seen of the 1st team so far i have been very impressed with there performances

Im not sure if Truro would be able to benefit from this league as it is intended for youngsters that are not playing regularly and are not yet ready for senior football.

MQx

Thanks for that Martin. I was under the impression that the purpose of this scheme was to get people back into the game playing and so like you I can't see a club like Truro benefitting from this at all!