Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v Newquay AFC - TONIGHT 7.30pm

Glynn Hooper takes his battered and bruised Peppermints side to Blaise Park for the first time since he took over at Mount Wise. St Blazey will want revenge for the 2-3 defeat earlier in the season in front of 250+ at Newquay, let's hope it will be a good crowd tonight and an equally good game.

Big win for St Blazey tonight. Thats 5 wins on the bounce now. First half was ok but the second half was simply awful to watch. Im not sure if any off those players even new each other. So many mistakes and awful passing. The result all important though. Well battled lads.

Either way, we were done by the odd dodgy decision at Newquay in August so we will take any luck tonight. Good shout for a penalty in the second half and Tom making a couple good saves to keep Newquay in the game. Newquay will look to a disallowed goal in the first half. Good to meet up with the Judge and Phil Hiscox......both closet Blazey fans!!!!

Full credit to Bobby Oaten for the job he is doing at St Blazey. so many people turned their backs on the club when the money dried up but Bobby took the job when they had nothing and when relegation was a real possibility. I'm sure that the committe and everybody at the club is feeling very satisfied this evening.

Outsider, perhaps if we had your report it may make better reading, you obviously know everything. Newquay were denied a perfectly good Danny Brook goal by the Lino, after the ref had given it, that would have made it 1-0. Middleton had to go off early in the first half (one of the Batttered & Bruised brigade), I could name several others out, but our friend Outsider will already know who they are.

Blazey will say they may have had a penalty, when the No.9 fell looking for a Pen and should have been booked for diving in the box - result, a free kick to Blazey outside the box, thats how bad the officials were.

As for the rest of the game, it was too cold, too many stray passes on both sides, not enough crosses to trouble either defences, Keepers had a reasonably quiet night but when called into action, were both in good form. Blazey grabbed the one clear chance they had and that was the real difference at the end of the day, they scored, Newquay didn't.

Always good to see Paul and Trainspotting Phil (his third Newquay match in a week, perhaps he is a closet Pepppermint). Fair sized crowd, maybe 140-ish, although only 40-50 from Newquay.

Keep the faith, some may say there is nothing left to play for, but you show me a footballer who goes into a game not wanting to win :goal::goal::goal:

Nemesis,

I love reading you posts and your replies to others, and know you are a passionate Newquay supporter and you probably do a lot for your club.

But, in your reports Newquay seem to come off worst, having all the wrong decisions etc. I am sure all teams suffer from injuries, unwanted decisions etc etc, (see Paul's report). I cannot do a report because I wasn't there but looked forward to reading yours and Pauls, because you are both real passionate fans.

I am sorry, but I did it to see what your reaction would be and it was just as I expected.

Keep Posting

All the best

Right, anyone with a football brain will say Newquay were the better team, played all the football and to be honest were very unlucky to Lose, St Blazey had that lady luck with them all night, key decisions went St Blazey s way.

I was very disappointed with Danny Brooks attitude, he was different class on the ball but work rate off the ball very poor, does he pick the team? A few times he was shouting over to Mr hooper.

What formation did Newquay play? 4 5 1?