Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Fixture - Sat 24th Sept 2016

Combo Results
Saturday 24th September 2016
Falmouth Town Reserves (Kevin Morris, Harry McMellon, Ben Kellow, Max Everard) 4-1 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Jackson Saunders)
Att- 101
Holman SC (Jack Mankee 3, Reece Monteith, Jack Byrne, Kyle Hampton) 6-1 Illogan RBL Reserves (Matt Roberts)
Att- 30
Ludgvan (Gerens James 3, Ryan Holland, Zac Williams) 5-0 Hayle
Att- 50
Perranporth (Danny Ford, Sean Giddings, Matt Laithwaite) 3-6 Helston Athletic Reserves (Will Paul 2, Craig Tanner, Jamie Greet, Lewis Hall, Martyn Webster)
Att- 22
Perranwell (Dominic Pullen) 1-2 Carharrack (Ryan Stephens, Jake Shaw)
Att- 34
Redruth United (Chris Dower) 1-1 St Just (???)
Att- 20
St Agnes (Luke Wort 3, Mark Bell 2, Sam Waters, Ross Maynard) 7-1 RNAS Culdrose (Ashley Spinks)
Att- ???
St Day (Liam Paddock 4, Luke Hart 2, Gavin Boon 2, Luke Leah 2, Lee Gribble, Matt Witts) 12-0 Newquay Reserves 
Att- 31
St Ives Town 0-0 Mullion 
Att- 30

Apparently Helston scored 7 goals but I only saw 6. The times I got were:

1-0 6m (Helston keeper did a 'Taibi')

1-1 16m

1-2 24m

1-3 30m

33m Perranporth penalty saved

1-4 43m (Superb goal)

Half Time

1-5 67m

2-5 72m

2-6 75m

3-6 89m

The game was well reffed by Alan Hoon and the attendance was about 22

Ludgvan  5- 0 Hayle got there just before H/ T with Hayle a goal  down , second half Ludgvan   scored another four , they are clinical in front of goal and as well as Hayle played they were well beaten , the youngsters kept trying to play football the right way but ,Ludgvan are champions for a reason  they are strong all over the park  and keep the ball moving  not many faults in their game that teams can exploit , good win for Ludgvan  and no disgrace to Hayle to lose today  .

So nice of Mr Roberts to allow the tinners an away game today. Six of the first eight at home,same pattern as last year despite complaints about it.  The fa website advises that his beloved helston are playing two games simultaneously next werk. He now makes phone calls about their fêtes as though he were their secretary, with timing that would be in breach of his own league rules.  Thank goodness he's got his missus on to the league committee  to hold him accountable

I understand that the chairman was one of the wise men determining that no applicants for promotion this year had appropriate facilities. If they had, they would have replaced porthleven reserves. No conflict of interest there,then. Looking forward to the next easter Sunday payday at gala parc.....why not rename the league cup the vital Vidal beer kitty ?

9 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

So nice of Mr Roberts to allow the tinners an away game today. Six of the first eight at home,same pattern as last year despite complaints about it.  The fa website advises that his beloved helston are playing two games simultaneously next werk. He now makes phone calls about their fêtes as though he were their secretary, with timing that would be in breach of his own league rules.  Thank goodness he's got his missus on to the league committee  to hold him accountable

I understand that the chairman was one of the wise men determining that no applicants for promotion this year had appropriate facilities. If they had, they would have replaced porthleven reserves. No conflict of interest there,then. Looking forward to the next easter Sunday payday at gala parc.....why not rename the league cup the vital Vidal beer kitty ?

Rodney

One application and that was from Trevenson United. they finished 5th so would not have been promoted anyway, plus they had lost their ground. So please don't talk rubbish and not hearsay.

10 hours ago, roger moore said:

Attendance at st Ives was about 30...after all the goals of recent weeks bit of a shock today at the saltings as no goals....mullion set up to get a point and to their credit battled well to achieve their aim..........st Ives had the better chances but could not finish off their good approach play...

I think that is slightly biased! Yes we set up not to lose the game but had as many chances as St Ives and possibly the better. Ross Wara crashing the ball against the bar from 25 yards with about 10 to go. 

Even more shocked after all the goals in recent weeks but couldn't score against a team with a short central midfielder in goal ?

3 minutes ago, YoungPercy said:

I think that is slightly biased! Yes we set up not to lose the game but had as many chances as St Ives and possibly the better. Ross Wara crashing the ball against the bar from 25 yards with about 10 to go. 

Even more shocked after all the goals in recent weeks but couldn't score against a team with a short central midfielder in goal ?

Some lovely food after the game mind! 

Holman SC 6 - 1 Illogan Reserves 

Well after our drumming last week we were desperate to win this game and I think it showed in the heavy rain at Blaythorne. Illogan have always had the upper hand in the derby matches and judging by the predictions on here everyone was expecting that to stay the case.

We gave the visitors a goal when a short goal kick into the wind/rain was lobbed over our 'keeper after about 3mins. Roughly 5mins later Reece Monteith levelled with a good volley just inside the box in his new high visibility boots B) Illogan then gave us a goal after a short back pass from captain Simon Ellis was neatly finished by Jack Mankee to make it 2-1. I think our third was the pick of the goals. 16 year old Jack Byrne with a first time side foot volley from 12 yards out after a long arching cross from the left hand side. That was his first senior goal.

The second half was more of the same with Mankee grabbing a hat-trick after converting a penalty which came about after another short back pass put Reece Monteith through on goal before being taken down by the onrushing goalkeeper. I can't quite remember the other Mankee goal but he definitely scored 3 :D 16 year old Kyle Hampton also scored with a smart finish after a cross for his first senior goal as well. 

Illogan did have a couple of dangerous counter attacks and probably should've made more of them with Chris Shackley going through one on one . Defensively we were much better yesterday though with the returning Shane Richards putting in a good performance at centre half. Really encouraging result and the starting line up featured 3 x 16 year old lads, all of whom put in excellent performances. 

scorers - Jack Mankee x3, Reece Monteith, Jack Byrne and Kyle Hampton. 

I would guess the attendance to be around 30?

5 hours ago, YoungPercy said:

Not sure who is slightly biased here young Percy, possession wise st Ives dominated and your keeper was certainly the busier of the two but as I said above you battled well and got lots of blocks in.....not knocking it, you played on the break and came close on a couple of occasions......Leicester did it all last season and look what they achieved .......??

6 hours ago, a little bit of a dinho said:

Holman SC 6 - 1 Illogan Reserves 

Well after our drumming last week we were desperate to win this game and I think it showed in the heavy rain at Blaythorne. Illogan have always had the upper hand in the derby matches and judging by the predictions on here everyone was expecting that to stay the case.

We gave the visitors a goal when a short goal kick into the wind/rain was lobbed over our 'keeper after about 3mins. Roughly 5mins later Reece Monteith levelled with a good volley just inside the box in his new high visibility boots B) Illogan then gave us a goal after a short back pass from captain Simon Ellis was neatly finished by Jack Mankee to make it 2-1. I think our third was the pick of the goals. 16 year old Jack Byrne with a first time side foot volley from 12 yards out after a long arching cross from the left hand side. That was his first senior goal.

The second half was more of the same with Mankee grabbing a hat-trick after converting a penalty which came about after another short back pass put Reece Monteith through on goal before being taken down by the onrushing goalkeeper. I can't quite remember the other Mankee goal but he definitely scored 3 :D 16 year old Kyle Hampton also scored with a smart finish after a cross for his first senior goal as well. 

Illogan did have a couple of dangerous counter attacks and probably should've made more of them with Chris Shackley going through one on one . Defensively we were much better yesterday though with the returning Shane Richards putting in a good performance at centre half. Really encouraging result and the starting line up featured 3 x 16 year old lads, all of whom put in excellent performances. 

scorers - Jack Mankee x3, Reece Monteith, Jack Byrne and Kyle Hampton. 

I would guess the attendance to be around 30?

The prediction league seems to be giving managers fire power! Was that a team talking point for you ?

10 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Rodney

One application and that was from Trevenson United. they finished 5th so would not have been promoted anyway, plus they had lost their ground. So please don't talk rubbish and not hearsay.

It must be so nice for the senescent establishment of the league to have a guard dog like you to do their yapping for them,  Paul. Sounds like a real promotion of responsibility for you from the days of looking up adolescents' times and dates of birth . 

24 Sept 2016

Perranwell 1 Carharrack 2

Carharrack dominated for the first quarter but it was Ryan Stephens close range hit inside the 6 yard box that gave the Reds the lead after 20'.

After the interval Carharrack were awarded a corner and it was captain Jake Shaw who launched into the air to head the ball into the back of the net after 50'.

With the rain lashing down Well were awarded a harsh penalty for handball, Dom Pullin stepped up but it was GK Scott Gilbert that kept it out.

With 2 mins to go Perranwell Pullin pulled a goal back but it was too late.

10 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

It must be so nice for the senescent establishment of the league to have a guard dog like you to do their yapping for them,  Paul. Sounds like a real promotion of responsibility for you from the days of looking up adolescents' times and dates of birth . 

What the hell are you talking about?

You seem to be more touched in the head every posting.

4 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:
15 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

I thought we were going to stop people posting on this site if all they are doing is slagging off individuals, clubs or establishment. ???

No need to be personal on here. !!!!

It seems reflective of the zeitgeist that there is a call for censorship as soon as an opinion critical of the amateurish clique that runs this junior league is expressed. It is disappointing that ctb should shiw such appalling contempt for the right of the mentally ill to self-expression in his last post. Whatever trevenson United's league position last season, it us outrageous that the decision as to whether or not they should replace porthleven reserves is taken by a group led by porthleven's longest standing stalwart.  Although the decision may well have been correct the procedure for taking it stinks. The move away from proper meetings attended by represent atives of every club to a small "cabinet" of a few old friends from porthleven,helston.illogan and Penzance plus yogi young has deprived those who are aware of the underlying farce no legitimate voice. So what's the response from the intellectuals of Cornwall ? Censor the forum ! No wonder oof the poorest region in northern Europe returns Tory MPs. Turkeys voting for Xmas !

6 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

It seems reflective of the zeitgeist that there is a call for censorship as soon as an opinion critical of the amateurish clique that runs this junior league is expressed. It is disappointing that ctb should shiw such appalling contempt for the right of the mentally ill to self-expression in his last post. Whatever trevenson United's league position last season, it us outrageous that the decision as to whether or not they should replace porthleven reserves is taken by a group led by porthleven's longest standing stalwart.  Although the decision may well have been correct the procedure for taking it stinks. The move away from proper meetings attended by represent atives of every club to a small "cabinet" of a few old friends from porthleven,helston.illogan and Penzance plus yogi young has deprived those who are aware of the underlying farce no legitimate voice. So what's the response from the intellectuals of Cornwall ? Censor the forum ! No wonder oof the poorest region in northern Europe returns Tory MPs. Turkeys voting for Xmas !

You do make me smile isaac :D

Who on that executive committee represents non-swpl clubs' interests ? Why do st just,year after year, open with strings of home games ? I have been complaining about this since 1995. How come the committee did not arrange a single league representative fixture for three seasons and now,within two months if Steve curnow relinquishing the post in frustration, immediately set up a number of games ? Outside Cornwall, club and fa representatives would cast aside this febrile administration,but my fellow cornishmen do not have the spirit to challenge injustice, which is why they live as impoverished underlings of a distant and indifferent misgovernment. No guts,no glory.

3 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Who on that executive committee represents non-swpl clubs' interests ? Why do st just,year after year, open with strings of home games ? I have been complaining about this since 1995. How come the committee did not arrange a single league representative fixture for three seasons and now,within two months if Steve curnow relinquishing the post in frustration, immediately set up a number of games ? Outside Cornwall, club and fa representatives would cast aside this febrile administration,but my fellow cornishmen do not have the spirit to challenge injustice, which is why they live as impoverished underlings of a distant and indifferent misgovernment. No guts,no glory.

No isaac - just lazy.