Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Friday night football - March 16th 2018

Let's see Big Al play on a pitch that started to cut up after around 20 mins and finish the game. He would probably struggle to finish a roast dinner. Credit to both teams for playing the game, match officials for allowing the game to take place and of course to the groundsman for getting the pitch playable.

1 hour ago, hedgerow said:

Let's see Big Al play on a pitch that started to cut up after around 20 mins and finish the game. He would probably struggle to finish a roast dinner. Credit to both teams for playing the game, match officials for allowing the game to take place and of course to the groundsman for getting the pitch playable.

I have done it in my youthful days !

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 06:23, THE BALD ONE said:

Still waiting for you to explain Al.

Years ago, football was  played in the rain and on muddy pitches, this was part of the game. Nowadays the snowflakes do not like playing when it is wet and complain that the pitch is too hard when it is dry ! Officials do not help by wanting to call games off ain case it might rain on the day.

So you are not banging your head against a brick wall, that is the explanation.

38 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

But did you see the Parkway pitch Big Al .......... No.

So you were not in a position to make a judgement.

Parkway have played on many a dodgy pitch this season and nobody has complained , so think you have been a bit harsh Al.

I am not criticising Parkway but local football generally. In fact Parkway is one of the best clubs not only in football standards but socially aswell. I have always received a friendly smile and a chat when I have been, in fact the opposite to my club !

2 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

But did you see the Parkway pitch Big Al .......... No.

So you were not in a position to make a judgement.

Parkway have played on many a dodgy pitch this season and nobody has complained , so think you have been a bit harsh Al.

He's  just a wind up merchant and an attention seeker bald one .myself and others don't rise to the bait anymore .

12 hours ago, mattelot said:

He's  just a wind up merchant and an attention seeker bald one .myself and others don't rise to the bait anymore .

And you are not I assume.  You will have a shock when I turn up at Falmouth, or am I forbidden entry ?

16 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Years ago, football was  played in the rain and on muddy pitches, this was part of the game. Nowadays the snowflakes do not like playing when it is wet and complain that the pitch is too hard when it is dry ! Officials do not help by wanting to call games off ain case it might rain on the day.

So you are not banging your head against a brick wall, that is the explanation.

All well and good Al but are you a bit of a snowflake too? Many a time you state on here you do not attend games as kick off times are too early/too late, in the wrong location, football ground in need of repair, don’t feel welcome at a ground etc.... Years ago fans just used to turn up to watch football no matter what  

1 hour ago, quiksilver said:

All well and good Al but are you a bit of a snowflake too? Many a time you state on here you do not attend games as kick off times are too early/too late, in the wrong location, football ground in need of repair, don’t feel welcome at a ground etc.... Years ago fans just used to turn up to watch football no matter what  

Because of work commitments (SOME P[EOPLE DO STILL WORK) I cannot attend a ko earlier than 3pm and weather does not prevent me from attending.