Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boogaloo Bob

Favourites

Recommended Posts

Down to the last 16 I believe Boogaloo Bob. I'd say Lizard could be there or thereabouts. Then you've also got to look at teams like Penwith Exiles and perhaps Sticker Reserves. It's very tough to pick a clear winner this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2018 at 14:40, Harry Gords said:

St Day will make Semis, they got lucky in the draw for the next round. Along with New Inn Titans, Lizard and finally Sticker Reserves are my favourites 

You think St.Stephen's is a easy game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2018 at 20:59, Bryan Jones said:

New Inn Titans should be in an around it having watched them in pre season.

they face off against mousehole. having reffed both sides recent it will be a hard game. mousehole look strong with no weakness and titans move the ball around and keep procession really well. a good game in-store for the spectators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Inn Titans lost 5-2 at Home to St Stephen 2nds in pre season, so I imagine St Stephen Soccer Clubs 1st team will be more than enough if they come up against each other at all. I was joking about the easybdraw for St Day. Over recent seasons in the junior cup,  the standard in the West seems to be a lot lower than the East, lets see what this season brings 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dylan118 said:

When will the draw be for the next round next week sometime I take it? 

I'm sure this has been announced already a few days ago. It's on another section of the forum I believe. If I'm correct it's fairly soon.

UPDATE - The following was posted by David Bray on January 6th. > Anticipating doing both the Senior Cup Q/F and Junior Cup Q/F draws at the County Office on Monday week ( 15th ) . Irrespective of the number of matches completed by that date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14 January 2018 at 20:53, CornishRhino said:

I'm sure this has been announced already a few days ago. It's on another section of the forum I believe. If I'm correct it's fairly soon.

UPDATE - The following was posted by David Bray on January 6th. > Anticipating doing both the Senior Cup Q/F and Junior Cup Q/F draws at the County Office on Monday week ( 15th ) . Irrespective of the number of matches completed by that date.

Did the draw take place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Simon2389 said:

Considering PZ Reserves (trelawney 4) hammered St Minver 5-2 I don't you're correct lol

Hi, it was a duchy prem/Trelawny comparison we were after. So your east cornwall/Trelawny 4 comparison not really relevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, StarMan42 said:

Hi, it was a duchy prem/Trelawny comparison we were after. So your east cornwall/Trelawny 4 comparison not really relevant.

I would say Simon2329 is a player from Trelawney League?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StarMan42 said:

Hi, it was a duchy prem/Trelawny comparison we were after. So your east cornwall/Trelawny 4 comparison not really relevant.

St Minver's Duchy Div 2 side!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t speak for the East side but didn’t a fair few Trelawny Prem sides draw each other in the earlier rounds? 

Always think it’s pretty even myself. East have a slightly larger catchment don’t they? Don’t know off the top of my head how many teams are in each setup? Would that make a difference? 

Think that the St Mawgan v Lizard game and result reflects it being relatively even in terms of ability. Would be quite good to play a Trelawny select v Duchy select. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

Can’t speak for the East side but didn’t a fair few Trelawny Prem sides draw each other in the earlier rounds? 

Always think it’s pretty even myself. East have a slightly larger catchment don’t they? Don’t know off the top of my head how many teams are in each setup? Would that make a difference? 

Think that the St Mawgan v Lizard game and result reflects it being relatively even in terms of ability. Would be quite good to play a Trelawny select v Duchy select. 

16 from each went into the countywide draw. I think the level is much closer than previous years with many west sides losing in close games to east teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

Can’t speak for the East side but didn’t a fair few Trelawny Prem sides draw each other in the earlier rounds? 

Always think it’s pretty even myself. East have a slightly larger catchment don’t they? Don’t know off the top of my head how many teams are in each setup? Would that make a difference? 

Think that the St Mawgan v Lizard game and result reflects it being relatively even in terms of ability. Would be quite good to play a Trelawny select v Duchy select. 

Like the old days! Would be a decent game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/02/2018 at 19:51, Asterix said:

Like the old days! Would be a decent game 

East select v west select. Would be a cracking game. But who would you choose as players and managers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harry Gords said:

Really thought St. Day would of gone through to the next round.

St Stephen FC with a 'cupset'!

St.day are a mid table team. Can't see how you would put them as favourites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cola said:

East select v west select. Would be a cracking game. But who would you choose as players and managers? 

Well, would have to be, 3 managers. See who’s been consistently performing in the leagues, through out the past 3 seasons. Maybe pick a manager from each district, for the west, eg: Penwith area, Truro area and in the middle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, davegrose said:

He's one of their backers,got deep pockets but very short arms apparently!

Rosey you don’t know what you’re on about. How are St Dennis 2nds doing? I’m a big fan of St Dennis but you’re not performing I’m afraid. Even with first team getting involved. 

Im hoping for the rest of the season you put in some effort and get us out this slump. However, St day are a really good outfit and fancied them for the Final of the Junior Cup at least! 

Hope to share a beer with you while watching the final at Easter! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Harry Gords said:

Rosey you don’t know what you’re on about. How are St Dennis 2nds doing? I’m a big fan of St Dennis but you’re not performing I’m afraid. Even with first team getting involved. 

Im hoping for the rest of the season you put in some effort and get us out this slump. However, St day are a really good outfit and fancied them for the Final of the Junior Cup at least! 

Hope to share a beer with you while watching the final at Easter! 

U r aware that I no who u r hiding behind this name ur using lol,wasn't that long ago u were playing at st Dennis was it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, willy7 said:

Harry you watch st.day often?

No I can’t get there as often as I like

1 hour ago, davegrose said:

U r aware that I no who u r hiding behind this name ur using lol,wasn't that long ago u were playing at st Dennis was it!

 

Never played for St Dennis I’m afraid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harry Gords said:

No I can’t get there as often as I like

Never played for St Dennis I’m afraid. 

Who do you know that they are a really good outfit if you haven't seen them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, willy7 said:

Who do you know that they are a really good outfit if you haven't seen them?

Who do I know?

I see them play, BUT NOT AS OFTEN AS I LIKE! You asked if I see them often.

Cant a man go to watch a few local games and have an opinion without being singled out and bullied? Also accused of having a false identity? Harvey Hamm for god sake?

My name is Harry Gordon. "Gordsy" or "Gords" back in the good old days when my body would let me play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Harry Gords said:

Who do I know?

I see them play, BUT NOT AS OFTEN AS I LIKE! You asked if I see them often.

Cant a man go to watch a few local games and have an opinion without being singled out and bullied? Also accused of having a false identity? Harvey Hamm for god sake?

My name is Harry Gordon. "Gordsy" or "Gords" back in the good old days when my body would let me play.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Gordon_(footballer)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×