Cornwall Football Forum

atmosphere

Guest Urban Spaceman

Guest Urban Spaceman

listening to the rugby on radio cornwall u can hear how loud the crowd are. on saturday with the comentry on truro it sounded like only the comentaters were there. they mite of been further away from the action than the rugby but speaking to sumone else last nite they said how little atmosphere there was in the windsor game despite the 1100 fans

listening to the rugby on radio cornwall u can hear how loud the crowd are. on saturday with the comentry on truro it sounded like only the comentaters were there. they mite of been further away from the action than the rugby but speaking to sumone else last nite they said how little atmosphere there was in the windsor game despite the 1100 fans

i was going to say ,perhaps we need a mouthy ****** like the judge,but then having been at the perranporth game v newquay,never heard him all game,only sing when your winng. :drink: :c:

Guest Man on the Post

All to do with locations of grounds Urban Spaceman! The same amount of noise produces a completely different atmosphere at low level, bowl-like grounds such as Falmouth, St. Blazey, Porthleven, Penzance etc., compared to higher level grounds such as Truro, Newquay etc. :D

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

The only way you can create an atmosphere at a ground, is to have passionate fans. I rest my case !

Mind you if things were quiet at Treyew Rd, it could be due to the fact that most in the ground were not actually there as Truro supporters... and if those that do support the club make any noise, it would be muffled as they have their heads stuck up someones arse ! In fact, they could actually be the prequal to Jack Bremners first book, just reverse the title !

Well,I would have never,believed it.

Truro City are putting together a magnificent run of results,and pushing towards another fantastic

promotion,and draw a crowd of over 1100 for the big clash against Windsor,and the best you hopeless

lot come up with is ,you could'nt hear the fans on Radio Cornwall ,and most of the people that watch

Truro dont support them.

All I say to you lot is try and watch Truro at there next few away games,like North Leigh,Taunton,and

Bishops Cleeve when the Championship is at stake.

Supporters from Somerset,Swindon,Plymouth,Wycombe,Oxford and many from Truro,then you will

know what passionate support Truro City have.

The only way you can create an atmosphere at a ground, is to have passionate fans. I rest my case !

Mind you if things were quiet at Treyew Rd, it could be due to the fact that most in the ground were not actually there as Truro supporters... and if those that do support the club make any noise, it would be muffled as they have their heads stuck up someones arse ! In fact, they could actually be the prequal to Jack Bremners first book, just reverse the title !

like i said never opened your mouth at perran,i know your team were **** that day but thats when they need your big gob,only sing when your wining :clapper: :c:

Why do you guys bite on these terrible wind ups from these jealous fools who have nothing better to do with their time than hang out in sections (Southern League) which will never concern them, and delete threads about their teams cheating brilliance.

I honestly don't know why you rise to it.

Let's be honest, do I want an average of 450 punters and 1,200 for a game reverred on the non league circuit, or 3 flags and some gobby plonker who knows zilch about football and the fact he is ruining the club he follows good name.

Ignore the idiots and revel in your success guys. Whilst you keep replying to these posts, they'll keep posting.

Below is a match report I wrote for the Pz combo match programme on the game played last season. Read the last paragraph.

Also what a rip-off the Truro SWPL programme was when Pz played there the other night. 3 sheets of paper folded and stapled to make 12 pages for a £1. Of those 12 pages, 2 were adverts, 1 league rules, 1 Truro's history, 1 a roll of honour, 1 front page and 1 about the SWPL prize fund. So out of 12 pages 7 are fixed from issue to issue. So we paid £1 for what, half a page of Welcome to Penzance, a page of team line ups, half a page with the league table, the rest about Truro. Total rip-off.

I do a free 20 page programme for Pz Combo with 16 new pages every copy. Truro you are ripping the public off.

Cornwall Combination League

16th April 2008

Truro City Reserves 5-0 Penzance Reserves

This game was played in perfect conditions under the Treyew Road floodlights. Truro went into the match unbeaten this season whilst Penzance were trying to avoid the league’s wooden spoon.

The ref starts the match and the first bit of goalmouth action sees a Truro player fluff a shot on the edge of the box when through the middle.

Penzance try to break but are pulled back a couple of times due to Truro’s off-side trap.

The first clear cut chance falls to Penzance on 10mins when they break down their left. Marcus Smith puts in a pin-point cross to Danny Magee who volleys low but the Truro keeper John Vaughan makes a fine stop at the bottom of his post.

Truro then break down their left but shoot well wide of Craig Nicholls left-hand post. Then on 15mins they get the ball into the area, a couple of shots are blocked and then a 3rd shot is volleyed wide left.

On 20mins Truro take the lead with an own goal from James Street. They work the ball down their left, float the ball over and 2 Penzance defenders on the 6yd line go for it but collide and the ball bounces out an into the net to put Truro 1-0 up.

5mins later they have a chance to double their lead but a poorly taken free kick, 40yds out on their right drops into the Penzance keeper’s arms. Craig also takes another shot a few seconds later as Truro break through the middle.

By now Truro are well on top with Penzance frustrated at being off-side continuously. Penzance almost give Truro another gift goal when a cross from the right is headed on by a Penzance defender but Craig manages to get it away.

On 36mins Truro work the ball across the edge of the box. They shoot but Craig palms it away and the rebound goes over the bar.

Penzance by now were starting to play their own off-side game and were holding the Truro attack. But then in the 44mins instead of going in 1-0 down they gifted Truro a 2nd goal. Truro break down their right, work into the box and the player is up-ended. The ref blows for a penalty but a melee ensues as Liam Devine studs the player who is on the ground. After breaking it up the ref issues a red card to Devine.

Truro’s Chris Reski steps up and slots the ball to the left with Craig’s diving right. The ref blows for half-time with the score 2-0 to Truro, which was fair on the balance of play, but both goals were Penzance giveaways.

Penzance starting the 2nd half a man short, have a makeshift back line and Truro soon find the weak link and spend the rest of the half exploiting it.

Penzance have first crack at scoring in the half as Paul Cox works his way into the box, beats 2 players but his volley goes straight into the keepers arms.

On 52mins Truro go 3-0 up. They attack down the left to the goal line. A cross goal ball from John Ludlam gives Sammy Matthews a simple tap-in from 3yds.

Truro then break again and only a one-handed fingertip save by Craig from a chip prevents the ball going in. The rebound is volleyed in but is blocked and cleared.

One the hour Truro take their goal tally to 4. A cross ball from mid-field sees Danny Richardson run into the box from their right and put in a low volley past the advancing keeper. The ball hits the inside of the post and spins into the net to make it 4-0 on 60mins.

Penzance bring on Jolan Williams for Zack Podd. They also put a floated ball into the Truro area which is grabbed by the keeper under pressure.

My notes now say, there is general Truro pressure on the Penzance back 4 but they are not achieving much. They get a corner on the right which they waste. They get a cross ball in from the right but a volley from 6yds out goes wide.

Truro then bring on 3 subs to bring some life to the proceedings but it is Penzance who seem to be having the best of the last 10mins pushing up to catch Truro offside..

Penzance get a cross in along the 6yd line but no-one can get to it and it’s cleared. Then Alfie Turner puts one wide from 8yds out.

Then Truro get a last minute goal to make it 5-0. Truro break down the right, cross the ball in and Reski gets his 2nd goal with a back post volley.

Truro from John Vaughan, Dan Richardson, Danny Harris, Tom Chambers, John Ludlam, Jamie Skinner, Justin Harrington, Martin Watts, Sam Matthews, Shane Tolly, Chris Reski, Lewis Russell, Martin Moon, Sam Cooper, Rusty Rowson, Richard Pennington

Penzance – Craig Nicholls, Mark Grenfell, Danny Michael, Danny Magee, Chris Bullock, Zack Podd, Alfie Turner, Liam Devine, Paul Cox, Marcus Smith, James Street

Sub – Jolan Williams (for Podd)

Corner count Truro 4-0 Penzance (1-0 1st half)

Head count 42 (5 supporting Pz, plus 3 holiday makers from London included)

One thing I must say each time Truro scored you could here a pin drop. It happens every season. There seems to be no passion in their supporters or are they so used to it, it’s now expected.

This report was sent to the papers and put on this forum as well as put in our programme so I wrote it as I found it.

CTB - So your argument is based on a broad survey of 1 combo match last season?

:clapper: Of course - it must be the same for every game then! :clapper:

It's a bit obvious really (but I'll spell it out for you anyway) - the extra 650 on the gate were never likely to make the level of noise that we make week in week out - and why should they? Whether they came out of curiosity or not, they still came, and after paying their money it's their decision whether they shouted or not!

Those of us who went to Paulton Rovers last night (one of our closer trips - only 330 miles for a midweek match!) made more noise than the home fans - and we were outnumbered by more than 15 to 1! However, we don't go around lambasting their fans for being quiet - what they do is their choice.

:rolleyes: Clutching at straws now... you really have nothing better to do, do you? :rolleyes:

Guest Man on the Post

Well said CeeCee. CTB and the Judge are never going to change though, the rest of us will just have to put up with their superiority complex. I wonder what it's like on that high horse of theirs? :D

Away fans are always noisier than home fans at any level of football

There's no atmosphere at any ground down here, so I'll back Truro on this one! if there was any singing (proper singing) at Truro, then it would soon disappear with wind down to County Hall anyway.

You can't compare Rugby to football, if there was a mass scrap in football with 22 players all piling in, then you would hear noise, "get stuck in, come on" and all that load of shite.

Guest citylad

what a complete joke this thread is hahaha they have nothing better to do but yet again have another dig at truro. o well the team is doing it on the pitch and thats all that matters and to be honest it wasnt dead on tuesday night. :D

Also what a rip-off the Truro SWPL programme was when Pz played there the other night. 3 sheets of paper folded and stapled to make 12 pages for a £1. Of those 12 pages, 2 were adverts, 1 league rules, 1 Truro's history, 1 a roll of honour, 1 front page and 1 about the SWPL prize fund. So out of 12 pages 7 are fixed from issue to issue. So we paid £1 for what, half a page of Welcome to Penzance, a page of team line ups, half a page with the league table, the rest about Truro. Total rip-off.

I do a free 20 page programme for Pz Combo with 16 new pages every copy. Truro you are ripping the public off.

I notice no comment about the rip-off that is the Truro SWPL programme.

I forgot to mention that I was one of the first in the ground and went into the t-hut and joked where were the prawn sandwiches and would you believe they had cream cakes for sale. Cream cakes, I couldn't believe it, this is football not a sit down Marks and Sparks Cafe.

SWLP ? - Oh yes that was that little league we played in during our former history.

GAWD - That was a long time ago when City's first team played the locals.

ROLL ON - Saturday, I shall be at North Leigh for some real football, North Leigh who

_______ - have won their last 5 games against Truro City who have won their last 6.

NOW YOU KNOW - Why Truro City have more away supporters than many SWPL clubs have home fans.

:c::c::c: TRURO CITY - FLYING THE FLAG :c::c: :c:

I notice no comment about the rip-off that is the Truro SWPL programme.

I forgot to mention that I was one of the first in the ground and went into the t-hut and joked where were the prawn sandwiches and would you believe they had cream cakes for sale. Cream cakes, I couldn't believe it, this is football not a sit down Marks and Sparks Cafe.

So you do a 20 page programme for free,bloody big deal.For the life of me I cant see how you can fill the pages about a has been club that we dont know already.And not the smartest move to do it for free,wouldnt it be better to charge a little and put the proceeds in to help the club.

Apart from having a stupid debate about programmes,we at Truro like to do our talking on the football pitch,end of story.

Guest Man on the Post

A man is likely to mind his own business when it is worth minding. When it is not, he takes his mind off his own meaningless affairs by minding other people's business. Eric Hoffer, philosopher and author (1902-1983)

SWLP ? - Oh yes that was that little league we played in during our former history.

Don't mean to seem picky Mountaineer, but Truro City's first team didn't have to bother with the SWLP, although thinking about it, I'm assuming by SWLP - you're referring to the South West League Peninsula!!!

I tuned in to Radio Cornwall for 2 mins last weekend and thought totally the opposite actually.

The Launceston RFC game sounded like it had 4 men and a dog spectating.

Who is the canny one here? If you choose not to charge for all that hard work then you are missing out on revenue for your club!

cream cakes for sale

Another revenue stream for the club. Big Trev wouldnt need to ask for so much to subsidize the team if you sold a few cream cakes yourself!

Just how much fund raising goes on at Penzance?

GAWD - That was a long time ago when City's first team played the locals.

Be careful who you kick on the way up my friend!

I admire Truro and never have and never will knock the ambition and drive of all concerned.

(With the exception of the odd ethical issue that has been much documented in the past) but when the successes of your survival in the big leagues is down to one man, comments like this could come back and bite you.

Take a look at St Austell RFC, had the money when ASDA bought them out, done the big boys stuff and eventually filtered back down the pyramid when the finances dried up and I expect that was with treble the gates at Treyew Road!

If any Truro fans wonder why they occasionally come in for some stick, comments like this should help you understand why locals get a little teasy when, if finances were available, their club could be replicating Truro's efforts. Good job KH had TR1 in his sat nav back in the day!

Don't mean to seem picky Mountaineer, but Truro City's first team didn't have to bother with the SWLP, although thinking about it, I'm assuming by SWLP - you're referring to the South West League Peninsula!!!

SORRY DAVE,

On the forums, any error will be noted, like someone noticed the Didcot points tally of yours on another thread, dare we breathe? - I too am NOT being picky - I am smiling.

YOU GOT ME in a moment of weakness the mind boggled, I was thinking South Western League :rolleyes:

In years to come should things go tits up, the return journey would be even more interesting, however, I think Mr Heaney has brought the club too far for that to happen, THIS PROMOTION cements the club into being a viable acquisition for new owners should one day Mr Heaney decide to sell, in saying that, Mr H has the enthusiasm to attend almost all the away games this season, not the actions of a man who has lost his desire. Mr Heaney like City's "NEW" fan-base will be around for a while yet.

City's "fan-base" was weathered the test of poor results (good practice for the harder programme next season), this seasons home run didn't dampen their spirits, that has been a blessing in disguise because if the current faithful were fickle many would have left by now, those home results certainly bemused us AWAY supporters.

BONUS WEEK FOR ME - North Leach on Saturday, Thatcham on Tuesday, a bit like having a double birthday treat.

Sorry I was unable to pick up your pilot radio shows.

There was actually singing and chanting at Truro's match against W&E, and always is at every home match, the problem being that there is a small hardcore of fans, no more than about 20, who will sing and chant to get the team going, but everyone else that goes there just stands and watches, or shouts at the players when they don't play the way then want them to play.

The Northern contingent who follow Truro are quite vocal, and normally start the chanting off.

20 against an average of 450 doesn't go far for getting a chant going, but neither does fans leaving early when Truro are winning comfortably, just to get out of the car park a bit earlier than everyone else - just turn left out of the ground, and not right, it holds everyone else up!

You beat me to it -I was waiting til the end of season to do a promotion comparison with Truro

Colne Dynamoes founded 1975

1981-82 Lancashire Combination- Promoted as Runners Up

1982-83 North West Counties Div3 Promoted as Champions

-------------------------------------------------------

1986-87 North West Counties Div2 Promoted

1987-88 North West Counties Div.1 Promoted as Champions-F.A.Vase Winners

1988-89 Northern Premier League Div.1 Promoted as Champions

1989-90 Northern Premier League(Premier) - Champions-F.A.Trophy Semi Final

It should have been 4 consecutive promotions but-

1990 Denied promotion to the Conference then folded.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Big contracts to service for starters !

Will this be before or after the ground has been built on and the club is homeless - no new 'Stadium for Cornwall' likely to be built privately now.

Is someone suggesting that the club may be sold at some point soon(ish), perhaps as he aquired the club for peanuts, he could hand it back to the old guard who really have the club at heart.

All Mr Heany could sell would be the leasehold of the ground as the ground is looked after by a group of trustees, plus any players contracts, etc.

For developement to take place the trustees would have to sell the freehold of the ground.

I read in the overpriced rip-off called the Truro City programme that he has twin aims. "Firstly to make the club self-sustaining and secondly to progress through the league system with the ultimate goal of becoming a professional football club."

The first half of the second aim might be half achieved but the rest is pie in the sky

THIS PROMOTION cements the club into being a viable acquisition for new owners should one day Mr Heaney decide to sell

Humour me for one moment and pretend I have the spare money to "buy", what exactly would I be getting for my cash? :blink:

Dave, this recession will not be with us for ever, England ended at Plymouth, that being the farthest footballing outpost, at last it is on the cards for CORNWALL to have it's own FOOTBALL LEAGUE club, Truro City has extended those frontiers.

You ask the question "What would you be getting for your cash"

Answer :- At this moment in time - NOWT,

however, 5/10 years down the line a prestige club firmly anchored on the Cornish sporting scene that businesses will want to be associated with, the good times will return and the benefits from being involved with the areas prime sports facilities will reap it's rewards.

Within our family we have sponsorships with three Southern League S/W Div 1 clubs, who knows? could that have any bearing on business being good, we like to think so. Pity one of the clubs took 6 points off Truro City (8 in total), otherwise promotion would be that much closer now.

Just a reminder 'Mountaineer' that Truro didnt win that LITTLE South Western League in 2005/06 and could have missed promotion when another club was denied second spot because of a deducted point.

Just a reminder 'Mike', Truro were deducted three points that season and thus could have missed out on promotion for this reason. ;)

Just a reminder 'Mountaineer' that Truro didnt win that LITTLE South Western League in 2005/06 and could have missed promotion when another club was denied second spot because of a deducted point.

Just a reminder 'Mike', Truro were deducted three points that season and thus could have missed out on promotion for this reason. ;)

Good one Tom-I was half expecting that reply.

I seem to remember Truro were strongly set for an appeal before Falmouth accepted their fate.

My main gripe is not knocking the Truro club but the belittling of Cornish clubs and its league.

[b]however, 5/10 years down the line a prestige club firmly anchored on the Cornish sporting scene that businesses will want to be associated with,

i know a few bussiness that would not want anything to do with the club,(whilst a certain person see fit to rip them off), apart from getting the monies owed to them, and i would like to think whilst a certain person is involved with the club that no bussiness would want to be involved, just in case they don't get paid

i do hope city gain football league status but not treating people the way in which someone has done

:c::c: :c:

Good one Tom-I was half expecting that reply.

I seem to remember Truro were strongly set for an appeal before Falmouth accepted their fate.

My main gripe is not knocking the Truro club but the belittling of Cornish clubs and its league.

Mike, Many on here delight in skimming their pebbles over the water (is that still the top Cornish pastime?) in the direction of Truro City, is it little wonder we retaliate in kind.

EVERY DAY SHOULD BE A FUN DAY :thumbsup: .

BOOK ME IN FOR A PASTY EATING COMPETITION. - ANYTHING TO BRIDGE THE GAP. :drink:

LAUGH AND THE WORLD LAUGHS WITH YOU :yahoo:

Guest Man on the Post

Humour me for one moment and pretend I have the spare money to "buy", what exactly would I be getting for my cash?

You would be getting nothing Dave! Everyone accepts that buying a football club, (apart from perhaps in the premiership), is like pouring your money down a drain. It's all about putting money into your passion and 'living the dream'. It's why some people spend thousands investing in racehorses which may never win a race. However there's a chance, just a chance that one day they may be the owner of the winner of the Grand National!

If anybody has to ask 'What exactly would i be getting for my cash?' then they should not be buying a football club! :D

I like a nice cream cake and I'm sure that if Penzance had the gumption to sell them, CTB and I would have the appetite to polish them off. It is impertinent for anybody from Tap Tap Anorak Mewton's Little Pastel Pink Ballet Troupe with its "bowl-like ground" (Rolo slavers over something better) to criticise the great club the White Hyenas have become since Lady Truro and I moved on to Daniell Road. Most of the best players the Pink Magpies ever possessed learned everything they knew at St Just before being bribed, threatened, tapped up, politically compromised or stolen by Smacktown Scumbag FC down the road.

I shall be there shouting for the White Tinners of Treyew Road when necessary, as I would any Cornish side, well, almost any Cornish side......

Penzance brought the whole first team to St Just for a Combo fixture in 1971. I am an elephant. :c::c: :c:

i always have and always will refuse to knock Truro City and hope they progress as far as is possible but to say that this promotion will cement the clubs future is foolish. just a few names of clubs who's future was cemented.

Luton town

Rotherham utd.

afc Bournemouth.

Leeds utd.

need i carry on :c:

Dodgy stuff, cement. Concrete cancer is bad too: look at our stand. The best places are built on granite. Slip a lump in your boots. There's a lot of it on the high side of West Penwith, but it runs out just where the land slopes down to Mount's Bay and goes all southcoast and squidgy and tap tap tap like a Mr Softee ice cream.....