Cornwall Football Forum

Next season's title tips and relegation battlers

Guest messi

just wondering what everyones predictions ae on who's gonna be at the top and bootom of the table next season? is there another truro in the ranks or a suprise team that could shock the league? views please!

Guest Mawnans no 9

With the Money St.Day have and the players they are about to sign this summer they will be no where near the Bottom of the table

Guest messi

weres this money come from?? on the st day front? i agree with st darren if porthleven keep the squad they have and add to it, with abit more consistency could easily be up there!! as a mullion player im glad to hear names we've got coming in and hope to jus progress with at top 14 finish but squads lookin good a season without constantly lookin over are shoulders will be nice!!

Guest messi

soccer follower, i dont want to get to carried away it would be progress for sure! if u are who i think you are then you know already what are squads lookin like next year and u know we could really have a good season and push into top 10 but if ur not then don't worry about it! the ambitions there but sometimes you have to be realistic if you exceed expectations then even better!! which we might jus do

so no-one is expecting helston to mount another challenge which i find surprissing considering the players they have and im sure winno will strenghthen in the summer I think they will mount another challenge as will newquay and maybe perranporth if the players materialise for gossy.

Guest ECPL Supporter

so no-one is expecting helston to mount another challenge which i find surprissing considering the players they have and im sure winno will strenghthen in the summer I think they will mount another challenge as will newquay and maybe perranporth if the players materialise for gossy.

I've heard Gossy has got a big budget

Guest Dermot

Perranporth to be one of the top teams next Season & Penzance to have a complete turnaround and finish well in the Combo,i Reffed their U/18s the other night and they have a few quality players in the team that could easily step up next Season. ;0) :c:

Guest Dermot

Seems to me ECPL Supporter that teams in the West of the County have always posted more on this site than teams from the East,maybe a bit more passionate about the forum in the West eh ? ;0/ :c:

I am waiting for the backlash now. ;0) :smiley20:

Ronin, we all know Perran will be a different side next season. I also see it not being a one off, cos Gossy will be there for a few years!

In answer to Little Miss Cornwall, is Winno staying at Helston next year? if he doesn't, what players will go elsewhere?

Guest Ronin

I certainly hope so Darren. Every seems very excited about it :thumbsup: I hope Portreath have a good first season too, after their Junior Cup win I reckon they'll settle right in.

lots of names linked with perranporth so they will start as favorites i think with perranwell and holmans up there again at the bottom wendron hayle and ludgvan although the first two will be helped out by their first teams no doubt . as for portreath i think some people are in for a shock :D

Well who will pay? will get them up a few places but don't count out Perranwell as i have heard they have got plans to have a hospital built there and there will be more doctors to choooooose!!!

And a Tesco!! Well every little helps!! :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Perranwell will only stand a chance to retain or even look good in 08/09 if they keep David Fisher ,Frank Gardner ,,,,, and that dark horse Clive Jonse ,,,,,,,,,,, who won the combo league with Truro City keep them together and who knows what ,,,,,,,,,,,,, fisher was wise to ask jonesy to join him back in the o6/07 seaon to come back and win it again as thats what perranwell have done |City are not a combo side ,,,,,so dont count,,, sorry Mr Heaney

Any views on the same question for ECPL? Or not enough ECPL people out there?

Premier Div: Tamarside, Lanreath and Sticker to do well and compete for the league, with Morwenstow and Bere Alston to be the suprise packages. Camelford Reserves, Probus and St. Blazey Reserves to struggle.

Div 1: Bude Town= winners. Polperro to do well and challenge for title, along with Parkway reserves and the other Plmouth teams, i imagine they will be strong.

on the east cornwall front...

Premier: have to agree with budetownfcpicks. torpoint, tamarside and lanreath. Not sure who to go down. Depends on what the teams coming up are like.

Div 1: Plymouth side's to be strong and challenge on all fronts. Bude and polperro.

Guest Urban Spaceman

if what i hear is true falmouth town will be a force to reckon with this season. also heard frankie could be on his way out of perranwell

on the east cornwall front...

Premier: have to agree with budetownfcpicks. torpoint, tamarside and lanreath. Not sure who to go down. Depends on what the teams coming up are like.

Div 1: Plymouth side's to be strong and challenge on all fronts. Bude and polperro.

Thanks lads, may have something to live up to. Better to be a dark horse than a favourite in my opinion, but what do I know!

If we were offered a mid table finish at the beginning of last season it would have been the best we were expecting. However after some of our results and performances against some very good sides in the cup (you could say ours was the group of death!) & league it was disappointing to finish where we did. There were too many games where we just didn't do ourselves justice though.

Having said that, our squad was very young (apart from myself & Paddy the rest were no older than 26!) and wasn't large enough to cope with the injuries and suspensions we suffered during the last part of the season.

Any side coming over from Plymouth will be strong, especially the sides with Peninsula 1st teams. St Stephens Borough are a good side and games on a "plastic" pitch will be interesting.

All in all I'm looking forward to next season and the different challenges it may bring. I just hope I can stay injury & illness free so I can be more help! It could be my last season so I hope it's 1 of my best.

Guest WINNO

ALL THIS ALREADY. I LOVE IT.

AS FAR AS I AM AWARE NOBODY CAN SIGN ANY FORMS AT ALL UNTIL THE END OF MAY. IF THEY HAVE FOR ANOTHER CLUB WOULD THAT BE DEEMED AS ILLEGAL.

ALSO MEANS NOWT UNTIL THE 1ST DAY OF THE SEASON SEE WHO STARTS WHERE. I CAN TELL YOU DON'T RIGHT OFF HELSTON I CAN TELL YOU THEY WILL BE AS STRONG IF NOT STRONGER THAN LAST SEASON.......

WELL DONE TO PERRANWELL FOR RUNNERS UP..................

Guest Postie Pidge

July 1st I believe is when clubs can legally sign players. I have heard some clubs have signed players on already. If every league changed the colour of the signing on forms each season that problem would be sorted.

ALL THIS ALREADY. I LOVE IT.

AS FAR AS I AM AWARE NOBODY CAN SIGN ANY FORMS AT ALL UNTIL THE END OF MAY. IF THEY HAVE FOR ANOTHER CLUB WOULD THAT BE DEEMED AS ILLEGAL.

ALSO MEANS NOWT UNTIL THE 1ST DAY OF THE SEASON SEE WHO STARTS WHERE. I CAN TELL YOU DON'T RIGHT OFF HELSTON I CAN TELL YOU THEY WILL BE AS STRONG IF NOT STRONGER THAN LAST SEASON.......

WELL DONE TO PERRANWELL FOR RUNNERS UP..................

All this already- have to agree with you winno, the seasons just ended a people predicting next seasons league. Yawn Yawn Yawn. How many years have we heard whos going to win the league cause they got loads of money and new BIG signings and then fall way below the mark they set themselves. How many years have we seen the Combo go to the last few games with more than a handful in contention, its what makes that league a good one to be in.

Mullion and Goonhavern were top sides for years when all around them were paying stupid money and they paid out nothing, (sorry i sometimes had a fiver for fuel and a lucozade off jayner, well it was 46 mile round trip to Mullion). Good luck next season bud, im sure Dom will be a big presence for you again.

Well i am a Perranwell ex player and Chairman! and i would like to wish you all a restfull summer as we all need a break from this website heated stuff!! I have put my comments on ( as i see them!) and upset a few people haven't i Mr Deacon? But as i am a little switched on, i know how far to go! But a few on here don't!

Someone even thought i said Dom Pullen was fat!! Well i would love him to play for my team anyday! as natural goalscorers don't come two a penny!! Well done Dom you are a nice guy! So i may go back on the board next season at the village club!! (well i was born over the hedge) good luck to all ( even Truro !) As i am a season ticket holder at the Pirates! Money does talk!! ( But not at Perranwell!!) :yahoo:

Holmans to win the league, followed by Perranwell, Perranporth and Helston. Illogan, St.Agnes, Newquay, Penryn, Porthleven, Penzance and Portreath well-placed. St Ives and Falmouth mid-table but able to upset top sides on their day. Mullion better than in recent years, Culdrose, Hayle ,St Day, St Just probably just outrscrapping Wendron for eighteenth and Ludgvan holding up the rest. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...