Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Tuesday 19 March 2024

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Tuesday March 19, 2024

Saltash United    0-0     Barnstaple Town

Bridgwater United    2-2     Helston Athletic

Long way to go yet but if Falmouth can keep winning prior to the Good Friday clash at Helston, it should be an exciting game. A Town victory would really open the title race up.

Should be a big crowd on the day. Two coaches so far going from Falmouth and both full already.

8 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Long way to go yet but if Falmouth can keep winning prior to the Good Friday clash at Helston, it should be an exciting game. A Town victory would really open the title race up.

Should be a big crowd on the day. Two coaches so far going from Falmouth and both full already.

Certainly making the run-in exciting and interesting. 👍

4 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Good point for Saltash last night! On paper you'd expect a Barum win. 

To be fair if you saw the state of the pitch you imagine it wasn’t a game full of any good football. Probably just about given the go ahead ti okay on. Can see why it was goalless. 

13 hours ago, The Town Man said:

6 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

To be fair if you saw the state of the pitch you imagine it wasn’t a game full of any good football. Probably just about given the go ahead ti okay on. Can see why it was goalless. 

c2c58061-3948-4527-9534-10d753414685.jpeg

Early days I know,but imagine this scenario.Last game of the season.Falmouth and Helston tied on points at the top of the table.

Helston are home to Clevedon  that day,whilst town are at home to Oldland abbotonians.

The league officials are sat in the halfway house inn carpark with the league trophy listening in to radio cornwall wondering wether to turn right or left out of the car park.

28 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Early days I know,but imagine this scenario.Last game of the season.Falmouth and Helston tied on points at the top of the table.

Helston are home to Clevedon  that day,whilst town are at home to Oldland abbotonians.

The league officials are sat in the halfway house inn carpark with the league trophy listening in to radio cornwall wondering wether to turn right or left out of the car park.

If both sides are locked together on points, goal difference and goals scored, does it come down to a game of "rock, paper,scissors" between Jeff Chambers and Le Boss?

52 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

c2c58061-3948-4527-9534-10d753414685.jpeg

Being associated with a Club with 3 senior sides (dropped from 4), when you're in this position with the pitch you can see at times why Parkway and Tavistock took the decision to not run a reserve side. Full credit to the band of volunteers that get these out back together.

37 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Waste of time listening to Radio Cornwall, unless they want to know the rugby results!  My cousin missed one of the goals in Jersey, because they broke off to go a rugby game.

On 21/03/2024 at 01:30, Footy follower said:

Please use Jeff's self titled name of the general please 😏

I would'nt say calling myself The General was self titled as i would have probably gone for Field Marshall ;)  however saying that, i've been called a lot worse :).

Quite like calling myself my real name on this forum Footy follower, it's all me and my opinions. UTMT :) 

2 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

I would'nt say calling myself The General was self titled as i would have probably gone for Field Marshall ;)  however saying that, i've been called a lot worse :).

Quite like calling myself me real name on this forum Footy follower, it's all me and my opinions. UTMT :) 

You not know my dad...John Follower?