Cornwall Football Forum

Lack of facilities at Bodmin ?

21 minutes ago, Wetsuit said:

Decent weather and it’s game off again.   What now?

Just seen a tweet from them saying next Friday's match is off due to unforeseen circumstances. Considering it's a week away, they obviously feel whatever the reason is, it can't be rectified in time. 

News is on cornish times website, the local council has condemned the stand, which incorporates the changing rooms, electric problems for changing rooms,which can be fixed in time, but  other matters will affect spectaters using stand, funny thing is, the council own the stand I think, will take time is the understanding... 

A quick one from me as I feel stopping gossip and rumours spreading early is key here . 

we have a issue raised by the council that’s now getting looked at and will take a couple of weeks to retify as it requires it to be certified afterwards. Professionals are not always available at the drop of a hat to do stuff so the club have it all booked in it will be rectified. 

regarding not playing at dobwalls etc 

both dobwalls and ourselves did all we could to try raise a possible solution for this to happen but they have there res at home and commitments on the pitch too that stopped s possibility of a early kick off .

Until the problems fixed which like I say it will be on the footballing side which is my domain the players and staff are itching to play and we will do all we can if that means reversing fixtures we will . A lot of positives in the playing group at the moment a young and hungry side that’s starting to gel .

hope you guys on here focus more on the positives of that going forward 

🟡

11 hours ago, Tamar.man said:

News is on cornish times website, the local council has condemned the stand, which incorporates the changing rooms, electric problems for changing rooms,which can be fixed in time, but  other matters will affect spectaters using stand, funny thing is, the council own the stand I think, will take time is the understanding... 

Something must have alerted the council to make an inspection and condem the structure, was it pointed out to them by their tenants or supporters ?
Whatever the reason, that it was allowed to deteriorate to such a degree that it needed to be condemned, does no one any credit.
An interesting point also is, does this mean that the league only inspect and grade the facilities of a club who want to join the league, but pay no attention as to whether those facilities are maintained to the condition required to join in the first place.
There are only 17 clubs in the Peninsula West League, surely even if staggered over two seasons, each venue could be inspected and a report sent to the parties concerned.

Or does it already happen and the findings are ignored ?

2 hours ago, The Governor said:

Why did the league not make them play the game at Dobwalls?

Dobwalls ground attempted but already being used by various different groups.

Plymouth Argyle FITC have use of the grounds in the morning until 12.30 and Dobwalls Reserves are at Home in the afternoon

The Ground Grading regulations do not cover every aspect of a Club's facilities and some parts would have to conform to wider UK safety regulations. The lease agreement should identify who is responsible for identifying and making good any deficiencies. I have no idea what the problem is but electrical installations are an example of regulations which seem to regularly change and have to be checked & certified as compliant (every 3 years I believe?). I'm sure Bodmin will be doing their best to get things up and running again as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

The Ground Grading regulations do not cover every aspect of a Club's facilities and some parts would have to conform to wider UK safety regulations. The lease agreement should identify who is responsible for identifying and making good any deficiencies. I have no idea what the problem is but electrical installations are an example of regulations which seem to regularly change and have to be checked & certified as compliant (every 3 years I believe?). I'm sure Bodmin will be doing their best to get things up and running again as soon as possible.

Regardlessof any problem that Bodmin may have, with respect to every other club in the league, are the facilities that relate to ground grading ever checked to establish that they are up to the standard that is required by any newcomers to the league, or are such checks not undertaken but just left to the club concerned.

Some of the money paid to players at this level would do well to be diverted in to taking their supporters wellbeing in to account, especially the safety and health and saftey aspect which should be the basis of any inspection that deals with public access, and of course the teams partaking in the sport.

8 hours ago, We Two said:

Regardlessof any problem that Bodmin may have, with respect to every other club in the league, are the facilities that relate to ground grading ever checked to establish that they are up to the standard that is required by any newcomers to the league, or are such checks not undertaken but just left to the club concerned.

All ground grading is now undertaken by Football Foundation and every Club in the NLS has been visited and audited for compliance this season. Newly promoted Clubs have until 31st March to get everything in place. The remaining Clubs have an extra 12 months to get their houses in order if deficiencies have been identified. 

22 hours ago, Footy follower said:

If you had your way you would have spectators watching from the Tottenham Hotspur stadium but watching the Dog and Duck fc

There are health and safety regulations that need to be followed by anyone who entertains ?? the public and charges them for the privilege.
We have been to clubs in the Peninsula League where if you dropped your pasty on the floor, you could still safely pick it up and eat it, conversely we've also been to one where toilets for the public would only be used in an emergency.
We're merely reminding clubs of their obligations regardless of personal opinions which count for nothing should an unfortunate accident happen resulting in a club being taken to court.
As the age old adage goes " ignorance of the law is no defence " and that applies whoever you are.

11 hours ago, Andy Yeatman said:

I'm sure the hard working volunteers at Bodmin didn't want any of this but it's them that will have yet more hard work to address the issues they face. Be good if people will support them in their efforts rather than criticise with the benefit of hindsight and a keyboard.

You may not of read our previous posts made over a long period that advocated clubs resposibility to their paying customer which is a requirement in law and not aimed at any particular sport or club but also applies to business etc.
Such requirements are obligatory and apply to all sections of responsibility for peoples safety which goes back over many years, and is certainly not hindsight applied to a particular event..
Comments were not aimed at Bodmin in particular as stated above " regardless of any problem Bodmin may have " negates that suggestion.
Pointing out the lawful obligations of any organisation is not a criticisim, rather a reminder of legal obligations that apply to everyone and can be ignored if it doesn't apply.

12 hours ago, Andy Yeatman said:

I'm sure the hard working volunteers at Bodmin didn't want any of this but it's them that will have yet more hard work to address the issues they face. Be good if people will support them in their efforts rather than criticise with the benefit of hindsight and a keyboard.

Don't think anybody is criticising the current management or hard working volunteers of Bodmin, they've been left quite a legacy by some of the previous ones though. The club is a good example of why ground grading needs to exist, fortunes spent on players over the last 10-15 years but Priory Park has been neglected.

Wish nothing but well to Simon Minett and the rest, the SWPL needs this club (and all others) to be competitive and sustainable.